Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oK, SO..CAN i TELL u all that I walked in my room yesterday and my daughter had babay powder all over the place..I wanted to scream !! :angry::angry: I left it for her father to clean cause i know i woulda gi her some lick if mi did affi clean it up...

*Jawi trying hard fe stifle wan dutty buss hout and laff*

*kin teet*

Ummm...and how did she get to the powder K? What did Daddy K say? *snicker...giggle* that reminds me of the time my oldest son got to my new lingerie (nightie and matching robe)...the robe had feathers around the sleeves...very cute. Welll anyway...I come into my room and I see pink feathers or remnants of feathers floating around my room. My lingerie was not in the bag on the bed. So, I go to my closet to look for it....when I get there...my son (then 3) was sitting on the floor with his little safety scissors...I asked him did you cut up mommie's feathers....and he said no mommy. Meanwhile there were feathers all over him...all over his little head and face and hands. My robe was sitting mangled in a pile next to him...with the price tags still attached.

waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee BOAL....LMAO...sorry Kimmy! I can't help it! LOL LMAO at the image of white powder all over everything.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm starting to get used to being in pain...so I'm okay. The doc wrote me out of work until the 25th. Boy, I wish I could take off for Jamaica. *sigh*

Hope you feel better soon (F) .

Timeline
Hey all,

My sweetie is scheduled to arrive at 9:52pm tonight so I still have a ways to go. I checked the flight status and everything seemed to be okay. They did leave 12 mins later than they should have but that shouldn't affect the flight too much. I'm on EDGE!! :wacko: My sister keeps me riled up about him coming and she is so excited to see him. She will go with me to pick him up at the airport tonight. I'm pondering about what I will get him to eat tonight because he should be starving. It will also be really really late though so I don't know.

I know you are too excited. I would be bouncing off the walls...that's why I want to fly back with A so I don't have to do the wait in the airport...looking for him in the crowd.

Tell him that all your sisters from VJ...said "Welcome home MON! Everyting is irie!!! As you have noticed here in the USA we drive on the right side of the road. We will overtake several lanes on a 5-lane highway all at once...and we do not blow our horns unless we are also giving you a lewd hand gesture outside the window or in the rearview mirror. " :dance::whistle::innocent::wacko:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline
Dang, Ms Scott didn't get a date yet..what is going on..has she called the embassy ?

I have called, faxed and e-mailed the Embassy a million times. Every time, I get the same response, "Your husband is eligible for an interview, but a date has not been set." Since I applied for a K-3 Visa, the NVC has nothing to do with scheduling. I have also contacted Congressman David Scott and Senator Kasim Reed in Georgia to see if they could intervene. To date, I have not received any assistance. What's a girl to do? Why do K-1 folks receive faster processing? This process has really put a strain on my marriage. Next week is my one year anniversary, yet my man is still in Jamaica. Other than divine intervention, I don't know what else to do. Milan is also awaiting an interview. Please keep her in your prayers.

((((((((((((((((((((((((Mrs. Scott))))))))))))))))))))))))) mi love yuh like calaloo and okra...ackee and saltfish... :unsure:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all,

My sweetie is scheduled to arrive at 9:52pm tonight so I still have a ways to go. I checked the flight status and everything seemed to be okay. They did leave 12 mins later than they should have but that shouldn't affect the flight too much. I'm on EDGE!! :wacko: My sister keeps me riled up about him coming and she is so excited to see him. She will go with me to pick him up at the airport tonight. I'm pondering about what I will get him to eat tonight because he should be starving. It will also be really really late though so I don't know.

I'm so excited for you....Your man will be here in a few hours.

Timeline
I'm starting to get used to being in pain...so I'm okay. The doc wrote me out of work until the 25th. Boy, I wish I could take off for Jamaica. *sigh*

Hope you feel better soon (F) .

Thank you sjb...thank you so much.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oK, SO..CAN i TELL u all that I walked in my room yesterday and my daughter had babay powder all over the place..I wanted to scream !! :angry::angry: I left it for her father to clean cause i know i woulda gi her some lick if mi did affi clean it up...

*kin teet*

Ummm...and how did she get to the powder K? What did Daddy K say? *snicker...giggle* that reminds me of the time my oldest son got to my new lingerie (nightie and matching robe)...the robe had feathers around the sleeves...very cute. Welll anyway...I come into my room and I see pink feathers or remnants of feathers floating around my room. My lingerie was not in the bag on the bed. So, I go to my closet to look for it....when I get there...my son (then 3) was sitting on the floor with his little safety scissors...I asked him did you cut up mommie's feathers....and he said no mommy. Meanwhile there were feathers all over him...all over his little head and face and hands. My robe was sitting mangled in a pile next to him...with the price tags still attached.

waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee BOAL....LMAO...sorry Kimmy! I can't help it! LOL LMAO at the image of white powder all over everything.

U no good..chile mi couldn't do nuttin. She did have a small bottle a powder in her book bag I guess from my moms house .. :angry: and she discover it sah..and there it went..daddy did nuttin but clean it up and a ask"how u so rude man" :angry: ..cho

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

*kin teet*

U no good..chile mi couldn't do nuttin. She did have a small bottle a powder in her book bag I guess from my moms house .. :angry: and she discover it sah..and there it went..daddy did nuttin but clean it up and a ask"how u so rude man" :angry: ..cho

laughing even harder now....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, I am getting so miserable :crying: My back is hurting so bad and my feet and ankles are so swollen half of my shoes won't fit! I can't get comfortable at all. Then I had my U.S. today and my cervix is changing which is not good. I'm supposed to take it easy, but that's easier said than done. And to top it off, Tony is leaving today to go to Ohio for work :( He'll be down there for about a month and come home on the weekends. 9 1/2 weeks to go :blink:

Hang in there Chica!! Trust me, I know EVERYONE and there Momma is probably telling you this...but TRY (notice I did say TRY) to enjoy these last few weeks...cause when bambina gets here...there will be very little time to even THINK about being in any kind of pain :blink:! Like I said Sis, TRY to take it easy. I now RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW SUCKS!!!! But when you see her little bundle of joy...it WILL be ALL worth this body drama ;) .

Hang in there...OK?

(L),

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all,

I know you are too excited. I would be bouncing off the walls...that's why I want to fly back with A so I don't have to do the wait in the airport...looking for him in the crowd.

Tell him that all your sisters from VJ...said "Welcome home MON! Everyting is irie!!! As you have noticed here in the USA we drive on the right side of the road. We will overtake several lanes on a 5-lane highway all at once...and we do not blow our horns unless we are also giving you a lewd hand gesture outside the window or in the rearview mirror. " :dance::whistle::innocent::wacko:

lol..Thanks Jawi. I am on pins and needles right now because I told him to call me when he made the first stop. Of course he doesn't have a cell phone but I am sure that he can beg a call. I just don't want immigration to rough him up too bad. I am really nervouse because he isn't a bad person and I don't want them to try and be too hard on him. It could also be that I just don't care too much for authoritative figures :angry:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, I am getting so miserable :crying: My back is hurting so bad and my feet and ankles are so swollen half of my shoes won't fit! I can't get comfortable at all. Then I had my U.S. today and my cervix is changing which is not good. I'm supposed to take it easy, but that's easier said than done. And to top it off, Tony is leaving today to go to Ohio for work :( He'll be down there for about a month and come home on the weekends. 9 1/2 weeks to go :blink:

Hush Rhonda, it will soon be over and then you will have that precious little one to dote over :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
They went on and on about their fine "boyfriends" and everything that happened on the trip. I asked how long that had been with their boyfriends...and all of them admitted that this was their first trip to Jamaica. When I asked them how they dealt with the attention from gigalos...they all looked at me like I had two heads and said what gigalos?

Oh boy :unsure: I can already see how this is going to end. It's sad but I see it happen all the time while I'm down there. Last time, a guy on the beach was trying to get ME to give him money - even after I pointed out my JA husband napping on a nearby lounge chair :wacko: He wanted me to sneak him $20 so he could get home. I told him to take a Juta bus or route taxi and no way would it cost him $20! :lol: That got rid of him!!

I have talked to a lot of men that have decided on this way of life in Ochi...of course most are gone now (some moved away to Kingston...got greencards...got ship work...or were actually murdered :( ). After the inital approach and me letting them know that it wasn't going down...we actually had some very enlightening conversations. I have watched some of them "work" and watched the women come and go...and be replaced by other women sometimes on the same trip. The men often have several women at one time that live in the US or Canada or the UK. I have tried talking to some of the ladies...but to no avail. It is amazing how defensive women can get when potential love is threatened. I don't try to tell the women that their relationship is not real...just try to have casual conversation about the possibility of meeting a hustler...and I get treated like I'm a man thief or something. The hustlers that I got to know over several trips, looked out for me, and let the "newbies" know that I wasn't buying. LOL

I have not had the best experiences in Jamaica either. I have almost been raped...three times. I have been called a lesbian...you name it. Some of the men can't believe that a woman (single or married) would return again and again and not be looking for the "hood". At one point, my bad experiences just trying to come to a place that I loved outweighed the good experiences and I made up my mind never to return. I am still deathly afraid of using a taxi driver that I don't know (even if a friend recommends them)...I won't do jet ski rides that require alone time with the guy...and will not visit the beach alone at dusk. Other than those precautions...I decided not to let a few bad mind people ruin something that truly brings me joy and peace in my life.

The guys I met years ago were much more civil and respectful...and actually respected me when I gave them a polite no...but was always open to conversation. The guys now are a lot more aggressive and angry and hostile....a fuse waiting to blow. So, I mind my business now and I don't talk to the women that are love interests at all now or the hustlers after the initial not interested. :(

I love my country and my country-men, but some of them can be so "ignorant". In their minds they are God's gift to women and how dare you rebuff their advances. Dem can call mi stuck up (though of course they will call you worse), but mi nah give dem de time of day, especially when them ready fi class yu because yu nuh talk to dem.

Jawi, I don't blame you for being as cautious as you are. A lot of people go on vacation and take down the guard that they regularly have, which will keep them away from danger (Natalie Holloway + a female journalist who went missing in Jamaica). As a tourist, you think the natives will take care of you, but too much bad mind people out deh. Yu haffi careful. I hope I never fall into that tourist trap and listen to my instincts.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
oooh its quiet on here today :star: !!!! hi everybody hope your all havin a great day

I know. I was wondering if I was talking to myself. I haven't seen it this quiet since I joined. :no::huh::hehe:

Sorry my friends and fam... actually had to work today... :angry: ! Couldn't even find time fi chat wid unnuh surrrps! <kiss teet>...but I did miss ya'll. My day just isn't complete without checking on my VJ Yard Fam!

(L),-Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

hahahahahah :lol: ...Gurrrrl, betta baby powder, than POOP!!! My son did that when he was around your daughters age...walked into his room and I smelled it before I turned the light on and saw it!! He smeared the stuff all over the walls, his crib, his toys...every blasted thing!!! I WAS SOOOOOO VEX yuh see, :angry::angry: i really couldda kill him...iff 'im diddna look so darn cute, even wid deh poo-poo all over him!!! Talk bout cleaning fi days!!! Shonnie (12/11/06) wouldda proudda mi! :lol: :

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
oooh its quiet on here today :star: !!!! hi everybody hope your all havin a great day

I know. I was wondering if I was talking to myself. I haven't seen it this quiet since I joined. :no::huh::hehe:

:)..that's cause I don't have no one to trace..kkikkiihehee..I'm just kidding..that's cause the embassy has been good...knock on wood, not much action going on..not complaing at all..Jawi how u feeling now ?

We need to send up some united prayers for Mrs. Scott because she has been waiting since May for an Interview on a K3. She is hitting brick walls with her congressman and senator. What time today is Shonnies sweets coming in?

Fi real...A dip in Milk River Bath would do you wonders.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.