June sepe

NBI written explanation

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Amiel Callejo said:

Maybe that call is if I will be the one to get the written explanation or the nbi will be the one to send to the usem,if u are saying that I already got the 221g form that I'm going to present to the NBI

Yes I am saying you have the 221g ... THAT is the letter you received after the interview that requested the Explanation Letter from NBI.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm just curious bec some other says wait for the endorsement letter before going to the nbi bec they will indicate in the endorsement letter who am I going to find in the nbi

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Amiel Callejo said:

I'm just curious bec some other says wait for the endorsement letter before going to the nbi bec they will indicate in the endorsement letter who am I going to find in the nbi

Not sure what this endorsement letter is that you keep referring to ..  to the best of my knowledge the 221g letter you are going to receive from the embassy.  Everyone else that I know of that required the explanation letter from NBI, took the 221g to NBI and got it done.

This is your decision .. wait if you like.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2019 at 3:39 AM, Amiel Callejo said:

How long did u wait for the endorsement letter from the usem?same case here I need to go to the NBI for the written explanation but I'm still waiting for the endorsement letter from the usem..we had our interview last Friday april 12 

Hi I just wondering if you waited for a endorsement letter from the embassy or you went to NBI and show the to them the form looks like a checklist from the embassy .? We have a same case here please help 

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 3:30 AM, Hank_ said:

Yup that is what I am saying.  Bring that 221g letter to NBI (make a copy for your records), then NBI will complete the explanation letter and, (most times), arrange for delivery to the embassy.    There will not be another letter from the embassy . you have it.

My finacee just went to NBI Manila July 17th, 2019 she took her 221g. NBI can not and will not issue an explanation letter without the endorsement letter from USEM, maybe it has changed since April 2019 Hank, but no the 221g will not work by itself. We are in that same boat now!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 4/15/2019 at 6:37 AM, Hank_ said:

Not sure what this endorsement letter is that you keep referring to ..  to the best of my knowledge the 221g letter you are going to receive from the embassy.  Everyone else that I know of that required the explanation letter from NBI, took the 221g to NBI and got it done.

This is your decision .. wait if you like.

I wish that was the case. The endorsement letter is a letter prepared by USEM authorizing or requesting that NBI issue a letter of explanation. My fiancee took her 221g to NBI and she talked to the Chief there one of the head guys and he said he needed the endorsement letter from USEM before he could do the letter of explanation.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

My finacee just went to NBI Manila July 17th, 2019 she took her 221g. NBI can not and will not issue an explanation letter without the endorsement letter from USEM, maybe it has changed since April 2019 Hank, but no the 221g will not work by itself. We are in that same boat now!

Not sure what NBI is looking for.   You would think the embassy would know this and include an endorsement letter if one is required.  Best I can suggest is contact the embassy and ask for an endorsement letter, see what the embassy sends out.    Send and email (only one email then be patient) and call.

Have you checked your email, including the spam folder

Contact info is just past middle of the page, 4th drop down.   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...

We just got the endorsement letter from USEM on July 25, 2019 exactly 10 days after the interview, it was in the form of an email sent to my fiancee instructing her to go to NBI Manila to get a NBI interview, it had a contact name on it. Once NBI interviews you they will prepare the letter of explanation and NBI will send it, or I heard it's picked up by courier from the embassy. You can not send the letter of explanation yourself. So it is absolutely true that you need an endorsement letter from the USEM BEFORE you can get the letter of explanation.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's what the endorsement letter is. It is separate from the 221g form. You cannot go to the NBI without it. 

10 hours ago, apple21 said:

That's what the endorsement letter is. It is separate from the 221g form. You cannot go to the NBI without it. 

Yes ours was a bit different wording and sent as an email, but the idea is the same. Our letter of explanation has since been picked up by the embassy they pick up every Friday afternoon by courier send by the embassy to NBI. One more difference our endorsement letter came from the immigrant visa unit if that matters any.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes ours was a bit different wording and sent as an email, but the idea is the same. Our letter of explanation has since been picked up by the embassy they pick up every Friday afternoon by courier send by the embassy to NBI. One more difference our endorsement letter came from the immigrant visa unit if that matters any.

The sample I posted is from a non-immigrant visa applicant. It shouldn't differ much from an immigrant visa application, although you're correct that the wordings may be slightly different. 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, we had also an interview last september 9, 2019 under F3 category.  But we are expedited because 1 child will be turning 21 years old this coming November 2019.

As the results, we had given a 221g form white =Upload U.K. Police clearance and principal applicant also need NBI written explanation and send the passport via 2go. Then our documents were returned to us except for the medical records by the CO. At the last window told us to wait for their call and email instructions if the Principal Applicant will have an appearance to the NBI and further instruction via email. We had already uploaded the U.K. Police Certificate at CEAC,  now waiting for the instructions and call. Does anyone here have any idea for how long does it takes for them to call us? Any comments would meant a lot to us.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GAZAZ said:

hi, we had also an interview last september 9, 2019 under F3 category.  But we are expedited because 1 child will be turning 21 years old this coming November 2019.

As the results, we had given a 221g form white =Upload U.K. Police clearance and principal applicant also need NBI written explanation and send the passport via 2go. Then our documents were returned to us except for the medical records by the CO. At the last window told us to wait for their call and email instructions if the Principal Applicant will have an appearance to the NBI and further instruction via email. We had already uploaded the U.K. Police Certificate at CEAC,  now waiting for the instructions and call. Does anyone here have any idea for how long does it takes for them to call us? Any comments would meant a lot to us.

AP (Administrative Processing)  takes as long as it takes  .. ya I know, not much of an answer, but reality is no one knows how long your case will take.   A 221g can add weeks once the embassy receives the requested documents.  If there are further issues it can take even longer.

All you can do for now is be patient ... and keep checking CEAC status daily.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.