Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What kills me is Ken is so patient! "Baby Girl, why yuh astress yuhself...it soon reach!" I guess living in JA, you have to be! :D . But, I've gotten spoiled living here in the U.S. and I am officially part of the NOW generation!! CHA!!!

You know, that's one of the biggest changes I've seen in Tony since he moved here. He's not so laid back anymore and now I miss it :crying: We don't BOTH need to be stressed out!! I miss his, "no worries", "no problem mon" attitude :yes:

:o The same thing with Henry. When I think of it, I get really sad. He was always so laidback and calm and telling me "yuh a choose fe raise yuh blood pressure." Now he calls everyone an eeediat and honks at everyone and everything. :crying: Oh yeah and he's always asking me if I'm ready - I'll be in my towel coming out of the shower and he'll be at the door asking "yuh ready?" :yes:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:ot:

Sorry ladies but I posted this question back a few pages back and no one responded. For all New Yorkers I'm looking for braid shop in the Brooklyn area. I know there is one at each corner but I'm looking for a good one. Every time I go I always get it down in the Bronx but I can't take the driving this time.

Hey Nyseness,

I am told Khamit Kinks in Brooklyn is good. I hear they can sometimes be a big swell-headed and overrated, but they are very popular. I will get some info for you...other options. Here is the link.

http://www.khamitkinks.com/Home.html

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:o The same thing with Henry. When I think of it, I get really sad. He was always so laidback and calm and telling me "yuh a choose fe raise yuh blood pressure." Now he calls everyone an eeediat and honks at everyone and everything. :crying:Oh yeah and he's always asking me if I'm ready - I'll be in my towel coming out of the shower and he'll be at the door asking "yuh ready?" :yes:

:yes: Isn't that the truth! I am always like..."Yep let's go" and walk toward the door soaking wet in my towel and pick up my purse til he finally says, "Ok I get it...finish up" :lol:

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
:o The same thing with Henry. When I think of it, I get really sad. He was always so laidback and calm and telling me "yuh a choose fe raise yuh blood pressure." Now he calls everyone an eeediat and honks at everyone and everything. :crying:Oh yeah and he's always asking me if I'm ready - I'll be in my towel coming out of the shower and he'll be at the door asking "yuh ready?" :yes:

:yes: Isn't that the truth! I am always like..."Yep let's go" and walk toward the door soaking wet in my towel and pick up my purse til he finally says, "Ok I get it...finish up" :lol:

:lol::lol: I will have to try that.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What kills me is Ken is so patient! "Baby Girl, why yuh astress yuhself...it soon reach!" I guess living in JA, you have to be! :D . But, I've gotten spoiled living here in the U.S. and I am officially part of the NOW generation!! CHA!!!

You know, that's one of the biggest changes I've seen in Tony since he moved here. He's not so laid back anymore and now I miss it :crying: We don't BOTH need to be stressed out!! I miss his, "no worries", "no problem mon" attitude :yes:

:o The same thing with Henry. When I think of it, I get really sad. He was always so laidback and calm and telling me "yuh a choose fe raise yuh blood pressure." Now he calls everyone an eeediat and honks at everyone and everything. :crying: Oh yeah and he's always asking me if I'm ready - I'll be in my towel coming out of the shower and he'll be at the door asking "yuh ready?" :yes:

My husband is the same way with driving. He use to never speed out of control or yell at every car. When he received his first speeding ticket he was so mad he said he would stop speeding that has happened. He has to be on time every where we go. LOL

Sorry ladies but I posted this question back a few pages back and no one responded. For all New Yorkers I'm looking for braid shop in the Brooklyn area. I know there is one at each corner but I'm looking for a good one. Every time I go I always get it down in the Bronx but I can't take the driving this time.

Hey Nyseness,

I am told Khamit Kinks in Brooklyn is good. I hear they can sometimes be a big swell-headed and overrated, but they are very popular. I will get some info for you...other options. Here is the link.

http://www.khamitkinks.com/Home.html

Anna I will email my sister in-law and see if she knows anyone. How is everything going? Is your paperwork moving? All the best :)!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I can't believe I'm in my 9th month of pregnancy now :o Man, time flies. Read the little saying under my ticker :devil: That's gonna me really soon! :lol: I don't want to wait 4 more weeks!

If you HONESTLY want baby out, massage the webbing between your thumb and finger, and also the groove on the inside of your foot just above the fleshy part of your heel.....Can't say that's DEFINITELY why I went into labour, but it was the night before :whistle:

Ohhhhh, he's so cute!!!

Ty :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Mawning VJ Fams!!

OK, PLEASE tell me you guys saw Alicia Keys on the Ameircan Music Awards last night!!!? She was AWESOME!! She did the 'No One' (my SONG!!) remix with Jr. Reid! Plus she had Shabba, Chaka Demus & Pliers and Beenie Man!!! My Gal did the DYAM TING!!!!

If yuh miss hit, check dissa link:http://www.dailymotion.com/group/4426/vide...ma-awards_music

Mi seh mi LOVE LOVE LOVE dat deh Girl!! She always come wid something GOOD!!!!

Blessings,

Gill

YO!!! IT DID WICKED!! I was on the floor enjoying the heck out of myself, di music sweet mi! :yes::yes: Junior Reid, "One Blood" had me running through the house :lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:crying::crying::crying:

I wish it wasn't so late and you guys were here. I need to vent, cry, scream, or something! The tears are flowin and won't fricken stop. Things have not been good between the SO and I. I broke up with him (or at least tried to but he wasn't haven that) on Halloween and was trying to lie to myself that I was at peace with my decision but as I now see I'm not. We've talked alot and its only making my decision harder. UGHHHH! I just don't know. I know I love him but I got scared, I saw some red flags and decided to bail before I could get hurt. I started to question his intentions (not really because of anything he did but because of stories I've heard and fear) and pull away from him which only made things worse between us because he thought I had another man. There was one night that I had gone over to my girlfriends house with a few other girls (mind you I NEVER go out) and he got angry and told me to go home, well I wasn't gonna take that so I went off and told him he wasn't my father, blah, blah, blah, and how I never tell him that when he goes out. I always tell him to have a good time and call me when he reaches home. I wish relationships were simple. I have so many trust issues from my last relationship that I see myself treating him badly for things another man did. I was single for a year before we met and I really thought I had resolved my issues. HIm being far away sucks even though I've been using my time to be with friends and my kids. I'm stressed out at home raising 2 kids on my own, things are really tough financially right now. The high phone bills and thought of all the $ we'll spend on the visa proccess have me stressed out. His birthday just passed and I completely blew him off, and all because I couldn't give him anything for his birthday. And like he told me if I would have just spoke to him he could have understood. He's only asked for things a few times and I've explained each and every time how hard things are for me financially. I don't want to lose him if his love is for real and I know no one can give me that guarantee that only time will tell. I'll just continue to pray and hopefully follow the correct path. Okay thank for listening while I put all our business out there (boy he'd kill me if he saw this) but.... I know you guys are great and will give me honest feedback wether its what I want to hear or not! (L) u guys!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wish it wasn't so late and you guys were here. I need to vent, cry, scream, or something! The tears are flowin and won't fricken stop. Things have not been good between the SO and I. I broke up with him (or at least tried to but he wasn't haven that) on Halloween and was trying to lie to myself that I was at peace with my decision but as I now see I'm not. We've talked alot and its only making my decision harder. UGHHHH! I just don't know. I know I love him but I got scared, I saw some red flags and decided to bail before I could get hurt. I started to question his intentions (not really because of anything he did but because of stories I've heard and fear) and pull away from him which only made things worse between us because he thought I had another man. There was one night that I had gone over to my girlfriends house with a few other girls (mind you I NEVER go out) and he got angry and told me to go home, well I wasn't gonna take that so I went off and told him he wasn't my father, blah, blah, blah, and how I never tell him that when he goes out. I always tell him to have a good time and call me when he reaches home. I wish relationships were simple. I have so many trust issues from my last relationship that I see myself treating him badly for things another man did. I was single for a year before we met and I really thought I had resolved my issues. HIm being far away sucks even though I've been using my time to be with friends and my kids. I'm stressed out at home raising 2 kids on my own, things are really tough financially right now. The high phone bills and thought of all the $ we'll spend on the visa proccess have me stressed out. His birthday just passed and I completely blew him off, and all because I couldn't give him anything for his birthday. And like he told me if I would have just spoke to him he could have understood. He's only asked for things a few times and I've explained each and every time how hard things are for me financially. I don't want to lose him if his love is for real and I know no one can give me that guarantee that only time will tell. I'll just continue to pray and hopefully follow the correct path. Okay thank for listening while I put all our business out there (boy he'd kill me if he saw this) but.... I know you guys are great and will give me honest feedback wether its what I want to hear or not! (L) u guys!!!!

Hey Chica,

I went through the same thing!! I was suppose to file for Ken in March and then my fears from relationships prior reared their ugly head! He would say something...anything and I would go OFF!! I was a complete B1TCH to him!! I'm embarassed to tell you how horrible I was!! He backed off a little, gave me my space and let me work through. I actually realized one day...that my fear was about to stop me from having a a man that really LOVES me in my life and a chance for happiness! So, I put my fears aside and blocked my friends negative 'Stella' comments and actually allowed myself to trust him and be loved. Do I trust Ken 100%...no...but I tell him that and he knows that I have a ton of prior baggage, but I pray with time, I'll get there. But I do trust him more than I have trusted any man.

Classy, I totally understand about the $$ thing! I am raising 2 little boys (by myself too) and the funds are not always there! It's hard and stressful and the last thing you need is the stress of this process....I know I get it!

Chica, you need to do some soul searching. If you really think that your SO is genuine and will add joy to your life and hasn't done anything REALLY to raise your 'not right' antenna, then I say go slowly, even VERY slowly...but GO!!! You are entitled to love and a little happiness in your life! Take your time and save your $$, even if it's years Classy...at least you will have the opportunity to get to know your SO a little more.

I feel for you, I really feel your pain...cause I know what you are going through. I wish I was closer...cause I would give you a BIG SQUEEZE!!!

I hope this helps....love u 2 Chica!!

Blessing & prayers,

Gill

P.S.- Remember Classy 'What is for you, will not go by you'

:luv: (((((((((((CLASSY))))))))))) :luv:

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Hey Guys,

:dance: ONE MORE FULL WORK DAY TO GO!!!!! :thumbs: Hang in there!!

Blessings,

Gill

Lost in Africa

A Jamaican man and American man got lost in the jungle of Africa. A Tribe of bushmen got hold of them and gave them two choices, Unga Munga or death. The American chose Unga Munga.

After realising that unga munga was a homosexual act the Jamaican

shouted death, death, death, give me death.

The chief then shouted - Death by Unga Munga

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm sorry, girl.

Go with your gut feelings.

I PM'd you the rest.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I'm glad you get comfort here....

I must admit I think you've made the right decision, the tough part being sticking with it.

I see you say 'he only asked for things a few times'.

That would be a BANNER sized flag...

In my experience, the only men who ask for things aren't genuine. Most Jamaican men I know would cut of their right hand before asking for things.

That includes hinting they want things.

I don't know your situation, but based on that statement, I honestly think you've already made the right choice.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

I wish it wasn't so late and you guys were here. I need to vent, cry, scream, or something! The tears are flowin and won't fricken stop. Things have not been good between the SO and I. I broke up with him (or at least tried to but he wasn't haven that) on Halloween and was trying to lie to myself that I was at peace with my decision but as I now see I'm not. We've talked alot and its only making my decision harder. UGHHHH! I just don't know. I know I love him but I got scared, I saw some red flags and decided to bail before I could get hurt. I started to question his intentions and pull away from him which only made things worse between us because he thought I had another man. There was one night that I had gone over to my girlfriends house with a few other girls (mind you I NEVER go out) and he got angry and told me to go home, well I wasn't gonna take that so I went off and told him he wasn't my father, blah, blah, blah, and how I never tell him that when he goes out. I always tell him to have a good time and call me when he reaches home. I wish relationships were simple. I have so many trust issues from my last relationship that I see myself treating him badly for things another man did. I was single for a year before we met and I really thought I had resolved my issues. HIm being far away sucks even though I've been using my time to be with friends and my kids. I'm stressed out at home raising 2 kids on my own, things are really tough financially right now. The high phone bills and thought of all the $ we'll spend on the visa proccess have me stressed out. His birthday just passed and I completely blew him off, and all because I couldn't give him anything for his birthday.

BB Code Help Toggle Side PanelAnd like he told me if I would have just spoke to him he could have understood. He's only asked for things a few times and I've explained each and every time how hard things are for me financially. I don't want to lose him if his love is for real and I know no one can give me that guarantee that only time will tell. I'll just continue to pray and hopefully follow the correct path. Okay thank for listening while I put all our business out there (boy he'd kill me if he saw this) but.... I know you guys are great and will give me honest feedback wether its what I want to hear or not! (L) u guys!!!!

I must admit I think you've made the right decision, the tough part being sticking with it.

In my experience, the only men who ask for things aren't genuine. Most Jamaican men I know would cut of their right hand before asking for things.

That includes hinting they want things.I don't know your situation, but based on that statement, I honestly think you've already made the right choice.

i agree this has also been my experience..and Classy said something "(not really because of anything he did but because of stories I've heard and fear)"..this is one reason I say (in my opinion) somethings r better left unsaid...Classy u know what is ur true situation and only u can make the right one no matter what we say. Right now I think u just want to tell anyone that will listen and to kinda some how justify ur decision. But, again only u can make the right decision for u. Sometimes the more ppl u express ur feelings or situation to the more confused u will become, so it's best at least for me, to sit and ponder to myself or my journal and from there I make my decision, no knows but the man above so don't beat up urself just take a break and write it down it makes sense or no sense when u re-read it.

all the best

Kimmy..a dat a fi mi 2 cents

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

That includes hinting they want things.

I don't know your situation, but based on that statement, I honestly think you've already made the right choice.

I beg to differ about your feeling that "the only men who ask for things aren't genuine" comment. If that becomes the main gist of the relationship then yes I would say he isn't in the relationship for the correct reason....BUT....I don't think it is fair to make that blanket of a statement when there are so many more peices to the puzzle that we aren't aware of. Bottom line.....take your time..be on JA time...no worries....everything will come out if there is anything to come out!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.