Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Timeline
We have been together 2 and half months now. The time has speed by for us. We are thinking that we need more time past the expiration on her K-1 visa. What options do we have? If she were to go back to Jamaica would we have to go through the whole process from the beginning? What if we married in Jamaica the first quarter of the year? If we were to file a K-3 or CR-1 where would we start?

Oh, Jay. What happened?

Yes, if you go back to Jamaica, you have to refile. Same with the K-3 and CR-1. You would start from the beginning.

MY GUY IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF, :angry::angry: ITS SO HARD TO GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM TIRED I JUST WANT TO REST ,AND ITS LIKE HE ALWAYS TRYING TO COMPARE HOW THINGS ARE DONE IN JAMAICA TO HOW WE DO THINGS IN THE USA DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEMS.

What do you mean? Like going out all the time?

everything he want to compare like how we raise our children to the way they raise there children its really getting on my nerve

Sorry, but this makes me laugh.... because this stuff will continue to be like that even AFTER he gets here!!!!! Doesn't matter (as we've posted on several times in past posts), they don't "get it", "feel it", "know it" UNTIL they get here!!!! Craig STILL throws in my face.....even last night......well, in Jamaica we did it .....that way!!!! I have to remind him (15 months later) that you are IN THE US OF A !!!! We do NOT do that here !!!

Andre does that too, Luv. But, not in a mean way. Well, sometimes in mean way....like when he couldn't seem to pass the driver's license testing and he pretty much screamed in frustration that in Jamaica he would just buy one. All I did there was say.....is that really a good idea? to have people who can't pass the test actually driving. Think about it. He did and he saw a different perspective.

And, I've found that Andre is not always complementary to JA in his comparisions. Yesterday, he got a tatoo here. I have always said his Jamaican tatoos were not as professional as some I had seen here. (I balked yesterday when he told me the guy did the one he has in 20 minutes....now, I know why.) Yesterday, after his tatoo, he immediately, he said to me....I see the difference.

I guess my husband doesn't do a lot of that complaining and comparing stuff cause I usually just say, get used to it.

Craig wasn't saying in a mean way, just a stupid way.... like not thinking way....which is totally typical !!

Craig wants a tattoo as well, but they are veeeery expensive in our area. The one he would like to get....ugly !!! He HATES needles and when I tell him about getting a tattoo, they use a needle and it HURTS LIKE HE&& (cause I have one on my ankle area)....changes his mind up real quick.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We have been together 2 and half months now. The time has speed by for us. We are thinking that we need more time past the expiration on her K-1 visa. What options do we have? If she were to go back to Jamaica would we have to go through the whole process from the beginning? What if we married in Jamaica the first quarter of the year? If we were to file a K-3 or CR-1 where would we start?

Oh, Jay. What happened?

Yes, if you go back to Jamaica, you have to refile. Same with the K-3 and CR-1. You would start from the beginning.

MY GUY IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF, :angry::angry: ITS SO HARD TO GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM TIRED I JUST WANT TO REST ,AND ITS LIKE HE ALWAYS TRYING TO COMPARE HOW THINGS ARE DONE IN JAMAICA TO HOW WE DO THINGS IN THE USA DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEMS.

What do you mean? Like going out all the time?

everything he want to compare like how we raise our children to the way they raise there children its really getting on my nerve

Sorry, but this makes me laugh.... because this stuff will continue to be like that even AFTER he gets here!!!!! Doesn't matter (as we've posted on several times in past posts), they don't "get it", "feel it", "know it" UNTIL they get here!!!! Craig STILL throws in my face.....even last night......well, in Jamaica we did it .....that way!!!! I have to remind him (15 months later) that you are IN THE US OF A !!!! We do NOT do that here !!!

Andre does that too, Luv. But, not in a mean way. Well, sometimes in mean way....like when he couldn't seem to pass the driver's license testing and he pretty much screamed in frustration that in Jamaica he would just buy one. All I did there was say.....is that really a good idea? to have people who can't pass the test actually driving. Think about it. He did and he saw a different perspective.

And, I've found that Andre is not always complementary to JA in his comparisions. Yesterday, he got a tatoo here. I have always said his Jamaican tatoos were not as professional as some I had seen here. (I balked yesterday when he told me the guy did the one he has in 20 minutes....now, I know why.) Yesterday, after his tatoo, he immediately, he said to me....I see the difference.

I guess my husband doesn't do a lot of that complaining and comparing stuff cause I usually just say, get used to it.

Craig wasn't saying in a mean way, just a stupid way.... like not thinking way....which is totally typical !!

Craig wants a tattoo as well, but they are veeeery expensive in our area. The one he would like to get....ugly !!! He HATES needles and when I tell him about getting a tattoo, they use a needle and it HURTS LIKE HE&& (cause I have one on my ankle area)....changes his mind up real quick.

Andre's is just a back band thing on his arm. He's been wanting it for over a year now. Yesterday, after he ran in high heels (more on that in a bit), I agreed to it as an early Christmas present. I gave him a $100 budget. He came in just under that, even with a tip. Everyone was happy all the way around.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

I JUST GIVE UP TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO HIM ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS I TOLD HIM U WILL SEE WHEN U GET HERE THINGS ARE DIFFERENT

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY HUSBAND FINALLY GOT A DATE (NOVEMBER 13TH @ 1 PM). I LOVE YOU GUYS. :dance::thumbs: BIG UP TO FATHER GOD, FAMILY, VJ MEMBERS & SENATOR JOHNNY ISAKSON! I HAVE ALREADY SCHEDULED KEVIN'S MEDICAL. THIS IS SO SURREAL. WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20TH. I AM OFF TO JAMAICA ON FRIDAY. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::dance::dance:

:dance::dance: WOOOHOOO...Thank you Jesus. Mrs. Scott, I am so happy for you. You are finally out of the Immigration blackhole :lol::lol: . God Bless you both :thumbs: And Happy Anniversary on Saturday

Ditto!!!! Mi gyal...mi so happy fe yuh. Mi skin up mi teet dem when mi read dis. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::dance:

I'm so happy for you too Jalove! Congrats! I'm happy that you guys figured it out. :thumbs::thumbs::dance:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Speaking of when and how we met, we haven't compared stories in a long while. How did you ladies meet your boyfriend/fiance/husband? How long did you know each other before you filed? How many times have you been to Jamaica?

I was on a Single's Cruise on Carnival. It stopped off in Grand Cayman and then Jamaica. While in Jamaica, I went on a "booze cruise" to Dunn's River Falls. Tony worked on the catamaran that took us on the cruise (the Cool Jazz). It was love at first sight!! :luv: We flirted, he got me drunk on rum punch and the rest is history :devil: I gave him my number when I got off the boat and he called me about a week later. We begin talking every day, and 2 months later I went back to JA. I was there 6 times altogether before he moved here to the U.S. Since then, we've been back 3 times together and him once by himself for a funeral. We really only knew each other for about 5 months before we filed the K-1. We didn't officially get engaged until after we sent in the paperwork!! :blush: We just knew we couldn't live without each other and if we had to get married more quickly than we liked, so be it. This December, we will have been married for THREE years :dance:(L):luv:

Nice story, Rhonda.

I met Andre when I was in Jamaica visiting my boyfriend. He was a bartender at our hotel. I visited a few more times and became friends. He would call me from time to time. One trip ended with me bruised and crying, Andre setting us up with two slightly unusable hotel rooms side-by-side (maintenance man friend), and him talking me through some issues. 2 months later (yah, I know, I'm really slow and stupid sometimes), I broke up with the guy my friends had dubbed Jacka$$, and Andre and I started talking more and more. I knew him a little over a year when we filed. By the time he came here, I had visited him 14 times. Today, we have been married almost 16 months. Life is good. Oh, and BTW, Jacka$$ is still trying to stalk me LD. Some things never change.

ha ur story sounds like mine i was visiting someone else when i met chris chris had nerve to come over and ask me softly is that your boyfriend! i was like this man is crazy while i was sitting next to my then friend and his back was turned looking at tv in the bar yeh but when i visited that guy that trip i knew he was not for me and yes he still trying to get back and says he knows what he did wrong and keep apologizing...i say no sir i have moved on!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

So yesterday............The limited the race to 50 guys. Butt ugly shoes. Do men actually see us as wearing such ugly shoes? One guy had zebra striped KISS boots.

They taped the shoes on to try and limit casualities. Made them sign all kinds of waivers.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...621337_0002.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...621337_0001.jpg

10 groups of 5 men raced. Whittled the winners down to 2 groups of 5. Whittled down to 2 guys. The prize....4 front row Hanna Montana tickets and 4 back stage passes. (BTW....whoever commented on the Jonas Brothers in a previous post....they are the opening band.)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...621337_0003.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...621337_0004.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...621337_0005.jpg

Andre won his first race. Lost the 2nd. At least he didn't fall, dive on the concrete, or lose a shoe like some men. And, he got a free t-shirt.

I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. (Ah, the things we do for our kids!)

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
So yesterday............The limited the race to 50 guys. Butt ugly shoes. Do men actually see us as wearing such ugly shoes? One guy had zebra striped KISS boots.

They taped the shoes on to try and limit casualities. Made them sign all kinds of waivers.

10 groups of 5 men raced. Whittled the winners down to 2 groups of 5. Whittled down to 2 guys. The prize....4 front row Hanna Montana tickets and 4 back stage passes. (BTW....whoever commented on the Jonas Brothers in a previous post....they are the opening band.)

Andre won his first race. Lost the 2nd. At least he didn't fall, dive on the concrete, or lose a shoe like some men. And, he got a free t-shirt.

I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. (Ah, the things we do for our kids!)

CUTE THANKS FOR SHARING :)

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
They went on and on about their fine "boyfriends" and everything that happened on the trip. I asked how long that had been with their boyfriends...and all of them admitted that this was their first trip to Jamaica. When I asked them how they dealt with the attention from gigalos...they all looked at me like I had two heads and said what gigalos?

Oh boy :unsure: I can already see how this is going to end. It's sad but I see it happen all the time while I'm down there. Last time, a guy on the beach was trying to get ME to give him money - even after I pointed out my JA husband napping on a nearby lounge chair :wacko: He wanted me to sneak him $20 so he could get home. I told him to take a Juta bus or route taxi and no way would it cost him $20! :lol: That got rid of him!!

The guys in JA are so bold-faced. I was leaving JA and checked into the airport at 4:30am and spent some time outside with Mike before I had to go through customs/immigration. As I was going through security this guy was trying to pick me up. I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes. It is so sad, because most of them is just looking for an easy ride and don't care sho they pick up.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Tooooooooooooo darn funny. I would have pee'd my pants watchin !

Timeline

The guys in JA are so bold-faced. I was leaving JA and checked into the airport at 4:30am and spent some time outside with Mike before I had to go through customs/immigration. As I was going through security this guy was trying to pick me up. I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes. It is so sad, because most of them is just looking for an easy ride and don't care sho they pick up.

Ummmm....in the 10 yrs I've been going to Jamaica, that's how they've ALWAYS been !!!! Anywhere, everywhere...even with my son at my side !!! Everytime we've gone out to catch our ride to Negril, the group of men/boys sitting there.... "1st time to Jamaica" and proceed to TRY .....and I've been 26x !!

Timeline
They went on and on about their fine "boyfriends" and everything that happened on the trip. I asked how long that had been with their boyfriends...and all of them admitted that this was their first trip to Jamaica. When I asked them how they dealt with the attention from gigalos...they all looked at me like I had two heads and said what gigalos?

Oh boy :unsure: I can already see how this is going to end. It's sad but I see it happen all the time while I'm down there. Last time, a guy on the beach was trying to get ME to give him money - even after I pointed out my JA husband napping on a nearby lounge chair :wacko: He wanted me to sneak him $20 so he could get home. I told him to take a Juta bus or route taxi and no way would it cost him $20! :lol: That got rid of him!!

And people wonder why STD's are so prelevant.

Tooooooooooooo darn funny. I would have pee'd my pants watchin !

No, that was the day before when he practiced running up and down the street in our neighborhood.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nice legs :thumbs: gotta paint those toes!!!! :lol:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

did he get a pedi before he went?????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Ladies !!!

I am back after spending 6 glorious days in JA with Mike. :dance::dance::dance: I had some mishaps during my travel but the time I spent with him was well worth it. I am planning to catch up with all that I've missed in the last week and I see as usual that you girls have been chatting a whole lot, :yes::lol: but I love it and miss you all terribly. :yes::) I felt so lost without you all. LOL

Welcome back Chica,

Glad you had a ball! We missed you too!

(L),

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.