Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Thanks all :)

loving him to bits after the nightmare of getting him here!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you mi chile...only if huh..so I will see around ..huh..Aaron will be here soon...I know it :)

I am looking forward to it, though he is getting on my last nerve right now :angry: .

AlienUKGirl - what a precious bambino....I need to let you know, I am going through serious baby-envy. I'm trying to tell the hubby I am not getting any younger. :blush: Enjoy your precious one...so sweet :yes:

Ditto very cute precious baby boy!! :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
oh boy i have a migraine comin! i swear i think i lost my birth cert! im at work so when i get home im tearing up the house to find it i swear i think i sent the orig to uscis but not sure!!! do they ask for our cert at the inteview or only the fiances birth cert originals!!! i swear i cannot see me drivin to MD tomorrow from jerzee let us all pray !! im gonna look for it when i get home

calm down u will find it.

Hey everyone, so when you go visit ur other half do u stay at his /her house or u stay at a hotel.

hotel when i want complete time alone for a few days i sometimes split it half and half stay with ur fiance save money too but the cold water i go crazy

thats what i mite do i know i will not like the cold water

where in JA are u going ? i like doin 2-3 in a hotel if i have the money at least 2 for the first two days and i miss his family so i stay there and talk to his two sisters the always so happy to see me and me them and the kids and the dog :) haha busta, massive, and soda the other one they had is named love house :)

Mobay i plan on staying between taken 5-7 i cant wait to see my baby

I have always stayed in a hotel...but this time (next month) I am splitting it up,... first 2 nights at hotel and the last 3 with him and his family. Not sure how that is going to work out though because the last trip we were out at his family's 2 whole days and evenings for sort of a bday party for me and the bugs ate my azzzzz up!!! so a little nervous staying for 3 whole days and NIGHTS.... Anyone have any remedy for sand flea or mosquito bites...or to prevent them??? I had 120 bites on 1 leg alone!!!!!!

Never leave home without your OFF and use the coils at night when you sleep. The last time I went down in September I took a mosquito net from IKEA that you hang over the bed. Cost me 7.99. It was the best thing. That is really good for sleepling and my fiance slept right in there with me. He laughed at first but then he got his azz right in there with me. But, use the OFF every 2hours and the coils when you are indoors.

My mosquito net was the best thing ever. I got a really good one for a four poster bed so it was like a mini hideaway from oall the little buggers. I would go in there in the day to just lounge and read, and didnt have to worry about nothing. I felt it with the family when I left cause they thought it was great.

As far as the OFF stuff. It works but remember it is a chemical you are putting on and in your skin. After too much you your skin peels and gets really dry. I am a mosquito magnet so I have tried so many different things. I like the OFF stuff but after awhile it didn't work anymore, and my skin was wacked. If your in JA for an extended period of time I would try the natural remedies first. Garlic is a good one too, but you really have to eat a lot of it.

Also eucalyptus oil seems to keep them away. I figured that out when I had gotten allergies in JA, and I was give eucalyptus oil to sniff to clear my sinuses, and the mosquito's wouldn't come near me when I had it in my hand. If you burn pure eucalyptus oil is a potpourri pot that will send the smell all over the house. Its much healthier to breathe than mosquito coils which are a chemical.

My first trip before I even met my husband I stayed at a little family run hotel with my college. I ran to my professor to tell her there was no hot water, sometimes barley any water, cockroaches, and an AC machine barley ran. She said welcome to Jamaica. She wanted us to have the true feeling of JA life in this hotel. So then on I knew things were different. When visiting my husband I rented a room for 20 bucks a night by his house. With no hot water again and one little window for a breeze. When we were married then I was allowed to stay at his house. Lets just say the only time I lived in the lap of luxury was our wedding at the villa and our honeymoon at El Greco. Thanks to my folks. We are discussing going down in July and I am trying to save for El Greco and hubby keeps saying are u rich. Your going to rent that 20 dollar room. Ugh!!! I love roughing it but I would like a pool since he will be gone visiting friends. Talking about mother in law. She will probably stay with me the whole week why he is visiting his friends. I have friends there to visit too so I don't mind. My mother in law is very nice and we are bringing her one small item in July that will be birthday and Christmas. We really haven't been asked to bring gifts down at all.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My first trip before I even met my husband I stayed at a little family run hotel with my college. I ran to my professor to tell her there was no hot water, sometimes barley any water, cockroaches, and an AC machine barley ran. She said welcome to Jamaica. She wanted us to have the true feeling of JA life in this hotel. So then on I knew things were different. When visiting my husband I rented a room for 20 bucks a night by his house. With no hot water again and one little window for a breeze. When we were married then I was allowed to stay at his house. Lets just say the only time I lived in the lap of luxury was our wedding at the villa and our honeymoon at El Greco. Thanks to my folks. We are discussing going down in July and I am trying to save for El Greco and hubby keeps saying are u rich. Your going to rent that 20 dollar room. Ugh!!! I love roughing it but I would like a pool since he will be gone visiting friends. Talking about mother in law. She will probably stay with me the whole week why he is visiting his friends. I have friends there to visit too so I don't mind. My mother in law is very nice and we are bringing her one small item in July that will be birthday and Christmas. We really haven't been asked to bring gifts down at all.

I encourage letting family in JA know that living in foreign not easy and it is not a bed of roses. I ensure that I don't paint this rosey picture of

gold-lined" streets and rivers of milk and honey. We have to work hard to pay these bills and to live fairly comfortably. Of course, I have no problem bringing something every now and again, but I don't have money like that and I make sure they know that. Jax, count your blessings -- some people have to send barrel with all the things that are requested from them.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot: How sad is it what happened in Washington? It is so scary...someone who is suppose to protect and serve taking the lives of so many young people :(

Then Ms. Marion Jones --- WTH!!!! :angry:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of JA peeps bringing over tools in their luggage. Fiance is trying to bring his tools over in the suitcases but doesn't want immigration to take them or hassle him about it. :help:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

So the hotel have no problem with him coming and staying with u?

No, of course not. Many times we got the local rate instead of the 'tourist rate' because of him.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Exactly! The taxi thing in JA is a real adventure by itself. 7 people in a car and the fast driving....its crazy. We rented a car several times but when we had to take a taxi.....WHAT! i would tell the driver "just let me sit comfortably in the front and I will give you a tip because mi nuh wan no extra someone sit pon toppa mi!"

We used to take taxi everywhere when I went to visit Tony. But the last time some drunk guy was half passed out and every time we took a turn or corner, he would fall on me :( He smelled bad and had drool dripping from his mouth and chin. I was practically in Tony's lap by the time we got there trying to get away from this guy! :lol: Now that Tony's here, when we visit JA we rent a car because we have sooooo many people to visit while we're there.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

We really haven't been asked to bring gifts down at all.

:lol: Just wait until you actually set a date to go down there. People will be coming out of the woodwork! We got calls all the way up til the last minute of people wanting this or that. Tony finally told them his suitcase was full and he couldn't bring anything else :wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was not asked to bring anything, but I am bringing a little something for all the kids. They won't ask but they expect something, no matter how small. ;);) Mike has some little cousins that I really adore and they love me to death. My niece is a single parent with 2 little girls. I brought them all some clothes I bought on sale in Ros, and Marshall's. I hope I haven;t started something that's gonna haunt me. :jest::jest::jest:

Wish me luck you guys. I start the first leg of my journey later on today. I fly to Fort Lauderdale and stay overnight with my family, them fly to JA tomorrow :dance::dance::dance:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Thanks all :)

loving him to bits after the nightmare of getting him here!

Oh my, what a beautiful bundle of joy. He is quite adorable. How old is he now? He seems to be a handful--literally. I'd like to snuggle up to him amd smell his fingers and toes. UUUMMMMM Blessings my girl. :thumbs::thumbs:

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of JA peeps bringing over tools in their luggage. Fiance is trying to bring his tools over in the suitcases but doesn't want immigration to take them or hassle him about it. :help:

Shonnie, one more day, one more day....UUUMMMMM :thumbs:

Timeline
JATam;

Your SO will be here soon. I will be in JA but congrats and good luck in advance. Enjoy :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks Claire. I am looking forward to it. Have a wonderful time in JA and I am pulling for you that your honey gets here soon :thumbs:

Thanks a bunch :thumbs:

Timeline
Ok !! mi no know wah mi just do..but that comment was for Tameika ..:)

Claire, safe travels and u won't have to go back and forth soon :) carry back some ackee fi mi u hear :)

Kimmy my dear, I sure do hope that this back and forth will end soon, but if things keep going they way the are I am positive that he will be here in about six months. :dance::dance:

You'll know that the DS-3032 was mailed 7/30 and he still has not gotten it? Isn't that riduculous? I am bringing him a copy from his dad and the DS-230 to fill out and we will mail things from here from now on.

Timeline

Plus-yuh done know yuh a deh true 'Duppy Conqueror'! If yuh deal wid your MIL deh same way yuh deal wid Shawn99...yuh good man...Ms. Gully MIL 2007 ain't got a chance ;)

Haahahaa..A just b/c a mi husband modda don't wanna cause confrontation between me and him..but mi a go fix her..nice and proper..inna the descent way ..hehhee :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.