sunshinestate2013

N-400 - March 2017 Filers

2,795 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@BRONXRN @Nick79

We seem to be the only NY Filers here (left in the waiting queue, others have interviews either scheduled or have already interviewed). It's my wife infact who is applying but I'm basically her watchdog for the N400 process ;)

Further more, I feel obligated to mention that she will most likely be interviewed at Holtsville, which is an order of a magnitude behind NYC interviews.

I just hope we all have a speedy rest of the process.

Cheers.

Edited by Ami&Chigs
Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

Please add me 

Florida 

Sent my n400..  march 28/  17

Received .. March 30th/ 17

Money order chashed  ..April 5th/ 17

Finger print appointment..April 25th /17

In line for interview..May 28th/17

Interview scheduled ...August 9th /17

Interview letter received August 12th/17

Interview is on ... September 18th/17

Edited by Jahknow1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ami&Chigs said:

@BRONXRN @Nick79

We seem to be the only NY Filers here (left in the waiting queue, others have interviews either scheduled or have already interviewed). It's my wife infact who is applying but I'm basically her watchdog for the N400 process ;)

Further more, I feel obligated to mention that she will most likely be interviewed at Holtsville, which is an order of a magnitude behind NYC interviews.

Cheers.

Hopefully the NY FO will get their act together; I wonder if anyone else will be getting the 2nd FP notice, since the officer explained to me that they're currently upgrading their FP systems and that's why I had to do it twice. Or perhaps I was randomly selected for this upgraded FP...who knows; he told me he couldn't share too much info about it. My NOA is 3/1 so hopefully they won't take too long to schedule the interview since folks who filed after me (us) already had theirs. Good luck to all, let's sit tight and hope it will be a smooth process from here on out. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, jk2 said:

Please add me 

Florida 

Sent my n400..  march 28/  17

Received .. March 30th/ 17

Money order chashed  ..April 5th/ 17

Finger print appointment..April 25th /17

In line for interview..May 28th/17

Interview scheduled ...August 9th /17

Interview letter received August 12th/17

Interview is on ... September 18th/17

Hi @jk2 , what is your FO in Florida, Miami, Orlando, Oakland, WPB?

congrats with the invitation for the interview! You going to be first from Florida who got it:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nick79 said:

Hopefully the NY FO will get their act together; I wonder if anyone else will be getting the 2nd FP notice, since the officer explained to me that they're currently upgrading their FP systems and that's why I had to do it twice. Or perhaps I was randomly selected for this upgraded FP...who knows; he told me he couldn't share too much info about it. My NOA is 3/1 so hopefully they won't take too long to schedule the interview since folks who filed after me (us) already had theirs. Good luck to all, let's sit tight and hope it will be a smooth process from here on out. 

I hope you are right. We still do not know what is the real connection between being "in line" and having background checks cleared and that would be an interesting mystery to solve. From your experience it appears  there is more direct connection between FP completed and being "in line". Anyways, it is definitely better to be in line than sitting in "fingerprint appointment scheduled" phase like me (and my wife). :) 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, casualuser said:

I hope you are right. We still do not know what is the real connection between being "in line" and having background checks cleared and that would be an interesting mystery to solve. From your experience it appears  there is more direct connection between FP completed and being "in line". Anyways, it is definitely better to be in line than sitting in "fingerprint appointment scheduled" phase like me (and my wife). :) 

Have you made an infopass appt or submitted a service request yet? Not suggesting they're the most helpful but you may be able to get some info. In any event, I'm sure you will get in line soon; what exactly it means to be in line is still a bit of a mystery to me anyhow. Some people get in line in a matter of days then they wait 6 months for an interview date, while those who take a long time to be put in line get an interview within a couple of weeks of the in-line notice...Even L2 officers can't seem to be able to explain the meaning of the different statuses clearly.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nick79 said:

Have you made an infopass appt or submitted a service request yet?

Nope. Your experience tells me that it is pure waste of time. I am not in a hurry either, but I would love to have the process completed before the summer of 2018. Since Raleigh has relatively short processing times (January 2017 as of June 30), in a few months I will be legally entitled to submit an official service request due to falling out of normal processing times. This will be a good time to attack the problem from many fronts if nothing happens (SR, ombudsman, congressional inquiries etc).

But it seems it is too early to have a good argument against USCIS now, since I am still within normal processing (like most of us).

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ami&Chigs said:

@BRONXRN @Nick79

Cheers.

Its time for you to talk to an L2 officer at USCIS. Ask them if the file has moved from NBC to the local field office. Over 4 months in the in line status is quite annoying. You probably are very close to getting the interview scheduled.

Timeline

Interview scheduled! (don't have the notice yet so I don't know the date). A bit of a rollercoaster ride but we're getting there: 4 1/2 months and 2 FP to get in line, in line on 8/16, Interview scheduled on 8/17. Crazy.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Nick79 said:

Interview scheduled! (don't have the notice yet so I don't know the date). A bit of a rollercoaster ride but we're getting there: 4 1/2 months and 2 FP to get in line, in line on 8/16, Interview scheduled on 8/17. Crazy.

Woohoo. I guess all that frustration is finally paying off.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nick79 said:

Congratulations! That series of events actually suggests that "in-line" has nothing to do with background checks. It is just a receipt of FP done. Probably the file was transferred to field office and  they entered the application for "in-line" in order to enable automatic interview date generation which happened on the next day. It could be that applications are "inlined" at NBC, and interviews are scheduled when the paperwork is transferred to a field office. That would also explain why people still differ by the time spent "in-line" in the same field office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Nick79 said:

Congratulations Nick79. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nick79 said:

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nick79 said:

This is great news. And it does give us hope. Almost there ;)

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.