Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everyone, so when you go visit ur other half do u stay at his /her house or u stay at a hotel.

I've been staying at my fiance's for the last 2 years...I've only stayed at a hotel twice in the last 2 years, and that was only 2 get away from his family and friends for a day or two...I must admit, the first few times I stayed with him (having stayed at resorts before then), I was in TOTAL SHOCK! :help::help: I mean, the whole "no hot water" and outhouse thing really threw me off...but as time went by I just got used to it, and now it doesn't even bother me anymore...besides, it gets costly to stay in a hotel, especially if you go frequently like I do. We are staying at the RIU for our wedding this week though, so I'm on Cloud 9--LUXURY!! And although he won't admit it, I know he'll enjoy the pampering and relaxation. You know, it's amazing some of the things you'll do for love! I wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world!

Peace and love

Tamisha

Ha Ha I know exactly what you mean here.

I used to stay in a hotel, but now that we are married I stay with him, all over the place, at family's house. There was no hot water, heck there was no water period, no electricity, mosquitos all over the place, just not good. So one weekend we just went to Ochie and stayed at Sunset Jamaica Grande. I swear we felt like we were in heaven!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh boy i have a migraine comin! i swear i think i lost my birth cert! im at work so when i get home im tearing up the house to find it i swear i think i sent the orig to uscis but not sure!!! do they ask for our cert at the inteview or only the fiances birth cert originals!!! i swear i cannot see me drivin to MD tomorrow from jerzee let us all pray !! im gonna look for it when i get home

Baby Girl,

Please please please TRY to relax...I'm so worried about you! Just pray K. Don't stop praying because he won't stop giving you blessings. Remember that...when you feel all is lost...just stop and pray! Even if it's a quickie :yes: ...through him all is possible. As always I am praying for you...as I'm sure we all are. You will be OK! Do you hear me..."YOU WILL BE OK!!" You are a child of the Lord and him neva bring yuh dis far fi fail you now!! Believe that K!! Please go with God and you can call me anytime of the day or night...but yuh DONE know that already :yes::yes: !!

Love you and praying for blessing and serenity to come your way!!

(L) ,

Gill

ok ur gonna make me :crying: ur so supportive and so sweet awwww ok i found it i stopped worryin abt it eventually and i found that one and my old one with a big hole in it :) i was on the darn printer! i tell u im losin mi mind

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
oh boy i have a migraine comin! i swear i think i lost my birth cert! im at work so when i get home im tearing up the house to find it i swear i think i sent the orig to uscis but not sure!!! do they ask for our cert at the inteview or only the fiances birth cert originals!!! i swear i cannot see me drivin to MD tomorrow from jerzee let us all pray !! im gonna look for it when i get home

calm down u will find it.

Hey everyone, so when you go visit ur other half do u stay at his /her house or u stay at a hotel.

hotel when i want complete time alone for a few days i sometimes split it half and half stay with ur fiance save money too but the cold water i go crazy

thats what i mite do i know i will not like the cold water

where in JA are u going ? i like doin 2-3 in a hotel if i have the money at least 2 for the first two days and i miss his family so i stay there and talk to his two sisters the always so happy to see me and me them and the kids and the dog :) haha busta, massive, and soda the other one they had is named love house :)

Mobay i plan on staying between taken 5-7 i cant wait to see my baby

I have always stayed in a hotel...but this time (next month) I am splitting it up,... first 2 nights at hotel and the last 3 with him and his family. Not sure how that is going to work out though because the last trip we were out at his family's 2 whole days and evenings for sort of a bday party for me and the bugs ate my azzzzz up!!! so a little nervous staying for 3 whole days and NIGHTS.... Anyone have any remedy for sand flea or mosquito bites...or to prevent them??? I had 120 bites on 1 leg alone!!!!!!

Taking a straight pill of B1 is said to relaease a smell from your pores to keep mosquitos away. You should take at least 50mg starting 2 weeks before your trip. B1 is a good vitamin supplement to take anyway. Just make sure its not in a multi-vitamin. Take it as its own pill.

Timeline

Baby Girl,

Please please please TRY to relax...I'm so worried about you! Just pray K. Don't stop praying because he won't stop giving you blessings. Remember that...when you feel all is lost...just stop and pray! Even if it's a quickie :yes: ...through him all is possible. As always I am praying for you...as I'm sure we all are. You will be OK! Do you hear me..."YOU WILL BE OK!!" You are a child of the Lord and him neva bring yuh dis far fi fail you now!! Believe that K!! Please go with God and you can call me anytime of the day or night...but yuh DONE know that already :yes::yes: !!

(L) ,

Gill

ok ur gonna make me :crying: ur so supportive and so sweet awwww ok i found it i stopped worryin abt it eventually and i found that one and my old one with a big hole in it :) i was on the darn printer! i tell u im losin mi mind

ahAHAHA..I'm glad you found it...and u about to give everybody a heart attach :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

hotel when i want complete time alone for a few days i sometimes split it half and half stay with ur fiance save money too but the cold water i go crazy

where in JA are u going ? i like doin 2-3 in a hotel if i have the money at least 2 for the first two days and i miss his family so i stay there and talk to his two sisters the always so happy to see me and me them and the kids and the dog :) haha busta, massive, and soda the other one they had is named love house :)

I have always stayed in a hotel...but this time (next month) I am splitting it up,... first 2 nights at hotel and the last 3 with him and his family. Not sure how that is going to work out though because the last trip we were out at his family's 2 whole days and evenings for sort of a bday party for me and the bugs ate my azzzzz up!!! so a little nervous staying for 3 whole days and NIGHTS.... Anyone have any remedy for sand flea or mosquito bites...or to prevent them??? I had 120 bites on 1 leg alone!!!!!!

Never leave home without your OFF and use the coils at night when you sleep. The last time I went down in September I took a mosquito net from IKEA that you hang over the bed. Cost me 7.99. It was the best thing. That is really good for sleepling and my fiance slept right in there with me. He laughed at first but then he got his azz right in there with me. But, use the OFF every 2hours and the coils when you are indoors.

My mosquito net was the best thing ever. I got a really good one for a four poster bed so it was like a mini hideaway from oall the little buggers. I would go in there in the day to just lounge and read, and didnt have to worry about nothing. I felt it with the family when I left cause they thought it was great.

As far as the OFF stuff. It works but remember it is a chemical you are putting on and in your skin. After too much you your skin peels and gets really dry. I am a mosquito magnet so I have tried so many different things. I like the OFF stuff but after awhile it didnt work anymore, and my skin was wacked. If your in JA for an extended period of time I would try the natural remedies first. Garlic is a good one too, but you really have to eat alot of it.

Also euclyptus oil seems to keep them away. I figured that out when I had gotten allergies in JA, and I was give euclyptus oil to sniff to clear my sinuses, and the mosquitos wouldnt come near me when I had it in my hand. If you burn pure euclyptus oil is a potpouri pot that will send the smell all over the house. Its much healthier to breathe than mosquito coils which are a chemical.

Edited by Marlita

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Baby Girl,

(L) ,

Gill

See how he works!! When you stop worrying, he starts working! Don't cry! I keep telling you, you are going to need to do the same for me, when and IF :angry: my time comes!! Cause I think I will be WORSE than you... :lol::lol: !!

Love ya (L), Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Never leave home without your OFF and use the coils at night when you sleep. The last time I went down in September I took a mosquito net from IKEA that you hang over the bed. Cost me 7.99. It was the best thing. That is really good for sleepling and my fiance slept right in there with me. He laughed at first but then he got his azz right in there with me. But, use the OFF every 2hours and the coils when you are indoors.

My mosquito net was the best thing ever. I got a really good one for a four poster bed so it was like a mini hideaway from oall the little buggers. I would go in there in the day to just lounge and read, and didnt have to worry about nothing. I felt it with the family when I left cause they thought it was great.

As far as the OFF stuff. It works but remember it is a chemical you are putting on and in your skin. After too much you your skin peels and gets really dry. I am a mosquito magnet so I have tried so many different things. I like the OFF stuff but after awhile it didnt work anymore, and my skin was wacked. If your in JA for an extended period of time I would try the natural remedies first. Garlic is a good one too, but you really have to eat alot of it.

Also euclyptus oil seems to keep them away. I figured that out when I had gotten allergies in JA, and I was give euclyptus oil to sniff to clear my sinuses, and the mosquitos wouldnt come near me when I had it in my hand. If you burn pure euclyptus oil is a potpouri pot that will send the smell all over the house. Its much healthier to breathe than mosquito coils which are a chemical.

Cool...good looking out Marlita...I have to try that next time! I was like if I rub vicks all over my body I doubt mosquitos or ANYONE else would come near me :lol::lol: ...but burning the oil is a good alternative! :yes:

Thanks again.

(L), Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Baby Girl,

(L) ,

Gill

ahAHAHA..I'm glad you found it...and[/b] u about to give everybody a heart attach :)[/b]

Yuh done see it Kimmy. I'm sitting here trying to figure out when in my schedule, today I can drive down to Jersey and help her! :lol: I was like she can't keep going like this, she's gonna burnout or explode! :lol: Talk about heart attack fi real!! :lol:

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

hAHHAA... :lol: ok ! did u'll see how I spelled (ATTACH)..what :jest: and they say I can spell ...hhehehe...

Baby Girl,

(L) ,

Gill

ahAHAHA..I'm glad you found it...and[/b] u about to give everybody a heart attach :)[/b]

Yuh done see it Kimmy. I'm sitting here trying to figure out when in my schedule, today I can drive down to Jersey and help her! :lol: I was like she can't keep going like this, she's gonna burnout or explode! :lol: Talk about heart attack fi real!! :lol:

(L),

Gill

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Yeah Girl, no worries...I got what you meant :lol::lol: - (L) Gill

hAHHAA... :lol: ok ! did u'll see how I spelled (ATTACH)..what :jest: and they say I can spell ...hhehehe...

Baby Girl,

(L) ,

Gill

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I always stayed at a hotel and he would come and stay with me there. I'm spoiled and wanted my A/C and hot water!

So the hotel have no problem with him coming and staying with u?

Ms. Nelly - I used to put the hotel room in both of our names....if not, they would charge him a visitor's fee.

i never had a problem i always put it down for me....then when i got to the hotel explained that he would be staying with me...and they then added him to the room...never had a problem or got charged extra....

Timeline
I plan on going next month my friend tell me to stay at a hotel its much better but nope i am staying with my boo.

mixed feelings about both.....although i LOVED the a/c and warm water and little to no bugs and a pool...i really wanted to see how he lived and see without the extras how we can deal with things...like the bugs....water company cutting off his water...getting in a taxi....makes it a real adventure.... :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I plan on going next month my friend tell me to stay at a hotel its much better but nope i am staying with my boo.

mixed feelings about both.....although i LOVED the a/c and warm water and little to no bugs and a pool...i really wanted to see how he lived and see without the extras how we can deal with things...like the bugs....water company cutting off his water...getting in a taxi....makes it a real adventure.... :lol:

Exactly! The taxi thing in JA is a real adventure by itself. 7 people in a car and the fast driving....its crazy. We rented a car several times but when we had to take a taxi.....WHAT! i would tell the driver "just let me sit comfortably in the front and I will give you a tip because mi nuh wan no extra someone sit pon toppa mi!"

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

Shonnie 2 more days huh..arrival...how ur stomach feeling..like finally !

Exactly! The taxi thing in JA is a real adventure by itself. 7 people in a car and the fast driving....its crazy. We rented a car several times but when we had to take a taxi.....WHAT! i would tell the driver "just let me sit comfortably in the front and I will give you a tip because mi nuh wan no extra someone sit pon toppa mi!"

Timeline

I never questioned staying with him. It was just what I did. Outdoor bathroom and open shower (hose attached to the wall), no a/c, open windows, dogs barking at all hours, 9 kids & MIL up at the crack of dawn with everyone seeming to cuss at each other, the plane noise making things unbearable at all times of day and night, a long walk to even hail a taxi, army guys speeding down the road.....it was what it was. I even added my city kids to the mix. They took to it all pretty readily. Had just a few issues with sleeping in a bed with 5 other people. Now, though, without any water, I am beyond all of it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.