Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Help!

I remember seeing on VJ a list of questions that the embassy might ask. I'm getting sort of nervous because I won't be there with him when he interviews. So just trying to make sure all my bases are covered. I thought it was pinned in the K-1 VISA forum. I looked in the other forums but I can't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks to all for their kind support....we have decided to try and work out our things....i know he has said some really crapy things to me and has done some really crapy things...i think we can try to work past it....he should be getting his work permit soon God willing and i think a lot of the anger he has will go away because he will be busy and able to help provide...i know some might think i am crazy but i know he loves me deep down and i am just hoping for the best...

DARLENE....PLEASE DON'T GO...............

TGIF !!!!!!!!!! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here this weekend !!! Great soccer weather ;o) !!!

Have a great weekend. We are off the the skating rink, then to the drive-in, and maybe to a party later. I have to work this weekend. :angry: wait a min...I work every weekend :unsure::blink:

ME 2..... :angry:

Shauna...you are not crazy. Marriage is about working it out. Things happen and ppl make mistakes but we have to learn from them. You and Mike will be fine..don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Help!

I remember seeing on VJ a list of questions that the embassy might ask. I'm getting sort of nervous because I won't be there with him when he interviews. So just trying to make sure all my bases are covered. I thought it was pinned in the K-1 VISA forum. I looked in the other forums but I can't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Hey Jengles you will not be asked all of these questions, we were only asked about 5 of them. Hope this helps.

Sample Interview Q & A

1. How did you meet your fiancée?

2. When and where did you first meet your fiancée?

3. How many times did your fiancée visit you in Jamaica? And what were the dates?

4. How many children do you have?

5. What is the age and date of birth?

6. How many children does your fiancée have?

7. Do you know your fiancée’s parents?

8. What is your fiancée’s mother's name?

9. What evidence do you have of the relationship?

10. How long have you and your fiancée been together?

11. When do you and your fiancée plan on getting married?

12. Where does your fiancée live?

13. Do you have plans to go to school and/or work while in the US?

14. Who is your co-sponsor?

15. What kind of work does your co-sponsor do?

16. Is your co-sponsor married and to whom?

17. Does your co-sponsor have any children?

18. What are their ages and names?

19. Have you ever been to the US?

20. When is the last time you saw your fiancée?

21. When will you leave for the US?

22. When and how did you propose?

23. When is your fiancée’s birthday?

24. Does your fiancée have any brothers or sisters?

25. What are their names?

26. What does your fiancée do as a living?

27. Where does your fiancée live?

28. Where was your fiancée born?

29. What do you love about your fiancée?

30. Have you ever applied for a traveler’s visa?

31. What is your fiancée’s salary (income)?

32. How long has your fiancée worked there?

33. What is your fiancée’s age?

34. What color are your fiancée’s eyes?

35. Do you and your fiancée plan on having children?

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Help!

Here are some

http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/sample...-questions.html

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Help!

For *our* interview---but this was May 2006, "I" was only asked if "I" thought my relationship was going to last once he go to the states, if there was going to be the same passion that I found on the beach in Negril would be the same here in the States and gave me ####### about my income --because he wasn't reading the paperwork correctly. Craig wasn't asked one question....he made him go and sit down before he spoke to me.

Here are some questions from most recent interviews (since March) --others that have been more recently can add on...

How did you meet your wife?

What does she do in america?

where does she live?

How do you keep in touch?

when did you last see your wife?

Where were you married and how many people were there?

then he asked to see the pictures from the wedding.

If he loves me and why?

Birthdate?

Where I live

Where does my family live

How many times I have been to Jamaica

Where we (I) stayed those times

Has he ever been in trouble with the law

Has he has ever been to the states...

Has he ever smoked weed

Timeline
The Interview May 3, 2007

May 2nd and 3rd we stayed at Christar Villa Hotel down the street from Embassy nice and a little cheaper than the Hilton. Staff there was really friendly. The Embassy is a 2 minute cab ride for like 200 JAS.

Told Dwain not to bring his phone. He said why? I told him and he left his phone at the hotel. He was worried we would not have a ride back to the hotel told him not to worry about that.

We had a 12:15pm appoinment.

We got there at 11:15pm

They started to line us up outside the doors at 11:30 for 11:30am-12:130pm appoitments.

We went threw the metal detector at the Embassy. The American guy infront of me held up his line cause he brought his cell phone in and we all told him he couldn't but he didn't believe us. So he had to go back outside and give his phone to a person who keeps it in a plastic bag and gives you a number. The lady commented on my binder as I entered It weighed at least 5 pounds. The security gaurd was like your preparied this should be easy for you guys. I hope because we have been together for about a decade.

We then walk through the court yard and enter another door. This is were Dwain pulls out his DS230 one form and signs it and his four passport photos. He gets a pink slip where he puts his passport number on the back of it and the front on the line.

We go through another set of metal detectors. Then they tell us to have a seat to the far right of the hall. This is section A. They call him up to the window. The lady takes his Birth Certificate, Wedding Certificate, Passport, DS230 part 1 and 2.

We then go sit down in section B. Dwain gets called again and his index fingers on both hands are scaned. Then we sit.

Then we go to section C. We wait and wait we can hear all the cases we laugh at the fraud ones. One guy was so funny we were like why is fighting with them. Just go reapply. And pick up the telphone so it can be private. Any way the guy got married in Jamaica before his divorice was final so the USA doesn't recogines his marriage as legal to this JA woman. He argued forever and did not win of course. This was the guy with the cell phone.

Then a guy feel out of his chair and had a seizure I felt so bad when he hit our chairs we were screaming to the USA immigration officers for help and security came. He was fine after we left. That is the first time I saw someone deal with a seizure.

There was another married couple there and telling false information. They didnt even know the names of each other kids. He was lying about how many times he visited and all kinds of things. Then the lady said you know if we find out any of this information is false you can go to jail. You sure sir you aren't trying to get to the USA. They had no photos of their wedding and didn't even know their wedding date. They said 4 people attended.

Other people were turned away for wrong paperwork like the I-864 form and others were turned away cause the sponser did not make enough money.

We waited for like ever.

Then we finally got called up for our interview. We raised our right hands and swore in. The guy joked with us from the start. He grew up around were I live. Just a 1/2 hour away from were I work. He said he knew NIU well and my hometown. He had an ex girlfriend from the town next store to me and she was also a music teacher. He asked Dwain where he met me. He said 10 years ago the officer said what speak up. He said way back in 1998 at his High School and that I came with my college and we played music together. He asked what insturment he played and I played. Then he asked when did we get married? Then he asked where I worked and laughed saying that he had some good times there too. He asked what grade I teach. When I said music he just laughed and said I really can see you two our very much in love and a wonderful couple. I really don't think I need to see anything in that binder or album. He said we were very luck to have that much information most people don't. The visa was granted we took the pink sheet the officer said do not buy his plane ticket until he recieves the visa. It should come in about 14 working days. He told us to go across the street to get the visa sent to him. So we went across the street and paid for the visa to be delivered. It cost 7 US dollars. Dwain asked the lady to call the taxi driver and he paid 30 JA for his phone call. As we were leaving a guy asked if we needed a taxi Dwain was like we just called someone. So the guy let us call to cancel the taxi so we could us him. Then we went to order our favorite pizza at Pizza Hut pinapple and pepperoni. We drove off with the pizza and I think Dwain called everyone he knew screaming. He was worried though we would not be able to fly back to Kingston because they took his passport. I told him that he could fly on his Drivers license but he didn't believe me. He loved flying and said this is the way he will go to Kingston in the next couple weeks. Oh my!!

Then after we ate one of our friends picked up Dwain and they delivered CDS to radio and tv stations. I didn't mind survior was on ugly betty and wife swape so I was cool cause he always controls the TV stations. So he was like u fine with this I said hell ya I ate my dinner alone at the restrunt and had a quite dinner.

We got to the airport early and hung out with all the musicians going to their gigs. Some are very good friends of mine. I forgot who they were playing for they were heading to Antigua. My very good friends gave me a braclet from his artist Baby Charm ghetto story. I know the bass player and drumer for him. It was like a renioun some guys I see often and others I had not seen for 5 years so I got huge hugs. We saw like everyone there and even the former Prime minster PJ Paterson and the Head lady of tourisum on the island. Dwain was like that is the artist so and so and on he went.

Sorry it took long but we had no internet for a couple of days. The guys just made some burgers and cheese sandwiches the KAOS crew is hanging out playing video games thanks to me who just brought them new computer contolers. So I am all alone on our computer sitting in the next room beside them. Well the plans our know wait to buy the ticket. Hopefully Dwain will come up Wed May 30th. I have a work party June 1st and everyone wants to meet him and then the next weekend our friends from EC are having a wino party. So the plans are starting to kick in. Dwain wants to go to school and study music. So he will. If he wants to play with artist in the future we will consider moving back to JA in 5 years. We will decided then.

Question about getting dual citzenship. My friends said bring your passport birth certificate and wedding certificate to were you got the JA passport. They will put a special stamp in your passport and you are all good with everything. Doesn't sound tough at all. I hope that answers your question Kim.

Congrats on your approval Jax!!!

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This is for those that are US/American Citizens...... you may want to check with the Embassy of the country you would be traveling to. You can travel to ANY US (domesitcally) including ...Hawaii, San Juan and Virgin Islands

You will need your passport and greencard to travel up to that point....you can only travel within the US territories.

Your greencard gets you back INTO the US.

The passport advisory that I tacked on at the end was only to serve as a reminder that regardless of the fact that some countries will allow US Permanent Residents to visit without a visa, that they still need to have a passport to travel - in addition to their PR cards. That was the sole purpose...please reread the introductory paragraph in my previous post. I did some extensive reading this morning for my own purposes and thought I would share info. After all, this is what the forums are about.

Peace

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Timeline
This is for those that are US/American Citizens...... you may want to check with the Embassy of the country you would be traveling to. You can travel to ANY US (domesitcally) including ...Hawaii, San Juan and Virgin Islands

You will need your passport and greencard to travel up to that point....you can only travel within the US territories.

Your greencard gets you back INTO the US.

The passport advisory that I tacked on at the end was only to serve as a reminder that regardless of the fact that some countries will allow US Permanent Residents to visit without a visa, that they still need to have a passport to travel - in addition to their PR cards. That was the sole purpose...please reread the introductory paragraph in my previous post. I did some extensive reading this morning for my own purposes and thought I would share info. After all, this is what the forums are about.

Peace

No worries, I'm a travel agent....no need for me to re-read...thanks !

Thanks to everyone, Sonshyne, AlienUKGirl, and luvtravlin for posting the interview questions. I need to start preparing for that at this point. And like Jengles, I'm very anxious that I won't be able to be there. :(

I agree with Jomo, I've learned from everything that's been posted here. Someone told me over the weekend that people need to realize that when you get advice, you take from it what you need and leave what you don't. I think this thread is like that. Some of it may pertain to you and your situation, some may not. Take what you need and leave the rest. And make your own deposit when you can. :thumbs:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
Thanks to everyone, Sonshyne, AlienUKGirl, and luvtravlin for posting the interview questions. I need to start preparing for that at this point. And like Jengles, I'm very anxious that I won't be able to be there. :(

I agree with Jomo, I've learned from everything that's been posted here. Someone told me over the weekend that people need to realize that when you get advice, you take from it what you need and leave what you don't. I think this thread is like that. Some of it may pertain to you and your situation, some may not. Take what you need and leave the rest. And make your own deposit when you can. :thumbs:

Good advice :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
This also brings up the fact that these Black men are coming from a country where their race is the majority. They never knew what it felt like to be the minority in their country, or hometown, or HOUSE for that matter. That can drive anyone crazy, trust me. Do some of your guys live in a neighborhood or city, where there are not many Black faces? Not much Black culture? That makes a HUGE difference.

Good point. Unfortunately my neighborhood is 95% white :o Tony was/is the ONLY black person on the block! I am so thankful that he adjusted well and everyone is really nice and friendly to him. I think it helped that he worked in the tourism industry in Jamaica so he was surrounded by (mostly) white people every day!! :lol: Whenever we go out, we try to go to places that are more mixed though.

Yeah that was probably good that he worked in the tourist industry. He was able to get used to it a lot easier from that. My guy works in the tourst industry also, plus he was raised by an American (white) family for a few years also. So I know he will be ok here. Although I live in the LA area, so there really isnt a problem of diversity here anyway. We have towns from Koreatown, Thaitown, Little Armenia, to Little Ethiopia. Its GREAT!!! No other place like it! And the food options :thumbs: so many options.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Congrats on your approval Jax!!!

Ditto Jax!!!

I'm so happy for you and Dwain :dance::dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
I am putting together all my forms and collecting the info needed to file my CR1 visa. I started filling out some of the forms, just to give myself practice and I came across some questions:

1. On the I-130 where it asks for your spouses address, what did you put? Evan has only given me a PO Box address in Negril, I'm not sure if he has a physical street address on his house. Did anyone else have this problem? It seems they ask for the "street" address a couple of times on this form and the G325a.

2. Did you fill out your forms by hand in ink, or did you fill them out on the computer?

3. Also on I130 # 15 do they want to know Evans current place of work information in Jamaica? Or is this question only if your spouse is currently working in the US?

Thanks guys

1. Most houses in JA don't have physical addresses. Just write down what he tells you.

2. I completed my online and printed them out. My handwritten is so bad.

3. Put his employer info.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Did anyone else have this issue with filling out their paperwork?

1. On the I-130 where it asks for your spouses address, what did you put? Evan has only given me a PO Box address in Negril, I'm not sure if he has a physical street address on his house. Did anyone else have this problem? It seems they ask for the "street" address a couple of times on this form and the G325a.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Did anyone else have this issue with filling out their paperwork?

There are alot of people in JA who don't have have a physical address. What I did is put down his community name, and breif a description of directions to his yaard, and that was acceptable :blush: You should be fine with the info you have :yes:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.