Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

I have shared my complete story with a couple of people and some have encouraged me to share on the Yardie thread…I haven’t had the courage to do so before now but I can see that it might be helpful and felt that now is the right time. Also I have been getting a lot of questions via PM about my life and the move and just wanted to answer them all at one time...So this is my story and even if it is useful to ONE person than it is worth it.

Jamie, thank you SOOOOOOO much for sharing your story. I've been really worried about you and wondering how things were going. You are doing the RIGHT thing. If you need anything at all, e-mail me, PM me or call me.

We (L) You

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking, the Yardie compund is a really cool idea. But until we can settle on a location hows about we HOUSE SWAP! Kinda like that show Wife Swap, except were not exchanging husbands and wives, were swapping homes for a weekend.

:lol: I think it would be even better if we did do a "wife swap"!!! :lol: Wouldn't that be funny to see how everyone else's Jamaican husband REALLY was??!!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Thanks again...I am so grateful for all the support :wub:

Jamie, I LOVE your Jamaican butterfly!!! Where did you get that? I want one :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

I just noticed I got another heart :dance:

I just noticed that I did too! :dance: Only another 1000 posts to go :blink:

You ladies chat too much :yes: I'm never gonna get my 2nd (L)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I might seem a little impatient, but is is normal that my file has not been touched since the 5th of April which was coincidentally the same day I received my NOA1.

I'm just a little worried that it has not been touched, I look at other timelines at Vermont and it seem like they issue NAO2's or RFE's within 2 weeks of the NOA1. I'm just wondering whether or not they lost my package or something. At one point should I consider calling?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you're waaaaay too impatient :lol: Your NOA1 is ONLY 2 weeks old!!! I had to wait approx. 90 days from my NOA1 til the NOA2. Count yourself lucky that you're going thru Vermont.

HEY RHONDAPAYTER I WASN'T SURE IF YOU WERE EPLYING TO ME...WHAT DO U MEAN MY NOA IS ONLY 2 WKS ? IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT HALF OF THESE ACRONYMS ARE

THANKS

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've been thinking, the Yardie compund is a really cool idea. But until we can settle on a location hows about we HOUSE SWAP! Kinda like that show Wife Swap, except were not exchanging husbands and wives, were swapping homes for a weekend.

:lol: I think it would be even better if we did do a "wife swap"!!! :lol: Wouldn't that be funny to see how everyone else's Jamaican husband REALLY was??!!!

:lol: Good morning.

Timeline
I might seem a little impatient, but is is normal that my file has not been touched since the 5th of April which was coincidentally the same day I received my NOA1.

I'm just a little worried that it has not been touched, I look at other timelines at Vermont and it seem like they issue NAO2's or RFE's within 2 weeks of the NOA1. I'm just wondering whether or not they lost my package or something. At one point should I consider calling?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you're waaaaay too impatient :lol: Your NOA1 is ONLY 2 weeks old!!! I had to wait approx. 90 days from my NOA1 til the NOA2. Count yourself lucky that you're going thru Vermont.

HEY RHONDAPAYTER I WASN'T SURE IF YOU WERE EPLYING TO ME...WHAT DO U MEAN MY NOA IS ONLY 2 WKS ? IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT HALF OF THESE ACRONYMS ARE

THANKS

HEY DISREGARD...I SAW WHAT YOU WERE REPLYING TO..FORGIVE A LITTLE NEW TO THIS

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

:lol: Good morning.

GOOD MORNING

Timeline

Hello all. The stranger is back. First thing VISA APPROVED :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Thursday April 19th.

Of course as the rest of our case went it was another roller coaster ride. Here’s how the last month or so went. Where I left off we were told Nickiesha needed another physical on her interview on Feb 20th. They also told us that they would schedule her a BLUE SHEET interview before her police report expired on March 23rd, if we got the physical done quickly. That day we scheduled another physical for just a few days later. The following day I requested the appointment. It took weeks for them to come back with an April 3rd date; of course this was too late for the police report. Calls reminding them of their promise by myself and Indiana Senator Lugar’s office had no effect. So Nickiesha goes for an expedited police report. She returns as scheduled to pick it up. They tell her sorry it’s not ready we will send it to your local police station for Thursday April 5th. Of course that is too late so we have to reschedule the interview. Of course it did show up in the afternoon on April 3rd. I manage to get an April 19th date at 12:30, which is 1:30 here in Indiana. Around 2pm I get a call from Nickiesha, they will not let her in for the interview; her name is not on the list. I tell her to wait across the street; I’m going to make some calls. I call Senator Lugar’s office, they say they’ll call the embassy and see what they can do. I call a few times myself, I get routed to voicemail and then eventually to the idiot security guard that was giving my wife the problems in the first place. End result of my calls the idiot tells me that we will have to get another appointment. I tell him that this isn’t the end of it they will be hearing from a US Senator. About 45 minutes later I get a call from the senator’s office. They tell me they found where she did have an appointment and had no explanation why she was not on the list. He still had them on the line at the time. He asks me if she is still there. I say yes she is waiting across the street. I was told she should come back in 5 minutes they will let the security guard know she can be let in. I would have loved to see that man’s face when he was told. I suspect the office was embarrassed over the situation as when she got to the door they brought her straight in, took her passport and police report and she was out of there in less than 20 minutes. Throughout this whole procedure they including the previous interview they never asked her one question.

Nickiesha’s flight is next week Saturday. Four years and five scheduled interviews later finally a visa.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline

THis should be fine, only the w-2 in a separate mail concerns me. I filed 3 years as single and amended them all at the same time when we finally got the paperwork to file for the ITIN. It took a few months but the refund checks eventually showed up. Funny thing is, when getting a transcript on my taxes from the IRS the amended tax returns did not show, only the originals.

Hey!

Since you guys are talking about taxes, I have a quick question about amending taxes.

[Wait: Good morning to everyone, I hope you all are having a great day. :yes: ]

Ok, so I just amended my taxes because I made a couple mistakes. First, I filed online with a filing status as single because I didn't know about the ITIN number for hubby. Plus I received an extra 1099 form that I need to add as income.

So I amended my taxes by paper and I mailed them in at 11:58pm on the day the 17th. Since I have been pregnant I have been losing my mind, and I forgot to send in one of my W-2 forms with my amendment so I have to mail that separately. And then to top things off, I mailed my amended taxes with the application for the ITIN to the ITIN department, because the instructions told me to. (Hopefully that was right, since I am not orginally filing, but correcting what I already filed- but it should because the ITIN is the reason for the amendment.....these are my inner thoughts.)

I have been sitting on my little butt, stuffing my face, and watching Passions and Grey's Anatomy (and Notes From The Underbelly) and I want to get some things together for the rest of this process for my hubby. SO, my question is (whew!)... the paper copy of the amendment...is that what I should send my hubby OR will the IRS send me a new copy of my tax forms with some kind of stamp of approval? I have never amended before..obviously.

Thanks,

Miss Jones

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nickiesha’s flight is next week Saturday. Four years and five scheduled interviews later finally a visa.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally after waiting so long :dance::dance:

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it all happened...I can't believe all the ####### you have had to go through :wacko: Congrats again :yes:

Timeline
Hello all. The stranger is back. First thing VISA APPROVED :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Thursday April 19th.

Of course as the rest of our case went it was another roller coaster ride. Here’s how the last month or so went. Where I left off we were told Nickiesha needed another physical on her interview on Feb 20th. They also told us that they would schedule her a BLUE SHEET interview before her police report expired on March 23rd, if we got the physical done quickly. That day we scheduled another physical for just a few days later. The following day I requested the appointment. It took weeks for them to come back with an April 3rd date; of course this was too late for the police report. Calls reminding them of their promise by myself and Indiana Senator Lugar’s office had no effect. So Nickiesha goes for an expedited police report. She returns as scheduled to pick it up. They tell her sorry it’s not ready we will send it to your local police station for Thursday April 5th. Of course that is too late so we have to reschedule the interview. Of course it did show up in the afternoon on April 3rd. I manage to get an April 19th date at 12:30, which is 1:30 here in Indiana. Around 2pm I get a call from Nickiesha, they will not let her in for the interview; her name is not on the list. I tell her to wait across the street; I’m going to make some calls. I call Senator Lugar’s office, they say they’ll call the embassy and see what they can do. I call a few times myself, I get routed to voicemail and then eventually to the idiot security guard that was giving my wife the problems in the first place. End result of my calls the idiot tells me that we will have to get another appointment. I tell him that this isn’t the end of it they will be hearing from a US Senator. About 45 minutes later I get a call from the senator’s office. They tell me they found where she did have an appointment and had no explanation why she was not on the list. He still had them on the line at the time. He asks me if she is still there. I say yes she is waiting across the street. I was told she should come back in 5 minutes they will let the security guard know she can be let in. I would have loved to see that man’s face when he was told. I suspect the office was embarrassed over the situation as when she got to the door they brought her straight in, took her passport and police report and she was out of there in less than 20 minutes. Throughout this whole procedure they including the previous interview they never asked her one question.

CONGRATS ERIC...I'M IN THE WAITING FROM FOR INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY HUSBAND...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.