Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks guys! It is such a great feeling :yes: Move date is May 4...anyone want to help me pack :whistle:

Good evening....i'll help you if you help me :help:

:o I didn't know you were moving...when? where to? I bet you have TONS more to pack since you have kids...I will have to think about this one :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks guys! It is such a great feeling :yes: Move date is May 4...anyone want to help me pack :whistle:

We are moving to our house May 1 so you help us and we will help you!

August 28 2003...Married Ocho Rios Jamaica!

October 22 2003...recieved long form birth certificate

November 10 2003...Filed I-130 at CSC

November 12 2003...I-130 NOA 1

December 14 2003...Filed I-129f

December 17 2003...I-129f NOA 1

February 23 2004...I-129f NOA 2

March 1 2004...NVC recieved case

March 4 2004...NVC sent case to KNG embassy

March 5 2004...received long form birth certificate

March 9 2004...Embassy receives file Yeah!!!

March 9 2004...Kingston Embassy send out packet 3

March 11 2004...received packet 3 in only 4 days!!!!

March 15 2004...applied for police certificate

March 15 2004...medical exam date

March 17 2004...recieved police certificate

March 23 2004...interview ...HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!

April 1 2004...Ricardo flies home

April 2004-July 2005...living life and not concentrating on visa. We decided to go the IR-1 route and our taking our time completiing it

Febraury 9 2005...gave birth to twin boys Jaden and Jalen!

July 25 2005.. applied for US passports

August 25 2005... received passports

August 29 2005...sent visa fee ($335) to NVC via priority mail

September 1 2005...visa fee delivered to NVC

September 7 2005...NVC sends out ds-230 and bio- packet

September 10 2005...recieved ds-230 from NVC

September 14 2005...NVC recieves completed ds-230

October 14 2005...case complete at NVC! yes!!!!!

October 20 2005...case sent to Kingston

December 22 2005...visa granted

Timeline

We plan on moving this summer...maybe we can help out each other....if we didn't live in 4 different states :unsure:

Timeline

You are moving too?!? Where are you moving too? Got any pics?

We plan on moving this summer...maybe we can help out each other....if we didn't live in 4 different states :unsure:

Where are you moving too?

You know I have been thinking about this for a while...go with me on this one...

We should create a VJ community...acreage we can all build our houses on near enough to each other that all the men can do their guy things and us girls can be friends in person...what do ya think :thumbs:;) Now if we can only agree on a location :whistle:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Timeline

Congrats on all the moves!

Nobody has replied to my last post yet :unsure:

Well, I sent an email to the Kingston Embassy and they told me I only need to submit the I-134, my W2's from 2006, my filed taxes for 2006, and an employer letter.

That seems too easy!

Input?

Edited by FutureMrs

Well, I sent an email to the Kingston Embassy and they told me I only need to submit the I-134, my W2's from 2006, my filed taxes for 2006, and an employer letter.

That seems too easy!

Input?

Wow..we only need 2006 one year? That would be wonderful!! I'm not worried about the income part of this file.

Edited by kkholiday2006

Timeline

That seems too easy!

Input?

That is all that is needed from you. The other forms, DS156, DS 157, DS230 all need to come from Marlon. Plus all the other information he has to provide, ie..police record, non-impediment, medical, passport pictures new letter of intent, from you also. If I were you I would have your 2005 and 2004 tax copies with you. Better to be safe than sorry.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

That seems too easy!

Input?

That is all that is needed from you. The other forms, DS156, DS 157, DS230 all need to come from Marlon. Plus all the other information he has to provide, ie..police record, non-impediment, medical, passport pictures new letter of intent, from you also. If I were you I would have your 2005 and 2004 tax copies with you. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

I am confused though about the sponsor thing. Does my sponsor need to submit the same that I do? And I remember from not too long ago on this forum about a K1 interviewee being required to submit an I-864????

Man I am confused! :wacko:

Timeline
My husband is from Bluefields.....is your SO from Sav ?

No he's actually from Negril, but the church his family found is in Sav. Its larger than their negril Church.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats to all those moving :yes: I know what it's like to pack and I hate it :(

No work for me tomorrow *yay* so hubby and I can finally have two days together and start the planning for the baby. I have a feeling it's gonna be a girl (or maybe that's just wishful thinking :lol:) and he says boy...I'll keep ya'll posted.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Questions: :help:

Interview???

1) Do I need 2006 tax forms? We had to file an extension due to getting Dwain and ITTN number. Should I email my tax guy and see if he can send me the records he filed for us? Or will I be okay with 03,04 and 05. All 3 years I have made well above the 125 percent poverty line.

2) Do we need to dress nice we are a T-shirt and jeans couple and don't really like dressing up and I hate to wear make up in JA cause it just melts off.

3) For all past interviewers how long did the interview take?

4) If our interview is at 12:15pm how early do we need to show up at the Embassy.

5) The most important question of all where is the best place to celebrate and get dinner after he is approved?

I am praying he will be here for my nieces Birthday party on May 26th. Hoping that this is a realistic goal.

Thanks for all the support and help along the way.

Jax :luv:(F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Questions: :help:

Interview???

1) Do I need 2006 tax forms? We had to file an extension due to getting Dwain and ITTN number. Should I email my tax guy and see if he can send me the records he filed for us? Or will I be okay with 03,04 and 05. All 3 years I have made well above the 125 percent poverty line.

2) Do we need to dress nice we are a T-shirt and jeans couple and don't really like dressing up and I hate to wear make up in JA cause it just melts off.

3) For all past interviewers how long did the interview take?

4) If our interview is at 12:15pm how early do we need to show up at the Embassy.

5) The most important question of all where is the best place to celebrate and get dinner after he is approved?

I am praying he will be here for my nieces Birthday party on May 26th. Hoping that this is a realistic goal.

Thanks for all the support and help along the way.

Jax :luv:(F)

1. I would definitely try to get some sort of tax info for 2006 - it's better to have at least your W2s for 2006 than nothing at all.

2. I didn't attend in Kingston with hubby, but he wore a button down shirt, tie, slacks, and "shine shoes" :lol:

3. His first interview was under an hour, the second one was even faster because he just had to show birth certificate to get approval (if you go to Embassy Reviews, I believe a lot of Yardies - myself included - have posted our interview experiences there)

4. Not sure what the standard is now - hubby was there about 1.5 hours early (from what I remember him telling me)

5. In the bedroom! :devil::lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.