Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not everyone. Written Patois gives me a headache. Can't bother with it.

You are funny. Several of us have seen you in the thread early mornings. Why, if you can't be bothered? You know what never mind. Keep talking about your p whipped husband. I'm done. :angry:

:o

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Everyone,

I apologize for the rude comment I just made. I'm in a lot of pain, and very aggravated. It is no excuse for my lashing out at Jomo. I am not trying to make excuses because I responded in anger and before I thought about my comments. I just wanted to apologize before anybody says anything.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You are funny. Several of us have seen you in the thread early mornings. Why, if you can't be bothered? You know what never mind. Keep talking about your p whipped husband. I'm done. :angry:

If you must know, because I am bored and trolling for something to read. I read the chat you guys write in there. It's always interesting. Don't act surprised about the other. I've never made it a secret that written patois gives me a headache.

p whipped? Oh how funny. Jealous, maybe?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

If you must know, because I am bored and trolling for something to read. I read the chat you guys write in there. It's always interesting. Don't act surprised about the other. I've never made it a secret that written patois gives me a headache.

I am not going to trade quips with you Jomo. I apologized through PM and in the forum. I am a woman and can admit when I let anger get the best of me. We have been cool in the past, and I hope we can remain cool. The END.

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

I am not going to trade quips with you Jomo. I apologized through PM and in the forum. I am a woman and can admit when I let anger get the best of me. The END.

Your PM just popped up as I sent that. I answered you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Everyone,

I apologize for the rude comment I just made. I'm in a lot of pain, and very aggravated. It is no excuse for my lashing out at Jomo. I am not trying to make excuses because I responded in anger and before I thought about my comments. I just wanted to apologize before anybody says anything.

So no one speculates, I didn't take her comment the wrong way anyhow.

You will find that no matter what people may think of my husband or our relationship, I don't really let comments like those effect me. Believe me when I say I have heard much worse. I'v always chalked it up as jealous and moved on.

And, maybe what I said came out wrong. I do apologize for that. I read your comments nearly every day on the story. And, I troll for anything interesting to read sometimes. The story itself, well, I've never made it a secret that written Patois gives me a headache. It is what it is.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Howdy! I'm still around!

To the Kellys : Did you get my voicemail message and new number?

Shauna: Tough choice but kudos for looking out for yourself and baby!

What's up with the hostility? Can't we all just get along?

Jomo and I handled the situation quickly and as civily as it could be. I apologized, she accepted. Did you miss all of that exchange? It was a misunderstanding, and we are good. There are no hard feelings, at least not on my part. We will not always agree or get along...that's real...that's real people and life. I'm not sure if Jomo will come and post that things are cool with us. I'm good.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Question: Do any of you buy saltfish in your area? I found saltfish online for 3.99/lb boneless and skinless :thumbs: Problem is the shipping is MORE than the fish itself! We can't find any in our area...if you have it in your area...what is the cost? Is 3.99 a good deal and should I just suck it up on the shipping?

Timeline
Question: Do any of you buy saltfish in your area? I found saltfish online for 3.99/lb boneless and skinless :thumbs: Problem is the shipping is MORE than the fish itself! We can't find any in our area...if you have it in your area...what is the cost? Is 3.99 a good deal and should I just suck it up on the shipping?

We have it here in the Farmer's Market for about that price, no shipping cost. Have you tried the Farmer's Market in your area? You should also check local meat/fish markets to see if they can get it for you. I can't find ackee to go with my saltfish. I can't find fresh calaloo either. :crying::crying:

Hope you find a great deal though. :thumbs:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

We have it here in the Farmer's Market for about that price, no shipping cost. Have you tried the Farmer's Market in your area? You should also check local meat/fish markets to see if they can get it for you. I can't find ackee to go with my saltfish. I can't find fresh calaloo either. :crying::crying:

Hello VJ family.

I tried calling our local Caribbean market but they wouldn't give me a quote over the phone. And I'm not sure when we're going back to the market.

Jawi - can you get canned ackee in ATL? We have it here for $11 a can. We saw fresh calaloo last week but Damien didn't buy any :bonk:

Timeline

Do you have Hispanics in your area? If you do find out where they do their shopping. Their supermarkets mostly cater to their types of foods and you would be surprised that many of the foods they eat are similar to ours. I shop at their supermarkets when I want Ja stuff. The supermarket is called Compare and can be found in other states (I think--one was in NYC when I lived there).

You can also try to find a Phillipino grocery. The ones near me carrry a lot of Caribbean stuff.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Hello VJ family.

I tried calling our local Caribbean market but they wouldn't give me a quote over the phone. And I'm not sure when we're going back to the market.

Jawi - can you get canned ackee in ATL? We have it here for $11 a can. We saw fresh calaloo last week but Damien didn't buy any :bonk:

They used to sell it here...but I can't find it at all now. I saw it online for $14 a can plus shipping. :blink:

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

Hello VJ family.

They used to sell it here...but I can't find it at all now. I saw it online for $14 a can plus shipping. :blink:

It's probably $14 here too. Damien refuses to buy "tin" ackee but he'll go to a restuarant and pay $14 for ackee & saltfish, boiled yam, banana, calaloo and dumping :wacko:

Maybe I'll find a receipe and try to make it this weekend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.