Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Had my blood taken today.....yuck....first time i ever had it done...... :halloween:

Baby Girl,

Hate to tell you...it won't be the last... :lol::no:! Hang in there, it's a good thing, they just want to make sure that all is well! Just keep saying ..."End result is worth it...End result is worth it!" That's how I got through!

Blessed,

Gill

i know i know.....the lady taking the blood said well having the baby hurts much worse....i was thinking gee thanks.... :lol:

She's a jerk to tell you that! I hate when people do that! Look every woman and every body is different. Honestly, I was blessed with my first I started dialating weeks before he actually came out...so it was a pretty speedy labour and delivery wasn't so bad...I went back and did it all over again 18 months later. :lol: So Chica, just pray and he will see you through!

(L),Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For me i know that Corey works hard, but does not make alot of money. So I try to help as much as i can. I tell myself it is not always going to be like this.

Hello All,

The answer to how not to miss your man so much is to work your but off. You are going to need the money anyways. Money for USCIS, Visa, travel and don't forget the wedding. But even with all of this you still miss them something terible. I miss mine everyday and count down the weeks until i see him again. When we started this journey we thought it would only be a couple months. Not so on seven months and counting.

Hello Nicky, saw your post and it prompted me to ask this question...not directly to you but in general to all cause I have seen posts and statements like your before.

My question to all is why are we working so hard to pay for EVERYTHING!! Visas, travel, even our own wedding. I mean....are these men contributing ANYTHING to the process? Shouldn't he be working his butt off to pay for his plane ticket or at least the cost of his passport and visa. Whats that all about? I understand the pay scale is different in Jamaica, but the need is still the same as here in the US.....so if he wants to come here, and be with you, he should be paying for it. Him not paying for at least 40% of this process is a problem to me. And if he can't afford it then he cant come til he can! I mean this is residency into the most sought after country in all the WORLD....this is a big move and "accomplishment" to say the least....if someone really wants it...they will make a way to get it paid for......

Just something to ponder.

Well, if he has family left behind........it could be

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Had my blood taken today.....yuck....first time i ever had it done...... :halloween:

Baby Girl,

Hate to tell you...it won't be the last... :lol::no:! Hang in there, it's a good thing, they just want to make sure that all is well! Just keep saying ..."End result is worth it...End result is worth it!" That's how I got through!

Blessed,

Gill

i know i know.....the lady taking the blood said well having the baby hurts much worse....i was thinking gee thanks.... :lol:

She's a jerk to tell you that! I hate when people do that! Look every woman and every body is different. Honestly, I was blessed with my first I started dialating weeks before he actually came out...so it was a pretty speedy labour and delivery wasn't so bad...I went back and did it all over again 18 months later. :lol: So Chica, just pray and he will see you through!

(L),Gill

i pray for that to happen....mike wants me to go into labor and bam the baby will come out...no hospital stay...i told him...haha keep wishing..... :lol:

Timeline
For me i know that Corey works hard, but does not make alot of money. So I try to help as much as i can. I tell myself it is not always going to be like this.

I understand completely. Just know that even though it does get better, depending on your situation, YOU might always be the primary bread winner in your relationship. I know this is something that I still struggle with occasionally - even though I knew what I was getting into when I got married. He works his butt off, but with little education, the money is just not gonna be the same. So just know what your expectations are for the future so you're both on the same page ;)

He will probably not be able to get a job right away. It could be months. You may always make more then him. And, his family and friends may be looking for constant handouts. It could be like this forever.

Talk it out all the time and set some limits. That is my advice.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Baby Girl,

Blessed,

Gill

(L),Gill

i pray for that to happen....mike wants me to go into labor and bam the baby will come out...no hospital stay...i told him...haha keep wishing..... :lol:

:lol: ...yeah, that would be noice! I remember my insurance company sending my the EOB for my 1st son's delivery...I was charged $500 for the blinking anithesiologist to STAND-BY, in case I got an epidural! Which I couldn't even get because the labor was to quick! :angry: ...Don't think I didn't call a few weeks later and ask them for my raincheck epidural :lol::lol: -Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Oh, honey, you better get used to that now.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi everybody! thanks for your well wishes and encouragement it means alot to me im just gettin myself together today im gonna go in town have a good day the rain has cleared it was sunny today and yesterday. The day i get here Chris decides to say that hes not ready to get married. Im like when did u plan on sayin this. :help:

IM prayin that everyone get their interview dates soon!!! have a blessed day everyone :thumbs:

He was very brave to tell you that. And, his honestly is refreshing.

Hugs to you.

I agree Jomo...but it would have been even more valuable and refreshing if he would have spoken up BEFORE she dragged herself down there, of course with a ishload of 'things' for him and his family! :angry: If he knew it so soon after she got there, in my mind he dyam well knew that he didn't want to get married BEFORE she got there!

(L), Gill

I do agree with you on that part. But, men are such chickens. It's a miracle he told her at all.

Baby Girl,

Blessed,

Gill

(L),Gill

Well, yes and no on this. I have just one word for you Nanny.....EPIDURAL.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi everybody! thanks for your well wishes and encouragement it means alot to me im just gettin myself together today im gonna go in town have a good day the rain has cleared it was sunny today and yesterday. The day i get here Chris decides to say that hes not ready to get married. Im like when did u plan on sayin this. :help:

IM prayin that everyone get their interview dates soon!!! have a blessed day everyone :thumbs:

He was very brave to tell you that. And, his honestly is refreshing.

Hugs to you.

I agree Jomo...but it would have been even more valuable and refreshing if he would have spoken up BEFORE she dragged herself down there, of course with a ishload of 'things' for him and his family! :angry: If he knew it so soon after she got there, in my mind he dyam well knew that he didn't want to get married BEFORE she got there!

(L), Gill

I do agree with you on that part. But, men are such chickens. It's a miracle he told her at all.

Baby Girl,

Blessed,

Gill

(L),Gill

Well, yes and no on this. I have just one word for you Nanny.....EPIDURAL.

oh i am not a pain person at all....so any drugs they have they better keep 'em coming......

Timeline

I talked to Sarah on Saturday. It was about 3 hours before her wedding and she was running around doing the hair and make up thing. She was giddy as can be. She sounded just so happy.

She said they were video taping and taking lots of pictures and she would do some posting as soon as she could.

She is going to try to come online later today to check in. I told her there were well wishes all over the internet for her.

I'm just so happy for her and Marlon.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I talked to Sarah on Saturday. It was about 3 hours before her wedding and she was running around doing the hair and make up thing. She was giddy as can be. She sounded just so happy.

She said they were video taping and taking lots of pictures and she would do some posting as soon as she could.

She is going to try to come online later today to check in. I told her there were well wishes all over the internet for her.

I'm just so happy for her and Marlon.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...that's lovely! I really wish them the best...can't wait to see the wedding pix :yes:

(L) -Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
KEVIN IS ALIVE AND NOT IN JAIL EITHER...........But once I see him......HE WILL BE!!! I have to go now but will be back on later with the details. Not completely sure how I am going to handle the situation...but just know he has been found!!!!

I think I want to say, I'm so sorry.

not sure what to say....just know we are here for you (L)

***the rest of the story*****

I spoke with his Uncle who had limited info other than to tell me Kevin was having to live with a different relative because of a new job....He then gave me 2 more phone numbers, one for K's mom and another # for another uncle - both of whom I know but didn't have #'s for. I called K's mom (reluctantly because I only can understand 5-10%) so already going into the call I was well aware I was making the call to relay info for her to pass on and less for me to get info. On both of the calls they acted amazed and upset with K at his lack of borrowing a phone. His mom did say somthing about his phone being "mash up" and trying to tell me about his new job and why he wasn't at his last one...something about big man vs likkle man ??? now working farther from where he was up in the country thus staying with uncle TT...I was like WHO?? ANYWAY...she says she is going to go into town and bring him her phone..All I did manage to tell her is that I was/am ready to quit him and he may have mashed up everytin!!! I told her that when she does see him that she should beat him pon his head!! I so wish I could have recorded the call because I know it would have been quite a learning experience on patois. She normally speaks fast and very very very heavy patois but last night it was magnified because #1 she was very surprised (acted happy) that I called her, #2 (acted) upset at K and #3 probably also upset that K was risking his ticket out!!!! I use the word acted not because I could tell but because I don't want to be blind to what "could be" happening. Lets just say...I haven't talked to him but honestly I really don't think talking over the phone LD will get the results I need and I will ultimatly use my trip next month to determine where we stand and where to go from here.

Thanks everyone for the concern and messages of support. I haven't thrown in the towel yet but just know I am walking lightly with my eyes open .....WIDE OPEN.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
KEVIN IS ALIVE AND NOT IN JAIL EITHER...........But once I see him......HE WILL BE!!! I have to go now but will be back on later with the details. Not completely sure how I am going to handle the situation...but just know he has been found!!!!

I spoke with his Uncle who had limited info other than to tell me Kevin was having to live with a different relative because of a new job....He then gave me 2 more phone numbers, one for K's mom and another # for another uncle - both of whom I know but didn't have #'s for. I called K's mom (reluctantly because I only can understand 5-10%) so already going into the call I was well aware I was making the call to relay info for her to pass on and less for me to get info. On both of the calls they acted amazed and upset with K at his lack of borrowing a phone. His mom did say somthing about his phone being "mash up" and trying to tell me about his new job and why he wasn't at his last one...something about big man vs likkle man ??? now working farther from where he was up in the country thus staying with uncle TT...I was like WHO?? ANYWAY...she says she is going to go into town and bring him her phone..All I did manage to tell her is that I was/am ready to quit him and he may have mashed up everytin!!! I told her that when she does see him that she should beat him pon his head!! I so wish I could have recorded the call because I know it would have been quite a learning experience on patois. She normally speaks fast and very very very heavy patois but last night it was magnified because #1 she was very surprised (acted happy) that I called her, #2 (acted) upset at K and #3 probably also upset that K was risking his ticket out!!!! I use the word acted not because I could tell but because I don't want to be blind to what "could be" happening. Lets just say...I haven't talked to him but honestly I really don't think talking over the phone LD will get the results I need and I will ultimatly use my trip next month to determine where we stand and where to go from here.

Thanks everyone for the concern and messages of support. I haven't thrown in the towel yet but just know I am walking lightly with my eyes open .....WIDE OPEN.

Sounds like you are handling this exactly as I would suggest. I am sorry. I wish you the best of luck in whatever outcome you decide is best for you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Sounds like you are handling this exactly as I would suggest. I am sorry. I wish you the best of luck in whatever outcome you decide is best for you.

Ditto...as Shelly Tunda says..."Sometime a man fi git coof (hit)!!" One day at a time Sis...One day at a time!

Blessed (L) always, Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

**********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

----Sorry for the Patois----Let me know if you need translation (L)-Gill***********************************************************

A young man from Jamaica moves to Miami and goes to a big Department

shopping complex looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The Jamaican young man says. "Bossie, mi was a salesman back home on

di streets a Kingston."

Well, the boss liked him so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow.

I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it.

After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did

you make today?"

The Jamaican young man says, "Man, Just ONE sale"

The boss says, "Just one? No! No! No! You see here our sales people

average 20 or 30 sales a day. If you want to keep this job, you'd

better be doing better than just one sale". "By the way, how much was

the sale for?"

The Jamaican young man says, "$301,237.64"

Boss says, "$301, 237.64? What the hell did you sell?"

The Jamaican young man: "Bossie, Fus mi sell him one little fish hook.

Den mi sell him a medium size fish hook.

Den mi sell him 1 big fish hook. Den mi sell him one fishing rod an

sum fishing tings.

Den mi ask him whey him a go fishing an him seh dung de coast, so mi

tell him sey him a go want one boat, so we go dung a de boating

department an mi sell him one twin engine Chris Craft.

Den him seh him nuh think him Honda Civic caan pull it, so mi tek him

dung a wi automotive department an mi sell him di 4X4 Blazer.

Den mi ask him whey him a go sleep, an since him neva have nuh weh, mi

tek him dung a di camping department an sell him one a di new Igloo 6

sleeper camper tent.

Den the man seh, while we deh pon it, mi might as well fling in about

a $100.00 wut a groceries and two cases of beer."

The boss said, "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fish

hook and you sold him a Boat, a 4x4 truck and a tent?"

The Jamaican young man says, "No sah, him com in yah fi buy one box a

Tampon fi him wife, and mi seh: Well, since yuh weekend mash up, yuh

might jus as well go ketch fish."

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.