Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congratz BG!!!!!! that is great news....

ok i know this is off topic as well.....but does anyone have pet insuarance????? just wondering if it is worth the extra mulla a month.....

I think it is if you can find a good deal. I have a friend who has 2 ex racing greyhounds and they are always getting hurt or needing some sort of vet attention. Its actually quite funny, cause they are like her children, just high maintainence ones. My little dog has cost me some moola too. He needed emergency help from being hurt when playing outside.

I'd defintiely look into it, especially if your dog is really young or old. Thats when they tend to need the most vet assitance.

that is what i was thinking....he is just 2 months old soooo all of those shots are coming up....couple of shots a month for like 3 months....the one i found refunds half or more of the cost of the shots....sooo i think it is a good deal....

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know this is off topic but....

I PASSED MY COMPREHENSIVE EXAM TO GET OUT OF GRADUATE SCHOOL!! I AM DONE!! I WILL GRADUATE!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! :dance::dance: :energetic: :dance::P:P :energetic: :goofy:

Now, back to the discussions...

Congrats!!!! :thumbs::dance::dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

I know this is off topic but....

I PASSED MY COMPREHENSIVE EXAM TO GET OUT OF GRADUATE SCHOOL!! I AM DONE!! I WILL GRADUATE!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! :dance::dance: :energetic: :dance::P:P :energetic: :goofy:

Now, back to the discussions...

Congratulations, that's great! :thumbs:

Congratz BG!!!!!! that is great news....

ok i know this is off topic as well.....but does anyone have pet insuarance????? just wondering if it is worth the extra mulla a month.....

I think it is if you can find a good deal. I have a friend who has 2 ex racing greyhounds and they are always getting hurt or needing some sort of vet attention. Its actually quite funny, cause they are like her children, just high maintainence ones. My little dog has cost me some moola too. He needed emergency help from being hurt when playing outside.

I'd defintiely look into it, especially if your dog is really young or old. Thats when they tend to need the most vet assitance.

that is what i was thinking....he is just 2 months old soooo all of those shots are coming up....couple of shots a month for like 3 months....the one i found refunds half or more of the cost of the shots....sooo i think it is a good deal....

Which one is that? I might need to look into it.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Hello ladies

I'm upset, mad, and pissed off :angry::ranting: They're moving me to 2nd shift now at work. That is the worst shift (for me) of all 3 shifts. When I'm on it, I never see Tony :crying: We can't eat dinner together at night or anything!! I hate my job so much, but now I really feel stuck here. :help:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi all, its been awhile. No, I didnt get lost...thanks for those of you who IMed me, that was sweet and I just now came on to check since forever.

First of all, I had been having internet probs, guess I got a virus and also my modem went on the blink, both.

Second of all, I did something really kind of foolish. I am feeling so down today, been crying all day. Well, reason I havent been around, is...last month, I went into the feed store, and gosh, those lil chickies are sooooo cute and I had been thinking of buying some to have eggs, ya know. We live in the city tho, so three is the limit. Well, one lil baby kept looking at me and looking at me...I stood there for about two hours, I think the employees thought I was nutz!

She just was saying..."Take me home" ya know? Well, I wasnt set up just yet, had been wanting some, but couldnt resist. I got her, and a couple others I just let the employee pick out. Well, the other two are kinda flighty and scare easily, but this lil chick, she started following me everywhere when I had her out of the box I kept her in. I mean, bathroom, living room if I was on the computer, etc. If she couldnt find me, she would cry, this little plaintive "cheeeeeep, cheeeeeep!". She would find me, and run toward me, her lil head bobbing for all it was worth, and I would tell her "JUMP", and she would jump in my lap and cuddle up. Well as she grew, she began to have a crossed beak, and it became harder for her to eat. I did everything, mixed up special food and fed her and it took an hour at least every time she ate for her to get anything in her. We called her Fandango, cuz she kicked up her food so bad, it looked as if she was dancing! Outside, the day before yesterday, she kicked a leaf three feet in the air. And she would try to fly out of her box whenever she heard my voice in the kitchen, I finally had to cover them with newspaper, and she would still try, the newspaper would fly up and you would hear this ruckus. Oh my, is was so funny. But she started getting smaller and smaller than the other two, even tho she seemed to have limitless energy, and she was the lead hen, it was amazing. She weighed about two ounces and the other two weighed a pound. As she started to feather, her feather on her wing got kind of twisted and stuck straight out, and had no tail and a long neck and looked a bit like a lost ostrich instead of a chicken. Lake started calling her "Miss Universe". lol

I never put them outside as she was always cold, and she liked me to cuddle her up against her belly with my shirt wrapped around her, and then she would sleep and chirrup softly. I finally told her the other day, "dangit you silly bird, you have lived seven weeks now, so I think youre gonna make it, you BETTER not die on me, cuz I finally am allowing myself to get attached to ya". Well, I looked in the box early yesterday morn, and she had passed. She was labor intensive, but boy, I would do it all again and more, to have that silly stupid lil head bobbing after me. I miss her so much, its dumb how attached I got to this lil mini chicken. She just wasnt able to get enuff in that lil body to keep it going, with her beak all twisted.

We buried her in the back yard, and Lake sang a prayer for her, and we ALL miss her. Lake asked me if I was ok after he got off work, I didnt look ok, and I said I am ok, I just miss my silly chicken.

So I am glad she is in chicken heaven waiting for me, all full finally, but man, I miss her. :crying: She was the only chickie I had that had loads of personality. I suppose its like dogs, or cats, every once in a while, you get that one that is really special. And now, I cant let the others outside without a cage, cuz without her to follow me back inside, no way can I round them up.

So, thats why I havent been on in so long, I have been playing nursemaid to a chick for the last 7 weeks!

So, anyhow, welcome to all the newbies, I havent had time to go back and catch up, but wow, on our fourth go round already!

Lake has passed all his GED except the reading and writing. He wants to take them the end of this month, so three down and two to go. Boy, those tests are HARD!

Hope everyone is doing great and I miss you all!

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Shuana- your little one is so cute. Did you name him yet?

Oh my gosh, he's ADORABLE :luv::yes: I just looked at the pics. What a cutie!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Hi all, its been awhile. No, I didnt get lost...thanks for those of you who IMed me, that was sweet and I just now came on to check since forever.

Hey Jill :) Good to see you stranger! Sorry about your lil chickie :huh:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'm sorry to see everyone leaving, but I certainly understand your reasonings. And even though I personally don't have anything to contribute here :blush: , I vowed that I would stay to see Jax and Anna through their journeys. So now, Anna, I'm waiting for you girl-so hurry it on up :P .

But now we have babies on the way, new puppies and some great new people who've joined recently. I guess I'll stick around for a while.

For those posting new pics on yahoo please send a message to the group to let us know. Shemanya I'm waiting to see your pics from the parade :whistle:

Calling all Baltimore/DC area residents- I'm looking for a summer festival in your area-any ideas? Oh and if I can do it- I'd love to crash in on your weekend plans B)

Timeline

Calling all Baltimore/DC area residents- I'm looking for a summer festival in your area-any ideas? Oh and if I can do it- I'd love to crash in on your weekend plans B)

Hey Michele you're welcome to stay here....we have plenty of room !!! We go to DC (on the train) to celebrate Jamaican Independence Day...will mostly likely be Sunday, August 5th. It's alot of fun !! Here was what was happening at last years...

INDEPENDENCE SUNDAY MARKET (an all-day jamaican festival - August 6, 1pm)

@ Gardens of the Orgnaization of American States - FREE; live music by Kymani Marley, Skatalites, Bare Essentials, Lovindeer, Image Band, DJ Romeo, Sprang International, Emcee Jerry D. Jamaican food, arts and crafts on sale.

The year before they had ALL food and drinks for free, last year you had to pay for everything and the food wasn't as good as the year before !

If anyone in our area knows of any other ones....please post them.

Kelly

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so I called the medical center in Mo'Bay. The shots can run him up to $7000JA and can be given the same day and then on top of that the medical is US$95. as listed in the previous posts. so thats not to bad.

My husband is a little upset right now because he went to visit a friend in the hospital and the transport authority towed his car and accused him of running taxi on the wrong route. It's his car he barely drives it. he went to the hospital and saw some other friends visiting and offered to take them home. So now he has to pay $7000JA for towing the car and wanted to give him a $9000JA ticket. I told him to go to court and fight the ticket, because its his car and can prove he work elsewhere. He said the told him if it was sunday, it would have been ok. and how they know the car, if u know the car, then don't u know the driver??

so anyway now the transport authority is willing to drop the $9000Ja ticket if he gives them $3000JA.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.