Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
BUT this year I'll be in NY so I might have to look into it.

I'll be in NY too Anna. I'm going with my cousin to see The Color Purple in the afternoon-then on to shopping :thumbs: .

My cousin and I used to go to NYC all the time when we were teens- so it will be nice to reminisce about those times- we don't get to see too much of each other that often now.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks a bunch you ladies. I feel sort of relieved.

One of my bags is a little over weight, but how would they know that? :unsure: All I have in there are clothes and shoes for Mike and myself. I am planning to tell them that my husband was sent on an emergency job assignment that has been extended. I needed to bring him the rest of his stuff that he did not get to bring down when he came down initially so he will be appropriately clothed during his stay. Last time when my luggage was delayed on US Air and sent to Kingston on AirJa, the customs officer asked me what was in the bags and I told her clothes for my husband and she looked through it anyway. I had Mike's b'day present all gift wrapped and she wanted to know what it was. I told her it was cologne and asked if she wanted me to open it (which i did not anyway) and she said it was alright..

I hope that things go alright if my bag is not flagged as overweight. I'll just take off the overweight tag. :yes::yes:

girl you will be ok...i always had such anxiety when flying into JA....1st going through immigration and them seeing how many times i had been there and maybe telling me sorry you have been here too many times or taking me in for questioning..i know silly but i really thought i could happen....and then 2ndly going through customs....i usually looked for a guy and if not looked for someone who looked to be having a good day...and when i they asked i always said it is my stuff and ONE time someone checked but they didn't check close enough cause i had sandles for mike and sirts ect but i had mixed it with all my stuff that it looked like mine.....you will be fine just blend it all together....

Timeline

Good Morning and a Happy Sunday to all.

Thanks for all your good wishes and advise. I am super nervous because it is the second time I am seeing Mike and that just boils over into a very over-active imagination about all the things that could go wrong. I can hardly sleep at nights and am very tired during the day at work. Lord have mercy on me. LOL. I have butterflies in my stomach everytime I think about walking out of that airport and seeing Mike.

I have stuff in my cases for Mike and my cousin and her children. What do they do if you have stuff that's not yours?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all your good wishes and advise. I am super nervous because it is the second time I am seeing Mike and that just boils over into a very over-active imagination about all the things that could go wrong. I can hardly sleep at nights and am very tired during the day at work. Lord have mercy on me. LOL. I have butterflies in my stomach everytime I think about walking out of that airport and seeing Mike.

I have stuff in my cases for Mike and my cousin and her children. What do they do if you have stuff that's not yours?

I have been almost every month never been checked i know when i go very late or a time where there are tons of tourists they are in a rush to get u thru. I look for men to check me thru!!! i have never been checked however there is this one girl!! in immigrations she give me a hard time askin too many questions like she fbi ms barnes i will never forget her lol first time she ask why i didnt stay in belmont this time and is it that i dont like it lol then this time she said miss u dont look happy are u sure u want to be here then questioned where i was staying as she did not know where it was then asked for the fiance phone number but all in all everyone else has been nice and i have never been checked this time i do have some kids shoes they are so small i plan on putting them in my purse i also wrap things inside of other clothes double them up and roll them in the suitcase i mix in my fiance clothes with mine randomly this is through mobay airport i have never been to the kingston airport but i think you will be fine :)

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh no..don't think ur Shawn ..

haHAHAAA...se mi did tell u seh him suppose to come and dem tun him dung.. :lol::lol: ...I'm what u wish u were....A WOMAN !...u figet seh bugary illegal a JA !!..no worry dem soon find u...

OMG Shawn- you're back :jest: . You always did provide us with some laughs back in the day.

Did you ever make it to the States?

Shawn mi tink u affi u cook..what happened !

I'm just going back to read a little more thouroughly- so I hope I am reading this incorrectly(your answer to my quote) because I definitely am not Shawn :blink:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I dont know if the whole search the luggage thing is a huge problem in Jamaica, but you ARE allowed to bring items down for people ya know. You just cant bring alot of the same item. That makes it seem as if you are trying to sell it in JA to make a profit. Its the same reason why when flying back to the states you can only bring back so much alcohol and such.

You should be fine, I bring a butt load of stuff everytime. I have one whole suitcase filled with stuff that is either food or items for my husband. That suitcase definitely looks like its not my stuff. I just say the food is for me and the stuff is gifts. They are fine with it. I dont have a crazy amount of stuff so its always been fine with me.

And when I went down there and got married, me and my two sisters had an extra bag of JUST wedding supplies. I had flowers, vases, table cloths, napkins, plates, utensils, ballons just to name a few. All new and in packages and they gave no problem.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

With all this talk of emailing texts to JA phone numbers, does anyone know if this service works for C&W or Bmobile phones? I saw the digicel email that you guys put out, but is there one for bmobile or C&W?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Timeline

Maybe this might help:

Customs

What You Can Bring Into Jamaica -- Many small island nations in the Caribbean let you go through Customs without a thorough check: Jamaica is an exception. The Jamaican government is concerned about drug running and smuggling more than most other island nations. Therefore, your luggage may get a more thorough check in Jamaica than it would elsewhere.

You can bring in 2 liters of alcohol, plus two cartons of cigarettes. You're allowed to bring in some duty-free goods, but there's potential confusion here. You're not supposed to bring in an "inordinate" amount of such goods; local Customs officials have great leeway to interpret what's meant by "inordinate." So limit your import of duty-free goods to avoid paying a big import tax.

Timeline
With all this talk of emailing texts to JA phone numbers, does anyone know if this service works for C&W or Bmobile phones? I saw the digicel email that you guys put out, but is there one for bmobile or C&W?

Sorry i tried to find the info for u for the adr for mms and sms :( no such luck but ill still keep lookin best way is have someone send u a text to ur email and u will see the addy and same with the pix

REBEL SALUTE LIVE CD :dance:http://audiomaxxx.com/v2/product_info.php?products_id=23116 ENJOY :)

[Fanton Mojah | Taurus Riley | Richie Spice | Gregory Isaacs | Chuck Fender & more]

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
Hi everyone! It has been such a long time since I have been up here. Between relocating, starting a new job, and wedding planning, I have just about lost my mind!! :blink::wacko: Anyway, for those of you who may or may not know, the time for Gregory and I to get married has finally arrived!! :dance::dance::dance: It has truly been a difficult, enlightening, spiritual, journey for us up until this point--but we can finally say that we made it. I think we endured one of the worst "storms" that I hear so much about in life than anyone could ever imagine, and we still have a long way to go, but through it all we just continue to focus on the commitment we have chosen to make to one another. I leave on Wednesday to head down to Ochi, and we'll be getting married on Monday!! He will have some family and a couple of his close friends there, and I will have my family and about 15 of my good friends down there--so we should have a ball. I was initially going to try and catch up on some of the reading up here, but when I realized that it's been well over 2 months--I GAVE UP! (lol) Good luck to everyone, and for those who have had disappointing endings, remember to look to God for strength and knowledge, and all the rest will be taken care of...and with that being said..I gotta go pack!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

embassy is closed tomorrow columbus day just in case anyone forgot :) congrats bellys girl!!! enjoy your day :):thumbs:

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
Hi everyone! It has been such a long time since I have been up here. Between relocating, starting a new job, and wedding planning, I have just about lost my mind!! :blink::wacko: Anyway, for those of you who may or may not know, the time for Gregory and I to get married has finally arrived!! :dance::dance::dance: It has truly been a difficult, enlightening, spiritual, journey for us up until this point--but we can finally say that we made it. I think we endured one of the worst "storms" that I hear so much about in life than anyone could ever imagine, and we still have a long way to go, but through it all we just continue to focus on the commitment we have chosen to make to one another. I leave on Wednesday to head down to Ochi, and we'll be getting married on Monday!! He will have some family and a couple of his close friends there, and I will have my family and about 15 of my good friends down there--so we should have a ball. I was initially going to try and catch up on some of the reading up here, but when I realized that it's been well over 2 months--I GAVE UP! (lol) Good luck to everyone, and for those who have had disappointing endings, remember to look to God for strength and knowledge, and all the rest will be taken care of...and with that being said..I gotta go pack!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Hey Belly's Girl;

Congrats ans good luck to you on your upcoming wedding. I am leaving on wednesday also to see Mike, but not to get married. LOL Anyway, best wishes

Love

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations :dance::dance: Have a safe trip to Jamaica and how beautiful, getting married in Ochi. Best of luck to you both and I pray you have a beautiful day :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Safe travels and I am wishing you both a blessed wedding day. Congratulations :dance::dance:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been almost every month never been checked i know when i go very late or a time where there are tons of tourists they are in a rush to get u thru. I look for men to check me thru!!! i have never been checked however there is this one girl!! in immigrations she give me a hard time askin too many questions like she fbi ms barnes i will never forget her lol first time she ask why i didnt stay in belmont this time and is it that i dont like it lol then this time she said miss u dont look happy are u sure u want to be here then questioned where i was staying as she did not know where it was then asked for the fiance phone number but all in all everyone else has been nice and i have never been checked this time i do have some kids shoes they are so small i plan on putting them in my purse i also wrap things inside of other clothes double them up and roll them in the suitcase i mix in my fiance clothes with mine randomly this is through mobay airport i have never been to the kingston airport but i think you will be fine :)

I have to agree. I have been there 5 times in one year and have never been searched. They do tend to ask questions but I just smile and say no. I never had any problems with them searching my items and I always had two big suitcases. You should be fine.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.