Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do your SO's have a Jamaican nickname? If so, what is it? Why did they get it? And, do you call him that? Who else does?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
the boy i take care of is sick....i think he has a sinus infection...been going around at school....he is just sssoo unhappy....

Poor thing, I've been sick for two weeks with the same thing (F)

well i took him and his twin sis the the clinic last night was almost there for 3 hours...he has a horrible fire red ear infection and they think starting of pnemonia...

Timeline

Here are a few more winter related pics from our first winter together. I couldn't find any of him all bundled up though. Sorry, not on my computer here.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...215215_0005.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...215215_0006.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...215215_0003.jpg

the boy i take care of is sick....i think he has a sinus infection...been going around at school....he is just sssoo unhappy....

well i took him and his twin sis the the clinic last night was almost there for 3 hours...he has a horrible fire red ear infection and they think starting of pnemonia...

You should be an old pro when your own child comes, girl.

Poor baby. Did they put him on all kinds of meds?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Do your SO's have a Jamaican nickname? If so, what is it? Why did they get it? And, do you call him that? Who else does?

mike's name is dil dil :lol: and his dad's is duck :lol: .....his dad got his cause as a kid a walked like a duck....and mike got his cause a dil dil is a baby duck....

Timeline
Here are a few more winter related pics from our first winter together. I couldn't find any of him all bundled up though. Sorry, not on my computer here.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...215215_0005.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...215215_0006.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...215215_0003.jpg

You should be an old pro when your own child comes, girl.

Poor baby. Did they put him on all kinds of meds?

a high amount of antibiotics and he has to have 4 nebulizer treatments a day..

i know i will be...i had my 1st dr's appointment today and they sked me if i had any questions and i said no not really i have kinda been through all this with my job...and they laughed...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree, Jamaica is going down the drain and where are the politicians that come around during election time and hand out work, money and pretend like they care ? It kills me to know that my niece can be subjected to these old men trying to get with her on the streets coming home from school. It's just so hurtful when I think about it. I pray for them. It's just such a shame. i remember those days when Jamaica was Jamaica and the old men used to defend the young girls on the street instead of getting them pregnant and what can the moms do about this? most times nothing cause they'll end up in some gulley with bag over their heads.

I want those days back too :angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ken's is Shango...(deh gyal dem Mango)! Arrright, the first time he told me this, I was like I MOST certainly will NOT be calling you that! :huh: (And don't forget I am NICKNAME QUEEN...love them) And a few months later I insisted that the nickname be changed because 'deh girl dem Mango' had been picked!!!! :lol::lol:

(L), Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I agree, Jamaica is going down the drain and where are the politicians that come around during election time and hand out work, money and pretend like they care ? It kills me to know that my niece can be subjected to these old men trying to get with her on the streets coming home from school. It's just so hurtful when I think about it. I pray for them. It's just such a shame. i remember those days when Jamaica was Jamaica and the old men used to defend the young girls on the street instead of getting them pregnant and what can the moms do about this? most times nothing cause they'll end up in some gulley with bag over their heads.

I want those days back too :angry:

I want those days back for my little relative still there too. I have a 16 year old SIL that I pray for every single day. I really hope this family repetitive choices will be different with her. She has dreams and is smart enough to achieve them if..................

Can I ask you Jamaicans.....has it always been so sexual in nature? Not sure how to put this....and please don't bite my head off......but, I see sex in almost everything there. The clothes, the dances, the songs, the billboards, the talk, the actions, the children. Not sure if you even get what I am trying to say. It just seems overly in your face to me. Now, I am a midwest girl. Some say we are a little backwards here. If that is true, it is fine with me. But, even some of the bigger US cities I have visited, I just don't see it as much. Has it always been so in Jamaica? If not, what changed?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ken's is Shango...(deh gyal dem Mango)! Arrright, the first time he told me this, I was like I MOST certainly will NOT be calling you that! :huh: (And don't forget I am NICKNAME QUEEN...love them) And a few months later I insisted that the nickname be changed because 'deh girl dem Mango' had been picked!!!! :lol::lol:

(L), Gill

Andre's is Jomo. When he was a child, he had a small head and big hears. They called him Jumbo and shortend it later to Jomo. I was horrified when I first heard it. That was until I heard they call his niece Winji. For those of you who might not know, that means very thin and unattractive. How cruel is that for a little girl?

Everyone calls him Jomo....all family and friends. He hates it if I do. He says it is a name of childhood and he is a man now.

(L), Gill

Andre's is Jomo. When he was a child, he had a small head and big hears. They called him Jumbo and shortend it later to Jomo. I was horrified when I first heard it. That was until I heard they call his niece Winji. For those of you who might not know, that means very thin and unattractive. How cruel is that for a little girl?

Everyone calls him Jomo....all family and friends. He hates it if I do. He says it is a name of childhood and he is a man now.

OMG.....I just reread my post and see I said "hears" instead of ears. When did the Patois rub off on me????????????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mi deh yah (until lunch break over) :blush:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Yesterday morning, I kissed Andre as I was leaving for work. He had worked 3-12 the night before. When I kissed him, he jumped like a foot off the bed. He said he had been dreaming a cow licked his face just as I kissed him. Said I scared the ####### out of him. He is so goofy!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Nickname is blue - MIL said when he was born he had spots on his back that looked blue, and the name stuck. I only call him that when I'm really trying to get his attention.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Yesterday morning, I kissed Andre as I was leaving for work. He had worked 3-12 the night before. When I kissed him, he jumped like a foot off the bed. He said he had been dreaming a cow licked his face just as I kissed him. Said I scared the ####### out of him. He is so goofy!

a cow....ok.... :lol::lol::lol:

Timeline

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Thank you. I sent this on to Andre.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.