Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Please know I wasn't talking about one person in particular AT ALL. I was just talking about these subjects coming up over and over and the same type of things being said over and over and in the end we all just agree to disagree. I am just tired to the same convos happening over and over about the same stuff. I am pretty sure we are well aware of where most people stand on the hot topic issues...do we really need to bring it up and go over it again and again in such a short amount of time? It just seems like a vicious circle that gets us nowhere.

I know what u saying...no tink mi no get it..but nobody nah listen so mek dem sey wah dem affi seh..if new ppl coming on here saying the same things others b4 did a seh maybe the "problem" is still around...like mi seh if a comment to mek an impact pon mi ..mi nah reply..just keep it movin zi mi...

walk good (F)

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Please know I wasn't talking about one person in particular AT ALL. I was just talking about these subjects coming up over and over and the same type of things being said over and over and in the end we all just agree to disagree. I am just tired to the same convos happening over and over about the same stuff. I am pretty sure we are well aware of where most people stand on the hot topic issues...do we really need to bring it up and go over it again and again in such a short amount of time? It just seems like a vicious circle that gets us nowhere.

I know what u saying...no tink mi no get it..but nobody nah listen so mek dem sey wah dem affi seh..if new ppl coming on here saying the same things others b4 did a seh maybe the "problem" is still around...like mi seh if a comment to mek an impact pon mi ..mi nah reply..just keep it movin zi mi...

walk good (F)

Kimmy

I hear ya! It wasn't so much that I thought you didn't get it...just got me to thinking of how it could be interpreted and wanted to clarify before it caused anything more.

Much Love :star:

Timeline

walk good (F)

Kimmy

I hear ya! It wasn't so much that I thought you didn't get it...just got me to thinking of how it could be interpreted and wanted to clarify before it caused anything more.

Much Love :star:

Every ting criss :star:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know that you all had all day to talk about this but I have yet to say my piece:

#1. When I commented on JG statement about patois, I was insinuating that I was too far behind to try and catch up with the reading. I actually printed out the story at work but haven't had the time to read it. For me patois isn't something that I can't keep up with because thats all I have been hearing and speaking my entire life.

#2. I cannot believe that you are upset because some people decided that didn't want to follow up with your story. Are you kidding me? I am also a strong BLACK women who is well educated and choose to address all issues. Jawi, from the looks of things, you are very talented but I cannot believe that you started all of this animosity and bullshi# because some people aren't interested in reading your story. In this thread we have choices and options and no one has the right in this forum to take that away from anyone.

#3 Quite honestly JG you are better than me because no one is going to tell me how I should talk or speak about my man. Better yet how I should run my household. You got some nerve to step out of line and question someone about how they run their household. If she wants to bash her man MON-SUN than so be it. Thats HER JA man, HER house, and THEIR life. If she decided that she wanted to share HER stories on this website than that is HER choice and HER business. (please go back and read the things that you said about JG and her husband---- to me thats way out of line)

JG you might not agree but that is the way I see it.

I have listened to some stories in this thread about their relationships and sometimes I want to comment but guess what, its not my relationship or my problems. All I can do is offer support or suggestions when ASKED of me to do so.

After this posting I know that there will be many replies but I gotta keep it real.

Does negativity always have to keep the thread going? It was slow for awhile and I guess this how people wanted to pick things up!

Yes, everything is written in plain english so that no one can misconstrude any comments or remarks.

Edited by 12/11/2006

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

Shonnie,

Jawi didn't get upset at Jomo b/c she didn't want to read the story, it's b/c she said something to the effect ..I DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED PATOIS GIVE HER A HEADACHE..something like that...Jomo and Jawi said their piece and mi put mi jokes in deh to..dem deh pon a level with each right now..

Mi nah talk for anyone I'm just trying to make things clear. Mek mi know if I did

Kimmy

Filed: Other Timeline
Question: Do any of you buy saltfish in your area? I found saltfish online for 3.99/lb boneless and skinless :thumbs: Problem is the shipping is MORE than the fish itself! We can't find any in our area...if you have it in your area...what is the cost? Is 3.99 a good deal and should I just suck it up on the shipping?

We have it here in the Farmer's Market for about that price, no shipping cost. Have you tried the Farmer's Market in your area? You should also check local meat/fish markets to see if they can get it for you. I can't find ackee to go with my saltfish. I can't find fresh calaloo either. :crying::crying:

Hope you find a great deal though. :thumbs:

We have it here as well 4.99-6.99 a pound :angry:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
This is just getting so old...I know that everyone has the right to say whatever they want and this is an open public forum blah blah blah...

It is just starting to feel like all we are doing is Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif and goingaroundincircle.gif

Right it is public...no one here has to be friends with anyone ..they can say what they want even if they say it the apologize and go back and say the same thing again. If it no fi u just move one I guess..so Marlita say what she want even if no one else gives a damn. No one persons word stands stronger than anyone elses on here..no matter the content..all mi hear is ppl no waan hear di bad things that happen in a relationship..my ting is wah mi a search fi something that is not there for ? everybody go tru dem ting if dem waan share a fi dem business dat..all mi know is MY MARRIAGE nah go no weh no matter wah nobody seh....

Well said!

Shonnie,

Jawi didn't get upset at Jomo b/c she didn't want to read the story, it's b/c she said something to the effect ..I DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED PATOIS GIVE HER A HEADACHE..something like that...Jomo and Jawi said their piece and mi put mi jokes in deh to..dem deh pon a level with each right now..

Mi nah talk for anyone I'm just trying to make things clear. Mek mi know if I did

Kimmy

Yup! You did :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Updated list

Still going strong (L) :

Rhonda & Tony

Mindy

Jomo

Jonesie

Shemonya (sjb1221)

Elizabeth & Henry

Squitto

Julie (sbys)

Jax (Belwinmills)

Brownskin (Dee & Dave) - had their problems, but back on strong

Jamie & Andre

Myisha & Ricardo (ricardoswife)

Darah & Henry (doodle)

Morantbaygirl(Tanya and Verton White) love each other like cooked food

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Question: Do any of you buy saltfish in your area? I found saltfish online for 3.99/lb boneless and skinless :thumbs: Problem is the shipping is MORE than the fish itself! We can't find any in our area...if you have it in your area...what is the cost? Is 3.99 a good deal and should I just suck it up on the shipping?

We have it here in the Farmer's Market for about that price, no shipping cost. Have you tried the Farmer's Market in your area? You should also check local meat/fish markets to see if they can get it for you. I can't find ackee to go with my saltfish. I can't find fresh calaloo either. :crying::crying:

Hope you find a great deal though. :thumbs:

Jawi

The 285 Farmers Market on Covington Hwy and 285 always have Calaloo and often have canned Akee. Fresh breadfruit.

The Kingston Market across the street near the unemployment office have several things too.

really? I didn't see the canned ackee or fresh calaloo the last time I was there. Do they have yams too?

Yes and Dasheen too

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Can I ask what you all mean when you say you encourage him to go back to school and that kind of thing? I always take this kind of thing as women saying they feel the man wasn't schooled enough and for this reason I feel looked down upon. I read talk of ESL classes, college classes, GED's, all that kind of thing.

Now, I'm not saying it's bad talk nor is it a bad idea. I'm just wondering how your SO feels about additional schooling talk. Does he feel like you are saying you are smarter then him? Does he resent the topic?

Jomo my husband didn't have alot of chances to go to school due to finaces . He is very happy about the chance to go to school. He is working on his GED now. H ejust takes it as a chance to better himself not for me but for him.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The school thing...

Andre was fortunate to get an Agriculture Certificate when he went to boarding school after high school...kind of like a prep college I guess. I encourage him to go to school here mainly because I know he has big dreams of what he wants to do in the future for a job and you can't do that here without a degree/license. It is usually him who brings it up...he would like to get a journeyman license or something similar from the tech school in town. He probably won't do that for a bit but it is one of his goals down the road. He wants to be able to have a job that can support a family and not just us. I think that is a very wonderful goal to have so I encourage him in any way I can.

Edited by Yardiewife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.