Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shauna Love the pictures on the yahoo link!! :)

All the newbies should post some pictures on the site :)!! :whistle: That is if you gals want to. Its nice putting a name to a face.

I hope you all aren't working to hard.

OK Michele and Rhonda I will stick around for now. :whistle:

Either that is a new thing or they were giving off bad vibes cause Andre and I did not know each other 2 years and made it through without any hitches.

Just letting you know that one couple was denied for this. I don't know if they look at each case like this or not. Just relaying what I saw and heard.

Well, that changes things a bit in my mind. We were a K-1.

Still seems kind of harsh in some cases.

Jax - Was it for the CR1 visa or K1? Even though it doesn't apply to me I would still like to know.

It was a CR1 They were married maybe it was a K-3. Not sure on that part. Plus they only linked up like 3 times.

tell me about it, because that $7000JA could have been his shot money. not to mention the grease my palm amount of $3000JA which could have been better spent

It sounds like JA :)!! Something happened to us once with our friends car.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congratz BG!!!!!! that is great news....

ok i know this is off topic as well.....but does anyone have pet insuarance????? just wondering if it is worth the extra mulla a month.....

I HAVE 3 CATS AND I HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR THEM I GOT IT AT PETSMART. I PAID LIKE 100 DOWN PAYMENT AND 20 A MONTH BUT THEY GET UNLIMITED CARE, SHOTS DEWORMER, NAILS CLIPPED EMERGENCIES, ETC ITS WELL WORTH IT.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

QUOTE(BelwinMills @ May 8 2007, 03:22 PM)

I just wanted to let you guys know when I was at the Embassy a couple was being denied because they had not know each other for 2 years before filing. Make sure you know your SO 2 years before filing the Visa Application. Just wanted to make this note to help any one out who maybe lurking who has not know their SO for 2 years yet.

I did not realize that was a requirement. I thought you just had to have meet in person within the last two years. No worry none of this applies to me. Sorry...still learning how to post replies.

You can still file for a visa without knowing your partner 2 years, you just get a conditional green card right? I've read on this, and there is a 2 year limit on a certain kind of green card. If you have known each other over 2 years they give you the other one. There are many people who have filed for a visa in less than 2 years knowing each other. I think the embassy was giving that couple the run around or there were probably other outstanding issues that nixed the visa.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
You can still file for a visa without knowing your partner 2 years, you just get a conditional green card right? I've read on this, and there is a 2 year limit on a certain kind of green card. If you have known each other over 2 years they give you the other one. There are many people who have filed for a visa in less than 2 years knowing each other. I think the embassy was giving that couple the run around or there were probably other outstanding issues that nixed the visa.

There could of been more gaps in their paperwork. The lady was just hitting them with everything and they were fighting back. There could of been more glitches cause I don't have all the paperwork I wouldn't know. I just heard her say that.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Poll How long did you know your SO before you applied for their Visa? If anyone wants to participate

Less than 6 months 0

One year 0

Two years 0

Three years 0

Four years 0

Five or more years 1

Cause when I was at the Embassy I thought you at least had to met in the past two years. But believe me I think their was more to the story. The Lady was angry at them.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Poll How long did you know your SO before you applied for their Visa? If anyone wants to participate

Less than 6 months 0

One year 0

Two years 0

Three years 0

Four years 0

Five or more years 1

Cause when I was at the Embassy I thought you at least had to met in the past two years. But believe me I think their was more to the story. The Lady was angry at them.

five or more years

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

7 YEARS AND 2 IN PERSON

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Timeline
belwin,

i didn't take prenatal pills before, but it is a good idea. some women also take extra folic acid as it helps with brain development.

Most women can't even keep anything down for a while, my daugher is now 20mths and I tried taking prenatals as soon as i found out I was only six weeks, my doctor told me stop taking them b/c it made no sense since i wasn't able to digest them. I stopped taking them about 7mths, they were just too big, then I got some gelcap ones which made a big difference For the 1st 3 months the baby really gets all it needs from its mother. It would be nice to start taking them before but God forbid you don't pregnant according to plan...u'll be taking these big nasty ugly brown tabs :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Shauna Love the pictures on the yahoo link!! :)

All the newbies should post some pictures on the site :)!! :whistle: That is if you gals want to. Its nice putting a name to a face.

I hope you all aren't working to hard.

OK Michele and Rhonda I will stick around for now. :whistle:

Either that is a new thing or they were giving off bad vibes cause Andre and I did not know each other 2 years and made it through without any hitches.

Just letting you know that one couple was denied for this. I don't know if they look at each case like this or not. Just relaying what I saw and heard.

Jax - Was it for the CR1 visa or K1? Even though it doesn't apply to me I would still like to know.

It was a CR1 They were married maybe it was a K-3. Not sure on that part. Plus they only linked up like 3 times.

tell me about it, because that $7000JA could have been his shot money. not to mention the grease my palm amount of $3000JA which could have been better spent

It sounds like JA :)!! Something happened to us once with our friends car.

I would like to check out the Yahoo site..how do I ?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
belwin,

i didn't take prenatal pills before, but it is a good idea. some women also take extra folic acid as it helps with brain development.

Most women can't even keep anything down for a while, my daugher is now 20mths and I tried taking prenatals as soon as i found out I was only six weeks, my doctor told me stop taking them b/c it made no sense since i wasn't able to digest them. I stopped taking them about 7mths, they were just too big, then I got some gelcap ones which made a big difference For the 1st 3 months the baby really gets all it needs from its mother. It would be nice to start taking them before but God forbid you don't pregnant according to plan...u'll be taking these big nasty ugly brown tabs :)

i remember those big brown ones my first pregnancy now the ones i'm taking actually helped with my quessiness (sp) but now that i think about it they are expensive. i pay $50. for 100 pills . can't u buy them in the store for $10.00?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Less than 6 months 0

One year 0

Two years 0

Three years 0

Four years 0

Five or more years 1

Five or more....5 years in march and many trips to Jamaica

Timeline
belwin,

i remember those big brown ones my first pregnancy now the ones i'm taking actually helped with my quessiness (sp) but now that i think about it they are expensive. i pay $50. for 100 pills . can't u buy them in the store for $10.00?

You know I never bought the pre-natals my doctor always had samples....after I started losing weight he prescribed a anti-nausea meds..I LOVED IT

Timeline

Poll How long did you know your SO (in person) before you applied for their Visa? If anyone wants to participate

Updated

Less than 6 months 0

One year 0

Two years 1

Three years 0

Four years 0

Five or more years 2

belwin,

Yeah I heard you should start taking them up to 6 months before you want to get pregant. Thats what hubby said he read anyway. Just trusting him.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Calling all Baltimore/DC area residents- I'm looking for a summer festival in your area-any ideas? Oh and if I can do it- I'd love to crash in on your weekend plans B)

Hey Michele you're welcome to stay here....we have plenty of room !!! We go to DC (on the train) to celebrate Jamaican Independence Day...will mostly likely be Sunday, August 5th. It's alot of fun !! Here was what was happening at last years...

INDEPENDENCE SUNDAY MARKET (an all-day jamaican festival - August 6, 1pm)

@ Gardens of the Orgnaization of American States - FREE; live music by Kymani Marley, Skatalites, Bare Essentials, Lovindeer, Image Band, DJ Romeo, Sprang International, Emcee Jerry D. Jamaican food, arts and crafts on sale.

The year before they had ALL food and drinks for free, last year you had to pay for everything and the food wasn't as good as the year before !

If anyone in our area knows of any other ones....please post them.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly, I'll keep the date in mind. And thanks for your offer of hospitality :) .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.