Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Removing of Conditions...

It's been going pretty well. I could forward along a sample of my cover letter at some point. Otherwise, we just took the real relevant documents (title to our home, titles to our cars, joint banking, credit cards, etc.) and included those with the I-751 and the fee. I think cover letters really help keep it organized for the person reviewing the package. I also put our names on the bottom of each evidence page in very small type font so if anything fell out, they would know who it belongs to.

I would suggest getting a folder and photocopying some joint bills maybe every 4 months (again just 1 or 2) so that you have the evidence building and your not running around at the last minute.

Good news today as well, our check was cashed and we were transferred to CSC.

Edited by doodle

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Umm, not sure what happened here. A few "rude statements" were made. then everyone appoligized and then words started being thrown at "Jomo's girl" or mainly at her??? and then other people who wanted to say something about "Jomo's girl" posts in the past, felt it was fine to jump on the bandwagon. Did Jomo's girl say not to talk patios in the thread? I don't see that post, maybe I didn't go back far enough to read where she made that comment. Oh and of course can't forget bad gyal nuh back down from nuttin.

carry on ladies

It's okay, Jengles. But, thanks for the sentiment.

All I said was READING Patois gives me a headache. Anyone who inferred that I said DON'T talk Patois on any of these threads did that all on their own. And, those of you who implied I don't know my man's culture or where he comes from or even that there is some agreement that we dont' speak Patois in our home, also did that all on your own. Sweeping generalizations over and over again.

Nobody said any version of this in English or patois. You have told me that you understand it and can speak it, you just don't like to read it. I don't have a problem with you not reading it, which is why I started my OWN thread. You were being nasty when you said you couldn't be bothered with my story because of it, but you are in there every day. That is what most people took offense to, and that is what made me post the way I did. Some people are tired of being told that they shouldn't post in patois, and the jokes began. Again, the jokes and suss are part of the Jamaican and African American culture. You can love each other to death, but you will slew each other with the words and jokes.

Jengles what I meant about toe-to-toe on written words was just that, not a literally coming to blows. If someone wants to be snide and rude, and I can go there too. I was tired of saying it's okay Jomo, no hard feelings taken. It seems that she would post a comment to me, and then apologize if it came off rude or harsh. I wonder if she was doing it on purpose to see if I would respond. I did yesterday, and apologized.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag is allllll I gotta say !!! I haven't been on, haven't had the time, but whew, here we go ONCE AGAIN !!!!

So I'm confused WHERE did JOMO say she didn't LIKE your story ??? I think I missed that somewhere. I love the story so far, patois and everything and I do seem to skim over the patois parts and I think I miss what's truly being said and then I have to go back and re-read....but sitting waiting for soccer practice 3 nights a week, gives me that time. "I" don't personally speak it at all, but fully understand it being around patois for over 10 yrs!

The other comments about JOMO telling her husband this and that ..."runnin" him, ya know.... just ridiculous !!! I too, "run" my husband -if that's what you want to call it !!! He's been here for 17 months now and STILL acts like an immature child!! We've been through ALOT in our relationship and I have given him ALL the help, guidance, support, lessons to learn, tools, etc etc etc. I have been more than patient in this so called marriage. MY HUSBAND CHANGED when he came here. HE has chosen to be "stuck" in his Jamaican past with violence, rudeness, disrespect and HE has NOT once grown from the experience that he has had here.

It has been said, over and over and over again in this yardie thread.....that there are only a FEW relationships that are "still in tact" and that are truly happy, healthy, prosperous and whatever other positive words you want to use. "MY" relationship SUCKS and I DO want out and I DO want him to leave!! He KNOWS that, we've talked about it till the cows come home. He makes alllllllllllll kinds of promises to be a better man, take care of his responsibilities, be a better husband and stepfather, ladidada..... but I NEVER see that, ever !!!! "I" canNOT kick the LOSER out of my house, but he also will NOT leave on his own !!!! He tries his best to make MY life a living he&&, but I will NOT allow him to do that. "I" AM a strong woman!! My son and I are both STRONG individuals that have a very tight relationship. My son and I talk about what's acceptable and not acceptable all the time. My son asked Craig over the weekend -AGAIN- WHY has he changed so much and that he liked the guy that he knew in Jamaica and when he first came here..... Craig's response is, your mother has changed too!!! But Craig does NOT GET the reason that "I" have changed towards him and OUR marriage is that "I" caught him having a relationship with another farrin woman....went on for 9 months that "I" know about. Anyone that has read my posts in previous yardie threads knows this. I told him to GO and be with her if that is who he truly wanted to be with. "I" have caught him numerous times giving women his cell phone number (and vice/versa). He does NOT help with bills and responsibilities around the home. He has NOT once stepped up to be a supportive and positive role model to my child. We have talked and communicated our feelings, emotions, etc etc .... it works for a day and then WHAM back to being an A-hole the next !!!!

I admire ANYones relationship that works....I truly envy those that are in JA/American relationships that work !!! but they are far and few between that "I" know of !!!!

I also know that "I" will (me and my son) be absolutely fine. I do not need a man to make me feel good about myself. Craig is the one with serious and I mean serious -especially- anger issues !!!

Not everyone. Written Patois gives me a headache. Can't bother with it.

Good GOD! Do you even love your husband?! If not DIVORCE him!! I can't handle you bashing the man no more!

well i think that she does love her husband why would she got through all of this if she did not LOVE him.....she is not bashing him just stating what is happening and looking for some type of support system from this thread...i have met craig and stayed at their place for a week....he is a nice person would really help anyone....but he has problems that need to be addressed.....he has border line personality disorder and i feel my husband has this problem as well.....

:o Oh my. That would most def get him to leave. My hubby can't even stand to see a clean one. :no:

That reminds me of a funny story! My friends baby was about 1 1/2 years old and got into her box of tampons in the bathroom. Daddy was napping on the couch and she stuck one (it was clean) up his nose!!! He freaked out :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I'm not sure if I've ever said it, Jawi. I do look forward to your chuckles every day.

It's not Jawi! :no: Gil does the chuckles :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

JG- You out there?? How are you? Missed you! I see you are firmly imbeded in this society and causing trouble as always (just kidding!!). Well, not as much trouble as COREY caused anyway!!! That was unreal.

Anyways.....you know I'm not one to chit chat, I have an actual immigration question. If anyone knows this......I'm sure the answer is somewhere in plain site, but I don't have any spare time right now to look.

So, this is my question....youngster got his Advanced Parole recently. But we dare not leave the country yet because as I understand it, Advance Parole doesn't actually protect him from banishment if he was out of status for over one year (which he was). We have our interview on December 7. Does anyone know if there is some "Stamp" you get in your passport the same day if the interview is succesful/approved? Like, before he gets his green card? Hi uncle told him so, but his uncle went through the process 15 years ago!! We want to plan a trip to JA for Christmas, but obviously DON'T want to go with the AP paperwork alone. Anyone??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's been going pretty well. I could forward along a sample of my cover letter at some point. Otherwise, we just took the real relevant documents (title to our home, titles to our cars, joint banking, credit cards, etc.) and included those with the I-751 and the fee. I think cover letters really help keep it organized for the person reviewing the package. I also put our names on the bottom of each evidence page in very small type font so if anything fell out, they would know who it belongs to.

I would suggest getting a folder and photocopying some joint bills maybe every 4 months (again just 1 or 2) so that you have the evidence building and your not running around at the last minute.

That is so awesome!!! I hope you get approval quickly :yes: That is some great advice...thanks for sharing.

We have our interview on December 7. Does anyone know if there is some "Stamp" you get in your passport the same day if the interview is succesful/approved? Like, before he gets his green card? Hi uncle told him so, but his uncle went through the process 15 years ago!! We want to plan a trip to JA for Christmas, but obviously DON'T want to go with the AP paperwork alone. Anyone??

I think they still give you the stamp in your passport right at the interview. We didn't get one because we were missing a document that we had to fax them later. So we were approved, pending this document. However, it only took about 2 weeks to get the actual Green card.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
:o Oh my. That would most def get him to leave. My hubby can't even stand to see a clean one. :no:

That reminds me of a funny story! My friends baby was about 1 1/2 years old and got into her box of tampons in the bathroom. Daddy was napping on the couch and she stuck one (it was clean) up his nose!!! He freaked out :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Timeline
We have our interview on December 7. Does anyone know if there is some "Stamp" you get in your passport the same day if the interview is succesful/approved? Like, before he gets his green card? Hi uncle told him so, but his uncle went through the process 15 years ago!! We want to plan a trip to JA for Christmas, but obviously DON'T want to go with the AP paperwork alone. Anyone??

I think they still give you the stamp in your passport right at the interview. We didn't get one because we were missing a document that we had to fax them later. So we were approved, pending this document. However, it only took about 2 weeks to get the actual Green card.

They will give the stamp if you are approved AND your name checks have come back cleared. I know a lot of people (including us) that were approved at the interview but the FBI namecheck wasn't back yet, so no stamp. So it isn't a guarantee.

I am not so sure about traveling on AP when you have had an overstay...hopefully someone has some insight.

JG- You out there?? How are you? Missed you! I see you are firmly imbeded in this society and causing trouble as always (just kidding!!). Well, not as much trouble as COREY caused anyway!!! That was unreal.

Anyways.....you know I'm not one to chit chat, I have an actual immigration question. If anyone knows this......I'm sure the answer is somewhere in plain site, but I don't have any spare time right now to look.

So, this is my question....youngster got his Advanced Parole recently. But we dare not leave the country yet because as I understand it, Advance Parole doesn't actually protect him from banishment if he was out of status for over one year (which he was). We have our interview on December 7. Does anyone know if there is some "Stamp" you get in your passport the same day if the interview is succesful/approved? Like, before he gets his green card? Hi uncle told him so, but his uncle went through the process 15 years ago!! We want to plan a trip to JA for Christmas, but obviously DON'T want to go with the AP paperwork alone. Anyone??

We recieved the stamp. But we pleaded for it. We told the woman we had tickets to fly to JA and we were concerned that the green card wouldn't arrive before our trip started. It's called the I-551 Stamp. They do not like to give it out. We got lucky with a newbie at USCIS.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
He's immature, plain and simple..... he'll grow up someday, but "I" won't be around to see that happen. I said that "I" am training him to be a better person for the next one !!

Hey, Kelly

Sorry you are still going through this, I've been there done that. I was told the same thing, with my x-husband, I went and got a restraining order :blink: what good did that do :angry: I packed my bags and got the hell out of dodge, yes it was my home, one I worked hard to get, remodeled the entire home with my hard earned money. We had two cars a nice home, all paid for by yours truely. But guess what? I didn't care anymore, my happiness meant soo much more. I left it all and had to start over from scratch. No one should have to through what you are going through. I seh leave his a$$ sitting der and move on. I know it's easier said than done, esp with all this immigration suff, but something has to give, I'm all for working thing out but then again life is too short.

One point I think we all may be forgetting is that however this plays out, if they split up she is financially responsible for him....remember the forms we have to sign? Some of you may not be there yet; but is is a reality you will all face. We legally agree to suport our SO for 40 working quarters.........that is 10 YEARS.

All I am saying here is she has much to figure out if she decides to leave or kick him out. It's not as easy as I am envisioning it, I know that.

She won't be financially responsible if he's illegal...remember they haven't filed AOS

I thought they had filed AOS and he has a 2 year green card.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

that is too funny

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats for the CSC transfer :yes:

Please send me a copy of that cover letter - I want to start getting the docs prepared now so come next May all we have to do is submit the $$ and paperwork.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Ok since we are on the topic of removing conditions...I have a question for y'all...

So me and the hubby are working on things and they are getting better everyday but we don't live together currently and haven't since May. We probably won't be back living together before it is time to file (Feb). Do you think this will be a big problem? We can't get the typical evidence together because we don't have the same address. What would you all do for evidence? How would you address it in the RC packet? It will be obvious since we don't have the same address.

Timeline

Would I make you smile if I said that I have TWO copies of the following in folders:

Joint bank accounts

Joint bills

Joint Rental agreement

Junk mail with his name on it

All insurance policies, either joint or with one of us as beneficiary for the other.

Copies of our Advanced Directives, listing each other as responsible party in life-threatening emergencies

2006 joint Tax return

The health insurance letter thingee that comes when we stopped him covered under mine (something about continuous coverage or something like that) a copy of that old insurance card with his name on it and my employer, and a copy of the hospital bills we had for him under said insurance.

Copies of joint credit cards

Joint YMCA membership

Color Copies of scrapbook pages of us at different events thus far: 6 Flags, Christmas, In Washington, D.C., 4th of July Parade, Friend's weddings, Pumpkin patch, our link up with other VJ'ers a few weeks ago.....Note: My pages inlude names, dates, and lots of pictures with us around other people. I also tried to use different seasons to show continual togetherness. Probably didn't say that right; but you probably get the point.

I still have to have the title of my car transferred in both our names. They are driving my crazy with their runaround.

I will add 2007 tax return and anything else that come up till August.

Otherwise, I have saved, copied, collated, and filed pretty much from the day of the AOS. I know, I know....I'm #######. But I'm scared. And, I WILL NOT be running around doing all this later. I'll fill out the paperwork, bind it all together somehow, add a check, and send it off. Doesnt' that sound wonderfully easy? Not the story of my life, so we'll just see.

Anyhow, if you can think of anything else, hollar. I'm all ears on suggestions.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.