Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Questions: :help:

Interview???

1) Do I need 2006 tax forms? We had to file an extension due to getting Dwain and ITTN number. Should I email my tax guy and see if he can send me the records he filed for us? Or will I be okay with 03,04 and 05. All 3 years I have made well above the 125 percent poverty line.

2) Do we need to dress nice we are a T-shirt and jeans couple and don't really like dressing up and I hate to wear make up in JA cause it just melts off.

3) For all past interviewers how long did the interview take?

4) If our interview is at 12:15pm how early do we need to show up at the Embassy.

5) The most important question of all where is the best place to celebrate and get dinner after he is approved?

I am praying he will be here for my nieces Birthday party on May 26th. Hoping that this is a realistic goal.

Thanks for all the support and help along the way.

Jax :luv:(F)

1. I would definitely try to get some sort of tax info for 2006 - it's better to have at least your W2s for 2006 than nothing at all.

2. I didn't attend in Kingston with hubby, but he wore a button down shirt, tie, slacks, and "shine shoes" :lol:

3. His first interview was under an hour, the second one was even faster because he just had to show birth certificate to get approval (if you go to Embassy Reviews, I believe a lot of Yardies - myself included - have posted our interview experiences there)

4. Not sure what the standard is now - hubby was there about 1.5 hours early (from what I remember him telling me)

5. In the bedroom! :devil::lol:

Thanks Joneise Nice bedroom LOL I am an :innocent::whistle:

Okay I just emailed my tax guy for my W2's and extension letter let me pray that he has time to get them to me next week.

I have read everyone's wonderful interviews and am prepared. Sometimes I forget the time frame because I have been on here so long. My brain is popping a few fuses at this moment. This is happening at the end of the school year were everything is on over load.

Good luck with all of the moves coming up. All the best with packing. I can really say moving is so tough.

I am fretting about moving one music room from the fourth floor of the school to the mobile unit outside. Worrying about are we going to have enough storage if not I need to organize the garage with work items.

Jax you should have a copy of your 2006 federal tax return b/c you had to submit it w/you ITIN application. That should be okay along w/the W-2. By sending in the return plus the ITIN form prior to Apr 17th an extension is not needed. However, one is need for state return. Call you tax guy to see exactly what happened? Also not sure if you knew but you can call the IRS to check on the status of ITIN instead of waiting for it in the mail, however they will only give the appicant the # over the phone. I didn't file an extension for state b/c I was told I didn't have to if I was receiving a refund.

Thanks Anna :)!! My tax guy just wanted to make sure I was covered. I will call in a week to get the number and send it to him. :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for all the love and support :luv:

It feels really good to get it all off my chest and not have to keep pretending that everything is "just peachy"...I have already heard from someone that I really helped them out by telling my story so it really does make it all worth it. Plus knowing that I have the support of you all is extremely worth it as well.

Just wanted to point something out...we are only separating...I am a firm believer in the marital vows and not divorcing but I also believe that God didn't mean for you to be in a harmful situation (both physical and emotional)

I hope and pray that we are able to work things out and that our marriage can be restored even greater than I can imagine...but you do have to have two willing participants and right now there is only one...

Thanks again everyone (L)

Jamie, I don't know you but I will say that I appreciate you sharing your experience. You are indeed a strong and great woman, with your faith and conviction in God, all will work out according to his plan for you!

*BIG HUG*

Timeline
Okay our compound can be in Virginia :dance::dance: . We can make this work :thumbs: We have artist, musicians,teachers, nurses, clerical and government workers what else do we need and who am I missing?

Oh yeah and most of our husbands can cook!!! The Yardie Compound :thumbs:

I vote for Atlanta :thumbs:

Ohhhh this is sounding good and promising...

I will vote for Atlanta or Chicago...though I have never been to either so really I am up for anything :blink: Wow I didn't really committ/vote for anything did I :lol::innocent:

I would love to visit Chicago but it's to cold to live......that's what I'm trying to get away from.

I would miss the cold and the beautiful four seasons. :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hugs Jamie and I hope he realizes what he has :)!!! :luv:(L)(F)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We plan on moving this summer...maybe we can help out each other....if we didn't live in 4 different states :unsure:

Where are you moving too?

You know I have been thinking about this for a while...go with me on this one...

We should create a VJ community...acreage we can all build our houses on near enough to each other that all the men can do their guy things and us girls can be friends in person...what do ya think :thumbs:;) Now if we can only agree on a location :whistle:

We plan on moving back to Virginia before the end of the summer..we're in Maryland now. Looking for places now. We need more space and more bathrooms....it's hard sharing a bathroom with a teenage girl and a husband who thinks he's the sexiest Jamaican man alive :wacko:

:lol::lol::lol:

:thumbs: to your hubby - mine has the same complex :blush:

Okay our compound can be in Virginia :dance::dance: . We can make this work :thumbs: We have artist, musicians,teachers, nurses, clerical and government workers what else do we need and who am I missing?

I second that - winters aren't too extreme, and it's a short flight to JA

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline
We plan on moving this summer...maybe we can help out each other....if we didn't live in 4 different states :unsure:

You know I have been thinking about this for a while...go with me on this one...

We should create a VJ community...acreage we can all build our houses on near enough to each other that all the men can do their guy things and us girls can be friends in person...what do ya think :thumbs:;) Now if we can only agree on a location :whistle:

We plan on moving back to Virginia before the end of the summer..we're in Maryland now. Looking for places now. We need more space and more bathrooms....it's hard sharing a bathroom with a teenage girl and a husband who thinks he's the sexiest Jamaican man alive :wacko:

Okay, mine too!!! I tell him your so cute your ulgy...get over yourself :blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

((Jamie))

I commend you for taking the steps to get things back on track. From the day I started posting and speaking with you all, I have always admired you - not just for your relationship with your husband (and in my heart of hearts I believe that he does love you, and not just in the physical or secular sense, but in the spiritual sense; but as you put it is like a kid in the candy store and facing some trials) but because you are so sweet, honest, and real.

I pray that you two will come back together stronger than ever. It's definitely hard for someone to come here and adjust. You had the advantage because you were born here, but was able to stay in JA and adjust, so you had a "taste" of both worlds. A lot of people say that it's a cop-out to say that adjusting leads to breakups, but that's not something I believe.

You will keep your faith in the Lord and I know that He will continue to direct your paths. My sister stay strong.

:lol: well you can't knock a man for having high self esteem :lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I would miss the cold and the beautiful four seasons. :whistle:

Oh come on...you know the only thing you would miss is the BEARS! :P

Oh my gosh that is it how could I forget! I would miss the cubies too and the great musical theater. I love you all but I love it hear in the midwest. I will visit you all :)!

:lol:

here I need help with my spelling oh boy :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

((Jamie))

I commend you for taking the steps to get things back on track. From the day I started posting and speaking with you all, I have always admired you - not just for your relationship with your husband (and in my heart of hearts I believe that he does love you, and not just in the physical or secular sense, but in the spiritual sense; but as you put it is like a kid in the candy store and facing some trials) but because you are so sweet, honest, and real.

I pray that you two will come back together stronger than ever. It's definitely hard for someone to come here and adjust. You had the advantage because you were born here, but was able to stay in JA and adjust, so you had a "taste" of both worlds. A lot of people say that it's a cop-out to say that adjusting leads to breakups, but that's not something I believe.

You will keep your faith in the Lord and I know that He will continue to direct your paths. My sister stay strong.

:lol: well you can't knock a man for having high self esteem :lol:

I know, but geezzz :wacko:

Well I'm in Southern Cali, anybody wanna come here?

I've been thinking, the Yardie compund is a really cool idea. But until we can settle on a location hows about we HOUSE SWAP! Kinda like that show Wife Swap, except were not exchanging husbands and wives, were swapping homes for a weekend. If you want to take a quick weekend trip to visit sunny LA, I'd swap my place with you. I'm always down to travel the country and see different states. And how cheap of a trip would that be? Only have to pay for airfare. :thumbs::star:

That's a great idea..but now I won't have room :(

Timeline
Who lives in Atlanta?? We were planing to go to Atlanta for a PriAmerica siminar, but it looks as though we won't be attending the siminar, but we thought we could enjoy the city instead :jest: :energetic:

I'm hip to Arizona, but I've been to all the other places. I also really like Atlanta, although alot of traffic. The heck with "4 seaons". Up north in Arizona there's cold and snow, but I love it out there when I lived there. We're heading there for vacation in August. Takin my son tubin down the Salt River ...can't wait !!!

It's supposed to FINALLY be soooo nice here this weekend....what do we have, soccer and more soccer !!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

I agree Have a great weekend!!

I'm going to enjoy some quiet free time to my self while I can.

I have a few mins alone, hubby went to play soccer and my daugther went to Friday night fun night, the boys don't bother me much thank goodness.

Enjoy the weekend the weather was great here today too. As for the weekend I have to work. :blush:

I just noticed I got another heart :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.