Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everybody thanks for the kind words, yesterday certainly wasn't as bad as it could have been. Now I am hunting down a doctor to give Marlon the last of the Hep series, yee-haw! lol Other than that just working and trying to look for a better paying job. Have a great day!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

:lol::lol::lol: Fi real!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone! Congrats on all these babies. This is one time I'm glad my man is far away, between you guys and the woman at work I know I'd be pregnant too! Its in the water every where. :lol: Congrats on all the new cars too. Now I'll take one of those.

Edited by classychic77

Filed: Timeline

Wow.

Been in Jawi's thread.

Hot darn!

*fanning*

*wicked grin*

Hi everyone! Congrats on all these babies. This is one time I'm glad my man is far away, between you guys and the woman at work I know I'd be pregnant too! Its in the water every where. :lol: Congrats on all the new cars too. Now I'll take one of those.

I so wanna baby but we have talked and decided to wait quite awhile.

*tick-tock*

I'm not getting any younger.... *sigh*

My husband got his Green Card in the Mail today!! [/size]:dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

:ot:

So I am preparing to make our JA black Christmas cake. I am gonna start soaking the raisins but I don't have any Red Label. What is a good substitute that I could find here locally? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey, what is JA black x-mas cake???? I want some too :yes: What's in it?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

So I am preparing to make our JA black Christmas cake. I am gonna start soaking the raisins but I don't have any Red Label. What is a good substitute that I could find here locally? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey, what is JA black x-mas cake???? I want some too :yes: What's in it?

INGREDIENTS

5 lbs mixed dried fruits (raisins,currants, prunes, cherries.

¼lb chopped nuts

½ lb mixed citrus peel

1½ to 2 lbs brown sugar

2 tbsp mixed spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg etc)

10 eggs

1 cup rum

12 ozs flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 lb margarine

1 tsp. salt

1 cup port wine

1 tbsp vanilla essence

1 tbsp almond essence

1 cup water

¼ lb pineapple jam

Browning

METHOD

Mince the fruit and soak in 1 cup of rum with spices, essences, nuts, jam and ¼ lb sugar

Mix ingredients well and put in a jar, cover and allow mixture to steep for 3 weeks or more.

When ready to bake, cook fruit over a low heat with 1 cup of water for 15 minutes.(This preliminary cooking of the fruit shortens baking time of cake and reduces the possibility of the cake burning.)

Cream the butter/margarine and remaining sugar well and add eggs beating in one at a time.Then add this to the fruit mixture.

Stir in enough browning to make the mixture dark brown in color. Add the flour and baking powder last.

Place mixture into baking pans -greased and lined with 2 sheets of waxed paper. Fill the pans ¾ full.

Bake in a 300 degree gas mark 2 oven for 2½ to 3 hours. Test with skewer before removing from oven.

As soon as cakes are removed from oven, ####### all over with skewer and pour slowly over them a mixture of rum and wine which the cakes will absorb.

Allow to remain in baking pans for 2 to 3 days to fully absorb liquor before serving.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Wow.

Been in Jawi's thread.

Hot darn!

*fanning*

*wicked grin*

I so wanna baby but we have talked and decided to wait quite awhile.

*tick-tock*

I'm not getting any younger.... *sigh*

we wanted to wait to...as in we i mean ME.....but i thought the damn antibiotic was out of my system....i guessed wrong....but it all happens for a reason....

Timeline
Hello All,

Not sure if this is the right thread to say hello in, but HELLO anyway...

I'm a bit new to the site and after lurking around for a while, this thread seems like the best of all. I'm currently dating a guy that lives in Jamaica and will be filing really soon. I may have some questions since the process is new to me, so I hope I can get some good advice from some of you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sun :)

Is this who I think it is? Miss Mojito?????????

You know it....

Hey girly. How's it going?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

well on some other interesting news...i called me senators office...and the got some news about mike's case....apparently all this time his case has been in FBI and fingerprint check....everything came back ok yesterday and from what i understand it then goes to the next office where it can take up to 2 weeks to retrieve the case and go onto the next step?? so i guess we are soon done??? not sure.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

HAPPY HUMP DAY HALLOWEEN!!! :halloween:

Have a great day!!

Bless

Gill

P.S.- This one goes out for all our expectant and recent Mama's-CONGRATS :luv:

********************************************************************************

The 20 Lb Baby

A Jamaican buys a round of drinks for all in the bar because, he announces his wife has just produced "a typical Jamaican baby boy weighing 20 pounds."

Congratulations shower him from all around, and many exclamations of "Wow!" are heard. A woman faints due to sympathy pains.

Two weeks later, he returns to the bar. The bartender says "Say, you're the father of the typical Jamaican baby that weighed 20 pounds at birth. How much does he weigh now?"

The proud father answers, "Fifteen pounds."

The bartender is puzzled, concerned. "Why? What happened? I thought you said he weighed 20 pounds at birth?"

The Jamaican father takes a slow sip from his Red Stripe beer, wipes his lips on his shirtsleeve, leans into the bartender and proudly says, "We had him circumcised."

********************************************************************************

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks!

Oh you good girl. I have never tried to make that thing. I just get other people to make it. :whistle: My stepmonster makes a really, really good black cake. It's amazing but for so many west indians Christmas isn't Christmas without it.

Hey do you know in the US they call people c___blockers - i.e. when someone stands in your way of getting with a guy or girl. They won't go away and leave you to mac. Well in Guyana such a person is called a black cake. Why, you ask? Well....because they won't go away...like the xmas black cake that is still around in February no matter how much you eat and give away, there is ALWAYS black cake around. :lol::yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

ok before i stress myself out too much....i just checked uscis....and they message changed....

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

does this mean we are still in cali or were we transfered out?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Let me just say how frustrated I am getting. My husband has a Megaphone (we have had one before) and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get through to! We havent had more than a minute conversation in about THREE DAYS!!!

Everytime I hear "We're sorry your call cannot be completed at this time" I imagine myself sticking my hand through the phone all the way to Jamaica and telling them what a CRAPPY business they are running..

Which leads me to the "if my husband didn't loose every single phone he got then this would not be a problem right now"

Shew!!

Ok..just wanted to vent.

That feels a little better :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Let me just say how frustrated I am getting. My husband has a Megaphone (we have had one before) and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get through to! We havent had more than a minute conversation in about THREE DAYS!!!

Everytime I hear "We're sorry your call cannot be completed at this time" I imagine myself sticking my hand through the phone all the way to Jamaica and telling them what a CRAPPY business they are running..

Which leads me to the "if my husband didn't loose every single phone he got then this would not be a problem right now"

Shew!!

Ok..just wanted to vent.

That feels a little better :)

I didn't know you could call the megaphone? I thought they could only make out-going overseas calls. :help:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.