Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I plan on going next month my friend tell me to stay at a hotel its much better but nope i am staying with my boo.

mixed feelings about both.....although i LOVED the a/c and warm water and little to no bugs and a pool...i really wanted to see how he lived and see without the extras how we can deal with things...like the bugs....water company cutting off his water...getting in a taxi....makes it a real adventure.... :lol:

Exactly! The taxi thing in JA is a real adventure by itself. 7 people in a car and the fast driving....its crazy. We rented a car several times but when we had to take a taxi.....WHAT! i would tell the driver "just let me sit comfortably in the front and I will give you a tip because mi nuh wan no extra someone sit pon toppa mi!"

I remember these days. When I stayed in JA I took the route Taxis EVERYWHERE. It was a priveledge to ride in somebodys personal car. An the route shuttle vans....OMG! They pak about 20+ people in what only holds 16. I realize Jamaicans have no problem with sharing their personal space. One time I'm in the back of a car and the drivah starts yelling about put di baby inn yuh lap, but it wasnt even MY baby!! What inthe world?! You be riding around with other peoples children in ya lap, and dont nobody care.

LMAO.......right! A little girl in front between me and the driver..one leg on the driver side and one on mine side..........But WAIT...she has on her school dress!!!

Yeah riding in these taxis is an adventure. They are supposed to be "route" taxis but let there be some sort of slow down on the road and patience fly out the window. Next thing you know you're driving in some back woods safari looking road not knowing where the heck the taxi is gonna tek ya.

OH!!! And the buspark hussle ain't no joke, these fools be trying to rush you in they van so they can feel it up. Lord I had to start carrying an umbrella with me so I caould beat a fool who puts they hands on me!

LOL I remember those days. I lived in the country, so the taxis are always over crowded, because there were not many of them. I have not done that in over 20 years and I want to experience it once more. I think it is really funny to see people pakced in a taxi like sardines. They are used to it and don't mind, because that's the way things are. :whistle::whistle:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can't wait to be back on here in the day time, you guys have all the fun :jest::jest: I'll be on here next week, if Aaron let's me!

Shonnie - I am so excited for you, 2 more days. I know what you are going through, as I have been trying to work on this room forever. I have finally purged my closet and the dresser so that he has space for his clothes. If only I could get rid of everything else :blink:

Kimmy - honestly, mi nuh know wah yu a go do wid di MIL. Honestly, I think Kashi needs to finally get fed up and talk to him mother. If him don't do it, you are going to need to. She needs to realize a new sheriff is in town. If him talk to her, at least he won't feel like he is caught in the middle. He needs to realize she is a big woman and she should be able to tek talking to and recognize seh him ah nuh pickney and him need fi tek care ah him family. Him caan jus drop everything so, because she call - ah wah she tek dis fah!

I thank God for the in-laws that I have. Though I know we (meaning me until Aaron get a job) will need to help support them monthly, he has let them know that we have our own life to live. In all the time that we have been together, they don't get involved in our relationship and they have always been welcoming to me no matter what. For the past 4 years, I have always gone home and stayed with them and have always felt welcome. I am sure that they won't change once he gets here and if they do, I know he will deal with it. Kashi needs to mek MIL know, u are #1.

JG - your MIL crazy! She needs some prayers.... :o

JALOVE - What a heart attack yu give mi?! Lawd mi girl, everything criss and curry...You will be fine; next Tuesday we will be hearing that unnu get through.

---I think I have addressed everything....whoo you girls have me working overtime reading through everything :lol::lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Oh yes, how could I forget. I remember when I was going to UTech, I lived in Spanish Town so that meant I had to take a taxi from Johns Road to Spanish Town, then get the bus from Spanish Town to take me to Half-Way-Tree then on to Papine. One day, my taxi ride was on the driver's seat with him. Fi see dis 6ft+ man and him at least 200+ pounds a share him seat wid me a go a Spanish Town. I never see another country like Jamaica. And of course you all know that pretty much most of the taxis are stick shift, so he is changing the gears while I'm sitting beside -- mi did ready fi ask him if him waan mi change the gear dem fi him.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Hey Shonnie;

I wonder if you feel like I do. I am seeing Mike on Wednesday also and have not had a good night's sleep since I can't remember!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Last night when I got homw I was so worn out after pulling three 12-hour shifts that I had to take a benadryl to help me sleep. :):):) I am a bunch of nerves because all I can think about is leaving him behind. I wish I was in your shoes, at least you both will be together forever. One day, one day Mike will be here, hopefully within the next 6 months. Wish me luck :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline
I can't wait to be back on here in the day time, you guys have all the fun :jest::jest: I'll be on here next week, if Aaron let's me!

Shonnie - I am so excited for you, 2 more days. I know what you are going through, as I have been trying to work on this room forever. I have finally purged my closet and the dresser so that he has space for his clothes. If only I could get rid of everything else :blink:

Kimmy - honestly, mi nuh know wah yu a go do wid di MIL. Honestly, I think Kashi needs to finally get fed up and talk to him mother. If him don't do it, you are going to need to. She needs to realize a new sheriff is in town. If him talk to her, at least he won't feel like he is caught in the middle. He needs to realize she is a big woman and she should be able to tek talking to and recognize seh him ah nuh pickney and him need fi tek care ah him family. Him caan jus drop everything so, because she call - ah wah she tek dis fah!

I thank God for the in-laws that I have. Though I know we (meaning me until Aaron get a job) will need to help support them monthly, he has let them know that we have our own life to live. In all the time that we have been together, they don't get involved in our relationship and they have always been welcoming to me no matter what. For the past 4 years, I have always gone home and stayed with them and have always felt welcome. I am sure that they won't change once he gets here and if they do, I know he will deal with it. Kashi needs to mek MIL know, u are #1.

JG - your MIL crazy! She needs some prayers.... :o

JALOVE - What a heart attack yu give mi?! Lawd mi girl, everything criss and curry...You will be fine; next Tuesday we will be hearing that unnu get through.

---I think I have addressed everything....whoo you girls have me working overtime reading through everything :lol::lol:

JATam;

Your SO will be here soon. I will be in JA but congrats and good luck in advance. Enjoy :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
JATam;

Your SO will be here soon. I will be in JA but congrats and good luck in advance. Enjoy :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks Claire. I am looking forward to it. Have a wonderful time in JA and I am pulling for you that your honey gets here soon :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Shonnie;

I wonder if you feel like I do. I am seeing Mike on Wednesday also and have not had a good night's sleep since I can't remember!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Last night when I got homw I was so worn out after pulling three 12-hour shifts that I had to take a benadryl to help me sleep. :):):) I am a bunch of nerves because all I can think about is leaving him behind. I wish I was in your shoes, at least you both will be together forever. One day, one day Mike will be here, hopefully within the next 6 months. Wish me luck :dance::dance::dance:

Thank you mi chile...only if huh..so I will see around ..huh..Aaron will be here soon...I know it :)

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Ok !! mi no know wah mi just do..but that comment was for Tameika ..:)

Claire, safe travels and u won't have to go back and forth soon :) carry back some ackee fi mi u hear :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Shonnie;

Yes, I am a bunch of nerves and more so because I just want him to like it here and find work. He is the type of person who cannot sit home everyday and do nothing and especially have me pay for everything. I have been looking for jobs so that he can line something up when he comes. Plugging his work experience everywhere and sending off his resume. We would be so grateful for him to be able to work and make some money. I have been sleeping though because I don't let anything come in the way of me sleeping :no: It may sound silly but to me the best moments to me are at the airport. When you find him or he finds you first at the airport and the feeling that you get immediately is the greatest. You will soon be in my shoes. But, one thing I'm learning is that the ball never seem to stop rolling. We go through all of the stress and paperwork of getting them here and then we have more to deal with when they actually do get here. Its like you have to prepare yourself for a long ride. Mike will be here sooner than you think....trustme pon dat. I'm wishing the best for you guys and have a safe trip...............and most of all, have fun!!!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Congrats!

Hi everyone! It has been such a long time since I have been up here. Between relocating, starting a new job, and wedding planning, I have just about lost my mind!! :blink::wacko: Anyway, for those of you who may or may not know, the time for Gregory and I to get married has finally arrived!! :dance::dance::dance: It has truly been a difficult, enlightening, spiritual, journey for us up until this point--but we can finally say that we made it. I think we endured one of the worst "storms" that I hear so much about in life than anyone could ever imagine, and we still have a long way to go, but through it all we just continue to focus on the commitment we have chosen to make to one another. I leave on Wednesday to head down to Ochi, and we'll be getting married on Monday!! He will have some family and a couple of his close friends there, and I will have my family and about 15 of my good friends down there--so we should have a ball. I was initially going to try and catch up on some of the reading up here, but when I realized that it's been well over 2 months--I GAVE UP! (lol) Good luck to everyone, and for those who have had disappointing endings, remember to look to God for strength and knowledge, and all the rest will be taken care of...and with that being said..I gotta go pack!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She was nice. I had to wear a skirt to meet her. We went twice that same trip ive only seen her twice i said chris if we come back again i dont have one to many more skirts lol

Whoa...!!...i'm crackin up...u wanna stay on her good side u betta continue wearing the same skirt when u go..hheheee

KimmyK, I agree with Jomo...gotta lay all your cards on the table. Don't be rude, but let her know dis suesue suesue business is not going to work. Also explain to your husband how YOU feel when she carries on like that!

My first husband's mom was a total WITCH!!! She couldn't stand Jamaicans and at every opportunity told him that JA Women were the worst...(as she was chowing down some of MY Ackee and saltfish)! I put up wid her foolishness for a while...cause I can't stand arguements and I lost my Mom very young, so I showed respect...up until the point where she started telling my ex-that I gave him a jacket with my last child (cause he has my father's hair and looks Koolie) and I LOST IT!!! Bwoy, if she disliked Yard women before I made dyam sure she HATED us after! I blasted her and her dumb son and let dem know ANYTIME, ANYWHERE ANYPLACE dem ready...let's go for a DNA test...cause unlike her dyam miserable son...this Jamaican woman understood the meaning of a vow of fidelity before GOD!!!

Not a line, nor a letter or a 50 cent STAMP outta deh woman since then! At the end, she asked me to reconsider the divorce , she actually told me that her son will never have anyone as good as me again! (She was right of course :lol:) But yeah, Kimmy I'm not saying start WW3, but let her know yuh on tuh she!

Unfortunately, Kens Mom passed away 10 years ago, but she sounded like a nice lady and she raised one hell of a BWOY!!! ;)

(L),

Gill

..hehheeI know..sometimes I think that he just see it as i can't stand her..but it's not that it's her ways..he act like she a bull, buck and duppy conqueror fi everybody..and b/c mi no act like I came from the ghetto she think that mi "sof" and no up to the time..but why should I carry on like a idiot, just mi can gain ur respect? please..she know what kind of woman her son has and it afraid mi a go "mek " him not deal with her...Like come on lady..if u did fulfill ur obligations to ur children..umpteen years ago, then maybe u wouldn't be so bitter i cause allowe him to set foot here and mmek her able to see when on wkends. Sh act like she want him keep secrets from mi and a tell him to PROMISE not to tell anyone ..NOT EVEN kimmy..wid her f**kin outta order self... :diablo:

No, Kimmy nuh bodda fi sink tuh she level...nuf people feel seh yuh haffi deh yah pon deh gullyside fi be a contender! Just lay low and mek her carry on wid her f-ery! Kashi soon catch on! Cause truss mi if it come to yuh and she...yuh done know yuh a guh win. I almost feel sorry for mother's like her. Trying to hang-on to growb ### men! It's not good enough to be a part of their life, they still want to BE their life!

Fi now, jus' see wid her...nuh bodda fi put she pon your mind yuh have nuf fi deal wid right yehsuh!

(L),-Gill

Plus-yuh done know yuh a deh true 'Duppy Conqueror'! If yuh deal wid your MIL deh same way yuh deal wid Shawn99...yuh good man...Ms. Gully MIL 2007 ain't got a chance ;)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Thank you mi chile...only if huh..so I will see around ..huh..Aaron will be here soon...I know it :)

I am looking forward to it, though he is getting on my last nerve right now :angry: .

AlienUKGirl - what a precious bambino....I need to let you know, I am going through serious baby-envy. I'm trying to tell the hubby I am not getting any younger. :blush: Enjoy your precious one...so sweet :yes:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats!

Hi everyone! It has been such a long time since I have been up here. Between relocating, starting a new job, and wedding planning, I have just about lost my mind!! :blink::wacko: Anyway, for those of you who may or may not know, the time for Gregory and I to get married has finally arrived!! :dance::dance::dance: It has truly been a difficult, enlightening, spiritual, journey for us up until this point--but we can finally say that we made it. I think we endured one of the worst "storms" that I hear so much about in life than anyone could ever imagine, and we still have a long way to go, but through it all we just continue to focus on the commitment we have chosen to make to one another. I leave on Wednesday to head down to Ochi, and we'll be getting married on Monday!! He will have some family and a couple of his close friends there, and I will have my family and about 15 of my good friends down there--so we should have a ball. I was initially going to try and catch up on some of the reading up here, but when I realized that it's been well over 2 months--I GAVE UP! (lol) Good luck to everyone, and for those who have had disappointing endings, remember to look to God for strength and knowledge, and all the rest will be taken care of...and with that being said..I gotta go pack!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

AlienUKGirl what a beautiful baby u have so big :wub::wub:

AMEN!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! God Bless the little angel :innocent:

Blessings,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Best wishes Tamisha on your upcoming wedding!!

Sarah best wishes on your upcoming wedding too!!

Ditto :luv:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.