10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey guys just join VJ and a give a big up to everyone

Welcome Kimmy to the yardie group :thumbs: All the best on your visa process.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

THANK YOU I NEED I'M GETTING A LITTLE DEPRESSES IT SEEMS IT'S TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just noticed I got another heart :dance:

I just noticed that I did too! :dance: Only another 1000 posts to go :blink:

THANK YOU I NEED I'M GETTING A LITTLE DEPRESSES IT SEEMS IT'S TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED

Welcome! It can be depressing but hang in there it will be over before you know it. If you don't mind I would love to hear a bit about yourself...How long have you been married? When did you send in your petition?

Again welcome to the Yardies thread!

Timeline

Wow Kimmy it looks like you have been waiting almost a year since your marriage. No wonder you are frustrated hang in there. :star:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Wow Kimmy it looks like you have been waiting almost a year since your marriage. No wonder you are frustrated hang in there. :star:

YES I HAVE BEEN..IT WILL SOON BE A YEAR SINCE I FILED...IT'S GOING TO BE 2 YRS SINCE WE GOT MARRIED..I JUST HAD MY DAUGHTER THAT SAME YEAR AND WAS OUT FOR 4MTHS SO...THATS WHAT REALLY CAUSED THE DELAY IN THE PROCESS

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Welcome! It can be depressing but hang in there it will be over before you know it. If you don't mind I would love to hear a bit about yourself...How long have you been married? When did you send in your petition?

THANKS ....I'LL BE MARRIED 2 YRS IN MAY....I SENT MY PETITION 4/26/06..AND GOT AND APPROVAL IN AUGUST EVERYTHING WAS GOING SMOOTHE UNTIL IT HIT JAMAICA..AND I TRY CALLING, EMAILING AND NOTHING..SO MI A RUN OUTTA PATIENCE YAH NOW..I WAS JUST DOWN THERE 2 WKS ABOUT..I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE LEST HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT THE INTERVIEW BUT NOTHING...

Timeline
BUT U KNOW BELWIN MI SEND OFF MY I-130 4MTHS BEFORE YOU RIGHT? HOW MINE A TEK SO DARN LONG

I have a conection I think. My dad is in a high postion in his burb of Chicago and the former speaker of the house our sentor has his office in the same town. It is all about the conections and knowing people I believe in this world. It is sad to say. Or maybe different cases take longer to clear with FBI checks that is what I have heard. I also used this thing called James short cuts on here it saved me a good two solid months at NVC.

Same thing with the taxes ITTN and getting my husbands copies of his passport notarized. I knew a notary.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

One more thing that I think helped I had relationship pictures in my I-130 from 1999 up to our wedding and I sent one in with Dwain and My family in the pictures. Just guessing this also may make a difference that I have about 8 years worth of evidence. You should see my interview binder it weighs a ton. My mom was asking do I really need all of that stuff. I wanted more but she is not willing to dig through her boxes for more proof. She is convieced we will do just fine.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
One more thing that I think helped I had relationship pictures in my I-130 from 1999 up to our wedding and I sent one in with Dwain and My family in the pictures. Just guessing this also may make a difference that I have about 8 years worth of evidence. You should see my interview binder it weighs a ton. My mom was asking do I really need all of that stuff. I wanted more but she is not willing to dig through her boxes for more proof. She is convieced we will do just fine.

UR SO RIGHT...LINKS GET YOU FAR..ALL WAS GOING WELL UNTIL WE HIT KINGSTON, BUT ALL IS FOR A REASON GOD HAS A PLAN...TALKING TO U GUYS HAS REALLY CALM MY NERVES A LITTLE I MUST SAY....

THANKS

Timeline

THANKS ....I'LL BE MARRIED 2 YRS IN MAY....I SENT MY PETITION 4/26/06..AND GOT AND APPROVAL IN AUGUST EVERYTHING WAS GOING SMOOTHE UNTIL IT HIT JAMAICA..AND I TRY CALLING, EMAILING AND NOTHING..SO MI A RUN OUTTA PATIENCE YAH NOW..I WAS JUST DOWN THERE 2 WKS ABOUT..I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE LEST HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT THE INTERVIEW BUT NOTHING...

Wow that is a long time. Maybe your interview will after your 2 yr anniversary so your spouse will get the IR visa instead and won't have to remove conditions like the rest of us.

Welcome to VJ!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Wow that is a long time. Maybe your interview will after your 2 yr anniversary so your spouse will get the IR visa instead and won't have to remove conditions like the rest of us.

Welcome to VJ!

HEY NYSENESS THATS ONE OF LOOKING AT IT...A POSITIVE WAY I SHOULD SAY...

Timeline

DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT DS 156, 156K, 157 EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NON-IMMIGRANT APPLICATIONS...I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED.. WHAT WILL I GET IN PACKETS 3 AND 4 ?

THANKS

I might seem a little impatient, but is is normal that my file has not been touched since the 5th of April which was coincidentally the same day I received my NOA1.

I'm just a little worried that it has not been touched, I look at other timelines at Vermont and it seem like they issue NAO2's or RFE's within 2 weeks of the NOA1. I'm just wondering whether or not they lost my package or something. At one point should I consider calling?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you're waaaaay too impatient :lol: Your NOA1 is ONLY 2 weeks old!!! I had to wait approx. 90 days from my NOA1 til the NOA2. Count yourself lucky that you're going thru Vermont.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.