Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not really. I work 2 jobs so there isn't much room for plans. Working on Christmas presents tonight again. Andre works overnight tonight and tomorrow night. I work tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning. Might go see that new The Rock movie on Sunday afternoon. Looks pretty funny. And, before I know it, I'll be back in this chair talking to all of you.

I know you're probably long gone Jomo, but I took my boys to see it last week...IT WAS REALLY GOOD!!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
no plans here...I still have 3.5 long hours to get through. You have plans?

Not really. I work 2 jobs so there isn't much room for plans. Working on Christmas presents tonight again. Andre works overnight tonight and tomorrow night. I work tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning. Might go see that new The Rock movie on Sunday afternoon. Looks pretty funny.

I just saw that movie....very cute...even had to wipe a tear or 2 :crying: Tyler Perry's new movie "why did I get married" - or something like that....is out and looks really good. :thumbs:

I thought "Why Did I get married" would be out next week :blink: I plan on going the week of the 19th, after hubby is finally here.

you might b right...it was just up on the billboard so I thought it was playing.....Oprah did a show on the topic this week saying it was out but you know she prerecords her shows so maybe it was off a week....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JAlove, Claire and everyone else...walk good and tek care...I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR U GUYS...the end is near...mek sure oonu have everything packed OK!..mi luv oonu...!! (L)

Thanks Kimmy for the good wishes. I wish we could all meet up down there to just hang. Girl, I have been packed for months now. I avoid the stores because I can't fit not even a message in any of of suitcases. Do you ladies know if they automatically search your luggage in JA? I am flying into Kingston and have gotten mixed messages. I was told that if you have "nothing to declare" you can sail through and I have heard stories that thye search your bags and put an estimate on your stuff and charge you if they think it costs ove $400. and I have heard that they only chage you if you have electronics. Can you frequent flyers enlighten me, please?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
ooh i cant wait to get me a limeade box drink!!

JaLove wishing nothing but God's favor on your interview and upcoming trip. I want a pineapple box juice...I love those things!

BTW...JaLove and Claire please have the greatest time on your upcoming trips. I wish I was going. :(

Hey Jawi girl, I plan on doing just that. I want to do the tourist thing but Mike told me that he wants us to stay home because being out in public means he has to share me with others. The more we stay home the more time he will have to spend with me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really want to just lie around the house with him and talk til we have nothing else to talk about. :thumbs::yes::yes:

Anyway I will miss you guys and know that I will be yearning to catch up with the going on's :wacko:(L)(L)(F)

I just love my VJ family :thumbs::dancing::dancing:

Timeline
JA LOVE - when is your interview date?

10/16 7:30 i hope im awake

Girl, that sure is early. I will be in JA and I sure will be thinking about you and your SO and sending prayers and good vibes your way. :thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance:

I am going 10/10 and returning 10/17 and back to work 10/18 for 3 12hr shifts. :whistle::whistle:

Gotta pay for that trip!!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ooh i cant wait to get me a limeade box drink!!

JaLove wishing nothing but God's favor on your interview and upcoming trip. I want a pineapple box juice...I love those things!

BTW...JaLove and Claire please have the greatest time on your upcoming trips. I wish I was going. :(

Hey Jawi girl, I plan on doing just that. I want to do the tourist thing but Mike told me that he wants us to stay home because being out in public means he has to share me with others. The more we stay home the more time he will have to spend with me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really want to just lie around the house with him and talk til we have nothing else to talk about. :thumbs::yes::yes:

Anyway I will miss you guys and know that I will be yearning to catch up with the going on's :wacko:(L)(L)(F)

I just love my VJ family :thumbs::dancing::dancing:

We love you too Claire...Please travel safe, be well and ENJOY YOURSELF for ALL of us that can't!! :yes::yes:

(L),Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I had to share this. I got this email from a co-worker and I found it so hilarious:

9 WORDS WOMEN USE

1. Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are

right and you need to shut up.

2. Five Minutes : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour.

Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five

more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3. Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something,

and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing

usually end in fine.

4. Go Ahead : This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5. Loud Sigh : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement

often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an

idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing

with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6. That's Okay : This is one of the most dangerous statements a woma n

can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard

before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7. Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just

say you're welcome.

8 . Whatever : Is a woma n's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9. Don't worry about it, I got it : Another dangerous statement,

meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times,

but is now doing it herself.. This will later result in a man asking

"What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

:ot2:

:lol::lol: Thanks for sharing this is too funny, I use everyone of them once sometimes twice a day :yes:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JAlove, Claire and everyone else...walk good and tek care...I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR U GUYS...the end is near...mek sure oonu have everything packed OK!..mi luv oonu...!! (L)

Thanks Kimmy for the good wishes. I wish we could all meet up down there to just hang. Girl, I have been packed for months now. I avoid the stores because I can't fit not even a message in any of of suitcases. Do you ladies know if they automatically search your luggage in JA? I am flying into Kingston and have gotten mixed messages. I was told that if you have "nothing to declare" you can sail through and I have heard stories that they search your bags and put an estimate on your stuff and charge you if they think it costs over $400. and I have heard that they only change you if you have electronics. Can you frequent flyers enlighten me, please?

Hi Clairern, once your luggage is not over weight i don't think you should have a problem. when they asked if you have anything to declare just say no, as long as you don't have any appliances -not blow dryers and that sort- you should be fine. Bon voyage.

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Do you ladies know if they automatically search your luggage in JA? I am flying into Kingston and have gotten mixed messages. I was told that if you have "nothing to declare" you can sail through and I have heard stories that thye search your bags and put an estimate on your stuff and charge you if they think it costs ove $400. and I have heard that they only chage you if you have electronics. Can you frequent flyers enlighten me, please?

I have only flown into Montego Bay once and had problems there.....they actually opened my suitcase and went through everything.

Since we stay on the other side of the island I always fly into Kingston and have never had my luggage checked. They ask if I am bringing in anything and I just say "no" and I go right through. You should have no problems!! :thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
last night will i was leaving work....my boss said to me out of the clear blue sky...you know you don't really want to have kids before you are 30....because if you did it would be a big mistake....i haven't told her yet want to get into the 2nd trimester.....but i thought what a great thing to say....

What?! Oh my God! How dare they say that too you. If that wasnt a ploy to keep you as their nanny, I dont know what is. What is a good reason for waitng til your 30? There are good reasons to have a baby at many different ages. Heck if I could have all my babies young I so I could be a hot mom I would :yes: But if you cant afford them young, then wait. I just dont like the idea of having teen agers in my housewhen I'm going on 50! I really just dont have time for that craziness.

I was thinking the same thing. What do they do by the way? Just wondering why they feel like they can draw such a conclusion. I had mine earily and I do not regret it one bit!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Do you ladies know if they automatically search your luggage in JA? I am flying into Kingston and have gotten mixed messages. I was told that if you have "nothing to declare" you can sail through and I have heard stories that thye search your bags and put an estimate on your stuff and charge you if they think it costs ove $400. and I have heard that they only chage you if you have electronics. Can you frequent flyers enlighten me, please?

I have only flown into Montego Bay once and had problems there.....they actually opened my suitcase and went through everything.

Since we stay on the other side of the island I always fly into Kingston and have never had my luggage checked. They ask if I am bringing in anything and I just say "no" and I go right through. You should have no problems!! :thumbs:

I was worried as well, we took down a lot of stuff, but we just went to the "nothing to delcare" line and was fine. I only listed the clothing and some bedding I took down.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Thanks a bunch you ladies. I feel sort of relieved.

One of my bags is a little over weight, but how would they know that? :unsure: All I have in there are clothes and shoes for Mike and myself. I am planning to tell them that my husband was sent on an emergency job assignment that has been extended. I needed to bring him the rest of his stuff that he did not get to bring down when he came down initially so he will be appropriately clothed during his stay. Last time when my luggage was delayed on US Air and sent to Kingston on AirJa, the customs officer asked me what was in the bags and I told her clothes for my husband and she looked through it anyway. I had Mike's b'day present all gift wrapped and she wanted to know what it was. I told her it was cologne and asked if she wanted me to open it (which i did not anyway) and she said it was alright..

I hope that things go alright if my bag is not flagged as overweight. I'll just take off the overweight tag. :yes::yes:

Filed: Timeline
haHAHAAA...se mi did tell u seh him suppose to come and dem tun him dung.. :lol::lol: ...I'm what u wish u were....A WOMAN !...u figet seh bugary illegal a JA !!..no worry dem soon find u...

OMG Shawn- you're back :jest: . You always did provide us with some laughs back in the day.

Did you ever make it to the States?

Shawn mi tink u affi u cook..what happened !

I'm just going back to read a little more thouroughly- so I hope I am reading this incorrectly(your answer to my quote) because I definitely am not Shawn :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.