Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did anyone else have this issue with filling out their paperwork?

1. On the I-130 where it asks for your spouses address, what did you put? Evan has only given me a PO Box address in Negril, I'm not sure if he has a physical street address on his house. Did anyone else have this problem? It seems they ask for the "street" address a couple of times on this form and the G325a.

You will be fine. I send letters to JA all the time.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

1. On the I-130 where it asks for your spouses address, what did you put? Evan has only given me a PO Box address in Negril, I'm not sure if he has a physical street address on his house. Did anyone else have this problem? It seems they ask for the "street" address a couple of times on this form and the G325a.

I've sent stuff to him many times, but I wasn't sure if the PO box address will be good enough for the USCIS, since they keep asking for a "street" address. Just dont want any paperwork coming back because of this. I guess the PO box will have to do. I mean, they don't have a mailman that delivers mail to your house in Negril do they? Sounds like you guys have had the same issues and you worked out fine, so I will too.

Thanks!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've sent stuff to him many times, but I wasn't sure if the PO box address will be good enough for the USCIS, since they keep asking for a "street" address. Just dont want any paperwork coming back because of this. I guess the PO box will have to do. I mean, they don't have a mailman that delivers mail to your house in Negril do they? Sounds like you guys have had the same issues and you worked out fine, so I will too.

Thanks!

Did anyone list their SO's address as a PO Box?

Andre's was:

His community

His post office

His parish

City, JA

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I always sent it as...

Name

Ewarton PO

St. Catherine, Jamaica

West Indies

That is what I put on all the forms and it worked just fine. Where Andre lived they all just went to the PO and asked for their mail by name. They had 10 PO boxes that the PO but those were reserved for businesses or churches.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I always sent it as...

Name

Ewarton PO

St. Catherine, Jamaica

West Indies

That is what I put on all the forms and it worked just fine. Where Andre lived they all just went to the PO and asked for their mail by name. They had 10 PO boxes that the PO but those were reserved for businesses or churches.

That's what I was saying....nearly identical address for my Andre and everything worked fine.

I was wondering if any used like P.O. Box 1234 or whatever..........for someone. Isn't that what someone was asking in an earlier post?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was wondering if any used like P.O. Box 1234 or whatever..........for someone. Isn't that what someone was asking in an earlier post?

Yeah...I guess what I am saying is...when the USCIS asks for street address if you use a PO box it should work. I didn't even use a PO Box just the name of the PO and I didn't have any problems. Use whatever you have and don't stress too much. The only people that really have to use that address is the Kingston embassy and they *should* understand JA addresses and the fact that not everyone has an actual street address.

Timeline
I always sent it as...

Name

Ewarton PO

St. Catherine, Jamaica

West Indies

Craig's....

Auldayr District

Bluefields PO

Westmoreland

Jamaica West Indies

No problems here...

Craig always had to pickup his mail at a Post Office in Bluefields. Craig would ask if there was anything in there for him and they would give him his mail....in alphabetical order.

Timeline

I know this is off topic but....

I PASSED MY COMPREHENSIVE EXAM TO GET OUT OF GRADUATE SCHOOL!! I AM DONE!! I WILL GRADUATE!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! :dance::dance: :energetic: :dance::P:P :energetic: :goofy:

Now, back to the discussions...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
I always sent it as...

Name

Ewarton PO

St. Catherine, Jamaica

West Indies

Craig's....

Auldayr District

Bluefields PO

Westmoreland

Jamaica West Indies

No problems here...

Craig always had to pickup his mail at a Post Office in Bluefields. Craig would ask if there was anything in there for him and they would give him his mail....in alphabetical order.

YEAH SAME HERE ALWAYS SENT

I MAYBE BE WRONG, BUT I THINK THE PO IS USED IF THE MAILMAN DOESN'T DELIVER TO YOUR HOUSE.

I PASSED MY COMPREHENSIVE EXAM TO GET OUT OF GRADUATE SCHOOL!! I AM DONE!! I WILL GRADUATE!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! :dance::dance: :energetic: :dance::P:P :energetic: :goofy:

CONGRATS!..WELL DONE...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Congratz BG!!!!!! that is great news....

ok i know this is off topic as well.....but does anyone have pet insuarance????? just wondering if it is worth the extra mulla a month.....

I think it is if you can find a good deal. I have a friend who has 2 ex racing greyhounds and they are always getting hurt or needing some sort of vet attention. Its actually quite funny, cause they are like her children, just high maintainence ones. My little dog has cost me some moola too. He needed emergency help from being hurt when playing outside.

I'd defintiely look into it, especially if your dog is really young or old. Thats when they tend to need the most vet assitance.

Yeah...I guess what I am saying is...when the USCIS asks for street address if you use a PO box it should work. I didn't even use a PO Box just the name of the PO and I didn't have any problems. Use whatever you have and don't stress too much. The only people that really have to use that address is the Kingston embassy and they *should* understand JA addresses and the fact that not everyone has an actual street address.

Oopps! I guess I was saying PO "box". He actually only gave me a PO. His address looks just like your example Jomo's girl. Yours too Jme. So I guess I am fine. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the help guys!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Congratz BG!!!!!! that is great news....

ok i know this is off topic as well.....but does anyone have pet insuarance????? just wondering if it is worth the extra mulla a month.....

I think it is if you can find a good deal. I have a friend who has 2 ex racing greyhounds and they are always getting hurt or needing some sort of vet attention. Its actually quite funny, cause they are like her children, just high maintainence ones. My little dog has cost me some moola too. He needed emergency help from being hurt when playing outside.

I'd defintiely look into it, especially if your dog is really young or old. Thats when they tend to need the most vet assitance.

Oopps! I guess I was saying PO "box". He actually only gave me a PO. His address looks just like your example Jomo's girl. Yours too Jme. So I guess I am fine. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the help guys!

It' OK Marlita anxiety gets the best of us when filling out these forms..it's terrible..i get like that too :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Congrats!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.