Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My husband got his Green Card in the Mail today!! [/size]:dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!!

Thanks Rhonda :thumbs:

Congrats!!

I am soooo jealous lol!

No I'm jealous of you and that beautiful baby :thumbs:

Me too!!! :yes: I am so in love :wub: If you ever need a babysitter...I don't mind traveling the 3,000 miles :lol:

well can't say our baby will be as cute as hers.(jaenglish he is just the cutest little thing)...but i'll sign you up for us to babysit.... :lol:

ok before i stress myself out too much....i just checked uscis....and they message changed....

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

does this mean we are still in cali or were we transfered out?

Your case should be here in Cali... Sounds like your green card soon come :dance:

oh i pray....other people have said on vj it may take a month until we get approved....last thing I need is to get ready for a interview :lol:

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Let me just say how frustrated I am getting. My husband has a Megaphone (we have had one before) and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get through to! We havent had more than a minute conversation in about THREE DAYS!!!

Everytime I hear "We're sorry your call cannot be completed at this time" I imagine myself sticking my hand through the phone all the way to Jamaica and telling them what a CRAPPY business they are running..

Which leads me to the "if my husband didn't loose every single phone he got then this would not be a problem right now"

Shew!!

Ok..just wanted to vent.

That feels a little better :)

I'm sorry to hear you Megaphone doesn't work. Did you bought one from them? I bought one and it drove my fiance crazy, so he brought down a Verizon razor V3c for me and it works perfectly, they gave me a new # and 1 month credit. You can also receive calls from the US. Each conversation last 25 minutes. I live in Kingston so i don't know if the service is different in the country area.

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Timeline

:ot:

Well I have decided to end my journey before it even fully began. I have been focusing my attention on a few red flags and decided after much thought and prayer to end my relationship. I want to thank each and every one of you for the advice that I was given. This thread and every thing I have learned from it was truely a blessing. It opened my eyes and and I am very thankful for it. There are alot of strong and beautiful woman here! And even though I am ending my journey you aren't going to get rid of me that easy, lol. I enjoy talking to you guys and reading Jawi's fabulous story! I still have a huge love for Jamaica and its people. And just because "D" wasn't right for me doesn't mean every man in Jamaica is the same. The tears have been shed and now I am at peace with my decision. So onto a new chapter in my life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear this classychic, please pm me if you would like.

Well I have decided to end my journey before it even fully began. I have been focusing my attention on a few red flags and decided after much thought and prayer to end my relationship. I want to thank each and every one of you for the advice that I was given. This thread and every thing I have learned from it was truely a blessing. It opened my eyes and and I am very thankful for it. There are alot of strong and beautiful woman here! And even though I am ending my journey you aren't going to get rid of me that easy, lol. I enjoy talking to you guys and reading Jawi's fabulous story! I still have a huge love for Jamaica and its people. And just because "D" wasn't right for me doesn't mean every man in Jamaica is the same. The tears have been shed and now I am at peace with my decision. So onto a new chapter in my life.

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ahhhh Chica,

I'm sorry...but I am proud of you, fi real!!! You followed our advice and kept your eyes open. It can be very difficult to follow your head and not your heart during theses times. Just know that we're here if you need us!

Blessed (L),

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

I won't say I'm sorry, I'll say I'm GLAD you realized and accepted that this was the right decision to make!

You deserve a wonderful man in your life and I am happy you aren't accepting less than you deserve...I hope the tears will pass soon and your road to healing is a short one

No I'm jealous of you and that beautiful baby :thumbs:

Awww, we can share!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Me too!!! :yes: I am so in love :wub: If you ever need a babysitter...I don't mind traveling the 3,000 miles :lol:

Lol....I've always wanted to see Cali, so maybe we can do room service :lol:

well can't say our baby will be as cute as hers.(jaenglish he is just the cutest little thing)...but i'll sign you up for us to babysit.... :lol:

mixed babies are ALWAYS cute, so yours will be GORGEOUS!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I commend you for following your instincts and pray for your continued strength and healing. Don't be a stranger! ((Hugs))

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I'm so sorry, Classy. I know the decision was difficult to make; but if it what you feel then it is. I believe you should always go with your instincts.

You deserve someone as special as you are.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Almost done :yes: ...one more to go!! I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- this one goes out for anyone that has ever been CHEWED UP by the annoying likkle pests! :angry:

The Dread & The Mosquito

A "dread" was living in rural Jamaica in a community that had no electricity supply.

One evening he was reading his Bible (Macabee version) and meditating, assisted by lighting from a bedside lamp (Home Sweet Home), but was bothered by the constant nuisance of some mosquitoes.

He could bear it no longer so he decided to cover up under his sheet in bed, but it was useless as the mosquitoes kept biting him on his ears through the sheet.

He got up and blew out the lamp and went back under the sheets, hoping that the mosquitoes would not be able to bother him if they could not see him. The Mosquitoes did not bite him for a few minutes giving the "dread" hope that his so-called plan had worked out perfectly.

Now he was only hearing the constant "humming' of them flying around in the room. It was getting real hot under the sheets, so the "dread" decided that he would take off the sheet as it was too dark for the mosquitoes to see him now.

When he removed the sheets, lay on his back and looked up in the ceiling, he saw a 'peenie wallie' (Firefly) flying around. The "dread" shouted out "BlOODCLAATT!! DEM CUM BACK WID FLASHLIGHT FI I AND I !!"

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I'm so sorry, Classy. I know the decision was difficult to make; but if it what you feel then it is. I believe you should always go with your instincts.

You deserve someone as special as you are.

Ditto to the fullest !!! I commend you for being so strong!

Timeline

I wish I could spell and use proper grammer this early in the morning.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
It's interesting because here in the US they are fighting to teach homosexual equality and unions as a family type and in JA they are outraged because it was mentioned.

The US is fighting for it and JA is fighting against it...very interesting.

JA has bigger problems then that...........

Robbers gone mad!

published: Thursday | November 1, 2007

WHILE the heavens were releasing showers over most of the island yesterday, gunmen were driving fear into staff and patients at the Bellevue Hospital in Kingston.

Lambert Kelly, a security supervisor at the hospital, told The Gleaner that the bandits hit the hospital about 2:00 p.m.

The security guard said two young men, one of them armed with a handgun, held up a member of staff and took him into the emergency room where staff, students and patients were.

No older than 13

The gunmen, he said, demanded jewellery, money and cellular phones. One of them, he said, was no older than 13 years old.

"They got a cellular phone and a car key," he told The Gleaner, adding that persons were forced to scamper for cover.

It is not the first time that staff and patients at the Bellevue Hospital had been robbed. According to Hugh Porter, the hospital's chief executive officer, it has become a constant practice, aided by the absence of a perimeter fence to secure the facility.

Yesterday, he told The Gleaner that he was happy nobody was injured in the latest incident, and repeated his call for the completion of the perimeter fence to help secure persons at the psychiatric facility.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Almost done :yes: ...one more to go!! I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- this one goes out for anyone that has ever been CHEWED UP by the annoying likkle pests! :angry:

The Dread & The Mosquito

A "dread" was living in rural Jamaica in a community that had no electricity supply.

One evening he was reading his Bible (Macabee version) and meditating, assisted by lighting from a bedside lamp (Home Sweet Home), but was bothered by the constant nuisance of some mosquitoes.

He could bear it no longer so he decided to cover up under his sheet in bed, but it was useless as the mosquitoes kept biting him on his ears through the sheet.

He got up and blew out the lamp and went back under the sheets, hoping that the mosquitoes would not be able to bother him if they could not see him. The Mosquitoes did not bite him for a few minutes giving the "dread" hope that his so-called plan had worked out perfectly.

Now he was only hearing the constant "humming' of them flying around in the room. It was getting real hot under the sheets, so the "dread" decided that he would take off the sheet as it was too dark for the mosquitoes to see him now.

When he removed the sheets, lay on his back and looked up in the ceiling, he saw a 'peenie wallie' (Firefly) flying around. The "dread" shouted out "BlOODCLAATT!! DEM CUM BACK WID FLASHLIGHT FI I AND I !!"

LLLLAAWWWDDD :lol::crying::lol:

Blood vessel arready buss inna mi yeye dis mawnin an now dis - a kill yuh try fi kill me :lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.