Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

I don't think ANYONE should leave the board. I don't care whether I agree with you or not. But it doesn't make sense to let other people and other people's opinions run you from someplace. I don't think anyone would say that this thread has not been helpful. I think it continues to be helpful, no matter what stage you're in, even if you're completely finished with paperwork.

Oh well. Like I said, it's just words on a screen.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok I am bored here Dwain is at work and my company just left. At least my friend who came to visit said he would give me a ride to the airport. Yippee no taxi we will see if he can get his grandmas Car.

JLVR what are you up to tonight?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Nothing much, just playing some games. Should be doing some cleaning, but I'm not.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
Nothing much, just playing some games. Should be doing some cleaning, but I'm not.

I understand not wanting to clean. :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
So i finally got what i have been wanting for a long time....a PUPPY!!!!!!! it is the cutest likkle thing ever... it is a Jack Russel and Cocker Spaniel Mix...it is so cute....i wasn't sure how mike would react to it...he new for a long time i wanted one....and the price was right so i just got it....i know i ten to be a impulse shopper....but mike fell in love with it....it is soo cute to watch this little dog follow mike where ever he goes....pics soon come..

How cute...I want a shih tzu...one day ^_^

Oh you may want to think twice about this breed. They are veeerrry needy and the breed has a tendancy to eat is own poo! Hence the name Shih tzu...lol!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
So i finally got what i have been wanting for a long time....a PUPPY!!!!!!! it is the cutest likkle thing ever... it is a Jack Russel and Cocker Spaniel Mix...it is so cute....i wasn't sure how mike would react to it...he new for a long time i wanted one....and the price was right so i just got it....i know i ten to be a impulse shopper....but mike fell in love with it....it is soo cute to watch this little dog follow mike where ever he goes....pics soon come..

Oh you may want to think twice about this breed. They are veeerrry needy and the breed has a tendancy to eat is own poo! Hence the name Shih tzu...lol!

Really..I never heard of that. That would not be cool at all.

Timeline

Really..I never heard of that. That would not be cool at all.

What?? Come again :lol: I can't wait to see pics Shauna :P

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

:lol:

I know quite gross isn't it. The things you learn AFTER the fact. Whichever dog you do get, you should by a book that talks about the breed before hand. I personally have a mixed terrier that I got from the animal shelter. I do a lot of volunteer work with dogs. Sometimes the mixed "mutt" dogs in shelters are way better than the expensive pure breds. The problem with pure breds is that they are also in-bred. LOL! Think about sisters, brothers, cousins aunts and uncles all having children with each other for generations......there's gonna be a little bit of cookoo in the bunch.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So...with that bit of footage....I sign out...this thread has become something I simply can not stomach.....It is really too bad that some new lady from the UK has decided to take something so "sweet" and turn it into personal attacks and personalize things.....I certainly hope you STAY Far away from the yahoo group...I will keep my updates posted on that.....To the original posse: Darlene, Jonesie, Minday, Ms Squitto, Denden, Shemonya, Rhonda, Kelly, Jamie, Shauna, Michelle, Jax, Ricardo wife, Ebony...and ANYONE ELSE I forgot..peace and love.......May all your future dreams come true....The ALIEN has possesed this thread and I leave before I get all ignorant and have to get "ghetto" on the UK child........

I personally think a veteran is poisoning the thread. I'll leave my thoughts to myself but trust me...it's not only the newbies. I feel so offended (more so than ever) by the comments made today and yesterday......

I will continue to lurk and post because this website does not make or break me or my marriage....

Good night ladies.

Thanks for saying that. I don't know if there is any ONE person that is "poisoning" the thread, but I really don't think its fair to say its the newbies. I'm not sure what classifys a newbie anyway....A person just starting the VJ process, a person with less than 4 or so squares, a person new in their relationship? I don't know where all the latest uproar has come from. I think we all need to just deal with the fact that everyone has their own opinions. This Yardie thread doesn't belong to the vets, or the newbies, it belongs to VJ and we are all just users and posters to it. Its hard to say things that aren't PC on here for fear that we might annoy someone. I can say that since I came on here, I have gotten tons of useful information. Whether from people sharing insight into their personal lives, or on my visa process. I also learn alot from people whose opinions are different than mine. I gotta say thats one of the biggest reasons why I love this thread.....the fact that not everyone has the same robotic thought process. I may not agree with some of the things said, but I dont have to, cause guess what that's life, thats America....freedom of speech.

Now if people are being offended in a personal way by what someone says, they should make it known to the person who offened them. We shouldnt all jump in and attack the original poster. We should try to understand why the OP made the comment in the first place. I truly dont think that anyone on THIS thread is malicious. You all seem to be good friends, your welcoming to us newcomers, and you're all very informative. Sometimes we may not all understand each other, and sometimes we may not always get along, but thats how it is with any genuine relationship.

If some of you feel the need to sign off, I can understand. It may be that the thread is very personal to your heart, and the negative energy can manifest in your daily lives....so to that I say good choice to sign off for awhile and keep yourself stress free and positive.

I think these tiffs come in waves, but we should just handle them with more respect and compassion. (L)

Good morning. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Marlita, that was my point..we can't blame everything on the newbies....No one has noticed that some newbies for gone for the the same reasons. We need their information and support. Most of the vets who are no longer on the thread left for various reasons a long time ago...not because this mess. Hopefully the vets and the newbies will return one day.

Like I said I will leave my other comments to myself because it won't be pretty. I will take that energy for something useful like helping a newie or supporting a vet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys,

AOS approved (via email) without interview 5/4/07.

Peace!

CONGRATS (L):dance:

Yes Congrats!!!! :crying::cry: ...all the approvals get to me, knowing I have been waiting almost a year :(

Congrats Jayandmars...that was fast :thumbs:

Dee - I feel so bad that you're waiting so long. (F)

The State Department does the same security checks as the FBI. I work in HR for the State Dept and I have to initiate new employees security clearances. The employment offer is tenative until they pass their security clearance which can take forever. My clearance took 16 months :blink: Luckily I was able to work in non-secure area while waiting...we can't offer that anymore. I have no idea why our clearance took so long during the AOS process because I had to add Damien's name to my clearance right after we got married because he is a foreign national. You never know with the good 'old gov'ment.

Good luck and hopefully something will come through soon...we're cheering for you :thumbs:

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: Other Timeline
Sometimes we may not all understand each other, and sometimes we may not always get along, but thats how it is with any genuine relationship.

I think these tiffs come in waves, but we should just handle them with more respect and compassion. (L)

Ditto!!! I think, at least for me, I come here because we all have something in common. I agree with what Shamonya, whats posted here dosen't/ shouldn't make or break your relationship, but because we have that one very important thing in common, it's easy( at least it should be) to put yourself in the other persons shoes, and at least for me try to experience what that person maybe feeling before I/we just post what ever comes to my mind without really thinking about it. Although I have never met any of you, after almost three years of posting, you get to know certian things-ways about the posters character and of course you respect the opinion of those who have been supportive of you through the years. I just tend to look over the rest. In defense to Shaymonia and In respose to the "vet" who is posining the thread. I'm trying not to call anyone out here, but I'll go head and say it. I feel that Kelly used the thread to get her point(s)n across to her husband.( you can call me and curse me out if you want :huh: ) It kinda started the whole thing. Although her inital post was by accident...There were newbies coming in at the same time who didn't really know all the Kelly had been through and for whatever reason felt that she was being whiney and generalizing toward JA men and there has been bickering every since. It's hard to put your dirty laundry out here in public eye, I commend her..I've done it also for it, sometimes things seem so bad....you feel at the time you don't have anyone to turn to...you/we think we can come here for support because we all have something in common but really almost you can't. People are too judemental ESP those who know nothing about you. I have made some really good friends. Some know more about me than family who see me on a daily basis. So just know that if I make a post or a response to something that's posted, it not meant to be judgemental, no relationship is without problems. We should all try to positive by supporting and encouraging one another and not forget the purpose of this site, I think it's great that it has become something more, but some are not here for that, they are here for information and that's it, for the friends I've made so far, I'm glad to have you, I am greatful for the support and Kelly I hope you haven't taken offense to my post. I'm glad things are changing for the better for you and Craig.

Mindy Bring your a$$ back here :lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.