Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Hmm, I'm sure it was a "tongue in cheek" offer, Sheriff. How is Jhen? Is she working now?

Hi, Jazzy. I'm happy for you. I sure miss receiving a pay check every 15th and 30th. If I were back in the Philippines, distribution na ng 14th month bonus namin at this time of the year and then 1st week of December Christmas bonus naman and then January Presidential bonus naman. Waaaah, I miss my bonuses. I asked Doug if they get Christmas bonus here, naku hindi pala uso dito yun and so wala kayong Christmas gift lahat :crying:

Thanksgiving is around the corner and I don't know how to cook turkey so Doug decided that the best thing to do is to buy ready-to-eat turkey dinner from Fred Meyer, our local grocery store. Ligtas na naman ako sa luto hehehe. Ang galing ko talaga magpalusot :devil:

Hmm, I'm sure it was a "tongue in cheek" offer, Sheriff. How is Jhen? Is she working now?

Opo! She's assisting one of her friends who owns a few businesses until she's ready to start nursing school. At least, that's the plan for now... :P I can't tell you how many times folks have asked when is she going to be buntis.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hi, Jazzy. I'm happy for you. I sure miss receiving a pay check every 15th and 30th. If I were back in the Philippines, distribution na ng 14th month bonus namin at this time of the year and then 1st week of December Christmas bonus naman and then January Presidential bonus naman. Waaaah, I miss my bonuses. I asked Doug if they get Christmas bonus here, naku hindi pala uso dito yun and so wala kayong Christmas gift lahat :crying:

Thanksgiving is around the corner and I don't know how to cook turkey so Doug decided that the best thing to do is to buy ready-to-eat turkey dinner from Fred Meyer, our local grocery store. Ligtas na naman ako sa luto hehehe. Ang galing ko talaga magpalusot :devil:

thanks..Cor....yeah...i was askig him the same if they get a 13th month pay...mid year bunos...clothing allowance but unfortunately wla silang ganyan.....i was expecting christmas bunos even PRO-rate lang naman hahahhahaa...only in the Philippines lang yan!...but he said there are certain companies and state workers got there bunoses but its not a normal practice here.

Thanksgiving is coming its Gracey's b-day tooo she will be 7 and soo excited to have a bunch of presence ...we are so busy what to do here its a double celebration for us. Anyway....feel ko lang mag post....lol.....and mag update what happeningt to us here....me and Todd still breathing the essence of our love......going stronger day to day.... :dance:

jazzy

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Congratulations PW on the successful interview!!! I am so envious you got to be married in Vegas on 7-07-07....hehehe. I wanted to do that date too, but Mir didn't want to wait. (I tease her that she was afraid I will run away if we waited longer. :lol: ) We did get married in Vegas....just not on that lucky day. :P

Anyways...take care all!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Maraming salamat po! We're free from the USCIS for 21 months. Yiiipppeeeeeee!!!!!

Oo nga, Mae. It would be nice to work for them but I think for federal positions, especially the DHS/USCIS, one has to be a US citizen. Doug prefers for me to have a home-based job (takot nya lang maligawan ako sa ofis hihihi :devil:) .

So in the meantime, back to my home-based job, that of being a "maid" of honor! Haaaay..... back to my labada.....

Awww... ;) that means our Filipino applicants will have to wait till you're USC, ha? :lol::lol::lol: I think that's what David's fears too, maligawan ako ng iba because according to him, american guys drool over cute little asians. HA! I like your term "home-based job"... can I use that too? Hehehe. Most pinays here in MO have degrees and work as nurses, PTs, doctors and they would sometimes ask me kung anong work ko. It sure sounds good to tell them that "I work in a home-based job". :lol: I'm a devoted wife and I am proud of it!!! :yes:

Cheers to all loving Pinay wives!!!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

ththcongrats.gif to:
  1. Mike and Marivic
  2. Lucy and Robin
  3. Mirasol (GC)
  4. Ate Cora
  5. And to all those who were succesful with their AOS interview, had received their GC's, and those who were approved with their visa interview at USEM...

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

I just called the NVC and found out I have an RFE coming. They said there was information missing in my I-864 submission. Of course I have no clue what I left out. I'm still waiting for the DS-230 documents from Fely, so hopefully this won't slow our case down any more than it already is.

I just called NVC and got the same info you had on your I864..

Came to find out the info and called live CS on NVC..

Guess what's the only missing?

My payment for $380.. Arghhhh!!! Which I have never receive the bill yet..

So the CS told me she is requesting another bill for me.. :-(... I hope I get that bill So I can get this issue straightened out..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

:P I can't tell you how many times folks have asked when is she going to be buntis.

I'm sure those who've been asking want to be ninong/ninang (godparents) of little Sheriff. :yes:

Thanksgiving is coming its Gracey's b-day tooo she will be 7 and soo excited to have a bunch of presence ...

Advance happy b-day to Gracey! Did she pick up the American accent already? I'm sure she speaks like a native-born American now.

I am so envious you got to be married in Vegas on 7-07-07....hehehe. I wanted to do that date too, but Mir didn't want to wait. (I tease her that she was afraid I will run away if we waited longer. :lol: )

I assure you, Scott, it was a zoo on 7-07-07! :yes:

The lines at the marriage bureau a few days before 7-7-7 snaked to the street! Doug baked under the hot sun waiting for our turn to be served while I sat under the shade of a tree rehydrating myself with wet paper towels as I could feel myself dehydrating.

To newcomers who have questions regarding their visa process, please feel free to ask them here in this thread. I’ll see if we can start a list again for those who are starting their journey so you can get a feel of where you are in the process. It helps when you see that there are people with similar timelines and waiting just like you.

Helen (VJ name: vsmtqhdy) is a good resource person for questions about medical (naku hayan, inoffer na kita, Helen) , among other things. The popular Sheriff Uling is another good resource person and our in-house comedian, model, and all-around American Idol.

Mabuhay ang Manila thread!

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT APPROVED AND GOT THEIR GREENCARD...

we got married last nov 4 and now i am in the process of filling-out the forms and gathering documents for the AOS...now i need help for the following:

1. Address - C/O

2. What should i put in line "Current USCIS status" in Form 1-485?

3. Were you inspected by a US immigration officer? (I handed to him the yellow envelope and asked me some questions before stamping my !-94).

4. In what status did you last enter?

5. Applying with you? Under list of husband/wife?

Thanks for all your help and support...wish we could get this through smoothly...I will also file an EAD with this form...am i right that the total fee is $1010?

thanks again...

we got married last nov 4 and now i am in the process of filling-out the forms and gathering documents for the AOS...now i need help for the following:

1. Address - C/O

3. Were you inspected by a US immigration officer? (I handed to him the yellow envelope and asked me some questions before stamping my !-94).

Thanks for all your help and support...wish we could get this through smoothly...I will also file an EAD with this form...am i right that the total fee is $1010?

thanks again...

2. K-1 Visa

3. yes, that was at your POE.

4. K-1 Visa Holder

5. check no, your husband is not applying with you.

yes the fee is $1010, which includes fee for I-765, EAD Card.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

1. Address - C/O

thanks again...

You may want to use the sample form here in VJ as your pattern because that's what I did, but to answer your questions, here it is.

1. Just you and your husband's address, don't worry about the C/O

2. K1 Visa holder

3. Yes

4. K1 or K1 Visa holder

5. You have to make this one clear because I looked for this on my own form and didn't find it

I believe it's correct, $1010 including AP and EAD. Good luck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

1. Address - C/O

thanks again...

You may want to use the sample form here in VJ as your pattern because that's what I did, but to answer your questions, here it is.

2. K1 Visa holder

3. Yes

4. K1 or K1 Visa holder

5. You have to make this one clear because I looked for this on my own form and didn't find it

--Mae

thats the part that asks you to list husband/ wife and all children.

:dance::innocent::star::yes::luv:;):) B) :D:P

Congratulations to all who got approved for their K1 and AOS application.

Hi Manila thread family :luv:

best of luck with your AOS :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Address - C/O

thanks again...

2. K1 Visa holder

3. Yes

4. K1 or K1 Visa holder

--Mae

thats the part that asks you to list husband/ wife and all children.

Thanks thanks a lot...two more things though...

1. How should i sign the form? under "signature" --- the signature appearing in my passport (with my maiden name) or a new signature with my married name (with this though, i still have no other documents with a new signature)...How did you sign yours????

2. Shall I include a new form G-325A with the AOS application???

3. Could you give me a summary of uscis form/info/documents that should come with the AOS applxn???

Many thank yous to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.