Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who lives in Atlanta?? We were planing to go to Atlanta for a PriAmerica siminar, but it looks as though we won't be attending the siminar, but we thought we could enjoy the city instead :jest: :energetic:

Hey Denden I have been working all weekend but I live in Atlanta!!!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Timeline
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT...I JUST GOT A EMAIL REPLY FROM THE EMBASSY THAT CONFIRMING THAT THE APPT FOR MAY 24TH IS FOR AN INTERVIEW ..I AM SO HAPPY...IF HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MEDICAL IN TIME FOR THE RESULTS TO GET TO THE EMBASSY WHAT HAPPENS THEN ?

Congrats on your interview date :thumbs:

Ditto :thumbs:

Hey family!!!!

I don't know if anyone has tried this (mobilecaller.com) but i got 541 mins for $20.00. You can register your house phone and cell phone. My hubby has alot of friends and fam back in the yard and this really cut my bill 75%.

Hope everyone's having a good day. :dance:

I think those rates you quoted are for land lines. Cell minutes are $.19 per minute. I still think that's about the best deal I've seen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning and welcome to all the newcomers.

GOOD MORNING JAMAICA TO CT

WHERE IN JA ARE I FROM ?

I'm not Jamaican-

I was born and raised in Connecticut and happened to fall in love with a Jamaican man, the island and culture.

OH OK..THATS NICE TO HEAR "OUT OF MANY ONE PEOPLE" :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I am not sure where your man is in JA, but Hope Medical in Mobay can be very accomodating squeezing you in for an appointment quickly. Though they cost a little more than the 2 in Kingston.

Unfortunately Kingston does not always follow their own procedures, but you should be able to get what they call a Blue Sheet Interview, which can take about 2 weeks two schedule. Of course The idiots scheduled a full blown interview for my wife for April 3rd, when we were waiting on a physical, even though that is not what they said they would do.

Here is the info on the medical. Since you have your date make your appointment tomorrow.

YOUR MEDICAL EXAMINATION

1. SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT

You must schedule your medical examination at least seven days prior to the date of your visa interview. The date of your visa interview appears on your appointment letter. Failure to complete your ..medical examination by the seven days prior to your visa interview may result in delays with your visa application, so you should be sure to make arrangements to take your exam at the earliest opportunity.

There are three locations authorized to perform examinations for immigrant visas, and you may have your exam done at the most convenient location for you.

MoBay Hope Medical Centre Andrews Memorial Hospital Dr. Michael Banbury

Half Moon Shopping Village 27 Hope Road Medical Associates Hospital

Rose Hall, Montego Bay Kingston 10 18 Tangerine PI

St. James (876)926-7401-3 Kingston 10

(876)953-3981 (876)908-2123

US$95 for adults US$90 for adults US$80 for adults

US$50 for children under 15 US$50 for children under 15 US$47 for children under 15

You must call ahead to schedule a specific appointment time with the doctor of your choice.

2. MEDICAL EXAMINATION FEES

The fee schedule is as noted above, payable in U.S. dollars or the Jamaican equivalent. No personal cheques are accepted.

3. WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION

-Completed medical history form (on reverse) -Your appointment letter

-Passport -Four (4) passport size pictures

-Any immunization records showing prior vaccinations **Please remove all necklaces and neck chains prior to the examination.

4. IMMUNIZATION

U.S. immigration law requires that all applicants be vaccinated for the following diseases:

Mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), pneumococcal, and influenza.

Depending upon your age, you may not need all of these vaccinations. Please present your immunization records to the physician at the time of the examination for the physician to determine which immunizations you may need. You may receive any needed vaccinations at the time of your examination. Please note that immunization fees are not included in the cost of your examination. Please be prepared to pay for any additional vaccines that you may require.

5. HIV TESTING

During the immigrant visa medical examination, the physician tests all applicants over the age of 15 for antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a disease which may lead to acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). In cases in which the physician has reason to believe that a child under age 15 might be HIV-positive, he or she may require that the child undergo a blood test.

AIDS is the name given to a group of illnesses that may occur in persons infected with HTV. Infection with HIV causes a defect in a person's natural immunity against disease. This defect leaves infected people vulnerable to serious illnesses that would not normally be a threat to someone with a healthy immune system. A positive test result for HIV does not mean you have AIDS, but that you are at risk to' develop it. Any positive results will be confirmed with an additional test.

The results of your test will be provided to a consular officer, and may be reported to the Jamaican health authorities, as required by Jamaican law. If the test results are positive, you will be ineligible for the visa and the consular officer is required by U.S. law to deny the application. However, a waiver of this ineligibility may be possible, and the consular officer will explore that possibility with you during the interview.

Revised 11/05

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT...I JUST GOT A EMAIL REPLY FROM THE EMBASSY THAT CONFIRMING THAT THE APPT FOR MAY 24TH IS FOR AN INTERVIEW ..I AM SO HAPPY...IF HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MEDICAL IN TIME FOR THE RESULTS TO GET TO THE EMBASSY WHAT HAPPENS THEN ?

THANK YOU SO MUCH ERIC FOR ALL UR INFO..MUCH APPRECIATED..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

I might seem a little impatient, but is is normal that my file has not been touched since the 5th of April which was coincidentally the same day I received my NOA1.

I'm just a little worried that it has not been touched, I look at other timelines at Vermont and it seem like they issue NAO2's or RFE's within 2 weeks of the NOA1. I'm just wondering whether or not they lost my package or something. At one point should I consider calling?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you're waaaaay too impatient :lol: Your NOA1 is ONLY 2 weeks old!!! I had to wait approx. 90 days from my NOA1 til the NOA2. Count yourself lucky that you're going thru Vermont.

HEY RHONDAPAYTER I WASN'T SURE IF YOU WERE EPLYING TO ME...WHAT DO U MEAN MY NOA IS ONLY 2 WKS ? IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT HALF OF THESE ACRONYMS ARE

THANKS

The NOA is Notice of Approval. You get an NOA1 when you first send in your Visa petition. Then, after it is approved, you will get an NOA2. The majority of us had to wait 2 to 4 months from the time we sent in our petition until we received an NOA2. That's why I said you're being impatient :P You just got your NOA1 on April 5 right? That was just a few weeks ago!!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

The NOA is Notice of Approval. You get an NOA1 when you first send in your Visa petition. Then, after it is approved, you will get an NOA2. The majority of us had to wait 2 to 4 months from the time we sent in our petition until we received an NOA2. That's why I said you're being impatient :P You just got your NOA1 on April 5 right? That was just a few weeks ago!!!

It's been almost 84 days for me, am I allowed to be impatient?

What I would like to do with CSC adjudicator -> :bonk:

Timeline

I am not sure where your man is in JA, but Hope Medical in Mobay can be very accomodating squeezing you in for an appointment quickly. Though they cost a little more than the 2 in Kingston.

Unfortunately Kingston does not always follow their own procedures, but you should be able to get what they call a Blue Sheet Interview, which can take about 2 weeks two schedule. Of course The idiots scheduled a full blown interview for my wife for April 3rd, when we were waiting on a physical, even though that is not what they said they would do.

Here is the info on the medical. Since you have your date make your appointment tomorrow.

YOUR MEDICAL EXAMINATION

1. SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT

You must schedule your medical examination at least seven days prior to the date of your visa interview. The date of your visa interview appears on your appointment letter. Failure to complete your ..medical examination by the seven days prior to your visa interview may result in delays with your visa application, so you should be sure to make arrangements to take your exam at the earliest opportunity.

There are three locations authorized to perform examinations for immigrant visas, and you may have your exam done at the most convenient location for you.

MoBay Hope Medical Centre Andrews Memorial Hospital Dr. Michael Banbury

Half Moon Shopping Village 27 Hope Road Medical Associates Hospital

Rose Hall, Montego Bay Kingston 10 18 Tangerine PI

St. James (876)926-7401-3 Kingston 10

(876)953-3981 (876)908-2123

US$95 for adults US$90 for adults US$80 for adults

US$50 for children under 15 US$50 for children under 15 US$47 for children under 15

You must call ahead to schedule a specific appointment time with the doctor of your choice.

2. MEDICAL EXAMINATION FEES

The fee schedule is as noted above, payable in U.S. dollars or the Jamaican equivalent. No personal cheques are accepted.

3. WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION

-Completed medical history form (on reverse) -Your appointment letter

-Passport -Four (4) passport size pictures

-Any immunization records showing prior vaccinations **Please remove all necklaces and neck chains prior to the examination.

4. IMMUNIZATION

U.S. immigration law requires that all applicants be vaccinated for the following diseases:

Mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), pneumococcal, and influenza.

Depending upon your age, you may not need all of these vaccinations. Please present your immunization records to the physician at the time of the examination for the physician to determine which immunizations you may need. You may receive any needed vaccinations at the time of your examination. Please note that immunization fees are not included in the cost of your examination. Please be prepared to pay for any additional vaccines that you may require.

5. HIV TESTING

During the immigrant visa medical examination, the physician tests all applicants over the age of 15 for antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a disease which may lead to acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). In cases in which the physician has reason to believe that a child under age 15 might be HIV-positive, he or she may require that the child undergo a blood test.

AIDS is the name given to a group of illnesses that may occur in persons infected with HTV. Infection with HIV causes a defect in a person's natural immunity against disease. This defect leaves infected people vulnerable to serious illnesses that would not normally be a threat to someone with a healthy immune system. A positive test result for HIV does not mean you have AIDS, but that you are at risk to' develop it. Any positive results will be confirmed with an additional test.

The results of your test will be provided to a consular officer, and may be reported to the Jamaican health authorities, as required by Jamaican law. If the test results are positive, you will be ineligible for the visa and the consular officer is required by U.S. law to deny the application. However, a waiver of this ineligibility may be possible, and the consular officer will explore that possibility with you during the interview.

Revised 11/05

This is so awesome! Thank you so much. And congratulations on your visa! (L)

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Hello all. The stranger is back. First thing VISA APPROVED :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Thursday April 19th.

:thumbs: Congrats!!! It's been a long time coming!!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Hey family!!!!

I don't know if anyone has tried this (mobilecaller.com) but i got 541 mins for $20.00. You can register your house phone and cell phone. My hubby has alot of friends and fam back in the yard and this really cut my bill 75%.

I think those rates you quoted are for land lines. Cell minutes are $.19 per minute. I still think that's about the best deal I've seen.

Watch out for all the connection fees from this provider. When it comes to calling a cell in JA Ringyard is still a better deal, cause they don't have connection fees and such.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

I'll be back tomorrow - going to a friend's house and she's cooking enchiladas and tamales for me and I am just too excited to have authentic Mexican food :lol: this has been one of the few cravings I've had

Have a good night everyone! Rhonda, hang in there at work :yes:

Thanks!! Mexican food sounds good right now!! :innocent:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Tee hee hee, finally got my new pregnancy ticker to work :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning all!!! Hope you have a great weekend.

CONGRATS TO U BOTH DAMN ITHAS BEEN A LONG BATTLE. I WISH U GUYS PEACE AND HAPPINESS PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED AFTER SHE COMES

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Hey family!!!!

Watch out for all the connection fees from this provider. When it comes to calling a cell in JA Ringyard is still a better deal, cause they don't have connection fees and such.

Ringyard is what I am using now. I still have $ .10 a minute but once I use that purchase up; it'll change to .19 per minute. You're right, there are no connection fees and the rounding is good too on Ringyard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.