Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
is it hard to travel alone to US for the first time? Will there be a chance that i may get lost or deported???

You'll be fine I traveled alone myself and got here last Saturday.Just bring some stomach and head medicine... immigration officer asked me several questions while customs people didn't open my bags.

Edited by AJ Litt

I traveled alone too and no worries cause their signs is too big for you to notice and besides all the infos are all in your plane ticket to guide you, I traveled alone too between states now that I'm here and its pretty much easy....

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No worries dear, you can make it! bring something to read coz you'll surely get bored. As what others said, READ! and if you think your not sure of something don't be afraid to ask. I salute that Japanese ladies who helped me in going through my connecting flight in Washington.

My advise is don't worry aboUT YOUR LUGGAGES that are check in if you do have a connecting flight coz they will take charge of it. In my experienced, that was the cause of my supposed delay and could might miss my flight if I didn't bothered to ASK! Be smart and common sense is important.

have a safe trip!!!! God Bless!

vida

Edited by djazy66

Timeline
is it hard to travel alone to US for the first time? Will there be a chance that i may get lost or deported???

its not hard to travel alone as long as u know how to read and communicate people like your kababayan, airport crew and the flight attendant. U can talk to them in english just be sure u say it slowly and clearly.

no chances to get lost if u keep asking where to go next. u will be deported if the officer incharge in your POE doubted your or if u give them reason to deport you.

don't worry u will be fine. congrats and have a safe flight.

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WAHHH :crying::crying: .. can i echo the same question.. samahan niyo na ko..:D actually, its not that scary to travel alone../ i just hate flying... :help:

😁

Timeline

WAHHH :crying::crying: .. can i echo the same question.. samahan niyo na ko..:D actually, its not that scary to travel alone../ i just hate flying... :help:

psst kaya ninyo yan,!!!

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline
:rolleyes: As what others in VJ members say, its not scary and you don't have to worry, as long as you know how to read, communicate and knows how to follow instructions you will be fine.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

No it's not hard. Just be aware what to do & pay attention to the signs. I traveled alone too thru PAL & I wasn't worrying too much coz from Cebu to SFO, I've seen a lot of Filipinos & that made me feel at ease. You only have to deal with boredom during your flight coz it's long hours of flying...You'll be okay... :thumbs:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Happy 4th of July everyone....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

since it's been since sometime back in May anything has been posted about the process. thought I'd post this info from Embassy in Manila's website.

These are the main features of the K-1, K-3 and IR-1 visas

Visa type

K-1 Visa Non-immigrant

K-3 Visa Non-immigrant

IR-1 Immigrant

Approximate total processing time

K-1...9-12 months

K-3...9-12 months

IR-1.. 12-24 months

Where do I file the petition?

K-1..... Only in U.S.

K-3..... Only in U.S.

IR-1.....file abroad

What petition form do I file?

k-1...... I-129F only

K-3.......1-29F and I-130

IR-1..... I-130 only

Are there any major restrictions I should know about?

K-1....... Single entry. Valid for 6 months; to marry petitioner within 90 days of entry to the United States and must adjust status.

k-3........ Multiple entry. Valid for two years, but must adjust status within 2 years.

IR-1....... LPR status. Processing for green card begins on entry.

Can my fiancée/fiancé or spouse take her/his children?

K-1........ Yes. Only unmarried children under 21 but must be issued K-2 visa within one year of the K-1 issuance.

K-3........ Yes. Only unmarried children under 21.

IR-1....... Yes, but separate IR-2 petitions must be filed for each child. Stepchild must be younger than 18 years old at time of parent's marriage.

Is an interview required?

K-1........ Yes

K-3..........Yes

IR-1..........Yes

Which Affidavit of Support do I use?

K-1......... I-134

K-3......... I-134

IR-1......... I-864

Does the Embassy need the original petition & documents from USCIS?

K-1...... Yes.

K-3....... Yes.

IR-1..... Yes.

Last Update :: 04/30/2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This site is produced and maintained by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Manila.

Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.

Privacy Notice and Disclaimer

OK, enough of that :P lets move on to something with a Summer Theme.....

OH MY!!!! :devil: Now I see why I have a beautiful Filipina!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

UPDATED LIST UPTO ronjie

MARCH AND APRIL 2008 FILERS

K1

VJ NAME ------------SC----- I-129(NOA1) ----I-129(NOA2) ----Paid DELBROS---- Medical ------ Interview

WestLey'sGirl-------VSC--- Mar. 03 ----------- May 09 -------------------------------------- July 14

honeybadger-------CSC--- Mar. 04 ----------- pending --------------------------------------

bevs---------------CSC--- Mar. 08 ----------- pending-----------------------------------------

Eric & Althea ------VSC---- Mar. 17 ---------- pending --------------------------------------------

jab1976------------VSC----Mar. 18 ---------- pending ---------------------------------------

rubchett-----------VSC--- Mar. 18 ----------- June 18-----------------------------------------

TexPamp-----------VSC--- Mar. 21 ----------- May 27 ----------------------------------------

ManilaIdaho--------CSC----Mar. 21 ----------- pending -------------------------------------

higantengtingting---VSC--- Mar. 27 ---------- June 20 -------------------------------------

marizzacdo---------VSC----Apr. 7 ------------June 30------------------------------------------

Orlandorenaldo-----VSC----Apr. 10 ----------- pending --------------------------------------

ChristophandEvan--VSC--- Apr. 15 ------------ pending------------------------------------------

frostysoftyeaton ---VSC--- Apr. 18 ------------pending---------------------------------------------

AllRightsReseved -- CSC -- Apr. 19 ----------- pending ----------------------------------------

lad23--------------VSC----Apr. 21 ----------- pending --------------------------------------

prettynpink--------VSC----Apr. 21 ------------pending -------------------------------------------

jeffcloe------------CSC----Apr. 29 ----------- pending -------------------------------------------

K3

VJ NAME ------SC-- I-30(NOA1)---(NOA2) ---- I-129(NOA1) ---- (NOA2) --- Paid DELBROS ---Medical ----- Interview

ronjie-----------VSC-- Mar. 3 ----------- pending ----- Mar. 31 ------------ pending ------------------------------------

o0pink0o-------CSC-- Mar. 17----------- July 2 ------ May 7 ------------- July 2 -----------------------------------------

daisychain-----CSC-- Apr. 14----------- June 23----- Apr. 28 ------------ pending ----------------------------------------

CR-1 / IR-1

VJ NAME ----------SC----I-130(NOA1) ---- NOA2 ----- NVC Complete ----- Paid DELBROS --- Medical ----- Interview

Maddy and Rick-----VSC---Mar. 18 ------------ pending ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Hmmmm... that wasn't fair. :o I was part of that, the second set of contestants, and we are not included in that YouTube video? Where can I protest? :protest:

:lol::luv::lol:

OH MY!!!! :devil: Now I see why I have a beautiful Filipina!!!!

Filipinas have true and authentic beauties... inside and out. David loves watching me in the morning when I just woke up because he said I'm not like other women who wear out its beauty in the morning. :luv:(L):luv: So sweet of him to say that.

There was a joke about it... couldn't remember the exact words but it's like "A man goes to sleep a prince charming and wakes up in the morning a prince charming, BUT a woman goes to sleep a princess and wakes up in the morning a witch." :whistle:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

with the price of gas skyrocketing, here are some gas saving tips....

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.