Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
3 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

I know how you feel. I'm just confused about the embassy process. When I called NVC and asked what's going to happen next they told me to contact the embassy but then I was also told to wait until I hear from them. Have you received a welcome letter form NVC?

No I have not received anything from the Embassy. I called the embassy and they told me to wait until we are contacted by them to schedule an interview. My fiance had called NVC earlier and she had been told to wait for communication from the embassy on what to do next, but ever since the case reached the embassy last week we have not heard from them

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, KF & OS said:

No I have not received anything from the Embassy. I called the embassy and they told me to wait until we are contacted by them to schedule an interview. My fiance had called NVC earlier and she had been told to wait for communication from the embassy on what to do next, but ever since the case reached the embassy last week we have not heard from them

Just wait, all will come , I receive embassy conformation month after they receive paper work , email will come to sponsor. Meanwhile if you in hurry do your police report and medical .  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So frustrated with the embassy at the moment...im trying to get a live human to ask a specific question,  and it's impossible! I've been trying for hours! I just need to know if it's possible to correct information on the ds-160 after it's been submitted....thats not in the faq's anywhere that I can find. The frustration is mounting today!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, M3chwarrior said:

So frustrated with the embassy at the moment...im trying to get a live human to ask a specific question,  and it's impossible! I've been trying for hours! I just need to know if it's possible to correct information on the ds-160 after it's been submitted....thats not in the faq's anywhere that I can find. The frustration is mounting today!

You will be able to correct it when you there , don't stress for now.You almost there . If you have something you want to know you may post it here , someone probably will know about it .

6 minutes ago, M3chwarrior said:

I found this using the Google search box at the top right of the page. 

The last reply said: " i made a mistake on my ds 160 also./so.. i sent an email to d embassy and they aadviced me to correct it on my interview,,"

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello, I'm newbie on VJ. My case was approved on march 23 on USCIS website, and has received the letter. I have no clue how to check if my case has sent to NVC. Should I call USCIS? How to get a new case number? 

Your help would be very appreciated. I'm desperately need a clue... 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bear and Fox said:

Hello, I'm newbie on VJ. My case was approved on march 23 on USCIS website, and has received the letter. I have no clue how to check if my case has sent to NVC. Should I call USCIS? How to get a new case number? 

NO , you need to call NVC and find out if they receive your case ,have some basic inf ready like beneficiary's birthday . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, M3chwarrior said:

I don't know if you can correct it or not ... but tbh as they require the passports to be valid min for 6 months after US entry, I would wait with the DS-160 until you have the new passports in hand. I won't risk that they maybe deny it because of the passports not being valid long enough.

But that's just me ... I would chose the short time frame it takes longer than to risk a longer time frame waiting

9 minutes ago, Bear and Fox said:

You need to call NVC:

(603) 334-0700 (IV line...the one you need for NVC for an I-129F)
Hit 1 (English) -> 7 (Other/Customer Service) -> wait

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

I found this using the Google search box at the top right of the page. 

The last reply said: " i made a mistake on my ds 160 also./so.. i sent an email to d embassy and they aadviced me to correct it on my interview,,"

Thank you for the link, I will check it out. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

My case is "In Transit" does this mean that an interview can be scheduled or should my fiancé wait til he receives something via email or postal mail.

Thanks

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stephanie B said:

My case is "In Transit" does this mean that an interview can be scheduled or should my fiancé wait til he receives something via email or postal mail.

Thanks

Give it a day or two...the site will change once they receive it and it will say "Ready" to schedule and interview. That's what ours did at any rate...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
8 minutes ago, M3chwarrior said:

Give it a day or two...the site will change once they receive it and it will say "Ready" to schedule and interview. That's what ours did at any rate...

Thank you. 

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.