Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
the problem i forsee with mr jengles is how much money he wants to send down to JA, my man said he wanted to send down $150.00 a week, so i calmly informed how much daycare will cost for our little bundle of joy, and stated that we need a bigger house. After that he did wig out a little bit wondering if he could get a job that would pay him enough so that he could meet his "personal responsibilities" as he put it. So that is where I said this is why u are getting your GED and will go to school for your CDL. The only thing he's asked for since he's been here is a pair of sneakers and I told him I don't buy footwear for men and kept it moving.

:lol: that's funny. $150/week is a lot of money. Does he have children in JA?

Damien's family called a lot when he first got here. They still ask for money but not as often. And it's usually a small amount like $30 or so. I had a good conversation with one of his brothers when I was there last July..I think it helped. Let's see how long that will last.

Damien has 3 grown brothers. I have no understanding of taking care of grown able bodied folks. Now when it comes to his father (he has major back problems) and baby brother (3 years old)..that's a different story. But he still doesn't ask for much.

I don't have all day to talk about his mother :angry: she is a mess.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys.

I don't mean to bring any bad news but my uncle was killed yesterday and his killer is still on the loose.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

(L) Marie

My Uncle - Alvin "Texas" Smith

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending prayers up for you and your family.

lolololol....

I wrote that!!!

I guess you're on Jamaicans.com too!!!

They went on and on about their fine "boyfriends" and everything that happened on the trip. I asked how long that had been with their boyfriends...and all of them admitted that this was their first trip to Jamaica. When I asked them how they dealt with the attention from gigalos...they all looked at me like I had two heads and said what gigalos?

Oh boy :unsure: I can already see how this is going to end. It's sad but I see it happen all the time while I'm down there. Last time, a guy on the beach was trying to get ME to give him money - even after I pointed out my JA husband napping on a nearby lounge chair :wacko: He wanted me to sneak him $20 so he could get home. I told him to take a Juta bus or route taxi and no way would it cost him $20! :lol: That got rid of him!!

The guys in JA are so bold-faced. I was leaving JA and checked into the airport at 4:30am and spent some time outside with Mike before I had to go through customs/immigration. As I was going through security this guy was trying to pick me up. I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes. It is so sad, because most of them is just looking for an easy ride and don't care sho they pick up.

Welcome back Claire...we would love to see some pics. :whistle::dance:

The guys in JA are so bold-faced. I was leaving JA and checked into the airport at 4:30am and spent some time outside with Mike before I had to go through customs/immigration. As I was going through security this guy was trying to pick me up. I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes. It is so sad, because most of them is just looking for an easy ride and don't care sho they pick up.

Ummmm....in the 10 yrs I've been going to Jamaica, that's how they've ALWAYS been !!!! Anywhere, everywhere...even with my son at my side !!! Everytime we've gone out to catch our ride to Negril, the group of men/boys sitting there.... "1st time to Jamaica" and proceed to TRY .....and I've been 26x !!

Hey ladies...I want to post something that I read back in 2003. It is purely fictional...and I didn't write it. The author stated that she is fine with others using it. So here is goes:

New Diary of a Gigolo...

DISCLAIMER - The following in not meant to be a slur on any gigolos or is it trying to say Jamaican men are all like this...

Day 1

Wake up to alarm clack a ring.

Cho man, if mi neva know seh mi haffi gwaan like mi ago miss dis fool fool gyal, mi woulda neva a wake up dem ungodly hours jus fi go a airport fi mek sure diss fool fool gyal send mi some money afta shi gaan...An mi cyaa tek di false crying ting...

Haffi put an mi best suit a close, mi waa har fi memba mi ina dis bess light...

Cho, mek mi run go ova Miss Myrtle yaad fi tief coupla har rose dem, mek mi gie di gyaal..

'Mass Charlie, draap mi outa airport nuh man, mi nuh have nuh money fi pay yuh now, but juss wait outside, a she gaan mi come pay yuh.'

At the aiport

'Dawlin, we may have been together for just a few nights, but you have touched my soul' Lawd gad, mi hope lightning nuh strike mi dung

Her-'Oh Romeo darling, I really don't to go, I want to stay here, I don't care if we don't have money, I just want to be with you'.

Me -'Darling, you know I feel that way too...please stay..' But kiss mi behine, a waa di xxxxx du dis chupid gyal, a mad shi muss mad..hurry up gwaan back goh fine mi some dallas, afta mi nuh mad

Her-'Baby, you know I have to go...'

Me -'If that's what you have to do, I can't stop you, I will count the days until you return.' Gyal, GWAAN NUH MAN

Cho, is why mi wear mi nice white shirt dowe...look how dis gyaal a dutty it up wid har cow bawlin...

Her - 'Darling, here's all my leftover money..'

Me - 'Baby, how many times do I have to tell you I don't want anything from you..'A hope dis gyal nuh spend aff har money an nuh lef none fi mi, is how it look so likkle bit, cho man

Her - 'Darling, I insist, you don't have to prove anything to me.'

Me - 'Baby, you know I love you'. tekking di money, bwaay a dis alone she a come gie big man....she a diss...but is alright, as she reach she haffi guh sen more...

Bwaay mi tink di fool fool gyal neva dida badda go home...mek mi juss walk go rouna arrivals likkle, neva know mi luck...

Rahtid, is how mi so lucky si waan gyal deh, fresh affa di plane...mek mi si a who shi come wid...lawd, it look like a juss shi...my time noe fi rope een..

Me- 'Welcome to Jamaica, beautiful.' mi nuh really like when dem fat so, but at least shi nuh big lakka some mi si

Her-'Um thank you.' oooh he's not bad looking, I wonder if it's true what they say about these Jamaican men

Me -'I was just here sending off my younger sister to the States, and it was as if God told me not to go so soon.' Dis ya lyrics wicked, muss ketch har

Her-'I don't know what to say.' Looks like I've pulled, but maybe he's just after my money or just wants sex...

Me -'Where are you staying, I might be able to give you a ride..' mi hope a Negril she a go, if shi seh yes, ar mi goose cook, shi naah go come man, shi ago fraid..

Her-'My hotel has arranged a ride, I'm fine.I'll be staying in Negril.' Wasn't that sweet of him to offer, but no way would I go with someone I just met..

Me -'It's very hot in here, can I buy you a drink...I'm sure you'd enjoy a cold Red Stripe..' Is how dis gyaal a sweat like hag....mi fraid she faint wey pan mi...

Her-'Yes please, I'd love one, here's the money..' Let's see what happens, if he takes it, he's after money..

Me -'Here in Jamaica, if we offer you a drink, we pay for it, I'll get it now..don't you go away...' Da US money deh woulda du mi good ya nung, but mi haffi play di game, nuh worry, mi wi soon tek yuh money

Her-'Oh I'm sorry, oh no, I have to go, there's my bus now...' Hope he asks me if he can see me again...

Me -'Can I meet up with you real soon, I can't let you just walk away..' Dis gyaal is just ripe fi mi, afta shi cyaan ramp wid mi

Her-'I'm staying at the Beach hotel.' oooh he wants to meet up with me....yessssss

Me -'Shall I come and pick you up at 5, then I can take you out for dinner.' Mi hope seh anno nuff shi nyaam ar a bruk she ago bruk mi

Her-'Ok..' He's offering to buy me dinner, he MUST be ok then...

TO BE CONTINUED...............

I should have known with that pretty little baby. WOW! Why yuh nuh answa mi PM pon Ja.com? Mi love dis story tuh baxside...but ie nuh go ova tuh well here...LOL.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Hello everyone!

First off...Marie I am so sorry for the loss of your uncle :(

Hope all my Yardie family is doing well :)

So as for the recent topic...

Andre was 27 when he got here and is 29 now. He has changed a lot since he first got here...I am sure I changed a lot as well. I think the biggest thing was going from a "vacation/no worries attitude" to a "real life/work/responsibility attitude". Andre has a hard time realizing that what people have didn't happen overnight and it won't happen overnight for him. I don't know how many times I have had to explain that they have ______ fill in the blank because they have worked hard for YEARS to obtain that and it is crazy to expect to have the same things in only a matter of months.

We also had a hard time with what I call the "kid in a candy shop" syndrome. There was just so many "new" things here to do and with the money he was making he liked to go out and buy tons of stuff and spend it on "wants" instead of "needs". He got caught up with the wrong crowd and reverted back to the "bachelor" life forgetting he was now a married man.

The adjustment for us has been brutal. It is still something we deal with almost daily 25 months later. I think each person adjust differently and each person will go through struggles...some more severe than others. All in all it takes a boatload of patience and understanding and sometimes some good couples therapy if you can get them there ;):yes:

Just my $0.02

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
Hi guys.

I don't mean to bring any bad news but my uncle was killed yesterday and his killer is still on the loose.

(L) Marie

you and your family are in my prayers Marie...

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Rhonda!! I am hoping I feel better. I went to the doctor today and have lost 10 pounds in a month and a half. Due to morning sickness. Eww thats the glucose test yuck!! I hate drink chalk like material. I had to do that once when I was sick in the hospital. The doctor send next month its time to draw more blood yippee. Ew and a wonderful flu shot tomorrow. UGH

The glucose test isn't that bad. It tastes like flat orange soda. It's just really sugary. Keep it in the fridge before you drink it - it goes down better! The chalky drink that you're talking about, I think that's the one for the Upper GI test. I've had that one done too, and yes that stuff is NASTY :P

I can't believe you've lost so much weight :o Is there anything you can eat that will stay down? I know carbs worked best for me when I was feeling ill - crackers, toast, pasta, etc.

I wish I could say carbs help but they don't. We eat lots of carbs in our house but nothing ever stays down. Doc said in a week I should feel better.

Shauna I love the cartoon!!

My husband and I met in Jan of 1998 at his high school. My college had a course called Teaching Experiences in Jamaica. I taught his high school band and some music classes. My husband was 15 when we first meet and I was 19. When he became legal at the age of 18 we started dating. We were really just great friends at first I visited 8 times with my college group. We got in a lot of trouble from our proffesor about liking each other and scold for making out. Then our proffesors couldn't do anything more when I graduated college and I made my first trip alone in Dec 01. We got engaged in 2002 and married in August 2006. So far things have been great and I am glad we waited 9 years for him to arrive in the states. He is still young at 25.

The teaching experience in Jamaica has given me a lot of oppurtunites to look at Jamaica different than any tourist even on my first trip. We had an exchange program where I hosted 5 Jamaican men at one time at school. Three which stayed in my dorm room for 2 weeks. Let me tell you that perpared me for my husbands culture shock. This Saturday I will be picking up one of our friends from my old alumni EC college and we have all Saturday to show him around. It is never ending I think I have shown about 10 students around Il/Chicago area.

The job thing relax it takes time my hubby just found a job last month that would fit around his work schedule and no I never see him on the weekends working until the wee hours in the morning. He is still looking for something better in the mean time too.

Hi guys.

(L) Marie

you and your family are in my prayers Marie...

Ditto (F)(L)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys.

(L) Marie

Oh Marie,

I am so very sorry to hear that.

It's like people really don't value life anymore.

You, your family and your beloved Uncle are in my prayers.

Strength and peace be with you & your family at this time.

(L), Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
the problem i forsee with mr jengles is how much money he wants to send down to JA, my man said he wanted to send down $150.00 a week, so i calmly informed how much daycare will cost for our little bundle of joy, and stated that we need a bigger house. After that he did wig out a little bit wondering if he could get a job that would pay him enough so that he could meet his "personal responsibilities" as he put it. So that is where I said this is why u are getting your GED and will go to school for your CDL. The only thing he's asked for since he's been here is a pair of sneakers and I told him I don't buy footwear for men and kept it moving.

Yah, that is a problem. The money home thing. Good luck with that. Gets especially hard when they start putting more pressure on him.

The shoes things cracks me up. Been there on that one.

AND the big one........is when family/friends in JA find out he's working !!!! Than expect those calls to come in like crazy !!!! Craig's mother called every Thursday night at 10:30pm (knowing he gets paid every Friday) !!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
We go to the Embassy at about Then says when will u get married so he says Dec 30th the day we met so she says awwwwww. She says to him you dont have 7 wives in another country do you. He laughs and says oh nooo. She pulls out the little pink small paper and says congratulations and then tells him where to go to airpak. I think thats all.

CONGRATS JALOVE :dance::dance:

Congrats!!! :dance:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
MY GUY IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF, :angry::angry: ITS SO HARD TO GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM TIRED I JUST WANT TO REST ,AND ITS LIKE HE ALWAYS TRYING TO COMPARE HOW THINGS ARE DONE IN JAMAICA TO HOW WE DO THINGS IN THE USA DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEMS.

Things'll be diffrent when he comes...Now we are both tired, we just fall in bed at the same time exhausted :luv:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I KNOW I MUST NIP IT NOW, ITS LIKE WHEN HE CALL AND I DONT ANSWER HE CALL RIGHT BACK AND BACK HECK I WORK 2 JOBS A SISTA BE BEAT SOME DAYS

Fi real, you must be tired :unsure: Girl you need a serious spa day. You let him have it, shock him into being more considerate. As hardworking as you are, you need some serious rest. Has he always been like this?

NAW HE HAVENT BUT HE SAID LATELY WHEN HE CALL I DONT ANSWER BUT I JUST BEEN REALLY BUSY MY AUNT WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND DR WAS SAYING SHE HAVE A 50/50 CHANCE OF LIVING SO I WAS SITTING BEDSIDE WITH HER AND MY JOB IS STRESSFUL ENOUGH AND HE KNOW THIS BUT HE IS ONLY MAKING IT BAD FOR HIS SELF

How is your Aunt? I hope she is doing much better. He needs to help you relieve stress, not add to it. Nuh mind, he will do better.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Hello Ladies !!!

I am back after spending 6 glorious days in JA with Mike. :dance::dance::dance: I had some mishaps during my travel but the time I spent with him was well worth it. I am planning to catch up with all that I've missed in the last week and I see as usual that you girls have been chatting a whole lot, :yes::lol: but I love it and miss you all terribly. :yes::) I felt so lost without you all. LOL

Welcome back Claire, we missed you :yes:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill - Ah wah yu waan mi do...go ah session. Man on my way home, I was hearing some sweet tunes, TOK, Sean Paul, Spragga, Beenie, Buju, Capleton...mi did ready fi up inna di clubs

Tam, mi a tell u..u know how long mi no go out..and it seem like mi nahh go no weh til mis siters fashion show :lol:

:lol::lol: ... I hear deh two a onunh! Truss mi deh last time I went out was Sunday Breeze in Long Bay, JA...June 30, 2007!!! Yes,...now heveryone knows I HAVE NO LIFE!!! :lol::lol::lol: It alright...I will mek up fi lost party inna Rebel Salute...(dem blasted embassy people better give me a appropriate interview date fi coincide wid 'Deh Salute') :lol::lol:;) B)

Gill

Mi naah guh a dance fram 2005-2006 (Gran Market Night on Christmas Eve, and New Years party) :(:crying:

Unnu can have Spragga - a di wan name King Shango mi love :luv:

Yuh nuh heasy atall...man thief gyal come out! Chat bout yuh love mi husband...FIYYYAAAHHH!!!! Yuh go pick hup Sizzla. cha! :angry:

Ohhhhh, it's Capelton onnuh a fight ova? I didn't realize 'im call King Shango! Yeah, mi like 'im tune dem tuh! I'll keep mi Spragga though...may deh best Empress win...ding ding! :lol:

Blessed-Gill

Mi naah run fram no dutty gyal :lol:

acid ready fi fling pon Jawi

Welcome 1luv

See whaa mi mean? Yuh nuh ready fe Capleton. Yuh still move like yuh dere wid de Don Sizzla...run go elp yuh man hide more gun and ting inna yaad.

I and I his an Empress...and mi his Empress Shango tuh yuh. Tonks.

Empress? Di way yuh dutty wine an tailfeather? CHA. Go back wid Beenie my girl.

Mi naah share no man - war a war!

(llllmmmmaaaaooooooo @ TONKS)

Mi tell yuh bout mi Beenie Man fantasy inna secret mi yout?!! Ow yuh so brite and outta orda? Cha! I and I his a rassclat EMPRESS STAR!!!!! Mi nuh share nuh man...mi nuh fight ova man...ow yuh tink mi get Capleton fe married tuh mi? Mi hongly wine and tailfeather fe mi King inna privacy of we bedroom. TONKS!

I met Beenie Man on my way to JA last week and took a picture with him and got his autograph for my daughter. Big UP :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Speaking of when and how we met, we haven't compared stories in a long while. How did you ladies meet your boyfriend/fiance/husband? How long did you know each other before you filed? How many times have you been to Jamaica?

Awwww...that was a sweet story Rhonda. I met Aaron 13 years ago in church - we attended the Kingston Open Bible Church. I was sitting with my best friend and her boyfriend (now her husband) and I saw this handsome young man sitting in a center aisle of the church. I commented to my friends that I thought he was cute and it turned out that BF's boyfriend knew him. At first Aaron didn't want to meet me, but we wore him down and he caved in. I would say the rest is history, but we lost contact when I moved here first in '95 and reconnected in '99. We have been together since. :wub::wub:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.