Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Glad you call them :thumbs: ...they're pretty reasoble plus you talk to a live person and of course you can visit their local offices. You can compare their quote fare prices to the online prices like cheaptix, travelocity, etc. before you buy. By the way...tell us about that VONAGE $25/month for unlimited international calls...is that true? Never heard of it :unsure: .

Coco Puff

I got that vonage idea from Kuya Gary and Ate Luz from 1 of their posts. Its like this if you have a DSL/broadband connection at home its gonna work, there's a router that youll have to plug into your pc connection and with a cordless phone you can talk to your loved ones in the US till you want. On my case I have the Sacramento area code and I call Byron on his landphone and cellphone and vice versa whenever we want for $25 a month, thats all. Its really great no more $1500 monthly bills for us :dance: Byron ordered the router, sent it here, I set it up and got myself cordless phones and I'll leave it here so I can talk to my family whenever I want for $25 a month when we moved in the US . You can check this site www.vonage.com for additional details

Thanks for the reminder Meadeguy! You can talk to your fiance/fiancee about it and let me know if your interested so I can do the refer a friend on my account and you can use the vonage for a month free and 2 months for myself.

hi gracy_byron, we would like to use the vonage too...what are the requirements to submit?

Not much of requirements, really. The American fiance/fiancee just needs to have a credit card cuz thats where they gonna charge the $25 billing every month and some papers to sign then HOLLA your done. Then you can start sending the router box to your loved ones, they just need to have a Broadband/DSL connection at home. Our baby talks to his daddy every day and night, we sing songs at the phone till Byron cant take it anymore, I regularly talk to my relatives in the US for free and they call me through my Vonage number no international rates apply.

I just saw the pictures, too and nakakainggit! Can we organize a CA get-together pretty please? All of us Manila VJers should have one in CA! And that's an order, said the SHERIFF & DEPUTY SHERIFF ;)

Hi sis..yes.we should have a Manila VJers reunion..and count us in!!I

f you get here and settled just tell us when and when for sure we will be there..lol!

Goodluck sis and ingat poh! (F)

Just wishing those couples on the list with interviews this week a big GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES!!!!

Dean/Gra 04-23-07

Mike Marivic 04-24-07

CocoPuff 04-25-07

MarieandBryan 04-27-07

Jeff&Boo 04-26-07

Next week its our turn in the hot seat! :o I keep telling myself its going to be fine and trying not to hyperventilate. :lol:

Scott (and Mirasol.

Sending BIG good vibes to you all guys and gals (F).

TELL AND SHARE US THE GOOD NEWS!!! :dance:

Relax and have a deep breath Scott ..You will be fine ! :thumbs:(F)

GOODLUCK AND BEST WISHES!!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Other Timeline

- Bring at least Php 300.00 for paying Delbros for delivery of fiance's passport and visa. Ours cost around $165 (??) I think.

- Be honest - don't be nervous.

---

By Arnold and Joan on Manila Interview Tips

is it really $165 for a visa delivery? he said to bring Php300.00, or it's supposed to be Php165? I'm wondering how much peso should i bring with me on my interview. and got confused with this one. someone clear this up pls?? thanks

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

thanks for all the information that all of you guyz shared. it helped me a lot to prepare for my interview.

I got approved last Tuesday (april 17). It went pretty smooth. I think i was interviewed by the consul for not more than 3 minutes.

i know how it is to obsess about how the interview will go, but then let me assure you that as long as your papers/documents are complete and your relationship is genuine, then, you dont have to fret about it. Just be confident and pray. :thumbs:

Let Go, and Let GOD!

Amen! :)

Cora (PW)...

Having a get together in Cali would be a very cool thing. :thumbs:

As some of you know, we've been hanging out with Steven and Jinky (Steven & Jinky) as well as Paul and Annie (YnaYeBa0808). Unfortunately Mychelle's husband is not interested in kicking it and does not see why she still hangs out on VJ since his AOS is approved. :bonk: Whatever! :diablo: Some of the Pinoys, I just don't get. Anywho, it would be nice to have a get together with more of the folks here in Cali. Hell, if we're in any state that you live in, we're gonna look you up.

Cheers!!!

Ahmari (Sheriff Uling) & Jhen (Deputy Uling)

p.s. - If anyone in Cali is interested in getting together, please let us know. The more the merrier... :dance:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Relax and have a deep breath Scott ..You will be fine ! :thumbs:(F)

GOODLUCK AND BEST WISHES!![/font][/size][/color]

Thank you! I know I have no reason to be nervous. I mean seriously....its only some Consul looking at a few papers and spending five or ten minutes with us to decide the fate of the rest of our lives together. Why should I be nervous? If we don't make it, I can always keep flying to see my Honey every 4-6 months for the rest of our lives. :P

I'm joking...or as my Honey and I say.....I'm just Chow King! :lol: Thanks again for the encouragement.

Cora (PW)...

As some of you know, we've been hanging out with Steven and Jinky (Steven & Jinky) as well as Paul and Annie (YnaYeBa0808). Unfortunately Mychelle's husband is not interested in kicking it and does not see why she still hangs out on VJ since his AOS is approved. :bonk: Whatever! :diablo: Some of the Pinoys, I just don't get. Anywho, it would be nice to have a get together with more of the folks here in Cali. Hell, if we're in any state that you live in, we're gonna look you up.

Cheers!!!

p.s. - If anyone in Cali is interested in getting together, please let us know. The more the merrier... :dance:

Assuming we are approved next week, we would be up for a Cali get together. We plan on making the Disneyland trip this summer anyway, possibly in July. Would love to meet other VJ couples/friends.

Scott (and Mirasol)

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Timeline
Cora (PW)...

Cheers!!!

Hey! Judy and I would like to attend, can we wrap a cable around California and drag it over to where Alabama is now? it would make it much easier for us Georgians!

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Timeline
Just wishing those couples on the list with interviews this week a big GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES!!!!

Dean/Gra 04-23-07

Mike Marivic 04-24-07

CocoPuff 04-25-07

MarieandBryan 04-27-07

Jeff&Boo 04-26-07

Next week its our turn in the hot seat! :o I keep telling myself its going to be fine and trying not to hyperventilate. :lol:

Congrats to everyone that got visas approved this week! Hope it will be us next week celebrating the joy of that moment.

Take care and God bless all!

Scott (and Mirasol.

Just as Scott & Mirasol said, wishing you best of luck on your upcoming interviews!!!

Scott & Mirasol you too....

Carl

01-21-2013 I-129F Packet Sent

01-22-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery

01-24-2013 NOA1

07-12-2013 USCIS APPROVED!!!! (Email)

-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

Christine & Carl

Sample of K-1 Interview Packet to Assemble for Manila Interview: http://www.visajourn...back/?p=6369562

Guide on Preparing for CFO Guidance and Counseling Session in Manila: http://www.visajourn...-ready-for-cfo/

Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Order your fiancee's CENOMAR and Birth certificates at e-census

Delivery FAQ

Payment FAQ

Online application

Order now and pay right away tomorrow.

Timeline
If they are processing through CSC then their cases are truly exceptional. If there is no error in the dates they posted, then there must be something really special about their case. Is there something in their posts that would give us any idea as to why there were processed so fast? Maybe they have relatives who are CSC adjudicators!
Looking through the K1 visa timelines I noticed that two of them, one filed at the CSC and the other at NCS recieved there K1 NOA2 approval within one week of getting there NOA2, both were for Cuban spouses. Now we all know that vermont can get some of them threw in two weeks because they have only a small portion of all K1's filed across country and california takes 3-5 months on average.

So why did two K1's for cuban beneficiaries able to get through california in under a week? I have seen no others that even come close to that going through CSC. Is there special policies for immigrants from certian countries?

PW

I didnt see anything out of the ordinary, just thought it was a funny coincidence both being Cuban, i noticed interview dates that were consistent, aroung 40-50 days after NOA2. Oh well....

Carl

01-21-2013 I-129F Packet Sent

01-22-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery

01-24-2013 NOA1

07-12-2013 USCIS APPROVED!!!! (Email)

-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

Christine & Carl

Sample of K-1 Interview Packet to Assemble for Manila Interview: http://www.visajourn...back/?p=6369562

Guide on Preparing for CFO Guidance and Counseling Session in Manila: http://www.visajourn...-ready-for-cfo/

Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Order your fiancee's CENOMAR and Birth certificates at e-census

Delivery FAQ

Payment FAQ

Online application

Order now and pay right away tomorrow.

Timeline

WHHOOOOPPIII We were approved for our visa during interview today. We had 7:30 am interview, we were there at 6:45, back at the hotel at 11 am.

Thank you so much everyone especially PW and Sheriff Uling. We took Sheriff's map to interview, it helped a lot althought things have changed a little since the orginial post was done. I will let you know later what they are.

The CO was a middle aged white guy, he asked us to sit down, swore us to tell the truth. Asked Gra how we met, when did I come to see her, then made the comment that I must really mean this to make 3 trips in 9 months. haha of course I told him I could not stay away from her. He looked at the photos, made comment, "nice rock", we just smiled. The the photos of the engagement, he was impressed said "you are romantic". Gra had done a great job with the folders, even putting stickers on the pics, like "faces of love", etc. He said it was very well done, and that it made his job easier. He said he enjoyed looking at the pics. hahaha Then he said, "You are approved, this looks great, do you have any questions?" We asked for an embassy pickup and he said "no problem". Waited to be called again and that was that. now the celebration.

Dean and Gracia

hello everyone!

i have been following this thread since i joined VJ, and i am totally impressed with the Filipino community. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

as you can see in my signature, my husband has yet to mail the I-130. it has been procrastinated for all sorts of reasons, from lack of documentation to wrong information given, blah blah blah. anyway, it should be mailed tomorrow, so please cross your fingers with me, thanks.

so in behalf of the VJ community, i welcome myself in this thread! :unsure:

yay!

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Timeline
For the Medical Exam at SLEC:

What to bring:

14. When was the last time you had sexual contact? How was it?

p.s. - The "How was it?" follow-up question in #14 is a joke... Hahahaha!!! But they do ask when was your last sexual contact.

I was like :blink: huh...hehe, i could have asked you if it was serious or a joke. I scrolled down more and saw your posts script that it was a joke. :blush::devil:

You should have asked, "with someone else or by myself?" hahahaha

Timeline

Dean/Gra 04-23-07

Mike Marivic 04-24-07

CocoPuff 04-25-07

MarieandBryan 04-27-07

Jeff&Boo 04-26-07

Congrats to everyone that got visas approved this week! Hope it will be us next week celebrating the joy of that moment.

Take care and God bless all!

Scott (and Mirasol.

One down, four to go, come on VJer's lets bat a thousand.

Timeline
WHHOOOOPPIII We were approved for our visa during interview today. We had 7:30 am interview, we were there at 6:45, back at the hotel at 11 am.

Thank you so much everyone especially PW and Sheriff Uling. We took Sheriff's map to interview, it helped a lot althought things have changed a little since the orginial post was done. I will let you know later what they are.

The CO was a middle aged white guy, he asked us to sit down, swore us to tell the truth. Asked Gra how we met, when did I come to see her, then made the comment that I must really mean this to make 3 trips in 9 months. haha of course I told him I could not stay away from her. He looked at the photos, made comment, "nice rock", we just smiled. The the photos of the engagement, he was impressed said "you are romantic". Gra had done a great job with the folders, even putting stickers on the pics, like "faces of love", etc. He said it was very well done, and that it made his job easier. He said he enjoyed looking at the pics. hahaha Then he said, "You are approved, this looks great, do you have any questions?" We asked for an embassy pickup and he said "no problem". Waited to be called again and that was that. now the celebration.

Dean and Gracia

CONGRATULATIONS DEAN AND GRACIA :dance: Well done! I am so happy for both of you! Hope we can make it too with flying colors on Wednesday! Getting nervous though :unsure: I guess it is just normal to feel this way. We trust it all to HIM!

Coco Puff

Our LOVE Time Line

07-01-2003 - Introduced by relative & started communicating

11-16-2003 - Met for the first time in Bacolod City, Philippines

10-22-2004 - Together for the second time in Bacolod City, Philippines

11-03-2004 - Travelled to Cebu City, Philippines

11-05-2004 - Proposed marriage at 30,000 feet aboard Air Philippines flight to Bacolod

10-01-2006 - Sent I-129F Petition for Fiancee

10-03-2006 - USCIS received Petition I-129F

10-05-2006 - Notice of Action 1

11-05-2006 - Waiting, waiting, waiting...

12-29-2006 - Notice of Action 2

12-31-2006 - Received E-mail of Approval Notice - A Very Good New Year News for Us!!!

01-12-2007 - National Visa Center forwarded petition to U.S. Embassy Manila

01-16-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila received petition from National Visa Center via DHL

01-22-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila sent information packet to my fiancee

01-30-2007 - Received information packet via PhilPost

03-03-2007 - Packet 4 received via DHL

04-10-2007 - Day 1 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-11-2007 - Day 2 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-18-2007 - CFO Seminar at SMEF-COW Manila

04-18-2007 - St. Lukes Medical Appointment --- scheduled --- done 04/10-04/11

04-25-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila Interview --- scheduled --- APPROVED!!!

05-04-2007 - Visa delivered by Delbros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.