Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I saw a 202 number for some government agency that can give you embassy updates...but I can't find it now. You are about to head back to Jamaica too? LAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD GAAAWWWWDDD!!!!!! :crying::crying:

You're talking about the Dept of State Number - (202) 663-1225. Jenice (USA-Jamaica) asked me for it so she could pass it on to Mrs. Scott last month. My heart goes out to her because it is simply ridiculous that she is waiting this long.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hey all,

My sweetie is scheduled to arrive at 9:52pm tonight so I still have a ways to go. I checked the flight status and everything seemed to be okay. They did leave 12 mins later than they should have but that shouldn't affect the flight too much. I'm on EDGE!! :wacko: My sister keeps me riled up about him coming and she is so excited to see him. She will go with me to pick him up at the airport tonight. I'm pondering about what I will get him to eat tonight because he should be starving. It will also be really really late though so I don't know.

Congrats Shonnie, I am so excited for you!!! Enjoy having your honey with you. :dance::dance:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
oK, SO..CAN i TELL u all that I walked in my room yesterday and my daughter had babay powder all over the place..I wanted to scream !! :angry::angry: I left it for her father to clean cause i know i woulda gi her some lick if mi did affi clean it up...

hahahahahah :lol: ...Gurrrrl, betta baby powder, than POOP!!! My son did that when he was around your daughters age...walked into his room and I smelled it before I turned the light on and saw it!! He smeared the stuff all over the walls, his crib, his toys...every blasted thing!!! I WAS SOOOOOO VEX yuh see, :angry::angry: i really couldda kill him...iff 'im diddna look so darn cute, even wid deh poo-poo all over him!!! Talk bout cleaning fi days!!! Shonnie (12/11/06) wouldda proudda mi! :lol: :

:lol::lol: Kimmy...Gill...Jawi...You all gave me a good laugh this evening. When mi suppose to ah clean, (I feel like FutureMrs incarnated), mi siddung yah a laugh at unnu pickney dem antics! What a stress!!! :lol::lol:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Timeline
I'm starting to get used to being in pain...so I'm okay. The doc wrote me out of work until the 25th. Boy, I wish I could take off for Jamaica. *sigh*

Hope you feel better soon (F) .

Ditto. I know that pain must be unbearable. I tore a ligament in my knee earlier in the year and I couldn't support any weight on it for a long time. You should have seen me trying to get up the stairs. My townhouse is a tri-level and the bedrooms are on the 3rd floor. I would be looking up each level and it seemed like I was trying to climb Everest. I hope you can find some relief soon.

Greetings everyone,

unnu love chat so - last time mi deh yah wi deh pon page 490, an now 535 :blink: ? Cha! Mi cyaan read all a dis! :lol:

Hope you are all doing well (L)

Hi J- good to see you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dang, Ms Scott didn't get a date yet..what is going on..has she called the embassy ?

I have called, faxed and e-mailed the Embassy a million times. Every time, I get the same response, "Your husband is eligible for an interview, but a date has not been set." Since I applied for a K-3 Visa, the NVC has nothing to do with scheduling. I have also contacted Congressman David Scott and Senator Kasim Reed in Georgia to see if they could intervene. To date, I have not received any assistance. What's a girl to do? Why do K-1 folks receive faster processing? This process has really put a strain on my marriage. Next week is my one year anniversary, yet my man is still in Jamaica. Other than divine intervention, I don't know what else to do. Milan is also awaiting an interview. Please keep her in your prayers.

Ms. Scott, keep calling the BLASTED congressmen & Senator!!! WTH!!! Especially if you are registered to their parties!! Are you calling BOTH Senators??? Definitely call the one up for re-election next year! Even if it every other day...be a damn pest! Girl, I had to call both Charles Schumer and Hilary Clinton's (NY) offices a few months ago in order to get my sons' passport to arrive before we went to JA! Girl, I poured it on THICK!!! "I have been a loyal member of your party for ...! I am a single Mom saved for a year for this vacation..."blah blah blah! EVERYDAY I called and 3 days before we were to leave home, Girl got their passports!

You should tell them exactly what you just told us! This is starting to put a strain on your marriage...you can't manage your household with his assistance...ray-tay-tay!! Just don't give up! Look yuh work dyam hard fi pay dem big big salaries...mek dem do a likkle work for you! Dyam foolishness!

Blessings, your in my prayers and all the best,

(L), Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all,

My sweetie is scheduled to arrive at 9:52pm tonight

:dance: :dance: Welcome home to Shonnie's sweetie!!

Ditto!!! :dance: Enjoy each other! (L)

Blessed love,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oK, SO..CAN i TELL u all that I walked in my room yesterday and my daughter had babay powder all over the place..I wanted to scream !! :angry::angry: I left it for her father to clean cause i know i woulda gi her some lick if mi did affi clean it up...

hahahahahah :lol: ...Gurrrrl, betta baby powder, than POOP!!! My son did that when he was around your daughters age...walked into his room and I smelled it before I turned the light on and saw it!! He smeared the stuff all over the walls, his crib, his toys...every blasted thing!!! I WAS SOOOOOO VEX yuh see, :angry::angry: i really couldda kill him...iff 'im diddna look so darn cute, even wid deh poo-poo all over him!!! Talk bout cleaning fi days!!! Shonnie (12/11/06) wouldda proudda mi! :lol: :

LOL...my mom said that my sis and I did that when we were little....alll over everything...walls...mattresses...and we even fed mom and dad while they were sleeping. :blink::whistle::blush:

oooh its quiet on here today :star: !!!! hi everybody hope your all havin a great day

I know. I was wondering if I was talking to myself. I haven't seen it this quiet since I joined. :no::huh::hehe:

:)..that's cause I don't have no one to trace..kkikkiihehee..I'm just kidding..that's cause the embassy has been good...knock on wood, not much action going on..not complaing at all..Jawi how u feeling now ?

We need to send up some united prayers for Mrs. Scott because she has been waiting since May for an Interview on a K3. She is hitting brick walls with her congressman and senator. What time today is Shonnies sweets coming in?

I'm starting to get used to being in pain...so I'm okay. The doc wrote me out of work until the 25th. Boy, I wish I could take off for Jamaica. *sigh*

Fi real...A dip in Milk River Bath would do you wonders.

Please fe stawt de send Jawi ole body ago Milk River Bath 2007 fund and mi grip dem already packed. Tonks. :innocent:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

:ot: First and foremost, I want to apologize to those who have a hard time reading patois, but this was too funny, I had to share. I will work on the translation for you all...

DEAR FAMILY & FRIENDS

As yu all know hurricane Dean hit wi ard.....wi a suffer dung ya. an wi

need likkle elp. Mi tank God say mi is alive to rite dis....

Remember say Western Union, Jamaica National an di banks back in a business....so send likkle money to elp mi out. Mi a mek list fi likkle

tings mi need inna di barrels mi ope yu a go seng dung ya....tings

bad,bad !!

HURRICANE RELIEF SUPPLY

One flat screen tv no less than 32"

One portable DVD player without the electricity boredom would a kill mi

DVDs of course ow else mi a go play di music an dance fi figet mi crosses

One MP3 player with FM stereo pon it di ipod wah unno send ongly play music mi couldnt get fi hear who and who dead, wah kill dem, weh dem a loot and if mi did haffi go back a wuck inna dis ya week.

One Sony digital camera no less than 8 megapixels cause right now mi coulda enta di Gleaner competition fi de bess hurricane pickcha

One SONY digital video recorder cause mi sure say TVJ and CVM woulda pay fi me footage of ol Miss Maud cross de road. She a run dung the road wid two sheet a zinc weh blow offa Barry roof. Fi give a 92 year old dat, she tief bad!

Sen one a de regular ol time plug een phone dem ..cause if mi did have one mi an di liad gyal June coulda labba labba through di whole hurricane all cause Cable and Wireless never bruck dung! The portable ting nah cut it if mi a prepare fi next urricane.

Mi hear sey dem ave flashlight weh you shake up and it light up send

few a dem come a mi one live ya but you know how it go mi coulda

sell dem and ave nugh money fi fancy up mi hair.

By di way one battery operated flat iron set cause a couldn get fi curl

mi weave good ting me have nuff wig yu shoulda see mi when mi step

out Monday mawning after Dean still a hot gal !

By de way, tell de ol worthless Barrington sey dee converter sinting weh him sen last time never wuck. Yu should a see me like eediat inna mi car a try hot lickle water inna mi lectric kekkle so send one good one a dat.

As a matter a fac mi want the lickle plug in sinting wey yu can drop inn de tea cup and hot the water

Mi want rechargeable batteries AA, AAA and D

Mi want battery charger fi de battery dem.

Mi need a wireless internet card because me coulda deh pon MSN pon mi laptop

Mi need couple Swifer mops because me hand did a get tired fi squeeze out dem yah when the water blow under me door.

Mi need some a the really big and stylish scented candles check Pier 1 Imports them always have.

JUST IN CASE ME HAVE TO GO A SHELTER:

One Baby Phat overalls in case the roof goes cause yu dun know mi

haffi look good

One Prada bag big enough fi hole me dry goods wey mi a carry go shelter

Check if Jimmy Choo mek wata boots too!

Mi Love unno hear! Mi know sey unno understand mi needs cause unno go true Katrina. mi nuh know how unno dweet! But mi know unno understand wah me go through without these relief supplies. Sarry sey me never ask bout ow yu folks doing.. But everything muss betta ove de for a farin unno live. Tings nuh haard over de..like out yah so me nay even haffi ask.

Love from.....Precious!

PS: Since me been home fi the few days me realize sey me cant tek the coarse sheet set them. Go up a Macys ask them fi dem Hotel

Collection bed linen pick up few a de Egyptian Cotton one dem fi

me. Arright?

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: First and foremost, I want to apologize to those who have a hard time reading patois, but this was too funny, I had to share. I will work on the translation for you all...

DEAR FAMILY & FRIENDS

As yu all know hurricane Dean hit wi ard.....wi a suffer dung ya. an wi

need likkle elp. Mi tank God say mi is alive to rite dis....

Remember say Western Union, Jamaica National an di banks back in a business....so send likkle money to elp mi out. Mi a mek list fi likkle

tings mi need inna di barrels mi ope yu a go seng dung ya....tings

bad,bad !!

HURRICANE RELIEF SUPPLY

One flat screen tv no less than 32"

One portable DVD player without the electricity boredom would a kill mi

DVDs of course ow else mi a go play di music an dance fi figet mi crosses

One MP3 player with FM stereo pon it di ipod wah unno send ongly play music mi couldnt get fi hear who and who dead, wah kill dem, weh dem a loot and if mi did haffi go back a wuck inna dis ya week.

One Sony digital camera no less than 8 megapixels cause right now mi coulda enta di Gleaner competition fi de bess hurricane pickcha

One SONY digital video recorder cause mi sure say TVJ and CVM woulda pay fi me footage of ol Miss Maud cross de road. She a run dung the road wid two sheet a zinc weh blow offa Barry roof. Fi give a 92 year old dat, she tief bad!

Sen one a de regular ol time plug een phone dem ..cause if mi did have one mi an di liad gyal June coulda labba labba through di whole hurricane all cause Cable and Wireless never bruck dung! The portable ting nah cut it if mi a prepare fi next urricane.

Mi hear sey dem ave flashlight weh you shake up and it light up send

few a dem come a mi one live ya but you know how it go mi coulda

sell dem and ave nugh money fi fancy up mi hair.

By di way one battery operated flat iron set cause a couldn get fi curl

mi weave good ting me have nuff wig yu shoulda see mi when mi step

out Monday mawning after Dean still a hot gal !

By de way, tell de ol worthless Barrington sey dee converter sinting weh him sen last time never wuck. Yu should a see me like eediat inna mi car a try hot lickle water inna mi lectric kekkle so send one good one a dat.

As a matter a fac mi want the lickle plug in sinting wey yu can drop inn de tea cup and hot the water

Mi want rechargeable batteries AA, AAA and D

Mi want battery charger fi de battery dem.

Mi need a wireless internet card because me coulda deh pon MSN pon mi laptop

Mi need couple Swifer mops because me hand did a get tired fi squeeze out dem yah when the water blow under me door.

Mi need some a the really big and stylish scented candles check Pier 1 Imports them always have.

JUST IN CASE ME HAVE TO GO A SHELTER:

One Baby Phat overalls in case the roof goes cause yu dun know mi

haffi look good

One Prada bag big enough fi hole me dry goods wey mi a carry go shelter

Check if Jimmy Choo mek wata boots too!

Mi Love unno hear! Mi know sey unno understand mi needs cause unno go true Katrina. mi nuh know how unno dweet! But mi know unno understand wah me go through without these relief supplies. Sarry sey me never ask bout ow yu folks doing.. But everything muss betta ove de for a farin unno live. Tings nuh haard over de..like out yah so me nay even haffi ask.

Love from.....Precious!

PS: Since me been home fi the few days me realize sey me cant tek the coarse sheet set them. Go up a Macys ask them fi dem Hotel

Collection bed linen pick up few a de Egyptian Cotton one dem fi

me. Arright?

rrrrrroooooooooooollllllllllliiiinnnnn....DWL....lawd Gawd. LMAO...har fuget fe ask fe de wire transfer. Har need nuff mney fe clear de barrel.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all,

Do you think I should fill out my I-130 with my married last name or my maiden last name even though I have not officially changed my name yet? On the I-130 it asks for "FAMILY" name. I am assuming this would be my married name so that our "family" name is the same. I dont plan on changing my name until he gets here.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hello all,

Do you think I should fill out my I-130 with my married last name or my maiden last name even though I have not officially changed my name yet? On the I-130 it asks for "FAMILY" name. I am assuming this would be my married name so that our "family" name is the same. I dont plan on changing my name until he gets here.

I think you should fill it out with your married last name as there is a section on the form for your prior names (including maiden name). Your marriage certificate will signify the "reason" for the name change and verify that it is legal. Can't wait for you to start the visa journey :thumbs::yes::yes:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Hello all,

I used my married name on the I-130 form. I didn't change my last name until he got here. The only thing I changed before the interview was my drivers licenses. I still to this day us my state ID for things that I have left in my married name. Most things are changed now but a few bills. When he got his soc card that is when I officially changed my name.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

:ot: It is so scary to see all that is going on in the world...How sad the shooting in Cleveland? What is happening to our children?

Luvtravlin - yes, the other day I meant Wisconsin, sorry :blush:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Hello all,

I think you should fill it out with your married last name as there is a section on the form for your prior names (including maiden name). Your marriage certificate will signify the "reason" for the name change and verify that it is legal. Can't wait for you to start the visa journey :thumbs::yes::yes:

You can use either name it really doesn't matter. But if you plan on changing it us it on the I-130 because it will be hand for the rest of the journey in 2 years. On the marriage certificate it does not tell if you changed names or not. Some ladies still use their maiden names and never change their last names.

Hey all,

My sweetie is scheduled to arrive at 9:52pm tonight

:dance: :dance: Welcome home to Shonnie's sweetie!!

Ditto!!! :dance: Enjoy each other! (L)

Blessed love,

Gill

All the best :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.