Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**New Topic**

I hear of some people asking for a letter from their congressman to "speed up" or get more information on their case. Is this something that really helps? Also can you only get this letter once your application is already in the system or can you send this letter in with your application?

I'm a bit confused as to what congress can really do.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My husband is absolutely crazy..........he just agreed to run a 50 yard race in 2 inch heels on Wednesday at the local mall to try and win my daughter sold out Hannah Montana tickets. Told you he was a keeper!!!!!

Please take pictures!!!!

My friends just said the same thing! How funny does this sound?

High Heel Derby for Hannah Montana Tickets

The buzz of the concert industry is Hannah Montana. They are the hottest tickets in the city, and the hottest tickets in the country. And Y98 has your tickets to this sold out show at the Scottrade Center! Be your daughter's hero and enter the Y98 High Heel Derby to win Hannah Montana tickets.

On Wednesday, October 17th, St. Louis area men will run a 50-yard dash in two-inch high heels to compete for tickets to Hannah Montana. The winner of the Y98 High Heel Derby will win four tickets to the sold out Hannah Montana concert on October 18th. All eligible participants will also be entered to win one of two pair of additional tickets to the show.

This contest is open to males only. Eligible participants will bring a pair of shoes with a 2" heel and will register for the chance to win tickets through the derby and/or the random drawing. Participants will be chosen at random from the eligible participants to compete in the High Heel Derby.

The event takes place at West County Center, on the top floor of the parking structure next to #######'s Sporting Goods. Registration begins at 11am with the Derby beginning at Noon. Participants are asked to park on the 3rd level of the I-270 garage under the dove.

Eligibility requirements:

• Must be a Male Y98 listener.

• Must complete an official registration form.

• Must sign a liability release for for Y98.

• Must have a valid form of identification.

• Must have a pair of 2 inch heels or higher to qualify.

• MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.

• Participants must reside in the St. Louis Metropolitan area ONLY.

In case of inclement weather, the Derby will take place inside West County Center in Macy’s Court.

Contest rules

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Now you have to go and buy him some "heels" :thumbs:

I had a pair of Coach heels he wore in Jamaica one Christmas. I think they were 3 or 4 inches though. He was hysterical just trying to walk in them.

How funny is it that my dilmena is finding him heels to wear?

I'm also a little concerned about forcing him to practice tonight and tomorrow without the neighbor's seeing! :devil:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had a pair of Coach heels he wore in Jamaica one Christmas. I think they were 3 or 4 inches though. He was hysterical just trying to walk in them.

I'm also a little concerned about forcing him to practice tonight and tomorrow without the neighbor's seeing! :devil:

not quite sure if u want him running in the coach heels, he might stretch them out, maybe u should try and find the 2 inch heels u don't want them too high

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When they take blood try not to look. I am a diabetic so i get blood taken every three months. Congrats on your having a baby. I look at everyones timelines and i am like wow.

Had my blood taken today.....yuck....first time i ever had it done...... :halloween:

OMG!!! How old are you?! This is the FIRST time you ever had blood drawn? Are you sure?

Shoot, I was pregnant at 27 when I had those viles of blood taken from me. I had never had blood drawn like that up to that point?! and now that I'm 42, hasn't happened since that time.....

Lord, well something must really be wrong with me cause i have never had a child so I dont know how much blood they draw, but I have had so many viles of blood in my life I could give about 2 of yall a transfusion. I guess I am odd in that since and never even know it. LOL :lol:

So how much do they draw, is it really that much?? I'm actually fascinated with blood drawing...yeah I'm wierd...but like I said I've gone thru it so much its just interestign to see now.

well i am 25 and was never sent to get any blood done...they gave me this drink i had to drink in 5 mins...at first it tasted good then it started to have a BAD after taste.....she found the vein no problem and took 6 yes 6 things of blood.....fun times....

02/11/07 Met Corey for first time love at first site

02/14/07 Corey and I had our first date

02/16/07 Left JA heart broken because I was leaving Corey

02/17/07 Corey called to make sure I was ok told me he missed me

02/17-22/07 Corey called everyday talked on phone for hours

02/23/07 Corey said “I think I love you”

03/11/07 Went back to JA

03/14/07 Corey asked me to marry him “I said yes”

03/18/07 Returned to US

03/27/07 Sent I129f

04/04/07 NOA1

06/25/07 NOA2 (Approved)

07/13/07 NVC received packet

07/19/07 NVC sent packet to JA

08/14/07 JA received packet

09/14/07 Packet 3 sent

09/21/07 Corey went to embassy to drop off DS230

10/05/07 Corey got interview date 11/06/07

10/18/07 Corey has Medical

11/05/07 Flying to JA to be with Corey

11/06/07 Corey has interview

Timeline

not quite sure if u want him running in the coach heels, he might stretch them out, maybe u should try and find the 2 inch heels u don't want them too high

They are built really well...sturdy.

Sadly, I have to go home and look through my shoes to see which would best suit my husband to run a race in. I didn't think I would EVER make that statement!!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. If only men thought like us women and were sensitive to our needs the world would be a better place.

hey everyone - I'm back to work today, so i will be posting more, mr jengles is home with the baby...he's not feeling that exactly but i told him it is what we have to do for now, he wants to work something i am pleased about but i have to work on feeling out his aos papers.

I know alot of men don't "get" that they have to be a responsible parent when they chose to get a woman pregnant ....but um, helllloooo??? Whose gonna when we have to go to work !! ??

I never said he wasn't a responsible parent, but do agree with your comment

I don't think she meant it bad there, Jengles. I had somewhat the same thing....Andre kept telling me how bored he was at home while I was working almost 80 hours a week to support us both. I finally got to the point where I said shut the hell up..... It's not like I want to be doing this. I think she meant it kind of along those lines.

Ok That I totally understand....

i think what she ment was not the he doesn't want to be resonsible but that he has to shed his single boy lifestyle....that he has a child and a wife and even though he may want to go out...he has a role that he needs to do....

going through the same thing with mike...and our child isn't even here....he has started this thing were he feels the need to go out EVERY weekend....and doesn't get it that is ok...but not everyweekend....he should be taking care of me....it is my turn to be taken care of and pamperd....but he hasn't gotten that yet...he may never....

02/11/07 Met Corey for first time love at first site

02/14/07 Corey and I had our first date

02/16/07 Left JA heart broken because I was leaving Corey

02/17/07 Corey called to make sure I was ok told me he missed me

02/17-22/07 Corey called everyday talked on phone for hours

02/23/07 Corey said “I think I love you”

03/11/07 Went back to JA

03/14/07 Corey asked me to marry him “I said yes”

03/18/07 Returned to US

03/27/07 Sent I129f

04/04/07 NOA1

06/25/07 NOA2 (Approved)

07/13/07 NVC received packet

07/19/07 NVC sent packet to JA

08/14/07 JA received packet

09/14/07 Packet 3 sent

09/21/07 Corey went to embassy to drop off DS230

10/05/07 Corey got interview date 11/06/07

10/18/07 Corey has Medical

11/05/07 Flying to JA to be with Corey

11/06/07 Corey has interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry to hear that. If only men thought like us women and were sensitive to our needs the world would be a better place.

hey everyone - I'm back to work today, so i will be posting more, mr jengles is home with the baby...he's not feeling that exactly but i told him it is what we have to do for now, he wants to work something i am pleased about but i have to work on feeling out his aos papers.

I know alot of men don't "get" that they have to be a responsible parent when they chose to get a woman pregnant ....but um, helllloooo??? Whose gonna when we have to go to work !! ??

I never said he wasn't a responsible parent, but do agree with your comment

I don't think she meant it bad there, Jengles. I had somewhat the same thing....Andre kept telling me how bored he was at home while I was working almost 80 hours a week to support us both. I finally got to the point where I said shut the hell up..... It's not like I want to be doing this. I think she meant it kind of along those lines.

Ok That I totally understand....

i think what she ment was not the he doesn't want to be resonsible but that he has to shed his single boy lifestyle....that he has a child and a wife and even though he may want to go out...he has a role that he needs to do....

going through the same thing with mike...and our child isn't even here....he has started this thing were he feels the need to go out EVERY weekend....and doesn't get it that is ok...but not everyweekend....he should be taking care of me....it is my turn to be taken care of and pamperd....but he hasn't gotten that yet...he may never....

...agreed...as opposed to where they think they are needed

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
My husband is absolutely crazy..........he just agreed to run a 50 yard race in 2 inch heels on Wednesday at the local mall to try and win my daughter sold out Hannah Montana tickets. Told you he was a keeper!!!!!

This is too funny! :lol:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
I would love to see my man trying to run in heels. I need a laugh like that. :lol:

I'm sure its been talked about before and I've tried to read through the 563 pages (wow) but.... whats the cheapest way to call Jamaica?

I find the "cheapest" way is to have your SO set up the unlimited US calling on their C&W phone plan in Jamaica. Its like the equivalent of $25 per month. Other wise there is IDT.com, Ringyard.com STE Prepaid, but nothing compares to the C&W unlimited plan. I use to call my husband for free from computer to computer but he has limited access to the computer now.

Another thing is the VoIP calling...you gotta look into that a bit but its basically a call from your phone that transmits over internet lines instead of phone lines so of course it cheaper. You can give your SO a US number to dial him on with this service.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

My SO has a megaphone. The service isn't that bad where he lives and since he got it I've saved a lot of $$$ not having to buy phone cards anymore. When I do call him I use the Sprint calling cards from CVS. For $10 I get about 65 minutes and it doesn't rob me of minutes like some cards/companies do. :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
When they take blood try not to look. I am a diabetic so i get blood taken every three months. Congrats on your having a baby. I look at everyones timelines and i am like wow.

Had my blood taken today.....yuck....first time i ever had it done...... :halloween

OMG!!! How old are you?! This is the FIRST time you ever had blood drawn? Are you sure?

Shoot, I was pregnant at 27 when I had those viles of blood taken from me. I had never had blood drawn like that up to that point?! and now that I'm 42, hasn't happened since that time.....

Lord, well something must really be wrong with me cause i have never had a child so I dont know how much blood they draw, but I have had so many viles of blood in my life I could give about 2 of yall a transfusion. I guess I am odd in that since and never even know it. LOL :lol:

So how much do they draw, is it really that much?? I'm actually fascinated with blood drawing...yeah I'm wierd...but like I said I've gone thru it so much its just interestign to see now.

well i am 25 and was never sent to get any blood done...they gave me this drink i had to drink in 5 mins...at first it tasted good then it started to have a BAD after taste.....she found the vein no problem and took 6 yes 6 things of blood.....fun times....

Wow Shauna you are so lucky never to have blood drawn before. Man they never made me drink nothing to give my 6 tubes of blood. I got poked twice. One arm ran out of blood so they poked the other. I am so use to nurses not being able to find my veins I just laugh. Just wait until your IV those things hurt. Giving blood is a piece of cake. I have been in the hospital numerous times and the IV's always get me. I think this is my first and last pergnancy with all the morning sickness I can't take it.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My SO has a megaphone. The service isn't that bad where he lives and since he got it I've saved a lot of $$$ not having to buy phone cards anymore. When I do call him I use the Sprint calling cards from CVS. For $10 I get about 65 minutes and it doesn't rob me of minutes like some cards/companies do. :thumbs:

Good deal Marie...look out for when CVS has those card 2 for 1...Girl I save up to buy $200-300 dollars worth of calling card at a time! This way you get 130 minutes for $10. :thumbs: Last time I drove around looking for CVS' that were sold out of the cards so I could get rainchecks on the buy 1 get 1 :devil: So when I finished all of my ones I bought on sale I have my rainchecks to hold me over til the next 2 for 1 sale. :yes::yes: Plus, they give you 10% more minutes when you renew it at CVS.

(L), Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.