Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, CMJuilland said:

Guys, thank you all for being such a wonderful community. After my desperate rant yesterday, I have great news this morning: USCIS approved us last night!! When I saw the email after waking up, I couldn't stop crying for joy. 

For all those still waiting: I know how horrible it is, and I know how much of an emotional toll it can take on a person. Hoping and praying for everybody to be approved not only in due time (that takes forever in USCIS's terms), but pretty soon. Also, may we all get our visas eventually. All my best wishes to all of you and thank you so much for being such a great support again!! 

So happy for you :)

Maybe I should go more into prophecies lol ... didn't I tell you you, that yesterday would be your day? Haha

Good luck for the rest of that all!

Timeline

Sorry for not getting up the results for Dec yesterday ... had a bad and late workday and knocked out on couch after. Working on scan for today and results from yesterday will be included there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Piggus said:

Interview results: Approved!!!

I can't even express how happy and relieved I am right now. Obviously we still have a lot to deal with with regard to AoS, etc, but this was such a weight off our shoulders. Her tourist visa was denied last year, which was an absolutely crushing feeling. So glad things worked out this time.

Wishing all of you good luck as well!

Congrats to you and your fiance @Piggus. The waiting game is over and I'm so happy finally both of you can be together after this :).

I am in Hong Kong now for a week of trip with my fiance. We was talking about you few hours ago as we remember about the interview schedule of your fiance. I'm wanting to know about the interview of your fiance at Jakarta embassy. My tourist Visa was denied as well, and I was a little bit worried if it will affect my K1 Visa.

If you don't mind, May I ask some questions.

Mmm how long did the interview take?.

What was the questions the CO ask about?.

Did she get interview through the window or was it in a private/separate room because last time when I had interview for tourist Visa it was through the window. I wonder if Fiancee Visa interview in Indonesia on separate room or through the window as well?.  

I look forward to hear more from you.

Thanks in advance.

NJ

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Noeyjohns said:

Congrats to you and your fiance @Piggus. The waiting game is over and I'm so happy finally both of you can be together after this :).

I am in Hong Kong now for a week of trip with my fiance. We was talking about you few hours ago as we remember about the interview schedule of your fiance. I'm wanting to know about the interview of your fiance at Jakarta embassy. My tourist Visa was denied as well, and I was a little bit worried if it will affect my K1 Visa.

If you don't mind, May I ask some questions.

Mmm how long did the interview take?.

What was the questions the CO ask about?.

Did she get interview through the window or was it in a private/separate room because last time when I had interview for tourist Visa it was through the window. I wonder if Fiancee Visa interview in Indonesia on separate room or through the window as well?.  

I look forward to hear more from you.

Thanks in advance.

NJ

Thanks! And hope you're enjoying HK! We went there last year for a few days. 

The impression I got was that the interviewer had already mostly made up their mind based on the evidence we submitted in the petition. They never asked for the supporting evidence (photos, chat logs, etc).

The interview only lasted about 5 minutes. I believe the only questions were "tell me about your fiance," and she asked about the denied tourist visa. She also asked, "So the last time you saw your fiance was in Japan?" and my fiancee replied, "No, that was in 2015. We last saw each other in Jakarta." I don't know if the interviewer did that on purpose to ensure Gaby had her story straight, or if she just forgot when our Japan trip was. Regardless, it seems the main thing the interview wanted was for Gaby's answers to match what we had already stated in the petition.

The interview took place in a private room (or booth?), but there was also a glass window. 

By the way, Gaby said the interviewer (an American woman) was extremely friendly, unlike her experience with the tourist visa. She said the people who take/check your documents are a bit rude, but that the interviewer was very nice and commented about us being a really cute couple. So my advice is be prepared (we were waaay overprepared, but that's not a bad thing!) since every case is different and they may ask more questions, but don't be nervous. It ended up being much easier than anticipated. :) 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Piggus said:

Thanks! And hope you're enjoying HK! We went there last year for a few days. 

The impression I got was that the interviewer had already mostly made up their mind based on the evidence we submitted in the petition. They never asked for the supporting evidence (photos, chat logs, etc).

The interview only lasted about 5 minutes. I believe the only questions were "tell me about your fiance," and she asked about the denied tourist visa. She also asked, "So the last time you saw your fiance was in Japan?" and my fiancee replied, "No, that was in 2015. We last saw each other in Jakarta." I don't know if the interviewer did that on purpose to ensure Gaby had her story straight, or if she just forgot when our Japan trip was. Regardless, it seems the main thing the interview wanted was for Gaby's answers to match what we had already stated in the petition.

The interview took place in a private room (or booth?), but there was also a glass window. 

By the way, Gaby said the interviewer (an American woman) was extremely friendly, unlike her experience with the tourist visa. She said the people who take/check your documents are a bit rude, but that the interviewer was very nice and commented about us being a really cute couple. So my advice is be prepared (we were waaay overprepared, but that's not a bad thing!) since every case is different and they may ask more questions, but don't be nervous. It ended up being much easier than anticipated. :) 

Thank you so much for your quick reply @Piggus. I really appreciate it :). 

I wonder what was the right answer when the interviewer asking about the denied of tourist Visa?. Because the last time when I had interview about tourist Visa, the interviewer didn't explain why she denied it. She just gave  pink paper and said sorry. When I asked why?. She just said sorry and didn't explain anything.  It happened to others applicants before me as well. We didn't get any information why it was denied. 

Once again, thank you so much for all of your information.

Best of luck for you and Gaby :)

NJ 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Noeyjohns said:

Thank you so much for your quick reply @Piggus. I really appreciate it :). 

I wonder what was the right answer when the interviewer asking about the denied of tourist Visa?. Because the last time when I had interview about tourist Visa, the interviewer didn't explain why she denied it. She just gave  pink paper and said sorry. When I asked why?. She just said sorry and didn't explain anything.  It happened to others applicants before me as well. We didn't get any information why it was denied. 

Once again, thank you so much for all of your information.

Best of luck for you and Gaby :)

NJ 

Yeeeeah that's about how the tourist visa went for us as well. On the pink slip they give you near the top, it should have some sort of legal code that you can look up and get a very rough idea for why it was denied. In most cases, they deny the visa if you're unable to establish strong ties to your home country (good job, own a house, high income, kids, etc.) Don't worry about that having an impact on your K1 visa. They're handled totally differently and have completely different requirements. The only way you'd run into trouble is if the info you submitted for the K1 visa totally contradicts the info your submitted for the tourist visa.

When we applied for the tourist visa, Gaby was signed up for an English language program at a local university here. We figured that would make them more likely to approve the visa (she had letters from the school and everything), but nope.. They weren't convinced. So today when it was brought up, the interviewer asked if applying for the tourist visa was a way for her to visit me, and Gaby said of course. The interviewer didn't have a problem with this even though I or our relationship was never brought up during the tourist visa process (that's a big red flag for them if your mention a significant other since they'll assume you'll leave and won't come back).

Edited by Piggus

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Piggus said:

Yeeeeah that's about how the tourist visa went for us as well. On the pink slip they give you near the top, it should have some sort of legal code that you can look up and get a very rough idea for why it was denied. In most cases, they deny the visa if you're unable to establish strong ties to your home country (good job, own a house, high income, kids, etc.) Don't worry about that having an impact on your K1 visa. They're handled totally differently and have completely different requirements. The only way you'd run into trouble is if the info you submitted for the K1 visa totally contradicts the info your submitted for the tourist visa.

When we applied for the tourist visa, Gaby was signed up for an English language program at a local university here. We figured that would make them more likely to approve the visa (she had letters from the school and everything), but nope.. They weren't convinced. So today when it was brought up, the interviewer asked if applying for the tourist visa was a way for her to visit me, and Gaby said of course. The interviewer didn't have a problem with this even though I or our relationship was never brought up during the tourist visa process (that's a big red flag for them if your mention a significant other since they'll assume you'll leave and won't come back).

Ooh I see!. 

I understand completely now after reading the experience of your fiance Gaby at Jakarta embassy. I am so happy you share this interview experience because it helps to ease my mind. 

May God bless you and your relationship with Gaby!. 

All for those who's still waiting for Noa2 and all this K1 process, I pray for all of us to be strong on this waiting game and hopefully our process will goes very well till we get together with our loved ones :).

NJ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Hey everyone I need your help, advice or insight. I called the NVC to check on the status of the K1 already have the NVC case number and I was told it's in administrative processing. 

I am totally freaking out here. Why in the heck would it be in AP at the NVC?  

Can anyone shed any light as to why this is happening and what if anything I can do?

They said the exact same thing to me. It is a way of saying nothing. lol.......relax..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, AkesAngel said:

Cases total updated today: 218
Approved: 131
RFEs: 31
Other: 56

Cases updated today: 73
Approved: 41
RFEs: 2
Other: 30

*Cases for November only, data from Geos scan*

Cases for December updated 3/28/2017: 145
Approved: 90
RFEs: 29
Other: 26

*Only cases starting with a receiving date of Dec 1 onward*

Details for December only (3/28/2017): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QbA9c-L-c1LWUzanhuUXpJaG8

(Cases for December updated 3/27/2017: 107
Approved: 62
RFEs: 18
Other: 27

*Only cases starting with a receiving date of Dec 1 onward*

Details for December only (3/27/2017): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QbA9c-L-c1UkZXSzI2TFJDdHM )

Hide contents
Rec'd Date 3/28/2017 3/27/2017 Touched Cases
12/1/2016 9 9 0
12/2/2016 2 2 0
12/5/2016 17 17 0
12/6/2016 32 37 5
12/7/2016 3 3 0
12/8/2016 25 25 0
12/9/2016 39 41 2
12/12/2016 42 43 1
12/13/2016 8 8 0
12/14/2016 45 46 1
12/15/2016 81 88 7
12/16/2016 85 96 11
12/19/2016 230 267 37
12/20/2016 176 204 28
12/21/2016 253 263 10
12/22/2016 257 260 3
12/23/2016 305 305 0
12/27/2016 489 490 1
12/28/2016 242 242 0
12/29/2016 98 98 0
12/30/2016 99 99 0

Again, thank you so much for this. I just wonder why they skip applications. Any idea why? Some days show zero cases touched. Makes me think they skip papers that aren't that easy to run through. I don't know, but it's just weird that they do that.

Edited by HazeyHaze
I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
37 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

Again, thank you so much for this. I just wonder why they skip applications. Any idea why? Some days show zero cases touched. Makes me think they skip papers that aren't that easy to run through. I don't know, but it's just weird that they do that.

Just because they don't work in the order of cases received. They grab cases by stacks so this is why you will see a range of 10-12 days sometimes in cases touched.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

We all would like to know how USCIS works exactly ... so.sorry but I'm not able to tell why

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
18 hours ago, blueskyna said:

You have to call them to receive the new number.

That is what I was doing in last couple weeks and they still hasn't receive my case yet. Still calling them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.