Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tamisha, Marlita, Jax, Kimmy, Jenice, JATam (and anyone else who filed a CR1 lol) - where did you guys have your wedding? I'm starting to look into some places :D

We got married at a cute little Villa near Mandeville, in the middle of the island. It was PERFECT!!!

Hey! What's the name of the villa? We're from Mandeville so I may know if it. I'm going down next week for my Uncle's funeral but maybe I'll get a chance to check it out.

Another :ot:

Do you all have special names for "doin the do". Ours is "adukadukle" :huh::huh::luv::lol::wacko::wub:

We say "mmmm" lol. Like "babes, me ready fi mmm right now" or "me feel seh me coulda mmm yuh kno" lol. I know, weird and TMI!! :lol:

BTW - Does anybody know about the rules for marriage in JA? I know you have to be on the island for at least 24 hours prior...any idea of the cost as well? :help:

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What a day on the board. I wouldn't worry about cory prospering even if he does get married she will be looking at him out the corner of her eye and

mr jengles has been diagnosed with diabetes and he's taking it really hard, we've had a stressful couple of weeks, with him wanting to go back to ja as not to be a burden on me. he's liking diabetes to hiv, i told him that here diabetes is managable. it didn't help that his doctor was not helpful, i asked the man what was a high reading as to cause mr jengles to go to the hospital and the doctor wanted to know "why I asked that question" can you even imagine? plus as you guys know, he wants to work he is taking the inactivity hard. He'll be working a few days next week, so he's looking forward to that.

mr jengles feels a bit better now, we spent the day in the hospital yesterday and everyone he met was a immigrant, who told him, he needed to slow down and get himself established and stop stressing so he could get his sugar under control, the phone calls from ja don't help. I finally said to him, why are they calling you, you don't have a job and they are stressing you. and they are calling in the day when i'm not home. dat mi nuh like.

AMEN!!!!! Your points are now becoming lost because you are starting to beat a dead horse. Nikki knows, we all know, now lets move forward. I know personally I have heard ENOUGH. We understand your pain, and we are here for support but lets move forward and there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for YOU to contact the Embassy!!

I'm not sure I wouldn't contact them.

Without a SHADOW of a doubt I would. I would do my utmost to destroy his life...Just asked my husband what he`d do and he would contact them too....Not telling her she should, but I damn well would

lol, that's what i did and it happened right here in the states.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What a day on the board. I wouldn't worry about cory prospering even if he does get married she will be looking at him out the corner of her eye and

mr jengles has been diagnosed with diabetes and he's taking it really hard, we've had a stressful couple of weeks, with him wanting to go back to ja as not to be a burden on me. he's liking diabetes to hiv, i told him that here diabetes is managable. it didn't help that his doctor was not helpful, i asked the man what was a high reading as to cause mr jengles to go to the hospital and the doctor wanted to know "why I asked that question" can you even imagine? plus as you guys know, he wants to work he is taking the inactivity hard. He'll be working a few days next week, so he's looking forward to that.

mr jengles feels a bit better now, we spent the day in the hospital yesterday and everyone he met was a immigrant, who told him, he needed to slow down and get himself established and stop stressing so he could get his sugar under control, the phone calls from ja don't help. I finally said to him, why are they calling you, you don't have a job and they are stressing you. and they are calling in the day when i'm not home. dat mi nuh like.

AMEN!!!!! Your points are now becoming lost because you are starting to beat a dead horse. Nikki knows, we all know, now lets move forward. I know personally I have heard ENOUGH. We understand your pain, and we are here for support but lets move forward and there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for YOU to contact the Embassy!!

Without a SHADOW of a doubt I would. I would do my utmost to destroy his life...Just asked my husband what he`d do and he would contact them too....Not telling her she should, but I damn well would

I'm so sorry, Jengles. Andre has sickle cell and I am forever watching that nothing is over-stressing him cause that is one of the things that triggers an episode. I can empathize with you.

You will find that somehow they know when exactly to call to know when you aren't home. And, it will not end until he really puts his foot down and tells them to stop. And, even then, it will not end completely. Hopefully, he won't find out the hard way that some so called friends just want to use him. Andre heard just last week that two of his best friends said they didn't want to be his friend or have anything to do with him since he wasn't sending them money. All I can really say to that is that they took care of the problem themselves....he's now so angry he would never send them money even if their very lives depended on it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Tamisha, Marlita, Jax, Kimmy, Jenice, JATam (and anyone else who filed a CR1 lol) - where did you guys have your wedding? I'm starting to look into some places :D

We got married at a cute little Villa near Mandeville, in the middle of the island. It was PERFECT!!!

Hey! What's the name of the villa? We're from Mandeville so I may know if it. I'm going down next week for my Uncle's funeral but maybe I'll get a chance to check it out.

Do you all have special names for "doin the do". Ours is "adukadukle" :huh::huh::luv::lol::wacko::wub:

We say "mmmm" lol. Like "babes, me ready fi mmm right now" or "me feel seh me coulda mmm yuh kno" lol. I know, weird and TMI!! :lol:

BTW - Does anybody know about the rules for marriage in JA? I know you have to be on the island for at least 24 hours prior...any idea of the cost as well? :help:

Its in Christiana, the Hotel Villa Bella. Its so quaint. I think it is inbetween owners right now, but I would do what I coudl to check it out. Its awesome.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Also, I had to be there a week b/c we went thru a local pastor and I am AMerican and he is JA...but since you are born there you might nto have that problem.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

I'm so sorry, Jengles. Andre has sickle cell and I am forever watching that nothing is over-stressing him cause that is one of the things that triggers an episode. I can empathize with you.

You will find that somehow they know when exactly to call to know when you aren't home. And, it will not end until he really puts his foot down and tells them to stop. And, even then, it will not end completely. Hopefully, he won't find out the hard way that some so called friends just want to use him. Andre heard just last week that two of his best friends said they didn't want to be his friend or have anything to do with him since he wasn't sending them money. All I can really say to that is that they took care of the problem themselves....he's now so angry he would never send them money even if their very lives depended on it.

that is horrible, I left work early on Monday and was home yesterday morning, so that's how i caught on, and he's stressing about stuff going on down there and then wondering why his sugar isn't going down and the sad thing it's nothing to do with his kids, its big grown people.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm gald he's feeling better. I hope he listens to their advice. It could be quite managable. He certainly dosen't need anymore stress.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

cause he LIVES in the US .... we've said this over and over again. Once they arrive, calls (doesn't matter if you're working or not), they call cause they THINK you have money over here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got pissed at Craig last night when he wanted to go get a calling card to call his mother and I'm like .....nooo, you're not going to let her get you down about the money. He didn't, when I was home, but then went to a school function, he flippin called her AND he was in a sh&t mood when I came home..... just like "I" knew was going to happen!!!!

It's NEVER EVER EVER ending !!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot:OK, seriously I'm DONE!!!!! :angry: :angry:

I think I have been VERY paient for a Sagittauran!!! If I see August 7, 2007 on my USCIS contact screen ONE MORE TIME...I AM GONNA SCREAM!!! Does anyone have a REAL number for VSC??? Everytime I try to call I get a crazy recording that I can't get around!!! Any advice...I am losing hope and other July filers from outside boards are saying due to backlog I might not get my NOA2 til January!! :crying::crying:

Seriously guys, I hope if you know one thing about me is that I ALWAYS try yo be a positive person and offer constructive support to all. For some reason I am DYING this week! I've been ok til now, but I just can't keep living like this! I feel like I am about to burst into tears for real and that is SOOOOOOOOOO not me!

I love to smile and laugh and make people laugh...well I am finding it really hard to find ANYTHING to laugh about these days!!! It just feels like it is never gonna happen...yuh know?

Anyway, thanks for listening, love ya all

Blessed love,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

I think I have been VERY paient for a Sagittauran!!! If I see August 7, 2007 on my USCIS contact screen ONE MORE TIME...I AM GONNA SCREAM!!! Does anyone have a REAL number for VSC??? Everytime I try to call I get a crazy recording that I can't get around!!! Any advice...I am losing hope and other July filers from outside boards are saying due to backlog I might not get my NOA2 til January!! :crying::crying:

Seriously guys, I hope if you know one thing about me is that I ALWAYS try yo be a positive person and offer constructive support to all. For some reason I am DYING this week! I've been ok til now, but I just can't keep living like this! I feel like I am about to burst into tears for real and that is SOOOOOOOOOO not me!

I love to smile and laugh and make people laugh...well I am finding it really hard to find ANYTHING to laugh about these days!!! It just feels like it is never gonna happen...yuh know?

Blessed love,

Gill

It will come soon Gill. Just be patient, you will get it soon, it took me a while to hear from them too.

Edited by waynegeraldine

Timeline

cause he LIVES in the US .... we've said this over and over again. Once they arrive, calls (doesn't matter if you're working or not), they call cause they THINK you have money over here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got pissed at Craig last night when he wanted to go get a calling card to call his mother and I'm like .....nooo, you're not going to let her get you down about the money. He didn't, when I was home, but then went to a school function, he flippin called her AND he was in a sh&t mood when I came home..... just like "I" knew was going to happen!!!!

Well i spoke to some of his relatives and mentioned how stressed he is and how stress is making his sugar go up, so I hope everyone gets the message.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well i spoke to some of his relatives and mentioned how stressed he is and how stress is making his sugar go up, so I hope everyone gets the message.

I wish you luck with that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Blessed love,

Gill

It will come soon Gill. Just be patient, you will get it soon, it took me a while to hear from them too.

Thanks Wayne...I appreciate it!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.