Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi know sey, mi aaa nuff a yu a nuh fren pon ya. But mek mi tell you someting. When you people a guh a Jamaica nuh buss yu head fi charter no airline fi carry sinting fi nobody. Most Jamaicans down there dont have any conscience. Everybody want dis and dat like sey yu a bill gates. From dem hear America dem start tink bout money and expensive clothes and boot. Let dem know seh farrin a no bed a rose, and life hard up here. Down there all when yu a 100 year old yu mumma still lef dinner fi yu and sleep and live free.

Vex if yu want, but mi know sey nuff a yu mother-in-law wouldn't luv yu if yu did live a Jamaica, dem only want if know seh dem pickney a get a buss and dem a benefit, when dem si unnu dem start show teeth an want hug up an boast pon dem neighbor bout dem daughter in law from America. Mi have sister to and mi nuh want si nobody tek her fi a ride. Some a you pon here a get used, as soon as as di man get di unconditional greencard, dawg naym some a unnu suppa, ole time gal or baby madda from Jamaica tek over. Save unnu strength fi dem days and nuh badda fi trace mi. Remember mi nuh seh all a unnu. It can be 1 out a every 5.

All who a seh who trace mi off nuh have no sense, mi try fi show respect, but mi jus love to talk the truth, so who dont like it...who cares, cause dis bway nuff fraid a no man, no gal, nowhere, no time.

Blessings.

Ole time sumting come back again? :lol: Nuf ting yuh seh is true and Shawn I respect yuh honesty. However, sometings people jus' haffi find out fi dem self? Yuh 'ere mi? Look 'ere Shawn yuh same one probably know how difficult dis yah whole process is...so why yuh waan fi go putti pon someboddi head dat dem man a use dem.

Shawn, yuh nuh know which one a use and which one is true...suh as much as I appreciate deh heads up yuh waan fi give people. Pon toppa dat Shawn, yuh nuh tink we all tink bout dem tings already, Mon? Just try fi keep dem negative comments to yuh self, cause is not heveryone really waan fi 'ere it!

Seen? But still yuh a come in likkle betta today?

Blessed- (L) -Gill

And, here I go, Gill............I'm sorry.........but, I have to stick up for him on this one. I want to make it very clear that I do not agree with Shawn completely. But, his statements do ring true to an extent. And, he was pretty decent about it so far. Thus, I think he deserves to speak his mind.

Please keep it civil guys. Please Shawn.

No JG.,

I think you misinterpeted what I said. I totally agreed with Shawn about bringing things to JA. for everyone mother, sister,cousin, auntie...But I just tried to explain that the process is so difficult already that the greencard statement wasn't really necessary...because that is something that individuals will have to find out for themselves.

I also told Shawn that he came in a lot better than last week :yes: and where I, personally respect and appreciate his honesty...others here may not, so if he could jus' laowe the greencard argument he would be good tuh go!

It's ALL good :yes::D;)

(L) -Gill

Now, see....when you speak that JAnglish, I have issues. Thanks for the clarification.

Hheheee... :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow !..u really di come a better this time. And i do agree with u on the whole bringing stuff down for people. And the whole use thing to greencard happens to some and it's sad that u really have to watch out for it especially if u didn't know him/her from Jamaica..And while u are to be honest..u don't have to come off so harsh...

A lot of people nuh too wah hear di trut......Check yuh email, mi sen yuh a link!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi know sey, mi aaa nuff a yu a nuh fren pon ya. But mek mi tell you someting. When you people a guh a Jamaica nuh buss yu head fi charter no airline fi carry sinting fi nobody. Most Jamaicans down there dont have any conscience. Everybody want dis and dat like sey yu a bill gates. From dem hear America dem start tink bout money and expensive clothes and boot. Let dem know seh farrin a no bed a rose, and life hard up here. Down there all when yu a 100 year old yu mumma still lef dinner fi yu and sleep and live free.

Vex if yu want, but mi know sey nuff a yu mother-in-law wouldn't luv yu if yu did live a Jamaica, dem only want if know seh dem pickney a get a buss and dem a benefit, when dem si unnu dem start show teeth an want hug up an boast pon dem neighbor bout dem daughter in law from America. Mi have sister to and mi nuh want si nobody tek her fi a ride. Some a you pon here a get used, as soon as as di man get di unconditional greencard, dawg naym some a unnu suppa, ole time gal or baby madda from Jamaica tek over. Save unnu strength fi dem days and nuh badda fi trace mi. Remember mi nuh seh all a unnu. It can be 1 out a every 5.

All who a seh who trace mi off nuh have no sense, mi try fi show respect, but mi jus love to talk the truth, so who dont like it...who cares, cause dis bway nuff fraid a no man, no gal, nowhere, no time.

Blessings.

Wow !..u really di come a better this time. And i do agree with u on the whole bringing stuff down for people. And the whole use thing to greencard happens to some and it's sad that u really have to watch out for it especially if u didn't know him/her from Jamaica..And while u are to be honest..u don't have to come off so harsh...

Well, the reality is, the subject is harsh no matter how you look at it. I agree that warning is a good thing to at least read. If there are signs, heed them. I know some who have been taken and it is not a pretty thing. Shame on anyone who uses someone like that.

I do think, though, that sometimes Jamaicans take a beating on this subject. Of course we hear about the bad ones, caused the devestated spouse shouts warnings in anger from the rooftops. But, those who are happily married, just move on to their daily busy lives and leave the internet and web sites like this behind. There are many, many happily married couples involving Jamaicans and visa, as well. We just don't hear about it.

So, while I believe in heeding warnings and listen carefully to other's stories, I also believe in trusting my own instincts all the same.

Shawn, I am glad to see you on here today. You have started a conversation and have interesting things to say in an appropriate manner. Thank you for that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OFF TOPIC!!! ( I still caan find deh likkle smiley wid the sign :no: )

Has anyone heard the unedited version of Mavado's 'Squeeze Breast'? :o:o I only heard the 'radio' version, until this weekend!

Why did I grab his new CD this weekend and got the SHOCK OF MY LIFE! I had my boys in the car when I turned straight to 'Squeeze Breast'...OMG!! Mi nearly crash mi car I was trying fi turn it off...before the pickney cyatch on tuh what he was saying! Mi a press hevery damn button fi mek Mavado SHUT UP!!!! :lol::lol:

Bwoy, 'im nuh leave NUTTIN tuh the imagination ATALL!!!! :no: But, I do have to say it is a very good album...FOR ADULTS!!! I'll stick with the High School Musical 2-CD for the kiddies, in the future! :lol:

(L) -Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

A lot of people nuh too wah hear di trut......Check yuh email, mi sen yuh a link!

:angry: I want a link too!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Blessings.

Well, the reality is, the subject is harsh no matter how you look at it. I agree that warning is a good thing to at least read. If there are signs, heed them. I know some who have been taken and it is not a pretty thing. Shame on anyone who uses someone like that.

I do think, though, that sometimes Jamaicans take a beating on this subject. Of course we hear about the bad ones, caused the devestated spouse shouts warnings in anger from the rooftops. But, those who are happily married, just move on to their daily busy lives and leave the internet and web sites like this behind. There are many, many happily married couples involving Jamaicans and visa, as well. We just don't hear about it.

So, while I believe in heeding warnings and listen carefully to other's stories, I also believe in trusting my own instincts all the same.

Shawn, I am glad to see you on here today. You have started a conversation and have interesting things to say in an appropriate manner. Thank you for that.

Right..but to get a point across u don't have to stomp on everyone involved..that's all...It is a VERY TOUGH subject...and people should follow their gut feeling....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

LOL :lol: -I just PM'ed UK-asking for the same thing!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Ok...checked but dem idiot a mi job block certain sites so when I get home I'll out the little munchin :)

Gill

Hahahaa..ehheeee

Timeline

Has anyone heard the unedited version of Mavado's 'Squeeze Breast'? :o:o I only heard the 'radio' version, until this weekend!

Why did I grab his new CD this weekend and got the SHOCK OF MY LIFE! I had my boys in the car when I turned straight to 'Squeeze Breast'...OMG!! Mi nearly crash mi car I was trying fi turn it off...before the pickney cyatch on tuh what he was saying! Mi a press hevery damn button fi mek Mavado SHUT UP!!!! :lol::lol:

Bwoy, 'im nuh leave NUTTIN tuh the imagination ATALL!!!! :no: But, I do have to say it is a very good album...FOR ADULTS!!! I'll stick with the High School Musical 2-CD for the kiddies, in the future! :lol:

(L) -Gill

Mi drop offa mi chair..and roll pon di floor....girrrlll I know exactlywhat u saying..love him but the slackness a fi me and hubby ears..it so slack hubby don't even want me to listen..talking bout mi no know nuttin bout dem music yah...out a order :)

Timeline

Blessings.

Right..but to get a point across u don't have to stomp on everyone involved..that's all...It is a VERY TOUGH subject...and people should follow their gut feeling....

I know what you are saying. I think my problem with the whole subject is people tend to lump all Jamaicans into this using us to get a green card lump. And, we all know that isn't true. It's easy to get mad at one group of people....say Jamaican men.....or, hell, yesterday, Jamaican MIL's.....and say they are all users and up to no good and all that. What we really mean is "in our experience, I've seen (heard) (experienced) (fill in the blank)" this. It just isn't always so easy to get it across to others.

When I read Shawn's posts or anyone else's on any subject, I look at them as having seen it through their eyes. I feel their anger, shame, hurt feelings, whatever they are trying to express, and I try to think what would I do in that situation? Sometimes I even think do I see any of those warning signs? Have I ever?

I'm strong and opinionated and I think for myself. So what anyone says on here may not make a bit of difference to me. But, I do appreciated everyone's opinions and I do heed the warnings. I don't think it's a bad thing to express all experiences and opinions, good or bad, nor to contemplate what they would mean in your own lives.

The glasses are all rosey before the visa is approved, and you are running on these elation fumes for a long time. Reality is not always so pleasent. It does not hurt to be forewarned on what MAY happen.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

(L) -Gill

oh boy lol sorry should av told me u was buyin it first lol!! oh man :help:

Gill

i want it to :)

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

(L) -Gill

Mi drop offa mi chair..and roll pon di floor....girrrlll I know exactlywhat u saying..love him but the slackness a fi me and hubby ears..it so slack hubby don't even want me to listen..talking bout mi no know nuttin bout dem music yah...out a order :)

Dyam outta order yes! Ken, seh the same ting! "Ohhh, mi never tell yuh nuh fi listen it wid deh pickney dem!" There is definitely a time and place for Mr. Mavado and he slackness ;) and it is NOT when you're crusin' wid deh pickney dem!

The only place I will blast 'Squeeze Breast' inna mi car is on the highway going at least 60mph! Other than dat mi tuh shame :blush: fi play it, even without the kids wid deh volume down!! :lol::lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Blessings.

Right..but to get a point across u don't have to stomp on everyone involved..that's all...It is a VERY TOUGH subject...and people should follow their gut feeling....[/color]

I know what you are saying. I think my problem with the whole subject is people tend to lump all Jamaicans into this using us to get a green card lump. And, we all know that isn't true. It's easy to get mad at one group of people....say Jamaican men.....or, hell, yesterday, Jamaican MIL's.....

Agree I don't like lumping either...it's anyone from anywhere

and say they are all users and up to no good and all that. What we really mean is "in our experience, I've seen (heard) (experienced) (fill in the blank)" this. It just isn't always so easy to get it across to others.

When I read Shawn's posts or anyone else's on any subject, I look at them as having seen it through their eyes. I feel their anger, shame, hurt feelings, whatever they are trying to express, and I try to think what would I do in that situation? Sometimes I even think do I see any of those warning signs? Have I ever?

I'm strong and opinionated and I think for myself. So what anyone says on here may not make a bit of difference to me.

I'm the same way as well...I stand up for what I believe is true..not jump on the band wagon

But, I do appreciated everyone's opinions and I do heed the warnings. I don't think it's a bad thing to express all experiences and opinions, good or bad, nor to contemplate what they would mean in your own lives.

The glasses are all rosey before the visa is approved, and you are running on these elation fumes for a long time. Reality is not always so pleasent. It does not hurt to be forewarned on what MAY happen.

My glass was NEVER EVER rosey, before or after the visa was granted...I make sure when I make decisions I am in the best state of mind. And, as U, i do appreciate the sharinf of experiences even when it it not relevant to me...

Edited by kimmykashi

Timeline

Blessings.

Right..but to get a point across u don't have to stomp on everyone involved..that's all...It is a VERY TOUGH subject...and people should follow their gut feeling....[/color]

I know what you are saying. I think my problem with the whole subject is people tend to lump all Jamaicans into this using us to get a green card lump. And, we all know that isn't true. It's easy to get mad at one group of people....say Jamaican men.....or, hell, yesterday, Jamaican MIL's.....

Agree I don't like lumping either...it's anyone from anywhere

and say they are all users and up to no good and all that. What we really mean is "in our experience, I've seen (heard) (experienced) (fill in the blank)" this. It just isn't always so easy to get it across to others.

I'm strong and opinionated and I think for myself. So what anyone says on here may not make a bit of difference to me.

I'm the same way as well...I stand up for what I believe is true..not jump on the band wagon

But, I do appreciated everyone's opinions and I do heed the warnings. I don't think it's a bad thing to express all experiences and opinions, good or bad, nor to contemplate what they would mean in your own lives.

My glass was NEVER EVER rosey, before or after the visa was granted...I make sure when I make decisions I am in the best state of mind. And, as U, i do appreciate the sharinf of experiences even when it it not relevant to me...

Oh, come on, Kimmy....are you telling me everything has always gone as you expected it to go before, during, and after the process?

I know I was thrown for a loop a few times and I am anticipating a few more snags here and there. Things no one warned me about.

And, yah, that is what I'm saying. Even if it isn't relevant to me, the information someone shares may be important to someone else. Who am I to bash it then?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

(L) -Gill

oh boy lol sorry should av told me u was buyin it first lol!! oh man :help:

Yuh DYAM right!!!! Next time I'll check wid you first!! OMG...I was like Mavado...puh-lease SHUT UP :crying: !!!! I even turned on the damn hazard buttons (which is no where near the sound system! :lol: )- (L) Gill

Gill

i want it to :)

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.