Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kinda happy today, I got my first credit card in the mail!

To be honest, getting credit has been a lot easier than I thought it would be, I have a MAcy's card with $300 limit, a JC Penney's card also with $300, a Chase credit card $500 limit and my new Gap credit card with $1000 limit should be here soon!!

I abhor credit cards and store cards, but will be using all the store and credit cards and paying them off straight away so it builds my credit.

Don't apply for any more cards right now - too many applications (in too short a period) will have a negative effect on your credit!!!

OMG!! Ain't that the truth. Your credit goes straight down hill with all those cards. If you ever try to make major purchases like a car or a house you wil find out how those credit cards have just put you in the black hole of BAD CREDIT. I would cancel a few of them if you don't really need them.

I think canceling them would just make things worse at this point - the key is, I believe, to not apply for any more for at least 6 months (or is it a year)? AND, of course, to manage what she has wisely...

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I know I am late, but OMG I can't believe this...Nicky I am so sorry to hear about this. At least you know now so that you can make a decision to stop the process now. I had to comment before I went through all the pages.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Hey all ... new to the Board . . . was brought here on an expected "journey" today . . .

Learned that my boyfriend is also Nicky "Salmon's" current fiance'. She last saw him in March. I met him in April and have been back to see him 3 times. He and I have been planning our future together . . . and I'm thankful that I was smart enough to make him wait a year before I filed for a Visa, or I'd be in the same position Nicky is.

I've struggled all day . . . have talked to Nicky several times. He's telling her that we were just friends, LOL. I have photos, text messages, etc. I've shared it all with Nicky -- but she's in a quandary as to what she should do . . .

Give her love and support, folks. Her financial investment over this lying and cheating man is only gonna increase when she brings him and his son over here to Florida and she has to support them for a long time. I say cut your losses now, Girl!

Here's a picture of Corey and I taken in August when I was last there to see him and his family (yes -- they ALL know about me).

100_1893.jpg

I absolutely and agree with you 1000% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As she stated the 2 of them have spoken before this post. This a forum where you can speak about anything. This happens MORE than anyone really really knows and gets posted ....and not just with Jamaican/American relationships. I commend you for coming out and sharing this with all of us and your post was written nicely.

If "my man" was cheating, I would contact the other woman as well. This is NOT RIGHT for both of you!!!!

I was in the same boat as well, but "I" didn't find out until after he got here!!! I spoke to the other woman (several times)and SHE was absolutely clueless as to why he was here and we both shed some light on both of our "relationships" and spoke to each other in a mature adult manner. She had met him after me too AND had only seen him 2x (and been to Jamaica only 2x)!!!! As anyone knows me, this has ruined our relationship !!!

These guys......(and some women) trying to have 2 relationships at once.....just plain ole stupidity AND it's alllll about karma. This would have come out later on down the line and I'm glad it came out now BEFORE he WERE to come here!!!

"I" am here for both of these ladies!!! We are not here to "bash" either one of the them, that's just absolutely ridiculous and completely immature thing to do. We ALL should be here for BOTH of you because this is a very difficult time!!! It's not THEIR fault that they are BOTH in this situation and being taken advantage of, it's about KARMA for the goofball !!!!!!!

well, well said!!

Ditto...I don't know what I would do if I found myself in this situation. I would want to know as well and I would want my VJ family to be aware of what has/could happen. If this was between another VJ'er that we have gotten to know and love, would the reactions towards one putting it out there be the same? Nuff love and blessings to both Nicky and Lilly, this is some mess :crying:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For anyone that has gotten married over in JA...when you signed the marriage ledger thingy (like 3 times), what was the name the pastor/judge told you to sign?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
For anyone that has gotten married over in JA...when you signed the marriage ledger thingy (like 3 times), what was the name the pastor/judge told you to sign?

I signed my birth name cause that was my legal name at the time. My husbands name is not my name unless I want it to be so they had me sign with my legal first and last name. Is that what your are asking?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Tamisha, Marlita, Jax, Kimmy, Jenice, JATam (and anyone else who filed a CR1 lol) - where did you guys have your wedding? I'm starting to look into some places :D

We got married at a cute little Villa near Mandeville, in the middle of the island. It was PERFECT!!!

Hey! What's the name of the villa? We're from Mandeville so I may know if it. I'm going down next week for my Uncle's funeral but maybe I'll get a chance to check it out.

Another :ot:

Do you all have special names for "doin the do". Ours is "adukadukle" :huh::huh::luv::lol::wacko::wub:

We say "mmmm" lol. Like "babes, me ready fi mmm right now" or "me feel seh me coulda mmm yuh kno" lol. I know, weird and TMI!! :lol:

BTW - Does anybody know about the rules for marriage in JA? I know you have to be on the island for at least 24 hours prior...any idea of the cost as well? :help:

Visitors can be married just 24 hour after arriving in Jamaica providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.

The cost of a license is four thousand Jamaican dollars (approximately US$60 - US$65).

To apply for your marriage license, call our Ministry of National Security & Justice at 1-876-906-4923 or visit:

Ministry of National Security & Justice

111 Harbour Street

Kingston

1-876-906-4923

Office Hours: Monday to Thursday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Friday from 9:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M.

Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not expect you take a blood test before getting married. However, the following documentation is required:

Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.

Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age.

Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).

Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.

Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.

French Canadians need a notarised translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents.]

There are non-denominational Marriage Officers who can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a place chosen by the couple, and are able to provide witnesses. Marriage Officers charge anywhere from US$50 – US$250.

Some of our Marriage Officers, located in our popular resort regions, are:

Kingston

Mr. Silvera Castro

Civil Registrar of Marriages

c/o Caribbean Cement Company

Tel: (876) 925 3690

Email: scastro@caribcement.com

Rev. Aaron Dumas

28 Sandringham Avenue, Kingston 10

Tel: (876) 929 1667 – 8

Fax: (876) 754 4115

Mr. Roy Jones

4 Gibson Avenue, Kingston 6

Tel/Fax: (876) 927 2522

Email: roy.jones@cwjamaica.com

Montego Bay

Carmen Thompson

37 Market Street, Montego Bay

Tel: (876) 952 3782

Rev. Terrence Gordon

59 Kent Avenue, Ironshore

Montego Bay

Tel/Fax: (876) 953 3376

Ocho Rios

Mr. Raphael Mason

Exchange District,

P.O. Box 274, Ocho Rios

Tel: (876) 974 0479

Rev. Millard Edwards

Moneague, St. Ann

Tel: (876) 796 2612

Port Antonio

Rev. Delroy Farr

25 Mount Oakley Road,

P.O. Box 229, Port Antonio

Tel: (876) 993 3369

Negril

Rev. Winston Barrett

C/o United Church of Jamaica & Grand Cayman

Tel: (876) 955 2753

Pastor Lorrel Garwood

Lot #50, Phase 1, Llandilo

Savanna-la-Mar

Tel: (876) 955 4672

Some hotels will make all arrangements for you. Special package prices include performance of the ceremony, tax, transportation costs and expenses incurred plus any other special requests (wedding cake, etc.). Check with your hotel as these packages vary.

Hope that helps!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, so Marlon has his SS card and we went to the DMV today to apply for an ID only. Well, they said they can only issue it based on the expiration date on his I94. I was like #######?!?! We HAD 90 days to get married and now he is NOT a K1 visa ANYMORE. They said they would issue the ID but it would expire 12/06/07 the same as his I94. I was livid!

SO we then went to my credit union to add him to my account and no problems! He will get his own debit card and for now my maiden name and his name will appear on the checks.

I did also call to inquire about the status of my marriage certificate and it was recorded on the 23rd and mailed out today, so I should get it in a couple of days.

Man it never ends! :blink:

wow that is crazy....i had to fight them as well for a state id....and told her yes the 1-94 had expired but the visa was valid and her is the marriage certificate to prove it and then they gave it to him and it expires in 5 years...i think it really depands on where you are which sucks cause it should all be the same....

Hey if I keep playing in the Yardie Yard I might learn something about my Computer.

It took a minute but I did it YEAH!!!!!!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Timeline
Okay, so Marlon has his SS card and we went to the DMV today to apply for an ID only. Well, they said they can only issue it based on the expiration date on his I94. I was like #######?!?! We HAD 90 days to get married and now he is NOT a K1 visa ANYMORE. They said they would issue the ID but it would expire 12/06/07 the same as his I94. I was livid!

SO we then went to my credit union to add him to my account and no problems! He will get his own debit card and for now my maiden name and his name will appear on the checks.

I did also call to inquire about the status of my marriage certificate and it was recorded on the 23rd and mailed out today, so I should get it in a couple of days.

Man it never ends! :blink:

wow that is crazy....i had to fight them as well for a state id....and told her yes the 1-94 had expired but the visa was valid and her is the marriage certificate to prove it and then they gave it to him and it expires in 5 years...i think it really depands on where you are which sucks cause it should all be the same....

Oh man, I was fit to be tied!!!!!! My friend called the DMV and asked them what we need and was told that we only need his SS card, passport, his JA licence and bam there it is. We should get our marriage license by Friday, we'll try again! Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Timeline

Gill,

Baby love hush mi know it hard and yes WE saggies have one whole heap a patience. But girl it's gonna get like this more time just affi let out the tears and write a journal..that help me ALOT of times..but u know how babylon try fi keep the sistahs down..:) just ole up u head sistren

Much LOVE

U done know

Kimmy

PS. when we got married we didn't apply for a license, just got married, yes u have to be on the island 24hrs b4. I was told to sign my maiden name. What we had to do was have our wedding registered by bringing the pastor marriage cert to the RGD

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
In my opinion, Lilly wants to show the world what he is.

If something similar happened to me, this would be the TIP of the iceberg.

I don't blame her, apart from mentioning where Nicky lives if that's something that Nicky hasn't put out there.

Can't see why Lilly SHOULDN'T post it if it's true.

I agree JaEnglish. Lilly welcome to the board and I'm sorry that you're going thru this - my prayers go out to you, as well as you Nicky.

yup....i think this happens a lot...and i really would want someone to tell me if they knew my man....and this is one of the down sides for going through this process

What bothers me is that ppl are getting upset with Lilly because she posted here, but the culprit is the "man" they both share. Why is none of the blame on him? He's the one deceiving both women (and probably even more women none of us know about). It's a shame...

no i dont think u all are getting where my anger is coming from with this please re read what i said its wrong what happen to them both however, all that was stated in this post by lilly was ALREADY SPOKEN TO WITH NICKY EVERYTHING this woman talk to nicky and they both shared their stories so what has me upset is that she joined this site to air what they spoke of PERSONALLY what is the purpose if u have already done this with nikki ????someone i need help in understa nding that this is ok

so please tell me now if i was seein ur man and we both found out we shared the same fiance etc....and me and you talk abt it in private off and on all day....then i go join the site u frequent, air it all and you havent, detail for detail and splash a foto and links to blogs etccc...how would u feel. you have to look at it that way as welll what would be the purpose now if someone can get me to understand that then maybe i can begin to see it a different way seriously im open to seein it in a different light but based on facts presented i cant right now woman to woman i would not have put her on blast like that if she had not even come to this thread to express what happen on her own i question her motives on this post

U ain't never lied!!!!!! I commend lily for approaching the situation but it seems to me that she feels like the better person because she obviously wasn't as deep into it as Nicky is. But, then I also see it as being great because now we all get to see what this ####### looks like and forewarn others if anyone has pursued him now on in the near future. Believe me, these two are not the only ones. I have been in this situation before (not paper filing) with a gigalo from JA and wished that I had his picture to post on here so that i could let everyone know. His name is ASTON BROOKS aka TONY who hangs out in Montego Bay Margaritaville and does not know how to read or write ( how are you a gigalo and can't read and write?) and has a scar on his face (forehead to nose) I can laugh at it now but I was messed up bad when I found out. I had sent money because of the sad stories and all types of stuff. But, Karma is great and i know it will come back to him. He had women from all over but had his main squeeze back in JA with him and she is the one who called me. You can never be too careful with these types of relationship because all many of them see is the "papers". Not to say that they aren't in love also but believe me traveling is just as important to them. I told my fiance....I don't have a problem helping you out with papers but please don't let that be all its about. I mean we talked (and still talk) about this daily. Communication is key.

And, be mindful of that whole super privacy thing coming from your SO. Some people are truly private but we just have to be careful. My SO just asked me tonight why I didn't put our pic up but I told him i didn't know how to and if he would be okay with that. He doesn't have a prob with it.

Nicky i'm sorry about your pain right now and I don't know if you are up to listening but its not worth it. I would save myself from the stress and pain in the future. Even if he convinces you that he will change, you will always be thinking about it and the trust is just not going to be there like it was. You will find someone who is much more deserving of you. I'm glad it blew up in his face because you just don't treat people like that. Mind em come up and tun handicap or some sometin. Not wishing that on him but he is doing anything to get here and thats not fair to you or any of the other women.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline
Hope this one gets a couple of chuckles...hang in there guys!!!

Without any further ado....

*********THURSDAY CHUCKLE*********

The Dying Husband

Marcus was shocked and saddened. But, being a solid character, he managed to compose himself and walk

from the doctor's office into the waiting room, where his son had been waiting.

"Well son, we Jamaicans celebrate when tings good, and we even celebrate when tings nuh so good. In dis case, tings nuh so good. Mi have cancer. Mek we go a de bar go drink two juice."

After 3 or 4 Red Stripe, the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and some more rum. They were eventually approached by some of Marcus' old friends, who were curious as to what the two were celebrating. Marcus told them that the Jamaicans celebrate the good as well as the bad. He went on to tell his friends that they were drinking to his impending end. He told his friends, "Dem tell mi seh mi have AIDS."

The friends gave Marcus their condolences, and they had a couple more drinks . After the friends left, Marcus' son leaned over and whispered his confusion. "Pops, mi tink yu seh yu have cancer, but now yu jus tell yu fren dem seh yu have AIDS! " Marcus said, "Mi nuh waant none a dem a sleep wid yu Madda aftah mi gaan!!! "

:lol::lol::lol: Mi woulda do the same thing...Thanks Gill. My Lord ladies, you all took me through a gamut of emotions with today's topic. What a stress!!! :huh:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Another :ot:

Do you all have special names for "doin the do". Ours is "adukadukle" :huh::huh::luv::lol::wacko::wub:

:lol::lol::lol: WTH!!! :lol::lol::lol: Well since I joined this board, is the first time I ever heard of "rooks"...up to my "innocent" husband hear bout that

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
What a day on the board. I wouldn't worry about cory prospering even if he does get married she will be looking at him out the corner of her eye and

mr jengles has been diagnosed with diabetes and he's taking it really hard, we've had a stressful couple of weeks, with him wanting to go back to ja as not to be a burden on me. he's liking diabetes to hiv, i told him that here diabetes is managable. it didn't help that his doctor was not helpful, i asked the man what was a high reading as to cause mr jengles to go to the hospital and the doctor wanted to know "why I asked that question" can you even imagine? plus as you guys know, he wants to work he is taking the inactivity hard. He'll be working a few days next week, so he's looking forward to that.

mr jengles feels a bit better now, we spent the day in the hospital yesterday and everyone he met was a immigrant, who told him, he needed to slow down and get himself established and stop stressing so he could get his sugar under control, the phone calls from ja don't help. I finally said to him, why are they calling you, you don't have a job and they are stressing you. and they are calling in the day when i'm not home. dat mi nuh like.

Jengles, I am so sorry to hear of his diagnosis. I hope that he will recognize that he will be better able to manage it here than home in JA.

As JG mentioned Andre's sickle cell, my cousin actually had a very bad attack last week and had to be in the hospital. He was just released this morning. hopefully he will be fine for the remainder of his visit here in Florida - he's going home at the end of the month.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.