Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning!

Rhonda and Jonesie ~ Are you guys going to have a baby gift registry? If so could you let me know...either here or email?

Elizabeth ~ Sending tons of baby dust your way :)

Andre's sister died of sickle cell and his brother has traits of it. It is a pretty touchy subject in his family as well :( Many prayers going out to those that are affected.

I think a lot of Jamaicans forget that the laws are different here and there is more of a technical legal system. I know we had to have tons of talks about this...and still do.

Please all take note of my new member title :lol: I was awarded the title yesterday :whistle::lol:

Oh so we competin again? LOL LOL LOL!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bring it on girl! :dance:

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
In my opinion, Lilly wants to show the world what he is.

If something similar happened to me, this would be the TIP of the iceberg.

I don't blame her, apart from mentioning where Nicky lives if that's something that Nicky hasn't put out there.

Can't see why Lilly SHOULDN'T post it if it's true.

I agree JaEnglish. Lilly welcome to the board and I'm sorry that you're going thru this - my prayers go out to you, as well as you Nicky.

yup....i think this happens a lot...and i really would want someone to tell me if they knew my man....and this is one of the down sides for going through this process

What bothers me is that ppl are getting upset with Lilly because she posted here, but the culprit is the "man" they both share. Why is none of the blame on him? He's the one deceiving both women (and probably even more women none of us know about). It's a shame...

no i dont think u all are getting where my anger is coming from with this please re read what i said its wrong what happen to them both however, all that was stated in this post by lilly was ALREADY SPOKEN TO WITH NICKY EVERYTHING this woman talk to nicky and they both shared their stories so what has me upset is that she joined this site to air what they spoke of PERSONALLY what is the purpose if u have already done this with nikki ????someone i need help in understa nding that this is ok

so please tell me now if i was seein ur man and we both found out we shared the same fiance etc....and me and you talk abt it in private off and on all day....then i go join the site u frequent, air it all and you havent, detail for detail and splash a foto and links to blogs etccc...how would u feel. you have to look at it that way as welll what would be the purpose now if someone can get me to understand that then maybe i can begin to see it a different way seriously im open to seein it in a different light but based on facts presented i cant right now woman to woman i would not have put her on blast like that if she had not even come to this thread to express what happen on her own i question her motives on this post

U ain't never lied!!!!!! I commend lily for approaching the situation but it seems to me that she feels like the better person because she obviously wasn't as deep into it as Nicky is. But, then I also see it as being great because now we all get to see what this ####### looks like and forewarn others if anyone has pursued him now on in the near future. Believe me, these two are not the only ones. I have been in this situation before (not paper filing) with a gigalo from JA and wished that I had his picture to post on here so that i could let everyone know. His name is ASTON BROOKS aka TONY who hangs out in Montego Bay Margaritaville and does not know how to read or write ( how are you a gigalo and can't read and write?) and has a scar on his face (forehead to nose) I can laugh at it now but I was messed up bad when I found out. I had sent money because of the sad stories and all types of stuff. But, Karma is great and i know it will come back to him. He had women from all over but had his main squeeze back in JA with him and she is the one who called me. You can never be too careful with these types of relationship because all many of them see is the "papers". Not to say that they aren't in love also but believe me traveling is just as important to them. I told my fiance....I don't have a problem helping you out with papers but please don't let that be all its about. I mean we talked (and still talk) about this daily. Communication is key.

And, be mindful of that whole super privacy thing coming from your SO. Some people are truly private but we just have to be careful. My SO just asked me tonight why I didn't put our pic up but I told him i didn't know how to and if he would be okay with that. He doesn't have a prob with it.

Nicky i'm sorry about your pain right now and I don't know if you are up to listening but its not worth it. I would save myself from the stress and pain in the future. Even if he convinces you that he will change, you will always be thinking about it and the trust is just not going to be there like it was. You will find someone who is much more deserving of you. I'm glad it blew up in his face because you just don't treat people like that. Mind em come up and tun handicap or some sometin. Not wishing that on him but he is doing anything to get here and thats not fair to you or any of the other women.

This is absolutely not true. Lilly was in love with this guy. They discussed a future together. They were discussing and preparing for the visa process. She spent tons of money on trips, on phone calls, on gifts. Lilly was just as vested in the relationship. Maybe she didn't actually file for the visa or prepare for a wedding by sending out invitations (have we not all been warned not to do that before the visa is in hand anyhow?); but Lilly was just as deep into the relationship as Nicky was. Lilly's only triumph thus far has been that she immediately saw he was unworthy of her and dumped him.

Hey folks . . . me again. I met Corey at a street party and he pursued ME. I went for a walk on the beach with him the first night and I was charmed instantly. The following 3 evenings -- we spent together. The second evening together, Corey told me that he had "found love" . . . I kinda laughed, but . . . I felt the same way. We were so in sync with each other. When I left, we both said "I love you". I returned a month later for a weekend . . . to make sure (for myself) that it wasn't just a crazy island thang going on! He and I spent 48 hours basking in glory together (need I say more?). He took me to work and introduced me to his boss, co-workers, friends as his "lady". It was on that trip that we decided what we wanted for our future (although we had already talked about it before I left from the first trip.)

Yes . . . I fell in love with Corey . . . totally -- and I don't have any regrets about that. I wanted to file for a Visa right away -- but I have twin teenage daughters, and I knew that any decision I made would impact them considerably . . . so unlike the usual me, I became "rational" in my endeavors and decided that it was important to wait a full year from when we met to file for the Visa. In the meantime, Corey indicated that he was trying to come over on a Work Visa to be with me . . . and then on a couple of occasions, we talked about NOT waiting -- and filing . . .

Are you catching my drift? I don't feel that I'm BETTER than Nicky at all. I just feel luckier than her, because I had the benefit of "time" to find out who Corey really is! When I confronted him . . . he said "I love you both. I didn't expect this to go this far. It's all my fault." But -- he never apologized for any of it . . .

Currently, I'm respecting the healing process. I've stopped trying to find a logical rational reason "why" he did what he did . . . and I'm just trying to put it all in perspective.

Edited by lillywight

Timeline

I don't blame her, apart from mentioning where Nicky lives if that's something that Nicky hasn't put out there.

I agree JaEnglish. Lilly welcome to the board and I'm sorry that you're going thru this - my prayers go out to you, as well as you Nicky.

yup....i think this happens a lot...and i really would want someone to tell me if they knew my man....and this is one of the down sides for going through this process

What bothers me is that ppl are getting upset with Lilly because she posted here, but the culprit is the "man" they both share. Why is none of the blame on him? He's the one deceiving both women (and probably even more women none of us know about). It's a shame...

no i dont think u all are getting where my anger is coming from with this please re read what i said its wrong what happen to them both however, all that was stated in this post by lilly was ALREADY SPOKEN TO WITH NICKY EVERYTHING this woman talk to nicky and they both shared their stories so what has me upset is that she joined this site to air what they spoke of PERSONALLY what is the purpose if u have already done this with nikki ????someone i need help in understa nding that this is ok

so please tell me now if i was seein ur man and we both found out we shared the same fiance etc....and me and you talk abt it in private off and on all day....then i go join the site u frequent, air it all and you havent, detail for detail and splash a foto and links to blogs etccc...how would u feel. you have to look at it that way as welll what would be the purpose now if someone can get me to understand that then maybe i can begin to see it a different way seriously im open to seein it in a different light but based on facts presented i cant right now woman to woman i would not have put her on blast like that if she had not even come to this thread to express what happen on her own i question her motives on this post

U ain't never lied!!!!!! I commend lily for approaching the situation but it seems to me that she feels like the better person because she obviously wasn't as deep into it as Nicky is. But, then I also see it as being great because now we all get to see what this ####### looks like and forewarn others if anyone has pursued him now on in the near future. Believe me, these two are not the only ones. I have been in this situation before (not paper filing) with a gigalo from JA and wished that I had his picture to post on here so that i could let everyone know. His name is ASTON BROOKS aka TONY who hangs out in Montego Bay Margaritaville and does not know how to read or write ( how are you a gigalo and can't read and write?) and has a scar on his face (forehead to nose) I can laugh at it now but I was messed up bad when I found out. I had sent money because of the sad stories and all types of stuff. But, Karma is great and i know it will come back to him. He had women from all over but had his main squeeze back in JA with him and she is the one who called me. You can never be too careful with these types of relationship because all many of them see is the "papers". Not to say that they aren't in love also but believe me traveling is just as important to them. I told my fiance....I don't have a problem helping you out with papers but please don't let that be all its about. I mean we talked (and still talk) about this daily. Communication is key.

And, be mindful of that whole super privacy thing coming from your SO. Some people are truly private but we just have to be careful. My SO just asked me tonight why I didn't put our pic up but I told him i didn't know how to and if he would be okay with that. He doesn't have a prob with it.

Nicky i'm sorry about your pain right now and I don't know if you are up to listening but its not worth it. I would save myself from the stress and pain in the future. Even if he convinces you that he will change, you will always be thinking about it and the trust is just not going to be there like it was. You will find someone who is much more deserving of you. I'm glad it blew up in his face because you just don't treat people like that. Mind em come up and tun handicap or some sometin. Not wishing that on him but he is doing anything to get here and thats not fair to you or any of the other women.

This is absolutely not true. Lilly was in love with this guy. They discussed a future together. They were discussing and preparing for the visa process. She spent tons of money on trips, on phone calls, on gifts. Lilly was just as vested in the relationship. Maybe she didn't actually file for the visa or prepare for a wedding by sending out invitations (have we not all been warned not to do that before the visa is in hand anyhow?); but Lilly was just as deep into the relationship as Nicky was. Lilly's only triumph thus far has been that she immediately saw he was unworthy of her and dumped him.

AND, the fact that lilly....HER WORDS.....I'm thankful that I was smart enough to make him wait a year before I filed for a Visa, or I'd be in the same position Nicky is.

That's what we've said on this thread a TRILLION times ladies (gentlemen) if you do NOT ***know*** your man/woman that well, and are NOT familiar with the island, culture, their family, friends etc etc TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW THAT PERSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and please listen to those that have been there done that.

Love has a VERY powerful hold on you, especially when you've had shi*&ty relationships in the past and then here comes the person that promises you the moon, stars and whatever else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would be completely emotional reading your story, Lilly, if I weren't so pi$$ed about that fact that he was already engaged to Nicky and knee deep in the visa process by the time he met you. He's good, you know......real good. Just not as good as he thought he was. What a lying piece of dirt. And, I can't help but wonder how could all his friends and family know and go along with it and, probably more importantly, how many more women are out there????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Exactly......Kel.....KNOW them. While not completely possible cause things do come up later that you may not have seen coming, it is important to learn all you can about them. I kind of have issues with those who stay in hotels all the time. I think it is very important to experience where they really come from and not just for a few hours at a time. You would do the same if you met someone in the US....you would stay at their house. The privacy argument for me just doesn't cut it with that issue.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Co-sign that love is a powerful thing!!!

Jomo's Girl . . . I've shared with you my concerns about "other women" on the island. Some funky things occurred my last trip . . . but Corey's a real smooth/sweet talker and an artist at not answering questions directly.

Funny thing. I had an epiphany last night while sitting on my couch "pretending" to watch TV with my daughters. I'd been praying a lot in the past few weeks -- praying out loud in my bed at night . . . asking God to give me strength to make the right decision with regard to my relationship with Corey (because of the mounting doubts I was having). I asked that if he couldn't give me the strength to make the appropriate decision -- that he provide me with a steadfast path to walk . . . that would bring me to the appropriate resolution. God is an awesome God.

Timeline

Okay, I've been checking (for sh&ts & giggles) the uscis website, once a day ....and this morning there was...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On October 25, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Question though.... he's had his bio and hasn't received his EAD card. I would have thought that would have come before this ???

Bizarre but sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy no interview !!!! Now sit and sit and sit in California ....

Timeline
Okay, I've been checking (for sh&ts & giggles) the uscis website, once a day ....and this morning there was...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On October 25, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Question though.... he's had his bio and hasn't received his EAD card. I would have thought that would have come before this ???

Bizarre but sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy no interview !!!! Now sit and sit and sit in California ....

We did all you are describing. We got his green card in the mail. Never heard hide nor hare of the EAD before that. Green card came in the mail about 4 months after we filed AOS. No interview.

Jomo's Girl . . . I've shared with you my concerns about "other women" on the island. Some funky things occurred my last trip . . . but Corey's a real smooth/sweet talker and an artist at not answering questions directly.

Funny thing. I had an epiphany last night while sitting on my couch "pretending" to watch TV with my daughters. I'd been praying a lot in the past few weeks -- praying out loud in my bed at night . . . asking God to give me strength to make the right decision with regard to my relationship with Corey (because of the mounting doubts I was having). I asked that if he couldn't give me the strength to make the appropriate decision -- that he provide me with a steadfast path to walk . . . that would bring me to the appropriate resolution. God is an awesome God.

I don't think I've ever been called an answer to a prayer. I KNOW I love you now, Lilly.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

We did all you are describing. We got his green card in the mail. Never heard hide nor hare of the EAD before that. Green card came in the mail about 4 months after we filed AOS. No interview.

I don't think I've ever been called an answer to a prayer. I KNOW I love you now, Lilly.

I know that every case is different and there's absolutely NO rhyme nor reason for why they do what they do....but Shaun's app was transferred back in March - I think it was and he got his EAD in the mail about a month after his BIO aptmt ???

ARGH..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"It seems to me" clearly states my opinion. Listen to the comments that are made by lily.....Nicky has yet to respond to the comments and we all know that she is more than likely reading everyone's comments. I wish that everyone would really read the statements before they answer someone's else comment. If you read what I posted, it is evident that I see both sides of the story and I am trying to reason both ways. I understand that you feel for her and to be honest I also feel for her and Nicky as well. Its a sticky situation but "it seems to me" that Nicky is trying to beat a dead horse. Whats done is done and its not lily's responsiblity to try and convince Nicky to change her mind. She put it out there and thats the best that she can do. The rest is up to Nicky. She can never say that she wasn' t warned!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

"It seems to me" clearly states my opinion. Listen to the comments that are made by lily.....Nicky has yet to respond to the comments and we all know that she is more than likely reading everyone's comments. I wish that everyone would really read the statements before they answer someone's else comment. If you read what I posted, it is evident that I see both sides of the story and I am trying to reason both ways. I understand that you feel for her and to be honest I also feel for her and Nicky as well. Its a sticky situation but "it seems to me" that Nicky is trying to beat a dead horse. Whats done is done and its not lily's responsiblity to try and convince Nicky to change her mind. She put it out there and thats the best that she can do. The rest is up to Nicky. She can never say that she wasn' t warned!

Well, "it seems to me" that you were implying that Lilly was not as vested. And, even after reading your post again and then your explanation, "it still seems to me" to imply the same thing. I DID really read your post before I commented on it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I realize I can't make Nicky's decisions for her. I just want her to know the truth before she makes her decision. Corey's still lying and she's believing him. I realize that's her choice too.

I'm glad I posted openly what was going on. I'm sure Nicky's reading too -- and I'm thankful that everybody put their two cents in (whether or not they felt she should go ahead with the marriage or not).

As long as she knows the truth when she makes her decision, I'll feel confident that I did what I should've done. The rest is on her.

Timeline
off topic - mr jengles did his sugar test this morning and his reading dropped 40 points. i'm so relieved his spike this week was all stress related,

I'm glad for you. Just keep an eye on it. You know it will go up and down at times. And, work really hard to control that stress. It's never ending; but you can get a handle on it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.