Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

well i am 25 and was never sent to get any blood done...they gave me this drink i had to drink in 5 mins...at first it tasted good then it started to have a BAD after taste.....she found the vein no problem and took 6 yes 6 things of blood.....fun times....

:D Girl, that was your glucose tolerance test. It tests you for gestational diabetes. I'm kinda surprised you had it so early in your pregnancy. I just had mine done a few weeks ago and so did Jonesie.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your family have a history of diabetes? Sounds like they are testing you for gestational diabetes.

It's standard procedure now that they check EVERYONE for gestational diabetes - family history or not. It's a good thing too - my mom lost her first baby because of that. She didn't even know she had it :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

I had a pair of Coach heels he wore in Jamaica one Christmas. I think they were 3 or 4 inches though. He was hysterical just trying to walk in them.

:unsure: Ummm... why was he wearing YOUR high heels?!!! :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

I'm sure its been talked about before and I've tried to read through the 563 pages (wow) but.... whats the cheapest way to call Jamaica?

We use ringyard.com For $20, I think we get 105 minutes. We've switched a few times in the past few years as people keep changing their rates. Ringyard is the cheapest (and most reliable) we've found lately. Some companies will advertise cheaper rates, but it is usually for land line calls - not cell phones.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Wow Shauna you are so lucky never to have blood drawn before. Man they never made me drink nothing to give my 6 tubes of blood. I got poked twice. One arm ran out of blood so they poked the other. I am so use to nurses not being able to find my veins I just laugh. Just wait until your IV those things hurt. Giving blood is a piece of cake. I have been in the hospital numerous times and the IV's always get me. I think this is my first and last pergnancy with all the morning sickness I can't take it.

Jax, you probably just haven't had your glucose test yet. Most docs do it around 28-32 weeks. I've had surgery 5 times so I know all about IV's too :hehe:

You should start feeling better soon. Once you hit 13 or 14 weeks, the nausea and sickness should subside. The 2nd trimester is a piece of cake compared to the 1st :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My SO has a megaphone. The service isn't that bad where he lives and since he got it I've saved a lot of $$$ not having to buy phone cards anymore. When I do call him I use the Sprint calling cards from CVS. For $10 I get about 65 minutes and it doesn't rob me of minutes like some cards/companies do. :thumbs:

Good deal Marie...look out for when CVS has those card 2 for 1...Girl I save up to buy $200-300 dollars worth of calling card at a time! This way you get 130 minutes for $10. :thumbs: Last time I drove around looking for CVS' that were sold out of the cards so I could get rainchecks on the buy 1 get 1 :devil: So when I finished all of my ones I bought on sale I have my rainchecks to hold me over til the next 2 for 1 sale. :yes::yes: Plus, they give you 10% more minutes when you renew it at CVS.

(L), Gill

Hahahaa..leave it up to u man..hehhee..darn Jamaican...whoa..every freaking penny counts :thumbs:

Fi real!!

:yes::yes::lol: ...Yuh dyam right Kimmy! Hevery nickel mek a mukkle ( doan hask mi wuh a mukkle is cause i wouldnna know :lol: ) Mi sorry mi haffi find a way fi git mi hustle on...mi modda neva raise nuh fool! :thumbs:

Blessed (L) -Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Enjoy... (L) -Gill (Let me know if translation is needed)

***The Kingston Lawyer and The country Jamaican Policeman***

A lawyer runs a stop sign in Portland and gets pulled over by the

Police. He thinks that he is smarter than the police because he is a lawyer

from Kingston and is certain that he has a better education than any

Jamaican Police. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at

the Police expense.

The Police says," Yuh License an yuh registration, please."

"What for?" says the lawyer.

The Police says, "Yuh didn't come to a complete stop at de stop sign."

Then the lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

"Yuh neva did come to a complete stop, Says the Police. License an

registration, please."

The lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

"De difference is dat yuh hav fe come to ah complete stop - dat's de law.

License an registration, please!" the Police says.

Lawyer says,"If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and

stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and you give me the ticket.

If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket." That sounds fair.

Get yuh rass outa de vehicle, sar, the Police says.

At this point, the Police drape up de man, pull out his batton and starts

beating the ever-loving hell out of the lawyer and asks,

"Yuh waan me fe stop, ar just slow down?"

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Wow Shauna you are so lucky never to have blood drawn before. Man they never made me drink nothing to give my 6 tubes of blood. I got poked twice. One arm ran out of blood so they poked the other. I am so use to nurses not being able to find my veins I just laugh. Just wait until your IV those things hurt. Giving blood is a piece of cake. I have been in the hospital numerous times and the IV's always get me. I think this is my first and last pergnancy with all the morning sickness I can't take it.

Jax, you probably just haven't had your glucose test yet. Most docs do it around 28-32 weeks. I've had surgery 5 times so I know all about IV's too :hehe:

You should start feeling better soon. Once you hit 13 or 14 weeks, the nausea and sickness should subside. The 2nd trimester is a piece of cake compared to the 1st :yes:

If you're lucky!!

Mine lasted until almost 20 weeks, then the heartburn started :(

Didn't actually stop throwing up for my entire pregnancy, if I got something stuck in my throat and had to cough, everything would come up :(

urghhhh HATED being pregnant, NEVER again!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

If you're lucky!!

Didn't actually stop throwing up for my entire pregnancy, if I got something stuck in my throat and had to cough, everything would come up :(

I LOVED being pregnant!! I never felt nauseous ever. I had heartburn and horrible backaches in my 4th month till the end. I'd go through TUMS like it was going out of style!! My "ride" was a 10 speed bike that I rode up till the day before I gave birth (didn't have a car) and riding the bus sucked sometimes. My son constantly got hiccups, that was about the most annoying thing. I never had any other reasons to have blood drawn until my pregnancy and they drew a ton!! I could never sit and watch.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had a pair of Coach heels he wore in Jamaica one Christmas. I think they were 3 or 4 inches though. He was hysterical just trying to walk in them.

We were a little tipsy and he said something about it being easy to walk in heels. I said, then go for it.

Speaking of heels......so last night, after digging through my closet and his foot being too big and fat for any of my heels, we took off to Payless to buy him a pair. People were laughing and staring at this Jamaican guy in high heels running down the aisle. We settled on a pair of white strappy 3" wedge heels. At home, he spent most of the night running back and forth on the back porch. I was crying with laughter almost all night. I'm sure the neighbors think we are nuts.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

If you're lucky!!

I LOVED being pregnant!! I never felt nauseous ever. I had heartburn and horrible backaches in my 4th month till the end. I'd go through TUMS like it was going out of style!! My "ride" was a 10 speed bike that I rode up till the day before I gave birth (didn't have a car) and riding the bus sucked sometimes. My son constantly got hiccups, that was about the most annoying thing. I never had any other reasons to have blood drawn until my pregnancy and they drew a ton!! I could never sit and watch.

I have to say I sincerely & totally loved being Pregnant too, for both of my sons! I really didn't have too many aches and pains...thank God! However, I can relate to the horrible nauseousness and heartburn. Because my cousin who was pregnant the same time I was suffered horribly, vomitted and heartburn for the whole 40 weeks!

So I feel for all those who's little angels REALLY put them through it...just hang in there and know...it's not forever :yes:

Blessed (L)-Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you're lucky!!

u rode a bike while pregnant, your my hero. I hated the 8 & 9th month

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

We were a little tipsy and he said something about it being easy to walk in heels. I said, then go for it.

Speaking of heels......so last night, after digging through my closet and his foot being too big and fat for any of my heels, we took off to Payless to buy him a pair. People were laughing and staring at this Jamaican guy in high heels running down the aisle. We settled on a pair of white strappy 3" wedge heels. At home, he spent most of the night running back and forth on the back porch. I was crying with laughter almost all night. I'm sure the neighbors think we are nuts.

Too Funny!!! :lol::lol: ...Thank God, I have Boys (although I do love myself some Hannah Montana :whistle:) Hopefully, The Naked Brothers Band won't blow-up like she did :unsure:

Blessed (L) -Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

quick update - went home last night and questioned mr jengles about the i-94, he was not given one upon arrival at jfk but was given one last week in Miami, what a relief

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies

for Deyounting, Kimmy and Jawi, here's a flashback photo for you :)

VPMH3105.jpg

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.