Hollywud52

He doesnt want to come to US now but does not want to talk about divorce

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, caliliving said:

please, also, he knows he wont pass the ROC! so please divorce him now and move on with your life!!

let me guess, you are a 10+ year older woman then him, married before with kids... he doesnt want to be with you he is using you! please you are worthy of more.. move on

Yes, OP already stated she is 20 years older than him.

2 hours ago, Hollywud52 said:

I would prefer he agreed to give me a divorce and did it there but if he does not I wil divorce him here wihout his permission, it will just be slightly more difficult and at my expense. I have actually asked him for a divorce and he has not responded. 

Hasn't he already by his actions? 

He has not responded because he is stalling for time!

2 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

You are petitioning a spouse, once he enters he gets a stamp in his passport that acts as a temporary GC. He never has to step foot in your house. He just has to change his address either at entry or shortly after. Pay the GC fee and have the card mailed to whatever address he marks on the file. No he does not need to live with you to get the GC he gets it on entry. Now if he enters before 2 yrs of marriage he would need to remove conditions and for that he would need to show evidence. This is why we are telling you he is stalling, so he can enter after 2 yrs of marriage so he get the 10 yr card without ever needing to live with you. He would never ever have to see you after he gets off the plane, he does not live with you for even a second. 

OP, Please listen to this.  File for divorce ASAP.  Go back to that lawyer now to have papers all prepared by mid March.  Take care of yourself, stop worrying about his respnse or lack of.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, caliliving said:

please, also, he knows he wont pass the ROC! so please divorce him now and move on with your life!!

let me guess, you are a 10+ year older woman then him, married before with kids... he doesnt want to be with you he is using you! please you are worthy of more.. move on

Yes, OP already stated she is 20 years older than him.

3 hours ago, Hollywud52 said:

I would prefer he agreed to give me a divorce and did it there but if he does not I wil divorce him here wihout his permission, it will just be slightly more difficult and at my expense. I have actually asked him for a divorce and he has not responded. 

Hasn't he already by his actions? 

He has not responded because he is stalling for time!

2 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

You are petitioning a spouse, once he enters he gets a stamp in his passport that acts as a temporary GC. He never has to step foot in your house. He just has to change his address either at entry or shortly after. Pay the GC fee and have the card mailed to whatever address he marks on the file. No he does not need to live with you to get the GC he gets it on entry. Now if he enters before 2 yrs of marriage he would need to remove conditions and for that he would need to show evidence. This is why we are telling you he is stalling, so he can enter after 2 yrs of marriage so he get the 10 yr card without ever needing to live with you. He would never ever have to see you after he gets off the plane, he does not live with you for even a second. 

OP, Please listen to this.  File for divorce ASAP.  Go back to that lawyer now to have papers all prepared by mid March.  Take care of yourself, stop worrying about his response or lack of.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

PULL the affidavit of support or else you will be on the hook !

You did not mention that you pulled the I-864. Did you ? If not, why not ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Divorce bells were ringing when you said he went a week or so at a time without contacting you. It doesn't matter if you're 50 years older than him, you are a wonderful person deserving of someone who is loving and attentive to your emotional needs versus someone who dusts you off :(

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Side note. And I dont know if anyone else mentioned this, but there is a process in EVERY state to divorce a person who you don't know their location. You can easily 'not be able' to find what city or area he is in and do it that way. You don't need his consent.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
14 hours ago, sparkles_ said:

Side note. And I dont know if anyone else mentioned this, but there is a process in EVERY state to divorce a person who you don't know their location. You can easily 'not be able' to find what city or area he is in and do it that way. You don't need his consent.

Agree, you can always get a divorce when you want one. Start the filling trough the court right away. these rules about devorcing a person you or your lawyer cant find, require a grace period. And that only starts couting after formal filling just sending him the papers yourself does not count. My advice get a divorce Lawyer, you dont need an expencive one because he wont come over to defent himself. you will be able to find a lawyer that can handle the whole process including all the filing fees for under 1000 dollars and it will save you a lt of headages specially David tryed to do his devorce himself after beeing seperated from his ex for 6 years and not knowing where she went. And it cost a lot ofd time and work and in the end had to get the lawyer afterall getting him rightaway would have saved him 2 years.

Edited by David&Femke

OP, I looked at your post history; you married a professional immigrant. There's no telling how long his new job will last, so he's holding onto you to keep the opportunity to go to the US open. 

Pull the affidavit of support and file for a divorce, and do it NOW.

(p.s. It's not his mother working the second wife angle, it's him either letting you know what to expect or he's already got one.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.