Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for including me in your prayers.

:dancing:

CONGRATULATIONS LUVBUGS4EVER!

Hi everyone!

I would just like to let everyone that my girl got approved at her interview yesterday!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ELMASGUAPO!

Visa received!!!!!

Gary and Fely

CONGRATULATIONS GARY & FELY!

Have a blessed and happy family life ahead!

Bien

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi to all,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for including me in your prayers. My daughter and I arrived

hi luvbugs4ever! congratulations to your visa, thank you for sharing your interview experience and it's good that you have a safe trip to US..goodluck to your life there with your love ones :dance::dance:

elmasguapo, congrats to your girl's successful interview! :dance:

Thanks everyone, for including us in your prayers.

I have a question though,

I called the manila embassy and they stated on the 5th of July that they approved the visa and that it had to be printed...

I made plane reservations for the 24th of July for her to leave for the usa.

She lives in davao

Is that too soon? Do you think the visa will get delivered before the 24th?

Thanks again, and may god bless as always

Hi to all,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for including me in your prayers.

CONGRATULATIONS LUVBUGS4EVER!

Hi everyone!

I would just like to let everyone that my girl got approved at her interview yesterday!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ELMASGUAPO!

Visa received!!!!!

Gary and Fely

CONGRATULATIONS GARY & FELY!

Have a blessed and happy family life ahead!

Bien

:dance: :dance: :dance:Congrats to all the Approvals and Arrivals!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by Novelyn & Gragg

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

I spoke to the US Embassy in Manila again tonight. This time I was told that the CO is done and we are only awaiting "technical checks"? I asked what is a technical check and was told check of biometric and/or fingers scan. Anyone ever heard of this? I asked how long does this take, and she said no way of knowing exactly, but to call back Friday. She said she would tell the "Technical Department" I am calling and checking on my case. Actually tonight the Embassy has been more empathetic and forth coming than in the past.

On a side note, I received a letter from my US Rep. Tim Johnson's Office dated July 3rd, saying they have sent an inquiry to the US Consular Section in Manila and will get back to me as soon as they receive a response.

I also got an email from Senator ####### Durbin's Office,

" The U.S. consulate in Manila has acknowledged that your fiancé does not qualify for derivative U.S. citizenship. They have referred her I 129F to an adjudicating consular officer to resume its processing. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions or concerns."

It has been almost five weeks now and they still are telling me they don't need anything from us, it is in one type of processing or another………

So what should I think? Technical Check?

ANO!

:ranting:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I spoke to the US Embassy in Manila again tonight. This time I was told that the CO is done and we are only awaiting "technical checks"? I asked what is a technical check and was told check of biometric and/or fingers scan. Anyone ever heard of this? I asked how long does this take, and she said no way of knowing exactly, but to call back Friday. She said she would tell the "Technical Department" I am calling and checking on my case. Actually tonight the Embassy has been more empathetic and forth coming than in the past.

On a side note, I received a letter from my US Rep. Tim Johnson's Office dated July 3rd, saying they have sent an inquiry to the US Consular Section in Manila and will get back to me as soon as they receive a response.

I also got an email from Senator ####### Durbin's Office,

" The U.S. consulate in Manila has acknowledged that your fiancé does not qualify for derivative U.S. citizenship. They have referred her I 129F to an adjudicating consular officer to resume its processing. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions or concerns."

It has been almost five weeks now and they still are telling me they don't need anything from us, it is in one type of processing or another………

So what should I think? Technical Check?

ANO!

:ranting:

You know the process is bad enough but if they would just start telling us what is wrong that is causing any delay would go a long way with everyone involved. After all we are the ones that filed the case in the first place. They definitely need some classes in customer service to say the least.

Good luck,

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

WHAT???

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

WHAT???

LOL

Ano (A-noh)

The all-around, all-purpose word for everything.

(1) Pronoun in interrogation: Ano? (What)

(2) Noun: Where is your ano? (Where is your father/mother/dead-uncle's-second-cousin)

(3) Verb: Anuhin this. (Paint/kill/maim/castrate this.)

(4) Adjective: This is so ano. (This is so pretty/big/astounding.)

(5) Interjection: Ano! (What the hell!)

(6) Substitute for genitalia: Did you ano your ano?

The use of ano is quite dangerous for the untrained ear, and must be put into the proper setting.

"Honey, the ano is too long, we have to cut it," must be accompanied by the proper understanding of the context, as results may be critical to a couple's future.

From "Ano Sabi Mo?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
WHAT???

LOL

Ano (A-noh)

(2) Noun: Where is your ano? (Where is your father/mother/dead-uncle's-second-cousin)

The use of ano is quite dangerous for the untrained ear, and must be put into the proper setting.

"Honey, the ano is too long, we have to cut it," must be accompanied by the proper understanding of the context, as results may be critical to a couple's future.

From "Ano Sabi Mo?"

Very funny!

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Ano: where did you get the mouse on your sign.? that is so cool!

ok, now that was even better. he changed the last line of the mouses sign, right after i asked.

are you doingthat or is it a scroll?

http://www.danasoft.com/

HUH??? :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
WHAT???

LOL

Ano (A-noh)

From "Ano Sabi Mo?"

just so when everything is so stressed with the journey, you just posted a good laugh! :dancing::jest:

nang-aano ka eh! :devil:

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Success at the interview!

My fiance's interview was last Friday July 6th. I am with her in Manila staying accross the street from the embassy. Everything went smoothly and at the end of the interview I presented a letter to the CO requesting that my fiance pick up the visa in person. Today she received a call from the embassy informing her that the visa will be available for pick up tomorrow! It will be 5 days total including the weekend since the interview. We are both relieved and joyfull. Thanks for all the support from the VJ community. We will be able to make our flight home next week now!

The only thing left to do here in Manila is to get the CFO stamp after she picks up the visa tomorrow. I guess we need to figure out where to go! :blush:

Kevin and Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

My fiance's interview was last Friday July 6th. I am with her in Manila staying accross the street from the embassy. Everything went smoothly and at the end of the interview I presented a letter to the CO requesting that my fiance pick up the visa in person. Today she received a call from the embassy informing her that the visa will be available for pick up tomorrow! It will be 5 days total including the weekend since the interview. We are both relieved and joyfull. Thanks for all the support from the VJ community. We will be able to make our flight home next week now!

The only thing left to do here in Manila is to get the CFO stamp after she picks up the visa tomorrow. I guess we need to figure out where to go! :blush:

Kevin and Jena

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Kevin and Jena

Awesome Kevin .. Congrats

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.