Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone! How do you guys deal with having your man so far away? I'm missing mine so much. (And I've only been away from him for 6 days, lol.) Just looking for ideas that maybe I haven't tried yet.

Welcome to the club Classy. It gets better with time. You just have to exercise patience and trust and creativity or you will drive yourself crazy. I just try to enjoy and be grateful for the time i do get with him like....phone calls, IM's texts, chats, emails. We send each other CD's of our favorite music. I send him pictures of me and and video diaries through email. And I just past the time by having my OWN goals and hobbies that have nothing to do with him. I am a big advocate on not becoming obessed with someone, its the only thing that keeps you on solid ground. So my hobby is doing construction around my house. I am redesigning my kitchen, bedroom and living room, so that alone takes up alot of my time.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Vex if yu want, but mi know sey nuff a yu mother-in-law wouldn't luv yu if yu did live a Jamaica, dem only want if know seh dem pickney a get a buss and dem a benefit, when dem si unnu dem start show teeth an want hug up an boast pon dem neighbor bout dem daughter in law from America. Mi have sister to and mi nuh want si nobody tek her fi a ride.

Some of this ..I'm late but this is sooo true!!! My husbands mother did not even raise him, dumped him off on his fathers mother to raise, Now she calls monthly telling my husband he should be a ashamed B/C cause him nah tek care him mudda now him a gone a farrin? :blink: We ever we go visit she's "like I love U this and I love your wife dat." Thank you fa tek cara D? :blink: and bring him to America? Wha? Come on get real. You don't even know me :blink: Then she cries (actual tears) saying my husband was the one she shoulda taken care of, and I'm thinking why now? ...Cause she knows he can file for her to come to the states?? She has her other son call pressuring him to file papers for him mudda. :wacko:

Brownnskin this is so true. Its quite sad how many people in JA view the life here in the US as this wonderful green pastures care free lifestyle and actually "thank you" for taking their child there like you are doing some sort of charity case. Its definitley a cultural thing for Jamaicans to think this was about farrin. But we who have lived here know its not like that for most people living in the States. Granted much more opportunities exist here but many exist to screw you up also.

My husband has already informed me of how he will have to take care of his family when he gets here. He says its just what many people expect when a family member goes a farrin'....that that member has "made it", and will now try to help out all the rest who are still left behind. Its sad...but in many ways it is needed to help out cus lets face it....it is a harder life in JA....I mean we all been there and seen the ridiculous prices on things.

So I have no problem with helping out....I understood that need before I married him and I married into it knowningly, but I also think its my duty to educate the relatives back home as to how its not as "easy" as they think it is, and money dont grow on trees so for them to be dependant on my finances would be ignorant of them.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Other Timeline
Vex if yu want, but mi know sey nuff a yu mother-in-law wouldn't luv yu if yu did live a Jamaica, dem only want if know seh dem pickney a get a buss and dem a benefit, when dem si unnu dem start show teeth an want hug up an boast pon dem neighbor bout dem daughter in law from America. Mi have sister to and mi nuh want si nobody tek her fi a ride.

Some of this ..I'm late but this is sooo true!!! My husbands mother did not even raise him, dumped him off on his fathers mother to raise, Now she calls monthly telling my husband he should be a ashamed B/C cause him nah tek care him mudda now him a gone a farrin? :blink: We ever we go visit she's "like I love U this and I love your wife dat." Thank you fa tek cara D? :blink: and bring him to America? Wha? Come on get real. You don't even know me :blink: Then she cries (actual tears) saying my husband was the one she shoulda taken care of, and I'm thinking why now? ...Cause she knows he can file for her to come to the states?? She has her other son call pressuring him to file papers for him mudda. :wacko:

Brownnskin this is so true. Its quite sad how many people in JA view the life here in the US as this wonderful green pastures care free lifestyle and actually "thank you" for taking their child there like you are doing some sort of charity case. Its definitley a cultural thing for Jamaicans to think this was about farrin. But we who have lived here know its not like that for most people living in the States. Granted much more opportunities exist here but many exist to screw you up also.

My husband has already informed me of how he will have to take care of his family when he gets here. He says its just what many people expect when a family member goes a farrin'....that that member has "made it", and will now try to help out all the rest who are still left behind. Its sad...but in many ways it is needed to help out cus lets face it....it is a harder life in JA....I mean we all been there and seen the ridiculous prices on things.

So I have no problem with helping out....I understood that need before I married him and I married into it knowningly, but I also think its my duty to educate the relatives back home as to how its not as "easy" as they think it is, and money dont grow on trees so for them to be dependant on my finances would be ignorant of them.

Fi True, and my hubby is ova here working his A$$ off so da him hava nuff money to send, so she dosen't talk trash about him to his family, I'm like SO WHAT!!! I JUST called to tell his father that the money soon come. She answered the phone, first words outa her mouth I love U :wacko: Next min hubby coma calling up set cause the brudda in NY called and cuzz bad words say how him a go see him mudda and not give her a dime? That him come to JA and war his mudda?? He's like whats dat u ah talk eh? Told his brother how he gave her his last, we all had a nice time, and didn't know what he was talking about He's so fustrated cause the whole family expects him to tek cara dem. I'm reddy to seh look mi tired to hell wit alla dem, cause dem nah stress mi, I don't need any more stress!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I don't mind helping either, a buck can go a long way in JA. The problem is she neva reconize, and seh tanks and really mean it. It really hurts him to hear that she's gone on and on bout how we don't help when we do and she has a home full of big people with dem pickeny a yard and dem nah help and she's not complaining about dem. It's just sad.

Hi everyone! How do you guys deal with having your man so far away? I'm missing mine so much. (And I've only been away from him for 6 days, lol.) Just looking for ideas that maybe I haven't tried yet.

Welcome to the club Classy. It gets better with time. You just have to exercise patience and trust and creativity or you will drive yourself crazy. I just try to enjoy and be grateful for the time i do get with him like....phone calls, IM's texts, chats, emails. We send each other CD's of our favorite music. I send him pictures of me and and video diaries through email. And I just past the time by having my OWN goals and hobbies that have nothing to do with him. I am a big advocate on not becoming obessed with someone, its the only thing that keeps you on solid ground. So my hobby is doing construction around my house. I am redesigning my kitchen, bedroom and living room, so that alone takes up alot of my time.

Ditto!! keep busy, don't waste time worring bout your future hubby, tek care of your self, enjoy your free time is what I always seh cause you have much less of it when it come time for your SO to arrive!! Esp if you have children in your home already. I feel like there is never enough time :wacko:

quote]

Ditto!! keep busy, don't waste time worring bout your future hubby, tek care of your self, enjoy your free time is what I always seh cause you have much less of it when it come time for your SO to arrive!! Esp if you have children in your home already. I feel like there is never enough time :wacko:

I guess I meant worring period. :huh::hehe:;)

Edited by brownnskinn

Filed: Timeline
Dang, Ms Scott didn't get a date yet..what is going on..has she called the embassy ?

Per Jenice's advice, I contacted both United States Senators. I just received a letter from Senator Johnny Isakson's office that reads:

Dear Mrs. Scott:

This will acknowledge receipt of your privacy release form.

An inquiry has been forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Kingston on your behalf. As soon as we receive any information, we will notify you.

Should you have any questions, please contact me in the Senator's Atlanta Office at 770-661-XXXX.

Sincerely,

Charles Spry

Constituent Services Representative

I feel like I'm making progress. Georgia Congressman David Scott nor Senator Kasim Reed never sent a letter. For goodness sake, I filed a complaint three weeks ago. :angry:

I just faxed Senator Isakson on Thursday, October 10th (after 4 PM). At least he had the decency to respond. I hope to have some great news to share next week. Thanks to all of you for your support. :whistle

K. Scott

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dang, Ms Scott didn't get a date yet..what is going on..has she called the embassy ?

Per Jenice's advice, I contacted both United States Senators. I just received a letter from Senator Johnny Isakson's office that reads:

Dear Mrs. Scott:

An inquiry has been forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Kingston on your behalf. As soon as we receive any information, we will notify you.

Should you have any questions, please contact me in the Senator's Atlanta Office at 770-661-XXXX.

Sincerely,

Charles Spry

I feel like I'm making progress. Georgia Congressman David Scott nor Senator Kasim Reed never sent a letter. For goodness sake, I filed a complaint three weeks ago. :angry:

I just faxed Senator Isakson on Thursday, October 10th (after 4 PM). At least he had the decency to respond. I hope to have some great news to share next week. Thanks to all of you for your support. :whistle

K. Scott

At least you got a response. Hopefully, the inquiry will spur the embassy into action. ;)

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dear Mrs. Scott:

Sincerely,

Charles Spry

K. Scott

Good Girl!!! :thumbs: Start wid once a week. Next Thursday or Friday, give the office a call. Thank them for their time and efforts...just wanted to know if they hear anything yet and when they might expect to hear something! This is foolishness now! Don't forget to remind them that it's a REAL struggle and all you want is your HUSBAND! Is Senator Isakson up for re-election next year?

Just keep pon dem and as always you're in my prayers!

Blessed (L) -Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Fi real! I think the first few weeks are the hardest cause all of the memories are SO fresh in your mind! I don't know you but maybe get a second job...cause when the NOA2 comes money will be flying out of your hands! :lol: ...Also, start getting the documentation together that you will need for your next step! Trust me that's enough to occupy you for WEEKS! :lol:

But most of all like Marlita said, just enjoy the moments throughout the day that you are in contact with him! :luv: ...Don't forget this is a GREAT thread!! We are all here to help each other get through! We all understand what you're going through because all of us have gone through it or like you, are going through it!

Hang in there Sis...one day one day and your day soon come!

Blessed -Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
OFF TOPIC!!! ( I still caan find deh likkle smiley wid the sign :no: )

Has anyone heard the unedited version of Mavado's 'Squeeze Breast'? :o:o I only heard the 'radio' version, until this weekend!

Why did I grab his new CD this weekend and got the SHOCK OF MY LIFE! I had my boys in the car when I turned straight to 'Squeeze Breast'...OMG!! Mi nearly crash mi car I was trying fi turn it off...before the pickney cyatch on tuh what he was saying! Mi a press hevery damn button fi mek Mavado SHUT UP!!!! :lol::lol:

(L) -Gill

:lol::yes: OKay! Fi true. I did the same thing. I was was on a mixed tape we brought back from Ja. I Neva know what's coming next. From now on no dancehall while the pickney in the car.

YUH KNOW!!! I was like ok...we can play # 21 (Pon deh Gullyside) and 23-25(slow songs with NO cursing) ONLY!!! When the kids are in the car...the only problem is 'Squeeze Breast' is #22 right inna deh middle! So whenever I forget to skip...all I need fi hear is that "Gyal mi nuh yuh waan me"...from Mavado and Mom springs into gear and it's off to #23!! :lol::lol:

Forget about watching dancehall music videos!!! :no:

Blessed (L) , Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OFF TOPIC!!! ( I still caan find deh likkle smiley wid the sign :no: )

Has anyone heard the unedited version of Mavado's 'Squeeze Breast'? :o:o I only heard the 'radio' version, until this weekend!

Why did I grab his new CD this weekend and got the SHOCK OF MY LIFE! I had my boys in the car when I turned straight to 'Squeeze Breast'...OMG!! Mi nearly crash mi car I was trying fi turn it off...before the pickney cyatch on tuh what he was saying! Mi a press hevery damn button fi mek Mavado SHUT UP!!!! :lol::lol:

(L) -Gill

:lol::yes: OKay! Fi true. I did the same thing. I was was on a mixed tape we brought back from Ja. I Neva know what's coming next. From now on no dancehall while the pickney in the car.

YUH KNOW!!! I was like ok...we can play # 21 (Pon deh Gullyside) and 23-25(slow songs with NO cursing) ONLY!!! When the kids are in the car...the only problem is 'Squeeze Breast' is #22 right inna deh middle! So whenever I forget to skip...all I need fi hear is that "Gyal mi nuh yuh waan me"...from Mavado and Mom springs into gear and it's off to #23!! :lol::lol:

Forget about watching dancehall music videos!!! :no:

Blessed (L) , Gill

:lol: :lol: :lol: for a long time when i would walk into the apartment the first thing i would hear was movado saying "Squeeze da breast" it was so loud it was like he was actually in the apartment singing it....i am sure our neighbors loved us....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.