Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
MY GUY IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF, :angry::angry: ITS SO HARD TO GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM TIRED I JUST WANT TO REST ,AND ITS LIKE HE ALWAYS TRYING TO COMPARE HOW THINGS ARE DONE IN JAMAICA TO HOW WE DO THINGS IN THE USA DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEMS.

Oh Ms Nelly, I had that problem with hubby. Even though he is considering Miramar, Kingston 21, he will experience that things do run differently here than in Jamaica. Honestly, he is going to have to experience it for himself before he understands where you are coming from.

HE REALLY MADE ME MAD THE OTHER HE CALLED BUT I WAS WASHING MY HAIR THEN HE CALLED AGAIN I WAS IN THE TUB HE WENT OFF LIKE WHY U DIDNT ANSWER THE PHONE I DONT LIKE THAT AT ALL AND HE SEEM TO NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM BUSY :angry::angry:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY GUY IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF, :angry::angry: ITS SO HARD TO GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM TIRED I JUST WANT TO REST ,AND ITS LIKE HE ALWAYS TRYING TO COMPARE HOW THINGS ARE DONE IN JAMAICA TO HOW WE DO THINGS IN THE USA DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEMS.

Oh Ms Nelly, I had that problem with hubby. Even though he is considering Miramar, Kingston 21, he will experience that things do run differently here than in Jamaica. Honestly, he is going to have to experience it for himself before he understands where you are coming from.

HE REALLY MADE ME MAD THE OTHER HE CALLED BUT I WAS WASHING MY HAIR THEN HE CALLED AGAIN I WAS IN THE TUB HE WENT OFF LIKE WHY U DIDNT ANSWER THE PHONE I DONT LIKE THAT AT ALL AND HE SEEM TO NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY I AM BUSY :angry::angry:

In this regard, you going to have to let him have it. You need some time for yourself; what...him expect you to be at his every beck and call? Does he have trust issues? Nip this in the bud before he comes here thinking he is going to be a ruler over you, is equal partnership we are dealing with here :angry:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

In this regard, you going to have to let him have it. You need some time for yourself; what...him expect you to be at his every beck and call? Does he have trust issues? Nip this in the bud before he comes here thinking he is going to be a ruler over you, is equal partnership we are dealing with here :angry:

I KNOW I MUST NIP IT NOW, ITS LIKE WHEN HE CALL AND I DONT ANSWER HE CALL RIGHT BACK AND BACK HECK I WORK 2 JOBS A SISTA BE BEAT SOME DAYS

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
I KNOW I MUST NIP IT NOW, ITS LIKE WHEN HE CALL AND I DONT ANSWER HE CALL RIGHT BACK AND BACK HECK I WORK 2 JOBS A SISTA BE BEAT SOME DAYS

Fi real, you must be tired :unsure: Girl you need a serious spa day. You let him have it, shock him into being more considerate. As hardworking as you are, you need some serious rest. Has he always been like this?

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

:help: Does anyone have any idea which form/agency I need to contact to have our original documents returned to us? At POE, we were told we have to request the return of our original documents. Not sure if anyone has had the opportunity to do this.

Thanks.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Fi real, you must be tired :unsure: Girl you need a serious spa day. You let him have it, shock him into being more considerate. As hardworking as you are, you need some serious rest. Has he always been like this?

NAW HE HAVENT BUT HE SAID LATELY WHEN HE CALL I DONT ANSWER BUT I JUST BEEN REALLY BUSY MY AUNT WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND DR WAS SAYING SHE HAVE A 50/50 CHANCE OF LIVING SO I WAS SITTING BEDSIDE WITH HER AND MY JOB IS STRESSFUL ENOUGH AND HE KNOW THIS BUT HE IS ONLY MAKING IT BAD FOR HIS SELF

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We go to the Embassy at about 6:30 there were about 15 people outside. We waited for the Embassy car park to open, then about 6:45 there were like 30 people outside, it was not too bad we walked up on the side on the right for those with 7am interviews that line went fast then 715 then 730.We were in right on time. Gaurd asked to see our paper. He asked who i was and then let us both in. Security checked through our bags,then we walked through the courtyard to the next door. A man was there behind a desk with another security agent giving a speech about what papers are needed to be signed, and to sign your police report then gave us a pink long slip and took the interview letter. We then went thru another securtity thing and entered in to section A. and sat down until our name was called and we seemed like we were playin musical chairs as someone got up the next person moved over :) people were sitting there handwriting the forms that came in packet 3! some went up to the agent at section A and kept getting sent back to fill out things correctly.They called my fiance up he opens his folder and they say you seem to be very organized. She filled out a pink form checking off what we needed and in order so we went over to the side and put those papers in order and returned to the window. She asked me for job letter, tax returns and i handed her all the fincancial stuff she waved and said no more lol our file was the biggest one! its in a pink folder. She then said go to section B we went there sat down others were getting fingerprinted. Some were asked if they ever committed any crime or traveled anywhere out of the country. We got there the man asked who i was, i told him then he fingerprinted my fiance and sent us off to section C. As i was sitting in section B i was hearin WHO i wanted us to get to for the interview lady number 21 or 23 they sounded nice, helpful and cheery. So i say lets sent on the front row so i can hear. So all it all there were alot of families there with lots of children. About 3 got sent to get DNA test as they added the fathers name late. One guy was there with his daughter, she looked to be about 8-10 she says why did u take so long to do this what were u out of the country! were you DEAD! she was loud too everyone laugh. One lady got approve in like 2 min they didnt ask her nothing really. One guy was trying to adopt someone he raised but he had no proof of any kind to support his case he was gettin smart with the consular officer but she remain calm and said sir im really trying to help you here so calm down. She was very helpful with him. Did not witness any denials. One couple was up there over 30 minutes i dont know what happened with that. They called my fiances name and he jumped! lol they said his entire name over the loud speaker. So we go to the very last counter, 24. She says hello she asks who i am. We are both there smiling away at her looking pleasant. I say his fiance she says oh GREAT! so then she asks him if he has any form of sickness or illness, he says no. She asks has he ever committed any crime, he says no. She asks when did you meet and i answer Dec 30 we both kinda answered. She said how many times have u been here i say TEN... she says wow and smiles...She oh all this information in such short of time. Just this past Dec, she asks again...She had a hard time flipping over our heavy folder :) Then says when will u get married so he says Dec 30th the day we met so she says awwwwww. She says to him you dont have 7 wives in another country do you. He laughs and says oh nooo. She pulls out the little pink small paper and says congratulations and then tells him where to go to airpak. I think thats all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill wah u up to today...so he went with today..she came and picked him up..seh she a go walk the city

Nuttin much Sistren! Surrrrrps...mek dem gwaan...dyam foolishness!! Bwoy, mi wouldda like fi 'walk' deh city tuh!

OFF TOPIC****

Can I tell you I am LIVID right now! I sent a care package to Ken...EXPRESS...anyway THREE weeks later it finally arrives. He goes to pick it up...$2280JA, please!

I was like WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??? :angry: #######? I spent almost $150US to send it express, now they have the NERVE fi charge him pon toppi it? So, you done know me already I call the head Post Office and gave them my finest American twang and explained that I had already paid for this package. Why should my fiance have to pay for a gift again? So he says "Ohhhh, you paid for the FIRST part! Him haffi pay for the last part! We opened the package and gave it a customs tax based upon the contents!! I'm so sorry for any inconvience, but that's the system."

I kindly told him..."Well, your system is F--KERY!!! Mi couldda buy a plane ticket pon ounuh bandolo airlines, fly dung deh and hand him the blinking package fi almost the same bloodclaat price...SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPS<long dutty nasty kiss teet> " (Of course, deh Yardie came out at that point! :lol: )and hang up the phone...BAM!

Bwoy, Jamaica is really a bloody rip-off!

Just had to share that...thanks for letting me vent...how's everyone elses day going?

(L), Gill

Hi Everyone, Wow, it's really slow today.

Just wondering if anyone has heard from JALOVE??

Bless-Bless (L) ,

Gill

I haven't i hope she is ok. She is supposed to be coming back today right.

Yeah Nick, I think she was catching an early flight and going straight to work!

Thanks...jus' checking! (L)-Gill

Gil, You No Betta!! you should ave just waited and sent it wit one of us headin don dere!!! I am going next month///chile, next time memba it is way cheaper to send wit one a us!!! I sent K a phone once and it cost me $50 for da phone (craigs list) $75 for shipping (dhl) and then another $75 for customs!!! Boy was I hot!! That was half of my damn plane ticket!!! Neva again.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We go to the Embassy at about 6:30 there were about 15 people outside. We waited for the Embassy car park to open, then about 6:45 there were like 30 people outside, it was not too bad we walked up on the side on the right for those with 7am interviews that line went fast then 715 then 730.We were in right on time. Gaurd asked to see our paper. He asked who i was and then let us both in. Security checked through our bags,then we walked through the courtyard to the next door. A man was there behind a desk with another security agent giving a speech about what papers are needed to be signed, and to sign your police report then gave us a pink long slip and took the interview letter. We then went thru another securtity thing and entered in to section A. and sat down until our name was called and we seemed like we were playin musical chairs as someone got up the next person moved over :) people were sitting there handwriting the forms that came in packet 3! some went up to the agent at section A and kept getting sent back to fill out things correctly.They called my fiance up he opens his folder and they say you seem to be very organized. She filled out a pink form checking off what we needed and in order so we went over to the side and put those papers in order and returned to the window. She asked me for job letter, tax returns and i handed her all the fincancial stuff she waved and said no more lol our file was the biggest one! its in a pink folder. She then said go to section B we went there sat down others were getting fingerprinted. Some were asked if they ever committed any crime or traveled anywhere out of the country. We got there the man asked who i was, i told him then he fingerprinted my fiance and sent us off to section C. As i was sitting in section B i was hearin WHO i wanted us to get to for the interview lady number 21 or 23 they sounded nice, helpful and cheery. So i say lets sent on the front row so i can hear. So all it all there were alot of families there with lots of children. About 3 got sent to get DNA test as they added the fathers name late. One guy was there with his daughter, she looked to be about 8-10 she says why did u take so long to do this what were u out of the country! were you DEAD! she was loud too everyone laugh. One lady got approve in like 2 min they didnt ask her nothing really. One guy was trying to adopt someone he raised but he had no proof of any kind to support his case he was gettin smart with the consular officer but she remain calm and said sir im really trying to help you here so calm down. She was very helpful with him. Did not witness any denials. One couple was up there over 30 minutes i dont know what happened with that. They called my fiances name and he jumped! lol they said his entire name over the loud speaker. So we go to the very last counter, 24. She says hello she asks who i am. We are both there smiling away at her looking pleasant. I say his fiance she says oh GREAT! so then she asks him if he has any form of sickness or illness, he says no. She asks has he ever committed any crime, he says no. She asks when did you meet and i answer Dec 30 we both kinda answered. She said how many times have u been here i say TEN... she says wow and smiles...She oh all this information in such short of time. Just this past Dec, she asks again...She had a hard time flipping over our heavy folder :) Then says when will u get married so he says Dec 30th the day we met so she says awwwwww. She says to him you dont have 7 wives in another country do you. He laughs and says oh nooo. She pulls out the little pink small paper and says congratulations and then tells him where to go to airpak. I think thats all.

awwwww how sweet..... :crying: I feel like I was there....sniff sniff, I am sooo happy for you. :)

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Aliens In Jamaica

:lol: That was funny! Wouldn't that be nice to have that "feature" on our men?!!!! :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

They meant if I go a week past Dec 15th (EDD) and he's still not here *lol* didn't mean to worry you!

My heartburn has subsided but my left ankle looks like one big ### sausage LOL and my right is not as bad. Seems like my left side is taking more of the brunt of this pregnancy (those 5 stretch marks I told you about are on the left side too). Don't even remind me about "getting comfortable" - that does not exist anymore :(

Ok, that makes sense! You had me worried for a minute! :unsure: My right side seems to be suffering the most. My back hurts on the right side and my right foot/ankle is more swollen than the left :wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

MY HUSBAND FINALLY GOT A DATE (NOVEMBER 13TH @ 1 PM).

:dance: That's GREAT!!!! You waited long enough - you'll be together soon!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

got approve easy only like 2 real questions im abt to type all that up. We were like the most organized and dressed for business :)

:dance: Congrats!! I hate to bring this up, but are you guys ok now? :unsure: Was he just getting cold feet? I wish the best for you (F)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

She asks when did you meet and i answer Dec 30 we both kinda answered.

Then says when will u get married so he says Dec 30th the day we met so she says awwwwww.

:luv: Me and Tony also met on December 30!! It was 2003 though! We got married almost one year later, on Dec. 11, 2004. I wish we could have gotten married on Dec. 30 also. That's a great idea!!

(Hey, you weren't on a cruise when you first met him were you? I was on a New Year's cruise that stopped in JA when I met Tony.)

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Thanks Rhonda!! I am hoping I feel better. I went to the doctor today and have lost 10 pounds in a month and a half. Due to morning sickness. Eww thats the glucose test yuck!! I hate drink chalk like material. I had to do that once when I was sick in the hospital. The doctor send next month its time to draw more blood yippee. Ew and a wonderful flu shot tomorrow. UGH

The glucose test isn't that bad. It tastes like flat orange soda. It's just really sugary. Keep it in the fridge before you drink it - it goes down better! The chalky drink that you're talking about, I think that's the one for the Upper GI test. I've had that one done too, and yes that stuff is NASTY :P

I can't believe you've lost so much weight :o Is there anything you can eat that will stay down? I know carbs worked best for me when I was feeling ill - crackers, toast, pasta, etc.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.