marieke

serive centers

44 posts in this topic

maybe we should just go back to my ignorant question..

You're right marieke. But I don't think you asked an ignorant question. I wish we could have our choice of service centers where to send the I-129F. Unfortunately, you must send it to the appropriate service center within your jurisdiction. If you go to the USCIS website, you can easily find which service center you need to send your I-129F. Best of luck to you!

I wish, too! But anyway... yeah, in case you haven't already found the place where it tells you where to file, Marieke (and I'm sure you have, but anyway!), it's here. :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi Marieke!

Welcome to VJ! We have a NL regional forum and you can join us if you like! :dance:

Good luck on your journey,

edie

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Hi Marieke!

Welcome to VJ! We have a NL regional forum and you can join us if you like! :dance:

edie

i'll come have a look soon!

xx

I will be filing our fiance visa out of washington state... I will send it to nebraska and it will end up in california ??? is that correct.

Yes.... California and Vermont are the only service centers which are currently processing K visas. When you send to Nebraska, it will be transferred to California.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
I am an attorney - but I am *not* an immigration attorney and I am *not* your attorney. I am absolutely not offering legal advice here.

You forgot your Copyright clause in your signature and the fact nobody cares if you are an attorney. The VJ Terms of Service already addresses attorney disclosures. Lawyers and their egos. We're all happy for you, :dance: , but get over yourself.

Freaking hilarious! :lol:

I thought it was more 'obnoxious' than 'hilarious', but maybe that's just me. Lots of people have those 'I am not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice' caveats in their signature.... just so happens TD is a lawyer, but not that kind of lawyer, and in any case, not dispensing legal advice on here. What's so wrong with pointing that out?! :unsure:

I completely agree. I am in the real estate industry, people ask, wow how will this affect my taxes, is this legal to do. They basically want my 10 years worth of experience to give them some advice or worse yet to type a contract for them. I'm cool with helping, however without a consistant interjection...Im not a lawyer and this isnt legal advice...however........without saying that, you can actually be charged with practicing law with out a license.

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I completely agree. I am in the real estate industry, people ask, wow how will this affect my taxes, is this legal to do. They basically want my 10 years worth of experience to give them some advice or worse yet to type a contract for them. I'm cool with helping, however without a consistant interjection...Im not a lawyer and this isnt legal advice...however........without saying that, you can actually be charged with practicing law with out a license.

I would think the "Important Disclaimer" on the bottom of each page of this site has outlined this site as stated, "Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice." :yes:

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
If you fiance lives is Texas, your petition will end up at CSC.

thanks! just learning as i go along! loads to look at and remember! :wacko:

have been getting some great help on here! xx

dont worry, many of VJs members are sharp-shooters, so keep your head down. Just send it to the service center that is stated. They are still open but will not process it, so California will do the rest. I recently send it to Nebraska and I just got my NOA1 from CA, so do this fast because everyday counts. Good luck and heads-up!!!

12913.gif

ONOFRE

15262.gif

MARIA

----------------------------

3/26/07 I-129F Mailed to Nebraska Service Center

3/30/07 I-129F Fowared and recived in California SC.

4/03/07 First NOA mailed...(good start)

4/04/07 $170.00 check cashed :-(

4/05/07 Touched

6/21/07 DAMIT, TOUCH ME, SLAP ME, DO SOMETHING (DAY 82!)

6/27/07 Approved!!!!!!! (email of NOA2) Not even a touch?? Who cares now!

6/29/07 "Touched" hmmm...

7/15/07 Fiancee packet arrives (gathering documents for the trip)

10/16/07 Flight to El Paso, TX and on to Juarez for interview!!!!!!!!!!

10/18/07 VISA IN HAND!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!

01/13/08 Point of entry for my fiancee

02/02/08 Married at City Hall

02/09/09 AOS package send Express Mail

02/10/09 AOS package received and signed.

02/17/09 NOA reciepts

02/23/09 NOA about March 3, 2009 Biometrics

02/28/09 FRE!!!! :(

03/06/09 Biometrics completed

03/30/09 Responded to RFE next day air to Lee's Summit, MO.

04/25/09 AP and EAD card arrives

07/10/09 Interview letter arrives for 8/19/09

08/09/09 AP letter used to re-enter the U.S.

08/19/09 Interview completed. Results in two weeks. ( I think we got it)

08/24/09 Letter in the mail stating Interview Approved. Welcome to the United States!

Timeline
dont worry, many of VJs members are sharp-shooters, so keep your head down. Just send it to the service center that is stated. They are still open but will not process it, so California will do the rest. I recently send it to Nebraska and I just got my NOA1 from CA, so do this fast because everyday counts. Good luck and heads-up!!!

Congrats on the NOA1. Following the guides must have helped. As far as the "sharp-shooters" comment, we seriously encourage each person on here who is starting out to really familiarize themself by following the step-by-step guides and reading the Visa FAQ. No one will condemn you if you seriously apply yourself. It is something that is obviously seen if you haven't really tried. That's all! ;)

By the way, in that past post from you onerfe, I don't know if you went back to read what was written. But none of us ever said you were asking "unintelligent" questions or that you were "stupid". Those words came from you amigo! :yes:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline
Hi Marieke!

edie

Where do I find it?

It is here for you Dutch: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=176

Looking at my photo, would you believe I'm 1/2 Dutch? :lol: But I actually am! :yes:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm not a lawyer. Nor would I ever want to be one. Who would actually care if I were, right?

My point exactly! :thumbs: You reading that TimsDaisy? Nobody cares!

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Funny to watch everyone jumping on Timsdaisy.

If any of you were aware of VJ history, you might find that there are reasons that it might actually be good for the board to have someone who is an attorney state that they are not giving legal advice.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If any of you were aware of VJ history, you might find that there are reasons that it might actually be good for the board to have someone who is an attorney state that they are not giving legal advice.

Thanks TracyTN - that's true. elguevon - did I like kick a puppy of yours at some point and not realize it?

Anyway - back to focusing on actual questions:

now i find i dont have my birth certificate and i have sent off for that... allow 4 weeks for processing they say...

Pokernut - you can also photocopy each page of your passport and use that instead of your birth certificate if you can't get it in time.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm not a lawyer. Nor would I ever want to be one. Who would actually care if I were, right?

My point exactly! :thumbs: You reading that TimsDaisy? Nobody cares!

Duly noted. Thank you for your concern. It isn't there for your benefit, it's there for my protection.

Best of luck in your visa journey.

And if anyone wants to start with lawyer jokes - at least make them actual, funny jokes. Taunts are tiring. Humor, however, is always appreciated.

Here, I'll start:

Q: How can you tell if a lawyer is well hung?

A: You can't get a finger between the rope and his neck!

Q: If you are stranded on a desert island with Adolph Hitler, Atilla the Hun, and a lawyer, and you have a gun with only two bullets, what do you do?

A: Shoot the lawyer twice.

Q: What do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A: A good start!

Q: How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?

A: His lips are moving.

Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

A: There are skid marks in front of the dog.

Q: Why won't sharks attack lawyers?

A: Professional courtesy.

Q: What do you have when a lawyer is buried up to his neck in sand?

A: Not enough sand.

Q: Why did God make snakes just before lawyers?

A: To practice.

Okay? Want to get back to everyone getting visas now?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah...which is probably why the VJ Terms of Service were enhanced to specifically address attorneys and any so-called "legal" confusion. Point being, there are less egotistical ways of providing whatever legal disclosure one feels the need to mandate to themselves (and I guess others): i.e. "Required Legal Disclaimer: Under law I must disclose I am an attorney, but I am not offering legal advice." Much more soooooooothing don't you think?

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.