42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

If your boss dit not deduct taxes for you, that means you still need to pay those taxes, over what he payed you, or you will be commiting tax fraud. that is a bad idea with or withouth K1 visa in prosses.

Sounds to me that if your boss tolt you he was paying taxes for you when he hired you and then was not doing that, he has not payed you the amounth of salery that he owes you. ANd if you have a written contract you should go afte that as soon as you find another job. You can still get the rest of your salery then and pay that to the IRS yourself. Regardless report him as soon as you are shure of your new job. Becasue that is false pretences and most defenitly illlegal, if he does that with you he is probbaly taking advantage of other workers to.

Those kind of employers are the big problem for america where immegrant workers are getting the blame for.

Ooh i just now read another post you already sayd you dont want to report your friend. If you dont want to report your friend then that means you are willing to be fraudelent for him, that is not a smal thing. But atleast dont use that income on your petition at all then, Get a sponsor then at least you dont have to directly lie to them about your income.

anolther thing you both could consider sinds he is a friend, is that you do report the mony he gave you, but not as income, but as a gift you can gift up to a sertain amouth a year to a person withouth high tax implecations and atleast its not illegal then. It becomes a gift in return for a favor for a friend, but when you dont pay income taxes dont report as income to a goverment agency, that is just a terrible idea.

That can not only mess up your aplication but gt you in jail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/28/2017 at 3:59 PM, andy78 said:

Don't try this legal dictionary nonsense, kid.   I am not even going to bother quoting the US immigration law and the USCIS policy manual for you. You already know quite well that what you are asking about is FRAUD.

Yeah ok kid, thanks. If you're not going to ad anything go "help" someone else.

Timeline
23 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

I fail to see where I made up a story alternate to yours, but, it is all good.

On 2/28/2017 at 4:30 PM, neilsqueen said:

"Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim asresult."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

#2 is true in your case so you are committing fraud.  You should NEVER lie but especially NEVER lie to the GOVERNMENT!  If you really want to be with your significant other, don't play with fire cause you will definitely get burned! 

All of the criteria have to be true not just one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
6 hours ago, David&Femke said:

Ooh i just now read another post you already sayd you dont want to report your friend. If you dont want to report your friend then that means you are willing to be fraudelent for him, that is not a smal thing. But atleast dont use that income on your petition at all then, Get a sponsor then at least you dont have to directly lie to them about your income.

The petitioner still has to fill out a I-134, no way around that. 

anolther thing you both could consider sinds he is a friend, is that you do report the mony he gave you, but not as income, but as a gift you can gift up to a sertain amouth a year to a person withouth high tax implecations and atleast its not illegal then. It becomes a gift in return for a favor for a friend, but when you dont pay income taxes dont report as income to a goverment agency, that is just a terrible idea.

Err no.....that is Fraud deluxe.  SMH..... 

To the OP if you don't want to report your friend, your only other solution is to find another job.  I'm curious as to why you are asking this question now as it seems you knowingly have worked under these circumstances for a while.   It's a big mess and no easy way out. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

The petitioner still has to fill out a I-134, no way around that. 

Err no.....that is Fraud deluxe.  SMH..... 

To the OP if you don't want to report your friend, your only other solution is to find another job.  I'm curious as to why you are asking this question now as it seems you knowingly have worked under these circumstances for a while.   It's a big mess and no easy way out. 

ooh mauybe im wrong on that, maybe a gift is only allowed when you intent it as a gift fom the beginning, i dont know enough about it to say for shure, you can alwasy just call the IRS and ask them what is and is not allowed.

8 hours ago, BuckeyJ said:

I do not think you understand how dictionaries work.   The numbers mean that it is a different definition for the word.  

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Timeline

We are beating a dead horse at this point.   I think the OP has had his question answered long ago.   Any further additions is just for sheer entertainment purposes now.   Someone should close this thread.  

Any adult working a job of any sort knows taxes are to be paid... And any under the table arrangements are not without risk.  You cannot migrate to the U.S or help someone do so with such shady arrangements.  You need to refocus and get your priorities straightened out.

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

On 3/1/2017 at 2:09 AM, Californiansunset said:

The Philippines probably don't allow a co-sponsor for a K1 or do they?! That would be my suggestion for your case if they allow a co-sponsor, immediately go find one. Don't submit any papers of this job that might cause harm at a later date. It might work for the K1 but this will get back to you during AOS when you have to submit your 2016 tax return. They pay a lot more attention to the Affdavit of Support during AOS than before for the K1 visa

They do not allow co-sponsor in the Philippines for K1, yes that's correct. So that option is already out of the picture.

To the OP, do you at least have a pay history or something? My fiance does not have paystubs too but he has his pay history that he was able to download from the company's website and it shows how much he is being paid per payday. He also gave me his Tax Transcript and his w2 as well as his bank statements. But really, I wouldn't dare to submit documents which could put you in trouble knowing they're fake and all that. 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

The OP is a tax evader and so is his boss, they both need to be reported and put in jail.  I feel sorry for this innocent girl coming here to live a life of crime because her boyfriend (and most of Texas apparently per OP) in paying taxes so it's ok to cheat the government.

People like this annoy me because I pay almost 6 figures in taxes every year so freeloaders like this can enjoy all the benefits of it.  He needs to be put in jail.

This poor girl doesn't know what she's getting into with this clown, she'll have her life disrupted because she'll come here get married, but will not pass AOS without 3+ years tax transcripts showing legitimate income, and she will need to go back to her country.  Hopefully, the embassy won't let it get that far and they'll deny the k1 petition and save her from him.

By the way, this guy knew all along that he wasn't having taxes withheld and went along with it.  He's not shocked to find out this fraud.  He's been part of it for as long as he worked there.  He's no innocent victim but a co-conspirator. 

Edited by Eric-Pris

ooh mauybe im wrong on that, maybe a gift is only allowed when you intent it as a gift fom the beginning, i dont know enough about it to say for shure, you can alwasy just call the IRS and ask them what is and is not allowed.

When you know the money was paid for work done and you file a tax return with the amount listed as a gift, that is fraud and the IRS will gladly put the people involved in prison for 3-5 years.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric-Pris said:

When you know the money was paid for work done and you file a tax return with the amount listed as a gift, that is fraud and the IRS will gladly put the people involved in prison for 3-5 years.

Well i trust you are right because i am not shure at all, it was more of a posible idea to verify.

BUt you are allowed to help your friend as a personal faver even if that is for his work right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~As this thread is devolving and the OP has been given all the advice he can be given. This thread is locked and not to be restarted.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.