Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Timeline
What a day on the board. I wouldn't worry about cory prospering even if he does get married she will be looking at him out the corner of her eye and

mr jengles has been diagnosed with diabetes and he's taking it really hard, we've had a stressful couple of weeks, with him wanting to go back to ja as not to be a burden on me. he's liking diabetes to hiv, i told him that here diabetes is managable. it didn't help that his doctor was not helpful, i asked the man what was a high reading as to cause mr jengles to go to the hospital and the doctor wanted to know "why I asked that question" can you even imagine? plus as you guys know, he wants to work he is taking the inactivity hard. He'll be working a few days next week, so he's looking forward to that.

mr jengles feels a bit better now, we spent the day in the hospital yesterday and everyone he met was a immigrant, who told him, he needed to slow down and get himself established and stop stressing so he could get his sugar under control, the phone calls from ja don't help. I finally said to him, why are they calling you, you don't have a job and they are stressing you. and they are calling in the day when i'm not home. dat mi nuh like.

AMEN!!!!! Your points are now becoming lost because you are starting to beat a dead horse. Nikki knows, we all know, now lets move forward. I know personally I have heard ENOUGH. We understand your pain, and we are here for support but lets move forward and there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for YOU to contact the Embassy!!

I'm not sure I wouldn't contact them.

Without a SHADOW of a doubt I would. I would do my utmost to destroy his life...Just asked my husband what he`d do and he would contact them too....Not telling her she should, but I damn well would

lol, that's what i did and it happened right here in the states.

cause he LIVES in the US .... we've said this over and over again. Once they arrive, calls (doesn't matter if you're working or not), they call cause they THINK you have money over here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got pissed at Craig last night when he wanted to go get a calling card to call his mother and I'm like .....nooo, you're not going to let her get you down about the money. He didn't, when I was home, but then went to a school function, he flippin called her AND he was in a sh&t mood when I came home..... just like "I" knew was going to happen!!!!

It's NEVER EVER EVER ending !!!!!!!!!

Well i spoke to some of his relatives and mentioned how stressed he is and how stress is making his sugar go up, so I hope everyone gets the message.

I wish you luck with that.

Yeah, same here. They might get it *that week*, but calls will roll in after that. They just don't know, cause they haven't been here.!!! Craig's been here for 15 months and mommy calls EVERY WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still asking for money. He's told her if you want to call and see how I'm doing, fine...but don't call and ask for me to help pay, I can't. She always manages to get a word in about it ..... Love her to death, but it drives me crazy. She knows not to call the house phone anymore!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was just telling a friend of mine how I've almost completely soured on visiting JA right now. The issues you are mentioning Kel, are just part of that. Dang, what a week.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A's cell phone is still ringing all the time. I hate that phone...hate it with a passion. He knows I hate it too...I don't know how many times it has interupted our date nights or dinners not to mention sleep. 2 years later the whole time difference is still an issue...we get calls at 4 am still. I swear he is always in a bad funk after he talks to them too when all they call for is money. I just let him know I am not up for the attitude...so if he is gonna talk he better get it all out to them cause I don't want to hear about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:help:

I know this has been asked a MILLION times and I am sorry for not paying attention BUT...I told K he needs to get the police report and his shot records, do either of these have a cost involved? With the police record, does he have to request it from Kingston or can he get it locally?

Thanks and sorry for the redundancy :blush:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
I was just telling a friend of mine how I've almost completely soured on visiting JA right now. The issues you are mentioning Kel, are just part of that. Dang, what a week.

Since I've been traveling to Jamaica for forever and waaaay before I met Craig, I still have love for Jamaica. I love the Negril area and he's from Bluefields (Mandeville) area....so far enough away from family... :D

Timeline
A's cell phone is still ringing all the time. I hate that phone...hate it with a passion. He knows I hate it too...I don't know how many times it has interupted our date nights or dinners not to mention sleep. 2 years later the whole time difference is still an issue...we get calls at 4 am still. I swear he is always in a bad funk after he talks to them too when all they call for is money. I just let him know I am not up for the attitude...so if he is gonna talk he better get it all out to them cause I don't want to hear about it.

Yah, we are about a year and 1/2 out and it has not stopped. Doubt it ever will. Andre puts his phone on vibrate or silent and usually doesn't return calls anyhow. He will not even answer JA calls. I used to be livid. I'm working 2 jobs to sustain us and they want me to send them money? It took a long time to get a handle on it. Andre doesn't even get into that funk anymore. He's way past that. The only time it bothers him is if she has one of the kids call with a story. Even that has gotten a little old. Oh, and it helps that we have caught them in a whole lot of lies after the fact. I keep meaning to send them a copy of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" so they figure out why we don't jump anymore.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Hey all ... new to the Board . . . was brought here on an expected "journey" today . . .

Learned that my boyfriend is also Nicky "Salmon's" current fiance'. She last saw him in March. I met him in April and have been back to see him 3 times. He and I have been planning our future together . . . and I'm thankful that I was smart enough to make him wait a year before I filed for a Visa, or I'd be in the same position Nicky is.

I've struggled all day . . . have talked to Nicky several times. He's telling her that we were just friends, LOL. I have photos, text messages, etc. I've shared it all with Nicky -- but she's in a quandary as to what she should do . . .

Give her love and support, folks. Her financial investment over this lying and cheating man is only gonna increase when she brings him and his son over here to Florida and she has to support them for a long time. I say cut your losses now, Girl!

Here's a picture of Corey and I taken in August when I was last there to see him and his family (yes -- they ALL know about me).

100_1893.jpg

OMG! I am so sorry for you and for Nicky to find out!!!! Yikes! Welcome to the board, it's great to see you!

Timeline

I know this has been asked a MILLION times and I am sorry for not paying attention BUT...I told K he needs to get the police report and his shot records, do either of these have a cost involved? With the police record, does he have to request it from Kingston or can he get it locally?

He'll also need the non-impediment form! Even if they haven't asked for it in the most recent interviews, I would still suggest to get it.

It ALL costs money !!! It's been a long time since we've needed anything, I don't remember the cost and everything has changed since then...

Timeline

Since I've been traveling to Jamaica for forever and waaaay before I met Craig, I still have love for Jamaica. I love the Negril area and he's from Bluefields (Mandeville) area....so far enough away from family... :D

I travelled all over before I met Andre. And, it isn't him that is bothering me. He is the only beautiful thing I can think of at the moment from Jamaica.

Things just keep happening that make me see an ugly side I don't want to see anymore.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Oldtimers! Wow so much has changed - so many new names! (Not you yardiewife! :lol:(L) )

Hey Jonesie - what? 6 more weeks! How exciting!!! Hi Mindy, Kelly, Ms.S and everyone else.

Hope you are all doing well. Its a cold, dreary afternoon in NYC. Hope sun is shining where you are and I hope all our California gals and guys are out of harm's way!

Take care and I'll try to pop in more often. :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

:ot:

Dear Kotex,

>

> I recently noticed that the peel-off strip of my panty liner had a bunch

> of "Kotex Tips for Life" on it. Annoying advice such as:

> -Staying active during your period can relieve cramps.

> -Avoiding caffeine may help reduce cramps and headaches.

> -Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to keep you hydrated and feeling fresh.

> -Try Kotex blah, blah, blah other products

>

> Obviously the person behind this was someone who has never possessed a

> functioning set of ovaries. Go ahead and tell a menstruating woman TO HER

> FACE that drinking 6-8 glasses of water will help keep her feeling fresh.

> See what happens and report back. I'll wait.

>

> While you're at it, dump out the coffee at work and remove the chocolate

> from the vending machine. I guaran-damn-tee that the first responders

> will be females who just ovulated.

>

> Look... females don't need or want tips for living on feminine hygiene

> products. Younger girls are already hearing "helpful" ####### like that from

> their elderly relatives. Veteran females have already concocted their own

> recipes for survival, many of which contain alcohol.

>

> Printing out ###### advice while sneaking in ads for the brand THAT WAS

> ALREADY PURCHASED is just plain annoying, not to mention rude and enough

> to send a girl running to the Always brand. Mostly we'd like to forget

> that we even need these products. It's not a fun time, but DO NOT try to

> cheer us up by adding smiley faces or bunnies or flowery cutesy ####### to

> your products or the packaging.

>

> Put the ###### in a plain brown wrapper so we can throw it in our carts

> discreetly and have it blend in among the wine and beer! There is nothing

> more annoying than having a blinding pink package announcing your uterine

> state to everyone in the store. The ultimate goal of your product should

> be functional invisibility at every stage, including at the point of

> purchase.

>

> So take your tips for living and shove them right up your a - - . (Try

> drinking six to eight glasses of water to make you feel fresher while

> you're doing it!)

>

> Ovarily Yours,

> Miss PMS

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

I think the shot records would be something he has. If not, I guess he would have to go to his doctor and see if they can transcribe them for him. Not sure what that would cost.

Police record.....yes, Kingston. And, it was somewhere around $90 or so, if I remember right.

Yah, don't forget that non-impediment form. Andre went to wherever he could get his birth papers from. It was around $100 I believe.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot:OK, seriously I'm DONE!!!!! :angry: :angry:

I think I have been VERY paient for a Sagittauran!!! If I see August 7, 2007 on my USCIS contact screen ONE MORE TIME...I AM GONNA SCREAM!!! Does anyone have a REAL number for VSC??? Everytime I try to call I get a crazy recording that I can't get around!!! Any advice...I am losing hope and other July filers from outside boards are saying due to backlog I might not get my NOA2 til January!! :crying::crying:

Seriously guys, I hope if you know one thing about me is that I ALWAYS try yo be a positive person and offer constructive support to all. For some reason I am DYING this week! I've been ok til now, but I just can't keep living like this! I feel like I am about to burst into tears for real and that is SOOOOOOOOOO not me!

I love to smile and laugh and make people laugh...well I am finding it really hard to find ANYTHING to laugh about these days!!! It just feels like it is never gonna happen...yuh know?

Anyway, thanks for listening, love ya all

Blessed love,

Gill

Baby,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I can emphatize with you. I found myself crying at my workstation this morning just thinging about how I miss Mike and how long I have to wait till he is finally here with me. You are in my thoughts. Hugs and Kisses to you. I know this won't ease the pain and fraustration you are feeling but just remember, we are all here for you with a shoulder willing and ready for you to lean on at any time. (L)(F)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Hi Oldtimers! Wow so much has changed - so many new names! (Not you yardiewife! :lol:(L) )

Hey Jonesie - what? 6 more weeks! How exciting!!! Hi Mindy, Kelly, Ms.S and everyone else.

Hope you are all doing well. Its a cold, dreary afternoon in NYC. Hope sun is shining where you are and I hope all our California gals and guys are out of harm's way!

Take care and I'll try to pop in more often. :yes:

Hey stranger !!! Yeah, rainy, dreary and cold here but we need the rain so desperately !

Hope all is well with you and Henry !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.