Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

On DS-156 form, it was asked again the address you will stay in the US. I haven't filled up this form yet, maybe 1 week before my interview (I dont even have my NOA-2 yet, I'm just being prognostic and skeptical. Heehee). My question are, (1st) would it cause troubles if I will put the soon-to-be-apartments' address in DS-forms? (2nd) Or is it much better to put my future-in-laws add again? If so, (3rd) wouldn't they (consuls) ask such interrogations (i.e. Why your fiance puts present address in Colorado and you intends to live in Miami?, etc.) (Naloloka na ako! =D (trans: I'm going bananas!)... and;

Julie, it is too soon to be worrying about answers to DS -156. Maybe in 3-4 months from now, your fiance will find the right place and you will have more confidence in answering the question about the address. Truth be told, however, it really does not matter what address you write in the forms. Situations change all the time and the embassy understands this.

DS-157:

17.Do I have to be specific with the month and year or year alone will be fine (Dates of Attendance : Educational Background)..?

18[. Have you made specific travel arrangements?.. What does this question mean? LOL. Yes, I understand this but Im confuse if I should put

my travel arrangements when I went to Hongkong to meet my babe. Or do they meant the travel arrangement for the flight going to USA under the fiance visa?

17. The years will suffice. Example:

Manila Science High School – 1975 to 1979

University of the Philippines – 1979 to 1983

18.The question pertains to travel to the US under K visa.

DS-156

2. I got my passport in Pasay, Manila Philippines. Should I leave the State/Provice blank, Manila or N/A?

22. When do you intend to arrive in the US? I put unknown. If the consul ask why, I would tell him/her that I aint sure yet until they approve my visa. Whatya think?

38. Last question on that number. I got tuberculosis, and I believe that I should answer YES. On July it would be my 6th month of medication, so I am sure I will be doing good with my medical maybe on August or September, you think the consul will interrogate me with this? Should I bring my xray result on my interview?

2. I put "Metro Manila"

22. You should have a date no matter how tentative. Again, you should be able to answer this with confidence 3-4 months from now.

38. Your old x-rays should be brought to St. Lukes. If you pass their medical exam, consul will not discuss medical issues with you anymore.

Affidavit of Support:

7. There were alot of assests they were asking such as personal assest, bank accounts, insurance, etc. What if one or more of those items are not applicable to my fiance? Should he have just leave it blank, put none or N/A?

10. Question is That I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none. -- He will put my name here right?

11. Question is That I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3. (If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnishroom and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in U.S. dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lumpsum, weekly or monthly, or for how long. -- what's this? Both fiancee and I donoe what to put here. Hee.

7.Leave it blank if there are no assets. And even if petitioner has lots of assets, it is not a requirement to list them all down in the I-134. Americans are afraid of the IRS!!! :devil: Embassy needs only to determine if you will not become public charge. ITR, W2, pay stubs, and employment letter will suffice.

10. You are already reported in question no. 3 “That this affidavit is executed on behalf of the following persons” so put None.

11. Put N/A.

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide…

Starting Line

(K1 Introduction) - If you are just starting your K1 visa journey, please check out this information provided by the Department of State (DOS) on the K1 visa experience [CLICK HERE]. I found this information very insightful when I first started. Please note that the "How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card" section is INCORRECT because K1 visa beneficiaries may ONLY apply for a SSN card upon arriving into the United States. Please also review VJ's K1 guide [CLICK HERE]

(K1 Visa Immigration Stages) - A simplified and theoretical overview of the five (5) stages involved in the K1 Visa process, according to Sheriff Uling [CLICK HERE].

Post NOA1 (Receipt Notice) Information

(Case Status) - Once you have filed the petition (I-129F) and received a "receipt number" (listed on the NOA1), please register on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website using the Case Status Online Tool [CLICK HERE] to receive emailed updates concerning your petition. NOTE: If you want emailed updates to multiple addresses then you must create multiple customer portfolio accounts. When your petition is approval (NOA2), the USCIS forwards your package to the National Visa Center normally within 14 days. The Case Status Online Tool is of no further use to you until after the beneficiary arrives in the United States, get's married, applies for the Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and/or Advance Parole (AP) because this tool does not track the activity being performed at the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Manila Embassy.

Post NOA2 (Approval Notice) Information

(1). The National Visa Center (NVC) number is within my signature. NVC assigns a case number after a preliminary backgroud/name check has cleared, then forwards your case files electronic and via snail mail to the Manila Embassy. This normally takes approximately 14 - 30 days to complete. Have the USC (petitioner) call (the number is within my signature) or email your inquiry to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov (be sure to include the beneficiary's name, date of birth, place of birth, and receipt number). A NVC Processing Letter [SAMPLE HERE] may or may not be sent to the USC (petitioner), which indicates the case number and approximate time when the case files will be sent to the Manila Embassy. This complimentary NVC Processing Letter (a.k.a. Bureau of Consular Affairs (BCA) letter) is not required for any stage in the immigration process.

(2). The Manila Embassy (USE) number is within my signature. Please review this instructional visa interview information [CLICK HERE] (Thx Sillygirl). The average visa interview appointment/medical exam are scheduled by the USE approximately 90 – 120 days after the receipt of your case files sent by the NVC. Even though the USE has received you case files electronically, the process will not begin until the paper copy is received via snail mail.

The beneficiary may or may not received a Letter of Receipt [SAMPLE HERE] (Thx PW and GaryC) accompanied by a Document Preparation Letter [SAMPLE HERE] (Thx PW and GaryC) from the USE once their physical case files are delivered to the USE via snail mail from the NVC. Don't be mistakened, this is NOT Packet 3 because the USE ONLY issues Packet 4. At times, the USE fails to send the beneficiary the Letter of Receipt and Document Preparation Letter, which is of no real consequence. The beneficiary can expect to potentially receive the Letter of Receipt and Document Preparation Letter in approximately 30 - 60 days after the files are deliverved via snail mail by the NVC to the USE.

However, the beneficiary SHOULD and NEEDS to receive an Appointment Letter [SAMPLE HERE] accompanied by the infamous Packet 4 [MODIFIED SAMPLE HERE], which should arrive approximately 60 - 90 days after the receipt of the hard-copy case file sent by the NVC to the USE. The Packet 4 currently sent from the USE to the beneficiaries INCORRECTLY states that the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) is validated by the banks upon paying the visa application fee. The pdf file for the Packet 4 link (above) is modified to CORRECTLY read that the DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Application is the form validated by the bank upon paying the visa application fee.

As of 01 November 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants MUST use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF) to complete the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) at http://evisaforms.state.gov. You may complete the DS-156K (Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application), and the DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application) and the I-134 (Affidavit of Support) via computer (recommended), type-writer (just as good), or handwritten (last resort). To review the K1 Visa Forms (DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, & I-134) most Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE]. To review the Manila Embassy Thread's recommendations on what to bring (which directly corresponds to the document preparation letter and Packet 4 sent by the USE) and sample questions asked by the Consular Officer during the visa interview [CLICK HERE]. If you need to call the USE, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit (even though the K1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa, they are handled like immigrant visa because of the intent to migrate to the United States). Effective 01 March 2007, cellphones and other electronic devices will NOT be permitted into the US Embassy and applicants who bring such devices will be DENIED entry.

Be advised once the beneficiary reaches the pre-screeners, the majority of them are very direct, rude, and mean, so don't be alarmed or discouraged by them.

(3).The Department of State (DOS) number is within my signature. After your case is approved (NOA2) and reaches the Manila Embassy, you may call DOS instead on the Manila Embassy to obtain status of your case and make inquiries concerning your interview date. NOTE: DOS has no direct participation in the K1 process.

(4). The Visa Interview Appointments website is within my signature (the beneficiary's interview appointment and medical exam will be scheduled by the USE). NOTE: Please do NOT press enter after the case number is entered because that will not yield a result. Please click on the "Check Appointment" tab. If the appointments have been scheduled, the following will be available: Case Number, Visa Classification, St. Luke's appointment Date, and Embassy Appointment Date, but if the appointments are NOT scheduled yet, the result will be "Case Number Not Found on Appointment List."

(5). St. Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) information is within my signature. SLEC is where the beneficiary goes to take the medical exam and vaccination. The process takes two days: Day 1 is the medical exam (the beneficiary's passport will be taken and sent to the USE along with the medical exam results) and; Day 2 is the vaccination (the beneficiary will be given the x-ray film and the vaccination worksheet/record). NOTE: If the Manila Embassy does not mail the beneficiary the K1 Visa Packet 4 and the Appointment Letter, then call SLEC in order to pick them up at SLEC and take a copy of the NOA2, a copy of the NVC letter (which should have the beneficiary's Manila case number on it), and a print-out of the scheduled appointment dates from the Visa Interview Appointments website. Be advised, the beneficiary's medical exam will be scheduled one week before the visa interview by the USE. Per the Manila Embassy Thread, we recommend that the beneficiary takes the medical exam anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before the interview to ensure the results are available for the Consular Officer and to prepare in the unfortunate event of unfavorable medical results. If the medical exam is taken anytime over a month before the visa interview, there is a risk that the results could be invalid, which means the beneficiary will have to take another medical exam before the visa can be approved. The beneficiary may reschedule the medical exam appointment with SLEC after the medical exam and visa interview dates are assigned by calling SLEC. Please don't forget to bring your passport, appointment letter (if received), passport photos (the size of the photos should be 2 inches by 2 inches [see Packet 4, page 8]), and the medical exam fee to your appointment. The beneficiary also needs to have the sponsors contact information (address, phone number, and ssn #) for the SLEC forms. To review the Manila Embassy Thread's recommendations on what to bring and sample questions asked [CLICK HERE].

(6). The DELBROS website is within my signature. DELBROS is the company responsible for delivering the beneficiary's Visa and POE information. The DELBROS delivery fee is paid subsequent to the beneficiary's visa interview at the Manila Embassy. The only way to correspond with Delbros is via text, which can be extremely frustrating if you visa delivery is delayed. Per the Manila Embassy website, the current delivery fee/time is as follows:

* Metro Manila Areas, 135 Philippine Pesos, Delivered one (1) to three (3) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Provincial Key Cities (ex. Cebu City, Davao City, etc.) 165 Philippine Pesos; Delivered three (3) to five (5) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Outside Provincial Key Cities, (ex. Capiz, Leyte, Bukidnon, etc.), Cost depends on area/location, Delivered five (5) to seven (7) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

NOTE: Per the DELBROS staff, the Manila Embassy can take as much as three (3) business days to release the visa and POE package, which is NOT included in the deliver times above. You may also call the Manila Embassy, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for Delbros, after the visa is approve, to acquire about the status of your visa delivery. The only other way to contact DELBROS is via text message (that's right... text message).

(7). Beneficiaries are required to attend a CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar that are held in Manila and Cebu, whichever is more convenient, before traveling abroad (the corresponding links within my signature). Attending the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar is a Philippine government requirement which states, "Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs... " For more info [CLICK HERE]. NOTE: The CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar is not stated as a requirement within the Packet 4 instructions. However, after the visa is approved, instructions on attending the CFO Guidance and Counseling seminar are included in the visa and Port of Entry (POE) package received by the beneficiary. If the beneficiary takes the seminar before receiving the visa, then the beneficiary will have to return to the CFO in order to receive the CFO sticker anytime after the visa is received. Travel abroad is prohibited without the CFO sticker within the beneficiary's passport (the visa is within the passport). Please check out this instructional information on the PRISM Guidance and Counceling Seminar experience [CLICK HERE] (Thx Sillygirl).

(8). The I-94 Arrival / Departure Record form is within my signature. Foreigners (beneficiaries) complete the I-94 and the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stamps the applicant's visa as well as the arrival / departure portions of the I-94 at the Port of Entry (POE) when entering the United States. The CBP Officer will keep the arrival portion and staple the departure portion of the I-94 to your visa where they stamped the beneficiaries arrival date. You will need this for the Adjustment of Status process. NOTE: Even though it's simple, I have supplied this so you will know what it looks like and what is required to be filled out. Have a great flight!

FINAL NOTE: Please let me know if there are any suggestions/errors/updates.

I have correlated the numbers above to my signature below.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's VJ profile [Deputy Uling] for information on the Adjustment of Status (AOS) stage that occurs after the beneficiary arrives in the United States.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Well, i was not plan on flying to US because CR1 interview is only 2 weeks after K3 interview. I really just think that the embassy will know I have 2 interviews if I dont mention it to them? I would think they would go ahead with both then. But it make me nervous because the interview is this wednesday. I still not sure what to do.

They are aware of your K3 and CR interviews, that's for sure... :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

i understand that once the K3 process is pursued, the CR-1/IR-1 petition is "given up" (so to speak, for lack of a better term)

so how does a K3 beneficiary get a CR-1/IR-1 interview?

are the K3 forms and documentation used for the CR-1/IR-1 interview?

or does the petitioner continue to supply and correspond with necessary CR-1/IR-1 documentation while the K3 is being processed?

this has got me confused

enlighten me please, anyone

btw, happy mother's day to all the great moms out there :)

Edited by neenuh

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

i understand that once the K3 process is pursued, the CR-1/IR-1 petition is "given up" (so to speak, for lack of a better term)

so how does a K3 beneficiary get a CR-1/IR-1 interview?

are the K3 forms and documentation used for the CR-1/IR-1 interview?

or does the petitioner continue to supply and correspond with necessary CR-1/IR-1 documentation while the K3 is being processed?

this has got me confused

enlighten me please, anyone

btw, happy mother's day to all the great moms out there :)

when you attend the K-3 interview, you are not giving up the CR-1. As PW earlier pointed out, the processing of a CR-1 Visa was running 3-5 months behind that of a K Visa. That is why many married couples pursue the K-3 Visa. It allows the couple to be together sooner in the USA. Recently it seems the CR-1 processing has been catching up to the K-3 Visa. that is why you now see many with K-3 interviews having their CR-1 interview only a couple of weeks after their K- interview.

Happy Mother's Day PW and the rest of the moms here and of coarse to my mom and Yazi. (L)

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

hi to vj. i have interview k3 this week and cr1 2 week later. i want to enter on cr1 but do not want turn down k3 interview. it is ok to get both visas? i am unclear if I tell the interviewer about the two interviews, what is advice on this?

I think you will be advised to pursue CR since the interview appointments are really close to one another...

Even if i not mention the cr1? i like to request the cr1 on wednesday but i also like that it is kind of security blanket to go for both you know?

You cannot be issued two visas. Appear for K3 interview and request if you can interview for CR-1 instead as it is the superior visa. Embassy can either grant your request or tell you to appear again for CR-1 interview.

CR-1 would be the superior visa since you will not have to AOS after entry into the USA. you will receive conditional green card after you enter the USA. you will just need to remove conditions within 90 days before the 2nd anniverasy of your entry into the USA. if you have been married for two years before your entry into the USA, you will be an LPR.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers here in VJ esp in this thread! (F)

Eric and Mari

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide…

Starting Line

(K1 Introduction) - If you are just starting your K1 visa journey, please check out this information provided by the Department of State (DOS) on the K1 visa experience [CLICK HERE]. I found this information very insightful when I first started. Please note that the "How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card" section is INCORRECT because K1 visa beneficiaries may ONLY apply for a SSN card upon arriving into the United States. Please also review VJ's K1 guide [CLICK HERE]

(K1 Visa Immigration Stages) - A simplified and theoretical overview of the five (5) stages involved in the K1 Visa process, according to Sheriff Uling [CLICK HERE].

Post NOA1 (Receipt Notice) Information

(Case Status) - Once you have filed the petition (I-129F) and received a "receipt number" (listed on the NOA1), please register on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website using the Case Status Online Tool [CLICK HERE] to receive emailed updates concerning your petition. NOTE: If you want emailed updates to multiple addresses then you must create multiple customer portfolio accounts. When your petition is approval (NOA2), the USCIS forwards your package to the National Visa Center normally within 14 days. The Case Status Online Tool is of no further use to you until after the beneficiary arrives in the United States, get's married, applies for the Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and/or Advance Parole (AP) because this tool does not track the activity being performed at the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Manila Embassy.

Post NOA2 (Approval Notice) Information

(1). The National Visa Center (NVC) number is within my signature. NVC assigns a case number after a preliminary backgroud/name check has cleared, then forwards your case files electronic and via snail mail to the Manila Embassy. This normally takes approximately 14 - 30 days to complete. Have the USC (petitioner) call (the number is within my signature) or email your inquiry to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov (be sure to include the beneficiary's name, date of birth, place of birth, and receipt number). A NVC Processing Letter [SAMPLE HERE] may or may not be sent to the USC (petitioner), which indicates the case number and approximate time when the case files will be sent to the Manila Embassy. This complimentary NVC Processing Letter (a.k.a. Bureau of Consular Affairs (BCA) letter) is not required for any stage in the immigration process.

(2). The Manila Embassy (USE) number is within my signature. Please review this instructional visa interview information [CLICK HERE] (Thx Sillygirl). The average visa interview appointment/medical exam are scheduled by the USE approximately 90 – 120 days after the receipt of your case files sent by the NVC. Even though the USE has received you case files electronically, the process will not begin until the paper copy is received via snail mail.

The beneficiary may or may not received a Letter of Receipt [SAMPLE HERE] (Thx PW and GaryC) accompanied by a Document Preparation Letter [SAMPLE HERE] (Thx PW and GaryC) from the USE once their physical case files are delivered to the USE via snail mail from the NVC. Don't be mistakened, this is NOT Packet 3 because the USE ONLY issues Packet 4. At times, the USE fails to send the beneficiary the Letter of Receipt and Document Preparation Letter, which is of no real consequence. The beneficiary can expect to potentially receive the Letter of Receipt and Document Preparation Letter in approximately 30 - 60 days after the files are deliverved via snail mail by the NVC to the USE.

However, the beneficiary SHOULD and NEEDS to receive an Appointment Letter [SAMPLE HERE] accompanied by the infamous Packet 4 [MODIFIED SAMPLE HERE], which should arrive approximately 60 - 90 days after the receipt of the hard-copy case file sent by the NVC to the USE. The Packet 4 currently sent from the USE to the beneficiaries INCORRECTLY states that the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) is validated by the banks upon paying the visa application fee. The pdf file for the Packet 4 link (above) is modified to CORRECTLY read that the DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Application is the form validated by the bank upon paying the visa application fee.

As of 01 November 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants MUST use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF) to complete the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) at http://evisaforms.state.gov. You may complete the DS-156K (Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application), and the DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application) and the I-134 (Affidavit of Support) via computer (recommended), type-writer (just as good), or handwritten (last resort). To review the K1 Visa Forms (DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, & I-134) most Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE]. To review the Manila Embassy Thread's recommendations on what to bring (which directly corresponds to the document preparation letter and Packet 4 sent by the USE) and sample questions asked by the Consular Officer during the visa interview [CLICK HERE]. If you need to call the USE, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit (even though the K1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa, they are handled like immigrant visa because of the intent to migrate to the United States). Effective 01 March 2007, cellphones and other electronic devices will NOT be permitted into the US Embassy and applicants who bring such devices will be DENIED entry.

Be advised once the beneficiary reaches the pre-screeners, the majority of them are very direct, rude, and mean, so don't be alarmed or discouraged by them.

(3).The Department of State (DOS) number is within my signature. After your case is approved (NOA2) and reaches the Manila Embassy, you may call DOS instead on the Manila Embassy to obtain status of your case and make inquiries concerning your interview date. NOTE: DOS has no direct participation in the K1 process.

(4). The Visa Interview Appointments website is within my signature (the beneficiary's interview appointment and medical exam will be scheduled by the USE). NOTE: Please do NOT press enter after the case number is entered because that will not yield a result. Please click on the "Check Appointment" tab. If the appointments have been scheduled, the following will be available: Case Number, Visa Classification, St. Luke's appointment Date, and Embassy Appointment Date, but if the appointments are NOT scheduled yet, the result will be "Case Number Not Found on Appointment List."

(5). St. Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) information is within my signature. SLEC is where the beneficiary goes to take the medical exam and vaccination. The process takes two days: Day 1 is the medical exam (the beneficiary's passport will be taken and sent to the USE along with the medical exam results) and; Day 2 is the vaccination (the beneficiary will be given the x-ray film and the vaccination worksheet/record). NOTE: If the Manila Embassy does not mail the beneficiary the K1 Visa Packet 4 and the Appointment Letter, then call SLEC in order to pick them up at SLEC and take a copy of the NOA2, a copy of the NVC letter (which should have the beneficiary's Manila case number on it), and a print-out of the scheduled appointment dates from the Visa Interview Appointments website. Be advised, the beneficiary's medical exam will be scheduled one week before the visa interview by the USE. Per the Manila Embassy Thread, we recommend that the beneficiary takes the medical exam anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before the interview to ensure the results are available for the Consular Officer and to prepare in the unfortunate event of unfavorable medical results. If the medical exam is taken anytime over a month before the visa interview, there is a risk that the results could be invalid, which means the beneficiary will have to take another medical exam before the visa can be approved. The beneficiary may reschedule the medical exam appointment with SLEC after the medical exam and visa interview dates are assigned by calling SLEC. Please don't forget to bring your passport, appointment letter (if received), passport photos (the size of the photos should be 2 inches by 2 inches [see Packet 4, page 8]), and the medical exam fee to your appointment. The beneficiary also needs to have the sponsors contact information (address, phone number, and ssn #) for the SLEC forms. To review the Manila Embassy Thread's recommendations on what to bring and sample questions asked [CLICK HERE].

(6). The DELBROS website is within my signature. DELBROS is the company responsible for delivering the beneficiary's Visa and POE information. The DELBROS delivery fee is paid subsequent to the beneficiary's visa interview at the Manila Embassy. The only way to correspond with Delbros is via text, which can be extremely frustrating if you visa delivery is delayed. Per the Manila Embassy website, the current delivery fee/time is as follows:

* Metro Manila Areas, 135 Philippine Pesos, Delivered one (1) to three (3) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Provincial Key Cities (ex. Cebu City, Davao City, etc.) 165 Philippine Pesos; Delivered three (3) to five (5) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Outside Provincial Key Cities, (ex. Capiz, Leyte, Bukidnon, etc.), Cost depends on area/location, Delivered five (5) to seven (7) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

NOTE: Per the DELBROS staff, the Manila Embassy can take as much as three (3) business days to release the visa and POE package, which is NOT included in the deliver times above. You may also call the Manila Embassy, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for Delbros, after the visa is approve, to acquire about the status of your visa delivery. The only other way to contact DELBROS is via text message (that's right... text message).

(7). Beneficiaries are required to attend a CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar that are held in Manila and Cebu, whichever is more convenient, before traveling abroad (the corresponding links within my signature). Attending the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar is a Philippine government requirement which states, "Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs... " For more info [CLICK HERE]. NOTE: The CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar is not stated as a requirement within the Packet 4 instructions. However, after the visa is approved, instructions on attending the CFO Guidance and Counseling seminar are included in the visa and Port of Entry (POE) package received by the beneficiary. If the beneficiary takes the seminar before receiving the visa, then the beneficiary will have to return to the CFO in order to receive the CFO sticker anytime after the visa is received. Travel abroad is prohibited without the CFO sticker within the beneficiary's passport (the visa is within the passport). Please check out this instructional information on the PRISM Guidance and Counceling Seminar experience [CLICK HERE] (Thx Sillygirl).

(8). The I-94 Arrival / Departure Record form is within my signature. Foreigners (beneficiaries) complete the I-94 and the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stamps the applicant's visa as well as the arrival / departure portions of the I-94 at the Port of Entry (POE) when entering the United States. The CBP Officer will keep the arrival portion and staple the departure portion of the I-94 to your visa where they stamped the beneficiaries arrival date. You will need this for the Adjustment of Status process. NOTE: Even though it's simple, I have supplied this so you will know what it looks like and what is required to be filled out. Have a great flight!

FINAL NOTE: Please let me know if there are any suggestions/errors/updates.

I have correlated the numbers above to my signature below.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's VJ profile [Deputy Uling] for information on the Adjustment of Status (AOS) stage that occurs after the beneficiary arrives in the United States.

anyone registered their interview date with VisaPoint ™ ?

Thanks for posting your guide. I know its very helpful. One thing I wanted to pass on with regards to the CFO Seminars that was confusing to Mirasol and I (and maybe others as well) was the locations. There are three locations involved with the CFO process in Metro Manila, but not all of them give the class. We went to the address at 1345 President Quirino Ave. in Manila asking for the class. We found out that this is only a CFO office, not a location for the course. The course was held at the PRISM office location found in the PCI Bank Building at 2422 Taft Avenue. The cost there was P250 for the class. After taking the course there you will be issued a yellow certificate.

You must then return to the CFO office on President Quirino Ave. after you receive your passport back with visa from the US Embassy via Delbros. You will then show your yellow certificate from PRISM and give them a photocopy to obtain your green certificate from that CFO office. You will also register there with CFO and obtain the immigrant registration sticker you will need affixed to you passport in order to be allowed to exit the Philippines to the USA. The cost at this location is P400.

The third location involved is in Quezon City (CMEF-COW) and I believe it is a class location also. I am not sure as we did not travel there, but I believe that to be the case after re-reading the website.

Maybe we are just the silly ones that did not read the website correctly the first time, but I figured if we messed it up, someone else might too. Hope this helps!

Scott (and Mirasol)

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Just to let you know that VisaPoint ™ cannot be used to schedule immigrant visa appointments. K1 and K3, although non-immigrants visas, are processed as "immigrant" by the Immigrant Unit of the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just to let you know that VisaPoint ™ cannot be used to schedule immigrant visa appointments. K1 and K3, although non-immigrants visas, are processed as "immigrant" by the Immigrant Unit of the embassy.

PW sis did you got my pm? I sent you 1 last friday, just wondering cuz didnt hear anything from you yet :luv:

I second PW's reply! K1 visas are scheduled by the Manila Embassy ONLY and are not processed as non-immigrant visas because of the intent is not to temporarily visit the US but live there, which is why they are processed as "immigrant visas." For those who are new, please do NOT attempt to schedule an appointment for your K1 visa using VisaPoint (as previously stated, the Manila Embassy will schedule your visa interview and medical exam for you then notify you via snail mail).

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Thanks for posting your guide. I know its very helpful. One thing I wanted to pass on with regards to the CFO Seminars that was confusing to Mirasol and I (and maybe others as well) was the locations. There are three locations involved with the CFO process in Metro Manila, but not all of them give the class. We went to the address at 1345 President Quirino Ave. in Manila asking for the class. We found out that this is only a CFO office, not a location for the course. The course was held at the PRISM office location found in the PCI Bank Building at 2422 Taft Avenue. The cost there was P250 for the class. After taking the course there you will be issued a yellow certificate.

You must then return to the CFO office on President Quirino Ave. after you receive your passport back with visa from the US Embassy via Delbros. You will then show your yellow certificate from PRISM and give them a photocopy to obtain your green certificate from that CFO office. You will also register there with CFO and obtain the immigrant registration sticker you will need affixed to you passport in order to be allowed to exit the Philippines to the USA. The cost at this location is P400.

The third location involved is in Quezon City (CMEF-COW) and I believe it is a class location also. I am not sure as we did not travel there, but I believe that to be the case after re-reading the website.

Maybe we are just the silly ones that did not read the website correctly the first time, but I figured if we messed it up, someone else might too. Hope this helps!

Scott (and Mirasol)

To ALL:

The CFO requirement can be accomplished in Cebu or Manila (depending on whichever is closer or more convenient for the beneficiary) and consists of two parts:

Part 1. Guidance and Counseling Seminar (a certificate of completion is given at the conclusion)

Part 2. CFO Sticker placed inside of the passport/visa (requires the Guidance and Couseling Certificate)

In Cebu, the Guidance and Counceling Seminar and the CFO Sticker are both administered and handled at the CFO in Cebu. Conversely, in Manila, the Guidance and Counceling Seminar is admistered at PRISM (on Taft Ave in Manila) and the CFO Sticker is given at the CFO in Manila. For both locations, the CFO Sticker can only be applied to the passport/visa once the beneficiary receives the Guidance and Counseling Certificate and visa from the USE.

NOTE: The Guidance and Counceling Seminar can be completed at any time.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Edited by Sheriff Uling

when you attend the K-3 interview, you are not giving up the CR-1. As PW earlier pointed out, the processing of a CR-1 Visa was running 3-5 months behind that of a K Visa. That is why many married couples pursue the K-3 Visa. It allows the couple to be together sooner in the USA. Recently it seems the CR-1 processing has been catching up to the K-3 Visa. that is why you now see many with K-3 interviews having their CR-1 interview only a couple of weeks after their K- interview.

yeah, but how does a CR-1/IR-1 petition continue if the K3 process is in its order?

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

yeah, but how does a CR-1/IR-1 petition continue if the K3 process is in its order?

oh look at me replying to my own post

el-oh-el

i found the answers to my questions cuz imma smart like that :rolleyes:

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.