Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

PS I know it's long passed, but were your husbands OBSESSED with elections? Henry drove me nuts! He signed us up for TVJ on JumpTv.com and every night when he got home from work he watched the news and got caught up. He watched the debates and after debate analysis and made me come sit next to him and watch. :hehe: I will admit, though, that election night was exciting. He had me use one of my legal pads to keep score as the votes were tallied in each constituency; he didn't trust the news anchor's count. :lol: Oh and he is still wearing his green Laborite rubber wristband that his brother in law brought for him. :o

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
PS I know it's long passed, but were your husbands OBSESSED with elections? Henry drove me nuts! He signed us up for TVJ on JumpTv.com and every night when he got home from work he watched the news and got caught up. He watched the debates and after debate analysis and made me come sit next to him and watch. :hehe: I will admit, though, that election night was exciting. He had me use one of my legal pads to keep score as the votes were tallied in each constituency; he didn't trust the news anchor's count. :lol: Oh and he is still wearing his green Laborite rubber wristband that his brother in law brought for him. :o

Not mine. I would go home and say oh, I read this about Golding on the Gleaner website and he would be like uh, huh, can you move from in front of the tv? Reba's on.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Kinda happy today, I got my first credit card in the mail!

To be honest, getting credit has been a lot easier than I thought it would be, I have a MAcy's card with $300 limit, a JC Penney's card also with $300, a Chase credit card $500 limit and my new Gap credit card with $1000 limit should be here soon!!

I abhor credit cards and store cards, but will be using all the store and credit cards and paying them off straight away so it builds my credit.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not mine. I would go home and say oh, I read this about Golding on the Gleaner website and he would be like uh, huh, can you move from in front of the tv? Reba's on.

:lol: REBA!! Oh my word, what is it with SOME West Indians and anything country??? Henry likes that show too.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: REBA!! Oh my word, what is it with SOME West Indians and anything country??? Henry likes that show too.

:lol: Mine was the same way as Jomo...he didn't care about the elections at all. He doesn't even care to much about the news...it is me reading the Gleaner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey sweetie - long time no see! (F) Glad to see you and hubby are doing well :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To be honest, getting credit has been a lot easier than I thought it would be, I have a MAcy's card with $300 limit, a JC Penney's card also with $300, a Chase credit card $500 limit and my new Gap credit card with $1000 limit should be here soon!!

I abhor credit cards and store cards, but will be using all the store and credit cards and paying them off straight away so it builds my credit.

Don't apply for any more cards right now - too many applications (in too short a period) will have a negative effect on your credit!!!

Edited by Vawa-2006

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Filed: Timeline

Okay, so Marlon has his SS card and we went to the DMV today to apply for an ID only. Well, they said they can only issue it based on the expiration date on his I94. I was like #######?!?! We HAD 90 days to get married and now he is NOT a K1 visa ANYMORE. They said they would issue the ID but it would expire 12/06/07 the same as his I94. I was livid!

SO we then went to my credit union to add him to my account and no problems! He will get his own debit card and for now my maiden name and his name will appear on the checks.

I did also call to inquire about the status of my marriage certificate and it was recorded on the 23rd and mailed out today, so I should get it in a couple of days.

Man it never ends! :blink:

Filed: Other Timeline
:ot:OK, seriously I'm DONE!!!!! :angry: :angry:

I think I have been VERY paient for a Sagittauran!!! If I see August 7, 2007 on my USCIS contact screen ONE MORE TIME...I AM GONNA SCREAM!!! Does anyone have a REAL number for VSC??? Everytime I try to call I get a crazy recording that I can't get around!!! Any advice...I am losing hope and other July filers from outside boards are saying due to backlog I might not get my NOA2 til January!! :crying::crying:

Seriously guys, I hope if you know one thing about me is that I ALWAYS try yo be a positive person and offer constructive support to all. For some reason I am DYING this week! I've been ok til now, but I just can't keep living like this! I feel like I am about to burst into tears for real and that is SOOOOOOOOOO not me!

I love to smile and laugh and make people laugh...well I am finding it really hard to find ANYTHING to laugh about these days!!! It just feels like it is never gonna happen...yuh know?

Anyway, thanks for listening, love ya all

Blessed love,

Gill

Gill...I know you don't want to hear this...but ur just going to have to be patient, actually four months..from the looks of your time line dosen't seem like that long of a wait. SOON FORWARD!!! my dear. You should hear someting anytime now. :yes:(F)

Hey sweetie - long time no see! (F) Glad to see you and hubby are doing well :yes:

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tamisha, Marlita, Jax, Kimmy, Jenice, JATam (and anyone else who filed a CR1 lol) - where did you guys have your wedding? I'm starting to look into some places :D

We got married at a cute little Villa near Mandeville, in the middle of the island. It was PERFECT!!!

Hey! What's the name of the villa? We're from Mandeville so I may know if it. I'm going down next week for my Uncle's funeral but maybe I'll get a chance to check it out.

Another :ot:

Do you all have special names for "doin the do". Ours is "adukadukle" :huh::huh::luv::lol::wacko::wub:

We say "mmmm" lol. Like "babes, me ready fi mmm right now" or "me feel seh me coulda mmm yuh kno" lol. I know, weird and TMI!! :lol:

BTW - Does anybody know about the rules for marriage in JA? I know you have to be on the island for at least 24 hours prior...any idea of the cost as well? :help:

Also, I had to be there a week b/c we went thru a local pastor and I am AMerican and he is JA...but since you are born there you might nto have that problem.

I think legally you only need to be in JA for 24hrs prior to the ceremony. But we had a Christian ceremony and ran into issues where the pastor wanted us to undergo counseling for 2 weeks....that wasn't gonna happen so we got another pastor who understood our situation. He was wonderful. Look on the Jamaica registrar website for all the info you need on marrying. Also the fee is HIGHER to marry you if you are are not a Jamaican resident or national, the fees are different for locals.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hi Oldtimers! Wow so much has changed - so many new names! (Not you yardiewife! :lol:(L) )

Hey Jonesie - what? 6 more weeks! How exciting!!! Hi Mindy, Kelly, Ms.S and everyone else.

Hope you are all doing well. Its a cold, dreary afternoon in NYC. Hope sun is shining where you are and I hope all our California gals and guys are out of harm's way!

Take care and I'll try to pop in more often. :yes:

Yes the fires have been raging like crazy over here. Not so much where I live, cause I'm not near the mountains...but its still horrible air quality. The sky is an orange gray the full moon is orange and it smells like smoke. There are ashes flying around and on everyones cars......it is so hard to breathe. Weather has been in the 90's this week. I hear about the 1000's of homes lost and it is horrible. And to know that they were lost to arson out of control is horrible. So far San Diego is still lit with the Witch fire(arson). Many of the natural fires have ceased. The world and climate is definitely changing. If you have never seen Al Gores...An Inconvienent Truth....PLEASE go watch.

Also a good movie is "Why Did I Get Married"!! Please go see this movie. It was wonderful...funny sad full of surprises. Definitly good to see with your SO. If you know Tyler Perry you know he always has a deep message beyond all the flyin' grits. :luv:

Timeline

Don't apply for any more cards right now - too many applications (in too short a period) will have a negative effect on your credit!!!

OMG!! Ain't that the truth. Your credit goes straight down hill with all those cards. If you ever try to make major purchases like a car or a house you wil find out how those credit cards have just put you in the black hole of BAD CREDIT. I would cancel a few of them if you don't really need them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.