Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Ladies I can't keep up 20 pages to read from checking in two days ago :whistle: :whistle:

Have a wonderful Friday :thumbs:

Go Bears - they need another win. Too bad it can't be like last season. Should I go to the game or nor is the final question what to do what to do.....

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Tamisha, Marlita, Jax, Kimmy, Jenice, JATam (and anyone else who filed a CR1 lol) - where did you guys have your wedding? I'm starting to look into some places :D

I got married in our Pastor's office in Kingston. We'll probably have a renewing of our vows and reception in a few years.

We got married in a villa and had a wedding coordinator do everything. It was the best and very easy. Villas are cheaper than hotel routes. If you want more info let me know.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
All the pics are so nice...great looking bunch of people! Thanks for sharing them. :thumbs:

:lol: I hope these pics don't get somebody in big trouble like last time :whistle: There was a JA guy seeing TWO different American girls at the same time - and someone else recognized him with another girl in a pic!!! It was a HUGE mess!

Hit the nail on the head!!!!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Just a word of warning all.....some little mistake that was done in a moment of weakness could end up sending your entire world crashing down around you. it is more important as immigrants. Please remind your SO of this. It could be shoplifting. It could be drunk driving. It could be drug charges of some kind. Whatever. Remind them of how important it is to keep themselves out of trouble.

Thank you for sharing your story :luv: Tony got arrested for drunk driving ONE month after he came here :o:angry: He didn't even have his license yet. It was a huge mess and cost us a ton of money - and it's still costing us money for higher car insurance. It almost ruined our relationship before it had even begun. It's also a HUGE pain in the butt when going through immigration - we had to document everything for AOS and again to remove conditions. It's a pain every time we go thru customs. It's like a huge, dark cloud hanging over us that keeps popping up over and over again. The crazy thing is, the rules and laws are so different here than in JA - you can't just buy your way out of stuff here when you #### up.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

:dance: Congrats!! First me, then Jonesie, then Jax, then Nanny, and now YOU :whistle: Who's next? :devil: I nominate Mindy :innocent:

RHONDA -- I'm gonna come up there and kick your A#@ :diablo::bonk::ranting:

:lol: Bring it on!!! :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Visit My Website

this is a test :)

oonu tell mi if oonu can see the pics :)

BEAUTIFUL PICS :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Visit My Website

this is a test :)

oonu tell mi if oonu can see the pics :)

BEAUTIFUL PICS :luv:

Thanks Rhonda, how u feeling ?

SO forget sometimes that they are not in JA anymore and things (crimes) are treated differently than JA. All you can do is steer them in the right directions and pray they hold on to what u teach them. I'm happy this worked out Rhonda despite $$$$ u had to pay and still paying

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
you can't just buy your way out of stuff here when you #### up.[/color]

This is what I tell Neil all the time :whistle:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, so Marlon has his SS card and we went to the DMV today to apply for an ID only. Well, they said they can only issue it based on the expiration date on his I94. I was like #######?!?! We HAD 90 days to get married and now he is NOT a K1 visa ANYMORE. They said they would issue the ID but it would expire 12/06/07 the same as his I94. I was livid!

SO we then went to my credit union to add him to my account and no problems! He will get his own debit card and for now my maiden name and his name will appear on the checks.

I did also call to inquire about the status of my marriage certificate and it was recorded on the 23rd and mailed out today, so I should get it in a couple of days.

Man it never ends! :blink:

Well, Sarah, if he goes back with his green card, and it is anything like here in Missouri, they will make his license expiration date the same date as the green card.....2 years. I just inquired about this issue earlier in the week cause I am looking ahead to the 10 year green card next year. According to what I have been told, I will have to apply for removal of conditions, then take that NOA (which extends his green card for one year while they process....and they are about 9 months behind right now) down to the DMV to renew his license for just that one year. Then, go back again when he gets his 10 year GC and apply again. It is all so frustrating. So, just hang in there.....your fun has just begun!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Please all take note of my new member title :lol: I was awarded the title yesterday :whistle::lol:

Oh so we competin again? LOL LOL LOL!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
For anyone that has gotten married over in JA...when you signed the marriage ledger thingy (like 3 times), what was the name the pastor/judge told you to sign?

I signed my birth name cause that was my legal name at the time. My husbands name is not my name unless I want it to be so they had me sign with my legal first and last name. Is that what your are asking?

Yes that's what I'm talking about. I signed my birth name as well. I asked the pastor what to put and he told me my birth name. I just thought it was weird because I thought you were supposed to sign your new married name on the marriage ledger. So if you sign your birth name, then when do you sign your new married name?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance: Congrats!! First me, then Jonesie, then Jax, then Nanny, and now YOU :whistle: Who's next? :devil: I nominate Mindy :innocent:

RHONDA -- I'm gonna come up there and kick your A#@ :diablo::bonk::ranting:

:lol: Bring it on!!! :P

:lol::lol: I got you covered Mindy, I nominate myself - I AM NEXT! - since nothing else seems to be working. :hehe: I will rub the RhondaJonesieJaxNanny mojo on my belly! :lol::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
In my opinion, Lilly wants to show the world what he is.

If something similar happened to me, this would be the TIP of the iceberg.

I don't blame her, apart from mentioning where Nicky lives if that's something that Nicky hasn't put out there.

Can't see why Lilly SHOULDN'T post it if it's true.

I agree JaEnglish. Lilly welcome to the board and I'm sorry that you're going thru this - my prayers go out to you, as well as you Nicky.

yup....i think this happens a lot...and i really would want someone to tell me if they knew my man....and this is one of the down sides for going through this process

What bothers me is that ppl are getting upset with Lilly because she posted here, but the culprit is the "man" they both share. Why is none of the blame on him? He's the one deceiving both women (and probably even more women none of us know about). It's a shame...

no i dont think u all are getting where my anger is coming from with this please re read what i said its wrong what happen to them both however, all that was stated in this post by lilly was ALREADY SPOKEN TO WITH NICKY EVERYTHING this woman talk to nicky and they both shared their stories so what has me upset is that she joined this site to air what they spoke of PERSONALLY what is the purpose if u have already done this with nikki ????someone i need help in understa nding that this is ok

so please tell me now if i was seein ur man and we both found out we shared the same fiance etc....and me and you talk abt it in private off and on all day....then i go join the site u frequent, air it all and you havent, detail for detail and splash a foto and links to blogs etccc...how would u feel. you have to look at it that way as welll what would be the purpose now if someone can get me to understand that then maybe i can begin to see it a different way seriously im open to seein it in a different light but based on facts presented i cant right now woman to woman i would not have put her on blast like that if she had not even come to this thread to express what happen on her own i question her motives on this post

U ain't never lied!!!!!! I commend lily for approaching the situation but it seems to me that she feels like the better person because she obviously wasn't as deep into it as Nicky is. But, then I also see it as being great because now we all get to see what this ####### looks like and forewarn others if anyone has pursued him now on in the near future. Believe me, these two are not the only ones. I have been in this situation before (not paper filing) with a gigalo from JA and wished that I had his picture to post on here so that i could let everyone know. His name is ASTON BROOKS aka TONY who hangs out in Montego Bay Margaritaville and does not know how to read or write ( how are you a gigalo and can't read and write?) and has a scar on his face (forehead to nose) I can laugh at it now but I was messed up bad when I found out. I had sent money because of the sad stories and all types of stuff. But, Karma is great and i know it will come back to him. He had women from all over but had his main squeeze back in JA with him and she is the one who called me. You can never be too careful with these types of relationship because all many of them see is the "papers". Not to say that they aren't in love also but believe me traveling is just as important to them. I told my fiance....I don't have a problem helping you out with papers but please don't let that be all its about. I mean we talked (and still talk) about this daily. Communication is key.

And, be mindful of that whole super privacy thing coming from your SO. Some people are truly private but we just have to be careful. My SO just asked me tonight why I didn't put our pic up but I told him i didn't know how to and if he would be okay with that. He doesn't have a prob with it.

Nicky i'm sorry about your pain right now and I don't know if you are up to listening but its not worth it. I would save myself from the stress and pain in the future. Even if he convinces you that he will change, you will always be thinking about it and the trust is just not going to be there like it was. You will find someone who is much more deserving of you. I'm glad it blew up in his face because you just don't treat people like that. Mind em come up and tun handicap or some sometin. Not wishing that on him but he is doing anything to get here and thats not fair to you or any of the other women.

This is absolutely not true. Lilly was in love with this guy. They discussed a future together. They were discussing and preparing for the visa process. She spent tons of money on trips, on phone calls, on gifts. Lilly was just as vested in the relationship. Maybe she didn't actually file for the visa or prepare for a wedding by sending out invitations (have we not all been warned not to do that before the visa is in hand anyhow?); but Lilly was just as deep into the relationship as Nicky was. Lilly's only triumph thus far has been that she immediately saw he was unworthy of her and dumped him.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What a day on the board. I wouldn't worry about cory prospering even if he does get married she will be looking at him out the corner of her eye and

mr jengles has been diagnosed with diabetes and he's taking it really hard, we've had a stressful couple of weeks, with him wanting to go back to ja as not to be a burden on me. he's liking diabetes to hiv, i told him that here diabetes is managable. it didn't help that his doctor was not helpful, i asked the man what was a high reading as to cause mr jengles to go to the hospital and the doctor wanted to know "why I asked that question" can you even imagine? plus as you guys know, he wants to work he is taking the inactivity hard. He'll be working a few days next week, so he's looking forward to that.

mr jengles feels a bit better now, we spent the day in the hospital yesterday and everyone he met was a immigrant, who told him, he needed to slow down and get himself established and stop stressing so he could get his sugar under control, the phone calls from ja don't help. I finally said to him, why are they calling you, you don't have a job and they are stressing you. and they are calling in the day when i'm not home. dat mi nuh like.

Jengles, I am so sorry to hear of his diagnosis. I hope that he will recognize that he will be better able to manage it here than home in JA.

As JG mentioned Andre's sickle cell, my cousin actually had a very bad attack last week and had to be in the hospital. He was just released this morning. hopefully he will be fine for the remainder of his visit here in Florida - he's going home at the end of the month.

Sickle cell is a very sore point for me, my cousin died from complications from the sickle cell, she just gave up.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
What a day on the board. I wouldn't worry about cory prospering even if he does get married she will be looking at him out the corner of her eye and

mr jengles has been diagnosed with diabetes and he's taking it really hard, we've had a stressful couple of weeks, with him wanting to go back to ja as not to be a burden on me. he's liking diabetes to hiv, i told him that here diabetes is managable. it didn't help that his doctor was not helpful, i asked the man what was a high reading as to cause mr jengles to go to the hospital and the doctor wanted to know "why I asked that question" can you even imagine? plus as you guys know, he wants to work he is taking the inactivity hard. He'll be working a few days next week, so he's looking forward to that.

mr jengles feels a bit better now, we spent the day in the hospital yesterday and everyone he met was a immigrant, who told him, he needed to slow down and get himself established and stop stressing so he could get his sugar under control, the phone calls from ja don't help. I finally said to him, why are they calling you, you don't have a job and they are stressing you. and they are calling in the day when i'm not home. dat mi nuh like.

Jengles, I am so sorry to hear of his diagnosis. I hope that he will recognize that he will be better able to manage it here than home in JA.

As JG mentioned Andre's sickle cell, my cousin actually had a very bad attack last week and had to be in the hospital. He was just released this morning. hopefully he will be fine for the remainder of his visit here in Florida - he's going home at the end of the month.

Sickle cell is a very sore point for me, my cousin died from complications from the sickle cell, she just gave up.

Andre's one sister died from it too. She got poor medical care in Jamaica, mostly from her own stupidity.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.